Multi Gen Sample Teams Mega-Thread(Generations 3, 4, 5, and 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I'm here to talk about how the sample teams' OP credits teams.

For the ADV teams I've been pretty pushy about crediting arrangements as "various users" or in other words "this team is ingrained into the tier, is an intuitive build, has been built by a variety of players without collusion, similar builds will default to this arrangement" or however else you may want to communicate that idea. The two teams I provided since this thread started I credited to "various users" and was thinking about a push for the Standard Shedinja team to also be credited to "various users" since that's pretty much the simplest way to utilize Shedinja and there's not much room for deviation (even has the word standard in the team name).

So I guess this is the question: will we always just credit a team to the first person that posts it in this thread?

I guess you can already see what I'm getting at here. What happens if a user posts a team in this thread that another user was known for building and using in a tour, or what if a user posts a team that another user already posted in the team workshop, and so on. Will this thread just credit the user that posted it, will the OP be attuned enough to realize that the team "belongs" (whatever that means) to another user, will both users be credited, or will it just be credited to "various users"?

Classic HO presents an interesting challenge as to how ORAS teams have been credited. This team is currently credited to Fireburn and the ORAS council. It is credited this way because Fireburn happened to be the first user to post it in the sample teams thread and the council has made altercations since. This team was posted formally, in an RMT, by a user that isn't Fireburn or a member of the ORAS council before Fireburn posted it in sample teams. In other words, there is a precedent for crediting a team to the first poster in this thread, rather than the first user to put it in writing.

Here's a thought experiment: let's say you made a team for another user, either through B101, the teambuilding workshop, or whatever. That user then utilized the team for a short period of time and found it strong enough that they wanted to post in this thread. The team is accepted and the user that posted the team is credited rather than the creator. Are we okay with doing this? Does the "owner" of the team get to object? Do we credit both users, just the creator, or do we just say "various users" and drop the idea that this team was created by someone for a purpose at some point.

My motivation for bringing this up is because of how the Mega Lucario HO was treated by the OP and because it makes me wonder how this thread will approach crediting ORAS teams in the future. The team provided by Theultimate12 was RMTed here. I rated this team as I do with many others, but this time I posted my variant of the team as reference material at the end of my rate. Look familiar? The Mega Lucario HO that was added to the OP is mon for mon the exact team my Mega Lucario HO is and has been. The team that was added to the OP is not the team provided by Theultimate12 in this thread, or the one in his RMT, but is the team I provided. Yet, the team is credited to the poster and the council rather than the user that originally posted it.

Of course it's possible that the ORAS council was completely unaware of this RMT or my rate and defaulted the arrangement to what I had already proposed. Obviously many arrangements in Pokemon are intuitive after all and I don't believe they can be "owned" by any single person. You can argue though that there is more going on in this case however. What's more troubling is if the council would notice if a rated team was directly lifted without having it brought up by the creator of the RMT, after all they didn't notice this event, despite more than half of the current ORAS council being active in RMT / RMT staff when I posted that rate.

I bring all of this up mainly because I wonder how we're going to credit the ORAS builds that deserve to be on the OP but just haven't been posted yet. Are we going to just credit the first person that posts them, or the first person that posts the definitive version, or the first person to have posted the team elsewhere on Smogon?

Just some things for the contributors of this thread to consider.

~

To make this clear, it's impossible for the council to have information about all the teams in the tier. Once a team is posted in this thread, if there are no complaints from users that the team was stolen from someone or somewhere, we have to credit the one who posted it.

Now, If a conflict happens and someone complains that the team is his, I will ask both players for replays and the one with the older replay takes the credit. Unless the one with the older replay accepts to share credits.

On a side note, if someone is found stealing a team from a thread and posting it here, he will be banned from posting/viewing this thread and might get an infraction.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
I think that credit can only be given to whomever evidently manifested the original idea of the team first. In the instance of the Mega Lucario HO team it appears so that theultimate12 first created the team on release of his RMT and whichever alterations made to it (yes, even ones that improve the team) are but versions of it.

This once happened to me in a week of the ubers teambuilding competition, specifically the week that aegislash was chosen to be the centerpiece of teams. Coincidentally a week prior to the posting I had created a stall team of PDon / Aegislash / Blissey / Mdiancie / Lugia / Waterceus. Unfortunately, though, Hack posted the same exact build as his entry for the week. I wasn't exactly upset that our ideas coincided but rather just surprised. I had no right to be upset about it anyways though because I'd never used the team publicly (meaning to claim that he stole it from me would be ridiculous); for all I knew the team was my idea, but, well, the sort of thing just happens sometimes. Hack publicized the team first so he gets credit for building it, as it appears he created the team from his own ideas. Yes, I have my own version of the team before seeing that Hack's and my own ideas created the same team, but if I ladder with it or use it in a room tour people are going to point out that it is Hack's team.

For a user to claim that a team released by another user is 'theirs' is a similar offense to changing a single Pokemon on a team and saying the team now belongs to them. Sure, you can throw it out there that you had the idea of whatever team firstly before the current creditee, but honestly, nobody cares nor is going to believe you so it isn't worth the breath to argue about who gets credit for it at such a point. Just give credit for teams to whoever shares first and note when a team is of direct collaboration between two or more users

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now, If a conflict happens and someone complains that the team is his, I will ask both players for replays and the one with the older replay takes the credit. Unless the one with the older replay accepts to share credits.
This is a horrible way to determine credit for a variety of reasons:

- The system can only consider the first time a replay is saved with the team, it ignores the actual metric for crediting a team properly: when the initial idea behind the team became a full realized build.

- Pokemon teams for gens 2, 3, 4, and 5 can predate PS! replays. Logs taken from older battle sims can also be falsified.

- The builder of a team is not necessarily the first to save a PS! replay with it, often times teams are built for other players to use, yet this system gives credit to a player that used the team, not the one who actually created it.

- Teams are often built for specific tournaments, then tested in secret. You do not save replays of your test matches unless you want to leak away all your teams before the match happens. I do not have replays for my teams that weren't used in UPL that are a part of my team archive; these teams were tested in secret, and for obvious reasons, replays were not saved. Under the system you posted, a player could import one of my teams into PS!, save a replay, and now be credited for the team. In fact as of now, I do not hold the earliest replays for several of these teams so I guess that means they aren't mine anymore, even if my archive date, let alone the dates the teams were actually finished, predate the replays.

- Often times you'll build a team, briefly test it on the ladder, and never save any replays of it. Under this system a player that sees a team being used on the ladder by another player can copy it, save a replay, and now get credit.

- Teams that are first conceived on forums (B101 conversations, Ubers teambuilding workshop, RMT rates, etc, or even on other competitive Pokemon sites) allow for a user to lift the team, save a replay, and now have credit under this system.

If a conflict in regards to team ownership does arise in the future it needs to be addressed in such a way that it takes all the factors involved into account. Judgment should then be determined based on the evidence available, not by a single criteria that fails to address the actual issue. I don't expect every user that is on a council of this thread to have information on every posted team's origin, but I expect them to have common sense and be attuned to what is going on in Ubers related forums. There is also the capacity to credit multiple users, or "various users" for builds that are ingrained into the tier, are intuitive, have been built by a variety of players without collusion, and so on.

If you want to go with the idea that whoever puts it in writing first gets credit no matter what, where do you draw the line? Do just all six Pokemon have to be the same or do all the sets have to be the same too? If it's just a combination of two or three mons then every team on here should be credited to "various users". Personally I don't agree with treating this philosophy of crediting teams as absolute either.

Again I am bringing this up because I think it's worthwhile to understand how we're going to credit builds for the purpose of this thread. For example, the OP lacks a trap turn HO, which has been a solved build for over a year. If I post "my" team that was featured in PoTW do I get credit or are we going to credit "various users" or will someone else start asking me for my earliest replays of it and now it's not mine anymore?

There have been multiple incidents of this in ORAS alone when it comes to how we credit teams, so I feel we should do our best to resolve this.

MS, you're giving way too much of a fuck about something that you shouldn't. What does credit matter about a Pokemon team, really? The council cannot be cherry-picking about it. I mean, what does it even matter? Is it about fame? Recognition from the community? Glory? ORAS Ubers is a tier that creates lots of scenarios where two users have thought of the same exact mons, with slightly different movesets or EVs. You're making this way bigger than it should be.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Looks like I just got called out for posting legitimate concern in an Ubers thread, and one that I'm on a council for no less. How dare I have an opinion on the way a thread functions that I actively contribute to.

If it really doesn't matter how we credit teams for samples, why do we bother crediting them at all?

While you were posting a response that does nothing but try to kick up dirt, Lord Outrage actually had a conversation with me on how we're going to approach this moving forward. If there are no objections to how a team is credited then there are no objections. If one comes up, we'll handle it based on all the information we have on a case by case basis. Also, some of the current sample teams will be reevaluated to ensure that the quality remains consistent as the tier continues to move forward. As I told Lord Outrage in our PM and already explained in my posts, I don't care about being personally credited for anything I contribute to this thread. If you're looking for glory in competitive gaming, Pokemon is the wrong place to look.

hyw

Banned deucer.
While you were posting a response that does nothing but try to kick up dirt, Lord Outrage actually had a conversation with me on how we're going to approach this moving forward. If there are no objections to how a team is credited then there are no objections. If one comes up, we'll handle it based on all the information we have on a case by case basis. Also, some of the current sample teams will be reevaluated to ensure that the quality remains consistent as the tier continues to move forward.
Classic HO presents an interesting challenge as to how ORAS teams have been credited. This team is currently credited to Fireburn and the ORAS council. It is credited this way because Fireburn happened to be the first user to post it in the sample teams thread and the council has made altercations since. This team was posted formally, in an RMT, by a user that isn't Fireburn or a member of the ORAS council before Fireburn posted it in sample teams. In other words, there is a precedent for crediting a team to the first poster in this thread, rather than the first user to put it in writing.
You can dodge the premise by flaring that James Jimmy was "calling you out" or "kicking up dirt" or whatever but the fact remains that he raises a valid point of contention.

Replays of an XY team I built for the Shadow Tag Suspect Test, long before either ORAS's release or even the whole Fireburn/chaos/Anything Goes fiasco; circa September to October of 2014:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uberssuspecttest-173256877
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uberssuspecttest-178095876

Replay of an XY team I built even further back for the fall tours of 2014-2015, proof of the first competitive use of Rocky Helmet + Magic Coat combination with mono-Stealth Rocks (only difference was Psycho Boost > Skill Swap because not even Magic Bouncers existed back then lol):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-217856742

The first day ORAS was released, I gave Groudon a Red Orb and changed my DD Ray to a DD Mence and kept everything else literally the same, down to bulky Life Orb Ekiller. Long story short, with this exact formula, I ended up winning 10 straight rounds last Seasonal.

Additionally, here is a screenshot of a scribble I wrote down in my Notes app on my phone whilst staring out the window in math class one day a full month before Hack's "Full Stall" team surfaced:
http://i.imgur.com/Sf2VIZZ.jpg

I challenged myself to come up with the most legal substance I could pertaining to this discussion in the stretch of 10 minutes, I'm curious as to what you would make of the above.

Edit: Effective thenceforth, I hereby declare that "ORAS Classic HO" was built BEFORE ORAS WAS EVEN RELEASED by none other than yours truly !!

Last edited:
Just to clear the issue, when a conflict arises about credits, the council will treat the case and decide who will get it. Each case will be treated seperatly depending on all the infos we can gather or get.

Well, I dont think that I can add anything else to this conversation, but all that I can say now is that MS`s team being similar to mine is just a coincidence, nothing more. Heck, I actually said that in the RMT I made as well so, yeah, it was not my intention to do this at all. XD

Well, I do not expect to accept it or anything, but if I may I share with you a team with a little innovative twist, if you may add. Not long ago I move, but it has given me a nice result. Anyway, without further ado, I'll try not to leave it so sad and make it more attractive for everyone. Obviously this is the current Oras.

Night Riders:

Explanation:
As you can see, innovation is based on Arceus-Flying. He was tired of seeing and using common types of Arceus, so I decided to play this. Surely the little I have used the team is a great stallbreaker no doubt. The combination of CM + Refresh is needed, there are many abusers Ubers status, so it is good. The rest does not need much logic. The offensive core MGengar + Yveltal is my favorite. I've put Knock Off to prevent Geomancy Xerneas. Only if you are sure that it is. Well, also for Ho-Oh, obviously. Life Orb + Oblivion vs Xerneas for damage, which is not much. Gengar is offensive + DBond set like an escape route. Other than this is not me. Basically it is a double climate with Arceus-Fly. Excadrill part of Spiner / Sweeper. Surely if I miss what you were going to ask ... Both PDon as Tyranitar has Stealth Rock. It may seem rarer than double defog lead, but honestly that way I do well, as both Thunder Wave abuse and pressure to force them to stay.

Importable:
Arceus-Flying @ Sky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 128 HP / 4 Def / 200 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 160 HP / 168 Def / 152 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Dude, I just posted a team. You may have problems with Pdon if Rock Polish, but what team does not? No team is perfect, not everything can be covered. Maybe you're right and I kept praying. Thanks for the information, you're a very funny guy.

Dude, I just posted a team. You may have problems with Pdon if Rock Polish, but what team does not? No team is perfect, not everything can be covered. Maybe you're right and I kept praying. Thanks for the information, you're a very funny guy.
The thing is every team, EVERY TEAM on Ubers should need a Pdon check, what team is good if that dont have nothing to pressure / stop groudon, considering Primal Groudon is likely 90% Seen on matchs?

I do not want to see this anymore hyw and Jhonx~. You both never contributed or posted anything to/in this thread while Mangata did. There is also a council who decides if a team gets in or not and you both are unfortunately not part of this council. Instead of posting unhelpful messages, next time try to give him advice on his team(like suggesting Air Ballon Excadrill as a quick example).

I do not want to see this anymore hyw and Jhonx~. You both never contributed or posted anything to/in this thread while Mangata did. There is also a council who decides if a team gets in or not and you both are unfortunately not part of this council. Instead of posting unhelpful messages, next time try to give him advice on his team(like suggesting Air Ballon Excadrill as a quick example).
oki doki, never doing that again, also i will contribute tomorrow, i have a lot of teams GOOD that i ve tested for this thread

Okay, I was debating to post this or not, since trout has a team simular to this, but decided to do this anyways.

Lethal Legends

This team is basicly a hyper offense with a Bronzong.
Bronzong walls Xerneas, while being able to set up Stealth Rock, giving Primal Groudon a free slot.
This team basicly does what every offense is supposed to do.
For more information on the team, see my RMT below:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lethal-legends.3576838/#post-6895714

One possible change I can see being made, is to change this more "gimmicky" pdon set, although it works, to a dual dance set.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

I think both versions work nicely.
The reason I'm suggesting this team here is because I've seen, and heard that a lot of new and unexperienced players have been using it ever since I posted my RMT.
Although most of them don't manage to bring out the team's fullest potential, it still works, giving them a high winning rate. I think the team in general is a good team to use to get familiar with the current meta.
I hope most of you agree with me on this.

Original:
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch

Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Shadow Claw

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Dual Dance Pdon version:
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Shadow Claw

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

EDIT: Using Skill Swap over Protect on Bronzong is also a possibility, to improve the stall matchup, but it comes at the cost of being able to possibly lose to Focus Blast Xerneas, and losing its only way on recovery and racking up the Toxic damage.

Last edited:

Samqian

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Past WCoP Champion
I felt the need to post a lando team in here, but i got sniped by lucos ;-;. But anyway, I still would like to share this team which I believe is pretty solid.

Description: I wanted to make a team around Arceus-Ground, which is a very powerful set but lacks priority. So, to fix this I made Pdon my stealth rocker, and my xerneas check, and I made sure that it was Max spd. I then added Mega Gengar which is a very splashable mega, and I chose it over mence because I wanted a mon that could trap things such as Support Arceus forms, and E killer Arceus. Xerneas and Darkrai were added since they are good wallbreakers to balance, and after that I realized that my team was super weak to offense so I added Scarf Lando, which is a good mon versus various offenses with its ability and its speed. Landorus and Gengar make a good core too, as Landorus can use U turn to switch into Gengar to trap. This team does what an offense should do, and it should be a good team for new users.

Import: http://hastebin.com/elugeyajuv.md
http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/groudon#

I promised Outrage that I was going to post teams here after Open, I lost haxed like a dog so I come here to do what I promised, lets start.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Brave Bird

I wanted to build a team with Primal Kyogre, a pokemon that isnt very used in the actually metagame, but its solid on Balanced Teams, because his bulk and his decent special attack, so i started adding support to Kyogre, Yveltal was a good choice because it can stop Gengar Mega and ghosts in general, giving me good chance agaisnt HO builds with Gengar or Arceus-Ghost also Rocky Helmet helps me agaisnt Ekiller, a potentially threat in Ubers, Diancie Mega was a choice on my Mind inspired on AriiStella RMT, also Diancie is a good answer to Sableye Mega and Darkrai / Yveltal, with a defensive ev spread that allows me to survive Earthquake from Ho-Oh and kill it, Heal Bell makes it a good cleric, Arceus Water is my choice vs Ho-Oh, Groudon Primal switch in and Salamence check, these evs are to outspeed Base 90 Speed pokemon, another evs spread that can be used is 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe Jolly, which let me outspeed Jolly Rayquaza, Ho-Oh is my xerneas Soft-check and helps me with Substitute to avoid status and agaisnt Arceus-Ghost, and in other words Primal Groudon is my Stealth Rock setter, and my Xerneas Check because if Ho-Oh cant break xerneas, Groudon can revenge kill or just roar it.

Wings of Night

I COULD BE BANNED!

Kinda surprised there's no team with Dialga, Lando-T or Deoxys-A yet since they have gotten quite a bit usage and better lately so here's a team featuring all 3 of those.

The team is based around the pretty simple Lando+Deo-A core posted by Lacus Clyne here which is able to create momentum via uturn due to the switches Lando can force vs klefki, pdon and stuff like that and get Deoxys in safely so it can wreak havoc. Because Lando-T gives Mega Salamence free turns as soon as it locks itself into anything but U-turn so I added Dialga which checks even eq Mega mence due to shuca and is also my rocks setter. This core synergizes really well especially because Lando-T can work as a solid sleep absorber for dialga and Dialga gets up rocks vs any possible hazard control so Deo-A can break stuff like Lugia and spdef Sableye easier. Toxic on Dialga prevents Recover Ekiller from sweeping me in the long run which it usually does with Dialga teams. The next 3 mons are just staples. Primal Groudon is the best pokemon in the metagame and able to check Xerneas while being good vs Offense with rp and bulkier builds with SD. Mega Salamence is a terrifying wallbreaker/sweeper and provides me another Ekiller and Pdon check in case Lando is asleep, Dialga weakened or something. It can also absorb status from stuff like non ice beam Waterceus and isn't crippled by Ho-Oh's sacred fire due to facade. Ghostceus couldn't really fit there because Yveltal is already threatening enough and scarf xern is also annoying so I just went with the standard ekiller with stone edge to hit Lugia, Yveltal and Mega Salamence harder.

Sleep Talk allows me to soft check Darkrai while the spread allows me to outspeed standard scarf xerneas, I don't really like adamant tbh because you get outsped by important things like naive Deo-A and scarfxern. You can probably run explosion over sleep talk if you want which prevents setup from basically everything.
Outspeeds Cloyster with the current spread which can be a kinda annoying matchup. Toxic like I said cripples recover ekiller and also prevents stuff like regular ekiller, ghostceus and primal groudon from setting up on you for free if you are -2 or something. Could also be changed to roar for xerneas but xerneas is covered well enough by groudon + double espeed tbh
pretty standard spread, just enough to outspeed Mega Gengar and Mewtwo and hit as hard as possible. Knock off is an option over ice beam to OHKO latis, you miss out on the ability to 2HKO sableye and OHKO Yveltal though.
enough to outspeed Mega Kangaskhan and hit as hard as possible, eq is better vs offense so you don't have to take recoil vs things like groudon and you also hit klefki and rockceus but ho-oh balances can be quite annoying if they burn mega salamence.
kinda unorthodox spread, outspeeds lead excadrill but you could probably go for 321 speed (standard mega salamence benchmark) or just jolly.
standard spread. Always survives +2 Xerneas after taking rocks, survives 2 Judgments from Arceus-Dragon and outspeeds base 90 scarfers although those aren't really a thing anymore.

The rest should be obvious.

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Double-Edge

I Want U.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Flash Cannon

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Lopunny since he had a mega evolution was my favorite pokemon. He always looked good in OU thanks to its speed and excellent skill. But it was not until recently that I decided to do the same but in Uber, a solid team based on the. Emphasize that it is a very important pillar and I dare say that almost has better precensia than OU, although it is true that change sets. an interesting core with Deoxys-Speed makes covering the ghost type, which is normally begin with but that depends on what you bring the rival. If a team Sticky Web with Smeargle or Excadrill my mega it would be logical that with the combination Fake Out + Low Kick is enough. From everything I've tasted it may suffer a little Lugia / Double Dance PDon. For the latter I have only Rayquaza and priority. Xerneas Scarf / Geomancy is more controlled. The idea of Deoxys-Speed as it looks to users like Magic Bounce MDiancie not have it so easy. It was necessary to put it weakens because this annoying fairy, but all depending on the set or luck. Flash Cannon can come great for Xerneas itself. I see myself not hurt to other Deoxys carrying Magic Coat to defend myself. mixed for those pesky steels + MSalamence that evolve mega fall before Draco Meteor almost without realizing what happens rayquaza. Many take the Intimidate and are surprised. Ghost Arceus to have a way out if I do Rapid Spin. This is always useful, and also covers the mega. I consider another pillar of the team with the king Pdon, but that's something we all know. My Xerneas Scarf + Sleep Talk is ready to fit that Darkrai Dark Void. I think it's the best suits him, Geomancy achievement not see with equal effectiveness. I won battles thanks to this version and supporting with Healing Wish Lopunny, in an offensive team must always have cards like this. Double Dance Pdon was chosen, another version was not much different than this before, or had only been Miss Stone Miss Rock where he is now Fire Punch and appeared PB EQ done before. I meditated not change much, it was more due to multiple failures when playing and why. But it is a good defense + attack on offensive teams and even Sticky Web. I have taken the trouble to play in the ladder for a week or more under an alt account, and honestly I have not done wrong. +1750 Few days. Giving performances and great battles. Another weak point of the team can be MGengar and strategy based on TSpikes team.

Last edited:
I Want U.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Flash Cannon

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Lopunny since he had a mega evolution was my favorite pokemon. He always looked good in OU thanks to its speed and excellent skill. But it was not until recently that I decided to do the same but in Uber, a solid team based on the. Emphasize that it is a very important pillar and I dare say that almost has better precensia than OU, although it is true that change sets. an interesting core with Deoxys-Speed makes covering the ghost type, which is normally begin with but that depends on what you bring the rival. If a team Sticky Web with Smeargle or Excadrill my mega it would be logical that with the combination Fake Out + Low Kick is enough. From everything I've tasted it may suffer a little Lugia / Double Dance PDon. For the latter I have only Rayquaza and priority. Xerneas Scarf / Geomancy is more controlled. The idea of Deoxys-Speed as it looks to users like Magic Bounce MDiancie not have it so easy. It was necessary to put it weakens because this annoying fairy, but all depending on the set or luck. Flash Cannon can come great for Xerneas itself. I see myself not hurt to other Deoxys carrying Magic Coat to defend myself. mixed for those pesky steels + MSalamence that evolve mega fall before Draco Meteor almost without realizing what happens rayquaza. Many take the Intimidate and are surprised. Ghost Arceus to have a way out if I do Rapid Spin. This is always useful, and also covers the mega. I consider another pillar of the team with the king Pdon, but that's something we all know. My Xerneas Scarf + Sleep Talk is ready to fit that Darkrai Dark Void. I think it's the best suits him, Geomancy achievement not see with equal effectiveness. I won battles thanks to this version and supporting with Healing Wish Lopunny, in an offensive team must always have cards like this. Double Dance Pdon was chosen, another version was not much different than this before, or had only been Miss Stone Miss Rock where he is now Fire Punch and appeared PB EQ done before. I meditated not change much, it was more due to multiple failures when playing and why. But it is a good defense + attack on offensive teams and even Sticky Web. I have taken the trouble to play in the ladder for a week or more under an alt account, and honestly I have not done wrong. +1750 Few days. Giving performances and great battles. Another weak point of the team can be MGengar and strategy based on TSpikes team.

I'm glad to see someone else try to make a Lop Team. And trust me, I might be the most experienced lop player. And this team has definite flaws. I don't see how you are checking stall. Additionally, I don't see an answer to Mega Salamence, and you have 4 attackers, three of which are easy salamence set up opportunities (lopunny, arceus, and groudon). A team with defensive yveltal and bronzong would wall this team to death. My suggestion for salamence is to run ice beam over flash cannon, but this won't work if there are any hazards on your side. Also a good pdon check would be for your ray to have waterfall over V-Create. It's a start, but the team is too weak to stall and M Sala and has too few Pdon checks. Additionally, once something else is asleep, you can switch into Lopunny and mega fake out then low kick and that will kill darkrai, no need for two move xern, use geo + 3 attacks.

Hello Ubers council~ tagging Nayrz because he is a forum moderator.
Is it possible to edit the title of this thread to "(accepting teams)", in order for people to know when it's acceptable to post teams in here?

Teams are fine to post in these threads unless stated otherwise, however my main issue is that for a stickied thread and a vital resource of the forum for players, it has been very neglected with updates especially with more up to date meta teams - therefore I'm down to see this reassigned to a more active user. Anyone able and willing to take over can reach out to me or the other mods.

edit: Minority Suspect is taking over - locking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)