Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

So.. I wanted to build a team around gurdurr and Noivern due to how good Gurdurr scare out steels and weakens them. Standard Reuniclus as a set up sweeper.with about 1 boosts it beats most special attackers and may even win. Gurdurr also helps reuni get rid of steel types. Rotom is just to pick up momentum and is my scarfer. Kabutops is my spinner of choice and is conveniently a set up sweeper. Bronzong is to switch into strong special attacks and dragon, grass and ice type moves which it's teammates are weak to.

• i'd say reuniclus can run focus blast over shadow ball if you aren't scared of spiritomb and dislike dark types.
  • Kabutops can run Life Orb if you want more power
  • Noivern can run Trick over u-turn
Edit : decided to drop a second team

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Energy
- Agility

Sneasel @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- U-turn

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog

I wanted to build a team around one of my favorite drops to RU, Kingdra.. I decided to go with a fun set being agility focus energy. with scope lens and sniper with a focus energy up your attacks always get crits unless they have an ability to stop them, while it doubles the damage instead of boosting it by 1.5x. Swellow helps pick up momentum at some points and does lots of damage with it's guts boosted stabs. Togetic hazard removal of choice since I needed a fighthing resist. Registeel is my rocker that has great synergy with Togetic. I added a Reuniclus to provide as a late game sweeper due to it's great trick room capabilities. Sneasel is a pretty cool setup sweeper with a lot of potential due to the new rises. It's speed and stabs allows it to weaken or kill Kingdra's Checks.

OUTDATED

Last edited:

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So i decided to neglect my work this weekend despite exams being coming in about a week and this is what i have to show for it...

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 208 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

Dragon dance scrafty is a sweeper that only needs a little prior damage on a few mons and a turn or two in front of pretty much any passive mon and it can sweep. Leftovers plus shed skin allow it to set up in front of the vast majority of walls without fear, the exceptions being aromatisse, togetic and clear smog amoonguss. With this in mind, I paired it with mega steelix - a mon which can take on fairies with ease. This also provides me with a good flying resist for the noiverns, fletchinders and scarf braviarys which can take on a +1 scrafty. Scarf flygon provides a nice cleaner while also granting scrafty some nice free switches into walls such as mola, registeel, gastrodon, seismitoad and a few others with u-turn. I'm running fire punch for durant but superpower is also a good choice to revenge opposing scraftys if tisse is low or dead. Aromatisse forms a decent core with steelix, providing it with wish support while taking on fighting types and dragons that lix can't manage (dd kingdra, flygon, lo noivern). A mixed defence spread may be more appropriate here but i'm too lazy to make one. Sub cm delphox is one of my favourite mons to use and i've placed it here because of the way it pressures mons that scrafty doesn't like, such as fairies, mega steelix, clear smog amoonguss and fighting types. Finally, AV tangrowth is used as a glue mon. It was already great before the shift but it got much better with the introduction of kingdra and flygon - two mons it has a good matchup against.

Main threats to watch out for are hone claws durant: now that blade is gone, it no longer has to run crunch meaning it has a free slot for x-scissor so no mon is safe. I generally have to make sure not to give it free turns and pressure it offensively as much as i can.
Fletchinder as well. Only flying resist i have is steelix which can't hurt it unless i predict a roost and eq, so have to play carefully with that as well.
Houndoom is seemingly less popular with the new threats coming in that have a decent matchup against it but it's really powerful against my team. i have to keep flygon healthy and try to not provide it with free turns.

I've got a few alts in the top ten of the ladder right now, including a fresh one which i only used this team with, so it works decently as a ladder team. Enjoy :]

Last edited:
DARK SPAM W/ SNEASEL + SCRAFTY
/
or
Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash

Scrafty @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head / Iron Tail
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Roar / Ice Fang

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane / Dragon Pulse
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

TRICKING (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
Basically someone on IRC theorymonned CB Intimidate Scrafty being potentially good as a pivot and since it has Pangoro coverage i gave it a try. I obviously noticed it shared checks/counters with Sneasel so i just sticked them together and the fact that they both have Knock Off to quickly beat down switch ins and their access to powerful and diverse STAB moves made them work pretty much. Steelix is a pretty solid checks to random Physical attackers and the fact that it forces Cobalion to Close Combat also helps me lure it since Low Kick kills it at +1 100% of the time. Also a solid Stealth Rock setter. Togetic has nice synergy and provides hazards control and a Paralysis spreader which Scrafty really appreciates. Also takes on Noivern, Kingdra, Flygon, and most other Dragon types. In the last two slots two strong Special Attackers with similar checks in Noivern and Kingdra who can also clean later in the game. Specs Noivern is amazing since it has an amazing Draco Meteor and you just U-Turn out of anything that takes it B). Kingdra is broken and should be replaced by something like Jolteon or Houndoom when if it leaves the tier.

This is a team for a real man who doesn't need hazard control consisting 3 fast Taunt user, a spike stacker, a phazer and a T-Wave spammer for Specs Meloetta or SD Cobalion to clean up late game.

Chose Focus Blast>Shadow Ball on Meloetta to hit steels hard and Doublade is gone anyway. If you think three taunters are redundant one can use Sub Cobalion, EQ Glalie or Draco/Flamethrower Noivern. Rotom probably has the most unorthodox set in this team. I wanted it to last as long as possible while outspeed as much as possible so it could spread status throughout the game, ended up with a spread of max HP max speed.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Shard

Noivern @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Roost

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
- Leaf Storm

This is the best game i had on the ladder beacuse... you know... it is ladder, hard to get competent games. Choke Master Benz struck again but it should be a good example for you to how not to use the team :P (talking about turn 44)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Decided to toy around with double Fighting mons + Houndoom and ended up coming up with this:

Gallade @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

Houndoom (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Aromatisse (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Flygon (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Medicham (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Baton Pass

This is a team I built with the idea of having Scarf Medicham clean up late-game. To set this up, I decided to run Choice Band Gallade and mixed Houndoom to wear down and eliminate its checks and counters reliably. Band Gallade is a powerhouse capable of putting a dent in virtually anything in the tier. I chose Adamant since I not only have Speed control, but also just wanted Gallade to hit as hard as possible. Band Gallade has virtually everything covered with 3 moves, so I gave it Trick to have more utility vs. defensive teams. This can be especially helpful vs. Stall teams that like to switch around a lot as Gallade can punish this with great coverage. Close Combat and Knock Off are pretty self explanatory spam moves for a Choice mon. Zen Headbutt is solid secondary STAB and is needed to ensure the 2HKO on Aromatisse, something Psycho Cut can't do without some prior damage. Houndoom is designed to beat most Ghosts and Psychics in the tier between its 3 Dark STAB moves. Sucker Punch beats faster ones while Pursuit catches fleeing Ghosts and Psychics. Fire Blast is there to eliminate what it needs to (Tangrowth, Amoonguss, Registeel, etc.) and Crunch gives Houndoom a reliable Dark STAB when it doesn't need utility. Crunch is used over Dark Pulse so Houndoom can deal more damage to Reuniclus (will usually be at +1 by the time Houndoom comes in) and most Ghosts and Psychics in general due to the EV spread. Sucker Punch can also KO the likes of Flygon, Noivern, and Durant from around 50% due to the heavy Attack investment.

Uxie and Aromatisse provide the defensive backbone for this team. Between them, every Fighting-type in the tier is, at worst, checked. Uxie provides Rocks, momentum, and some much needed Speed control to allow Gallade to ravage the opposing team that much more effectively. Uxie also gives this team a rather reliable check to Cobalion, especially Sub variants, as Scarf Medicham is the only thing that can outspeed it. Aside from checking Cobalion, Uxie can also act as a one-time sponge to virtually any attack I don't have an immediate answer to. Aromatisse helps to keep Uxie (and the rest of the team) healthy via Wish and cleric support. Moonblast allows it to lay waste to Scrafty reliably. Both are EVed physically defensively due to the nature of the current meta, but Uxie can be EVed for SpDef if you want some more security against special attackers. Just note that Uxie loses to a lot of the common special attackers outside of Noivern due to its typing and / or inability to do much back to them. Flygon gives extra utility in the form of Defog. The team's offensive core hates hazards of all kinds and I have no Taunt user on this team to deter hazard stacking. Flygon not only gives me much needed hazard control, but it also is able to act as a lure for physical walls, aiding Medicham in finishing the game. Draco Meteor and Earth Power are obvious STAB options. Fire Blast covers Bronzong, a common response to Flygon in general, and Escavalier, which may try to sponge hits after seeing Earth Power. Scarf Medicham is really cool in the current meta. The Scarf set is about all that it's good for now with Gallade in the tier, but man is it good. Pure Power, strong STAB moves, and utility options all make Scarf Medicham what it is. While HJK is the main attraction for most people, that isn't why I chose Scarf Medicham. In fact, it was for Baton Pass. Sounds strange, right? Well, what do you get when you have a Baton Pass user that's notorious for wanting to spam HJK and a Pursuit trapper with heavy Attack investment waiting in the back? You guessed it, some dead Ghosts and Psychics too eager to tank those HJKs. Ideally, you'll want to switch in Medicham for a revenge kill or just some slower mon in general that it threatens out. From there, Baton Pass if the opponent has a Ghost or Psychic as that is the likely response. From there, switch to Houndoom and trap them with Pursuit (or KO them with Crunch / Sucker Punch) to clear the way later. Trick gives Scarf Medicham some added utility vs. defensive teams where it needs to switch between its STAB moves. Kind of like how Trick works on Band Gallade. Shed the choice item vs. defensive teams where your coverage is more useful than outright power with one move.

Other Options: Gallade can run Poison Jab if you have no need for Trick, but you're already 2HKOing Aromatisse with Zen Headbutt. Houndoom can run Dark Pulse over Crunch, but the EV investment gives Houndoom slightly higher Attack than Special Attack. That, and Reuniclus will usually be at +1 by the time Houndoom comes in. Uxie can run Yawn over Thunder Wave to force switches, but this is kind of lackluster without a setup sweeper and Spikes support to capitalize on this. Dazzling Gleam can let Uxie lure in Scrafty, but Aromatisse is here for that. Much like Gallade, Medicham can use Poison Jab over Trick to hit Fairies harder, but they should ideally be removed (or at least weakened) by the time Medicham wants to finish the game. As for other Pokemon options, Hitmonlee can be used over either Gallade or Medicham if you want the extra Speed in either position. Note that if it's used over Gallade, Hitmonlee can use Double Edge on the LO set since Flygon has hazard control covered. Sawk is also usable over Gallade if you want the utility of Sturdy and marginally higher Speed. Note that it struggles more with weakening / removing Fairies due to the lack of Zen Headbutt. And both options will put even more pressure on Houndoom to get rid of Ghosts and Psychics.

Threats: Noivern is one of the bigger ones. This can be managed decently though by keeping Stealth Rock up and forcing it out at least once. Once Noivern switches into Rocks the 2nd time, Houndoom can usually finish it with Sucker Punch. Like with many teams, Hone Claws Durant is one scary mon. Again, Houndoom can KO with Sucker Punch at around 50%, but offensive pressure is your better friend here. The only mon it can reliably set up on is Aromatisse. Uxie can U-turn out into Medicham and every other mon threatens serious, if not fatal, damage to Durant. Keep Scrafty at +1. At +1, Medicham still outspeeds it and Aromatisse can handle a +1 Poison Jab / Iron Head. At +2, it destroys the entire team as it then outspeeds Medicham and OHKOs Aromatisse. Again, offensive pressure is your friend, but be a bit more careful with using Knock Off and Zen Headbutt with Band Gallade if you see a Scrafty in Team Preview. Reuniclus is actually rather managable. As long as Houndoom and Gallade are kept alive, it will be limited to 1 kill at best. Cobalion can be beaten by Uxie rather reliably, or revenge killed by Medicham should Uxie be too low on HP to do the job. Just keep it from getting a Sub in this scenario and obviously be a bit more careful using Knock Off with Band Gallade. You don't need to help this thing, that's for sure.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Here are two teams I've been using pretty successfully lately, the first is an offensive team built around Noivern + Jolteon and the second is a semi-stall built around Reuniclus + entry hazards.

This team is really fun to use due to how fast it can make games go. Noivern + Jolteon are a really sick offensive duo that cover each other's check very nicely; however, I added a little something special in the core by giving Noivern Taunt to stallbreak more easily while preventing hazards from going up and giving Jolteon Wish so that it can keep Noivern and its other teammates healthy to check the offensive threats they need to. Tyrantrum provides a very solid Flying resist and helps revenge kill a plethora of annoying offensive threats such as opposing Noivern and the like. Seismitoad provides a great check to most physical attackers and can lure in Fairys and Grasses with Sludge Bomb, which is very much appreciated for the core. Exeggutor works well in tandem with Tyrantrum by breaking down Steel-types so that it can help facilitate a sweep for Tyrantrum, whereas Cobalion provides a useful Dragon resist and a second Pokemon that can break down defensive cores and keep hazards off the field.
Noivern @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Taunt

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt

This semi-stall covers a lot of the meta and has very few weaknesses in general, the only problems are Houndoom, Mega Glalie, and Camerupt, but they can be played around given the nature of the build. Anyway, Granbull + Audino covers a huge portion of the meta with Granbull countering Scrafty and most physical Dragons and Audino being able to pivot in and out of just about every special attacker. The nice part of the core is that Audino can run Encore instead of Heal Bell when paired with Granbull, which lets this team keep Reuniclus and other bulky boosters in check. Mega Steelix and Qwilfish give me a decent hazard stacking core, where Reuniclus can take advantage of the hazards + LO Focus Blast to wear down its checks very quickly. Rotom-C rounds out the team by giving me something that can make use of the hazards to clean late-game or revenge kill a weakened Nasty Plot Houndoom for instance. This team doesn't make the effort to cover everything, as it's more centered around strategy and the ability to play around certain threats to get around them.
Granbull @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Roar

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Roar

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Taunt

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Encore

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)