Multi Gen Sample Teams Mega-Thread(Generations 3, 4, 5, and 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
I just want to share this team with you all so that players who are new to this meta will get to know about this tier and will start making their own team
Sample teams are supposed to be easy to use for new users, and showcasing the state of the current meta. This team does accomplish either, being an inferior version of a current sample team. Showing new users a team with no groudon, while having Ditto and Giratina-A does not give them a jump-start to learning the meta.

Well this team is my personal best and peaked too high on the ladder also won each and every tour with this.
I just want to share this team with you all so that players who are new to this meta will get to know about this tier and will start making their own team.Hope this is good to be showcased.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
-

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Refresh
- Recover

Chansey+Giratina+Sabmega is a good core which helps you to surpass many team but yveltal and megamence are a problem to this core so adding rockeus is a good choice which helps you to check them.HoOh with mon which is a disaster with band so adding was needed to handle resttalk xern but watchout for AV/LO xerneas which carry rock slide.Ditto is the final mon to add to handle that pokemon which raised its stat by transforming and then killing the opposing mon with 'its' best move(ATB)
Not gonna go into details, as I believe they are unnecessary, but this team is majorly and irredeemably flawed.

It doesn't look too bad, seems like a pretty standard team with Darkceus instead of some other forme. Some of the sets are quite off though. Rocky helmet catches next to nothing and you really need lefties for longevity. Sforce Giratina-O is neat if you need an SD Ghostceus check, but you have Darkceus so I don't quite understand that move choice. Darkceus itself seems incredibly random for a team like this; you should do well enough vs stall as long as you can synergize breaking attempts with Ho-oh+Mence. Rn you are just dead in the water vs any Diancie team due to that Arceus choice. SD Arc Ground is probably preferable and as it also adds to physically offensive synergy you will do better vs stall teams (which Arceus-Dark isn't really that threatening to anyway).

It doesn't look too bad, seems like a pretty standard team with Darkceus instead of some other forme. Some of the sets are quite off though. Rocky helmet catches next to nothing and you really need lefties for longevity. Sforce Giratina-O is neat if you need an SD Ghostceus check, but you have Darkceus so I don't quite understand that move choice. Darkceus itself seems incredibly random for a team like this; you should do well enough vs stall as long as you can synergize breaking attempts with Ho-oh+Mence. Rn you are just dead in the water vs any Diancie team due to that Arceus choice. SD Arc Ground is probably preferable and as it also adds to physically offensive synergy you will do better vs stall teams (which Arceus-Dark isn't really that threatening to anyway).
Ok thanks for the rate. I'll switch the rocky helmet to lefties and try out ParaHex on Giratina-O.
The main reason I like Physical Giratina is because it can anti lead Deoxys-S with S Sneak I mean the basic idea of the team is against Stall you use the Offensive/Support move to pivot into getting rid of TTar and Blissy then Arceus-Dark sets up CMs and wins, against Offence Giratina anti leads the hazard setter and Giratina and Keys stops at least one sweeper on the enemy team while Bulky MMence deals with DD PDon but yeah I'll definitely look into your suggestions :)

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I would also recommend changing your Arceus to Arceus-Water or even Ground so you won't get 6-0 by Mega-Diancie. Just pointing that out.

Edit: This will open a lot of room for Arceus-Ghost though.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the rate. I'll switch the rocky helmet to lefties and try out ParaHex on Giratina-O.
The main reason I like Physical Giratina is because it can anti lead Deoxys-S with S Sneak I mean the basic idea of the team is against Stall you use the Offensive/Support move to pivot into getting rid of TTar and Blissy then Arceus-Dark sets up CMs and wins, against Offence Giratina anti leads the hazard setter and Giratina and Keys stops at least one sweeper on the enemy team while Bulky MMence deals with DD PDon but yeah I'll definitely look into your suggestions :)
Not exactly what I meant, physical is fine, I just think EQ is a superior option in general and you should pretty much only run Sforce when you have an SD ghostceus problem- which you don't. However, if you are replacing that Arceus then I'd recommend keeping the Giratina-O set.

Also I don't undersand a word of your stall match up-plan

I changed Klefkis Rocky Helmet to Leftovers thanks for the rest of your suggestions.

Re Lacus:
Mega Diancie doesn't really impend me that much, PDon is the lead 95.5% of the time and forces 33/33/33s between P Blades, Protect or just switching out. Ho-Oh and Giratina have enough speed to where that out speed it pre Mega evolving and slay it with EQ/S Force I'm also not sure what I accomplish by adding Groundceus to this team, double Ground really brings more problems then meets the eye (I know POgre isn't that common but its still influential enough to force secondary checks on none HO).

Re Hack:
The standard stall team (MEye/PDon/TTar/Bliss/Lugia/Waterceus) is easy to pivot around thanks to handy Burn/Toxic immunity's the basic idea is to make the right reads and get the right pokemon in. If you get around Tyraintar and Blissy Darkceus gets up a few CM boosts and can sweeps the rest of the team.

My 2 cents about what Lacus Clyne said: Lacus meant that Diancie can keep coming back every time, say, Klefki is out, and basically get a kill. Switching in your Groudon-Primal is not safe vs. a Diancie, because they usually run Earth Power. So, take a look at your team. Do you have any switch-ins to a Diancie?

Last edited:
Having taken into account all these brilliant post as well as looking back at how my team preforms I have decided to delete the team from the thread since there are waaaaaaaay to many great points to contradict and I'm honestly not in the mood to deeply explain all of them. I won't deny Diancie is a great Pokémon in Ubers but if I really need to change my Arceus form just to check it then by that logic Bulky Refresh Mega Salamence should be the standard on the Bog HO since Klefki literally fucks almost that entire team over harder then sex.

I'm still keeping the team tho since its still doing me great on the Ladder and Mega Diancie still isn't common enough to change anything I'm afraid, SEEYA AROUND!

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
i think you should've left the team it'd been helpful to new users cos now hack lacus jj's comments make no sense, while with the team they provide good thought process from which new users can learn

Having taken into account all these brilliant post as well as looking back at how my team preforms I have decided to delete the team from the thread since there are waaaaaaaay to many great points to contradict and I'm honestly not in the mood to deeply explain all of them. I won't deny Diancie is a great Pokémon in Ubers but if I really need to change my Arceus form just to check it then by that logic Bulky Refresh Mega Salamence should be the standard on the Bog HO since Klefki literally fucks almost that entire team over harder then sex.

I'm still keeping the team tho since its still doing me great on the Ladder and Mega Diancie still isn't common enough to change anything I'm afraid, SEEYA AROUND!
Ok so I actually don't know if you are trolling threads around this community or that you just aren't willing/able to learn basic etiquette on forums like these. I'm leaning on the former though.

This is because it should take approximately 0 brain power to figure out that the following isn't acceptable:

a) If you don't want to keep arguing, there is no need to write a post in a highly dramatic fashion. You are of course entitled to your opinion regarding Diancie vs the team (which I'm highly dubious towards why you hold so dearly since 6 damage calculations of its standard set vs your team shows that every mon is at least 2hkod and outsped). What is not ok is putting your disagreement out in that kind of way. Giving the whole "I'm right but I cba to explain to you plebs"-attitude and then pulling out the logical fallacy re: HO vs Klefki just makes you look trolly and is not acceptable behavior. In addition pulling out a quite laughable sexual reference and some cursing to "prove" your point and finishing up with an all caps isn't exactly fine either.

b) Answering with a pure shit post when another user tries to explain your behavior was inappropriate (although I agree that particular Sparksblade post was quite ass too).

Maybe you aren't trolling though, and you actually don't understand how to behave. Considering this I can't really find it in me to infract, but this surely is your final warning from me at least. Hopefully for you the other mods are as lenient.

Last edited:

Well, no one told you not to keep this team, but, please, let's keep the arguments relevant. A team that does well on the ladder, doesn't mean that it will do well in any relevant tournaments, let alone against good players. In addition to that, I must add an argument that should be food for thought for you: if a team loses to a fairly common Pokemon/set (Diancie in your case), then it means it has some blatant flaws that need fixing. It's that simple, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Nope! I am not very nice at all as it turns out, although I only gave them a 1 pointer so they must already have infractions.

If you get around Tyraintar and Blissy Darkceus gets up a few CM boosts and can sweeps the rest of the team.
Yes, if it can get around two hard counters (assuming Roar or Low Kick Tyranitar), then yes, Dark Arceus can threaten standard stall. Otherwise it just cries in the corner.

When is this thread being updated? I mean, a lot of teams are being ignored, and I just want to know if they've been accepted or not.

STANDARD BORING OL' DIANCIE HAZARD STACKING BULLSHIT

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Thunder Wave

So this team is built around Diancie-Mega, a huge offensive threat that takes whole teams unprepared for it by storm. The second pokemon I added was Ho-Oh, to pressure Steel-types and most of Diancie's checks. It also appreciates the anti-hazard support Diancie gives it. I also decided to add Giratina-O, as a solid check to Boosted PDon, as well as being another reliable source of hazard removal and an EK check rolled into one. At this point, I said to myself, "Hm, this team lookin' kinda weak to Xern," and added Klefki to stack spikes and to reliably spread cancer paralysis throughout the opposing team, allowing Giratina and Ho-oh to have much more fun. Now this team was weak to Primal Kyogre, so I added the greatest check in the game, Primal Groudon. It functions as a reliable stealth rock setter that can set up multiple times in a match and spread even more cancer status through the opposing team. Lastly, we have Arceus-Water, a good blanket check to things like PDon, and a good mon for the team to fall back on as an emergency check.
Lol. You must love the color: Yellow.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond/Protect
- Taunt

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Roar

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block/Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

EVs: 244 SpA / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Defog
- Toxic

I wanted to post this team since a few days ago where I finalized the sets. It focuses on taking out Arceus-Normal's checks (mainly Giratina-Origin, Salamence-Mega, Skarmory, etc.) with Gengar and Rayquaza, so that the latter has an easy job of sweeping late game. I used Dazzling Gleam on Klefki to bait Sableye-Mega and have an actual 78.5% chance to 2HKO it from full HP. (96 SpA Klefki Dazzling Gleam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Sableye: 144-170 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO). Other options in movesets would be Destiny Bond over Protect on Gengar to deal with Ho-Oh mainly and Spikes over Heal Block on Klefki, even though Rest / Sleep Talk Geomancy Xerneas are becoming more and more frequent. Last but not least, I had to use the Taunt set on Gengar in order to avoid being total bait to Facade Salamence-Mega and the physical Giratina-Origin set over the Hex one, in order to deal with Mewtwo and Deoxys-Attack better. Lord Outrage I'm tagging you to check it out.

EDIT: You can still use Arceus-Ground, but I found that Arceus-Normal is probably better. That spread enables it to outspeed Modest Diancie-Mega and Modest Latios, being able to Recover up on them (252+ SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 171-202 (42.6 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO) and even set up right in front of Latios' face.

Last edited:

darrell1297

Banned deucer.
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond/Protect
- Icy Wind

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Roar

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block/Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

EVs: 244 Atk / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

I wanted to post this team since a few days ago where I finalized the sets. It focuses on taking out Arceus-Normal's checks (mainly Giratina-Origin, Salamence-Mega, Skarmory, etc.) with Gengar and Rayquaza, so that the latter has an easy job of sweeping late game. I used Dazzling Gleam on Klefki to bait Sableye-Mega and have an actual 78.5% chance to 2HKO it from full HP. (96 SpA Klefki Dazzling Gleam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Sableye: 144-170 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO). Other options in movesets would be Destiny Bond over Protect on Gengar to deal with Ho-Oh mainly and Spikes over Heal Block on Klefki, even though Rest / Sleep Talk Geomancy Xerneas are becoming more and more frequent. Last but not least, I had to use the Icy Wind set on Gengar in order to avoid being total bait to Facade Salamence-Mega and the physical Giratina-Origin set over the Hex one, in order to deal with Mewtwo and Deoxys-Attack better. Lord Outrage I'm tagging you to check it out.

EDIT: You can still use Arceus-Ground, but I found that Arceus-Normal is probably better. That spread enables it to outspeed Modest Diancie-Mega and Modest Latios, being able to Recover up on them (252+ SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 171-202 (42.6 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO) and even set up right in front of Latios' face.
Speaking from experience, this team has to be top 5 in the meta. Like it only loses to hax tbh.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-399197669 Me getting haxed to death and still winning because this team IS BROKEN.

Mega Lucario HO - Theultimate12 with modifications made by the council

Accepted by the council.

Specs Mewtwo Offense - Dominatio

Rejected by the council.
1) Very weak to stall. 2) Weak to Ho-Oh: Facade Mega Salamence can handle one Ho-Oh bait and not two (Scarf Xerneas and Klefki in ths case).
3) Weak to Double Dance Primal Groudon.

Rejected by the council.
1) Weak to stall.
2) Weak to defensive Rest + Sleep Talk Primal Kyogre.
3) Mewtwo and 4 attacks Latios create holes in the team.

Rejected by the council.
1)Weak to Toxic Mega Diancie, Rest + Sleep Talk Kyogre, and Mewtwo.
2) Very Weak to Latios and especially 4 moves Latios.
3) Weak to other stalls since Ditto is useless during stall games.

Accepted by the council.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)