Programming Safari Friend Remover for X/Y

Hi! First of all, sorry if this is not the correct forum or I'm doing something wrong. As you have probably noticed, I'm new to Smogon! ;)

A couple of weeks ago my friend list became completely full. Since I didn't want to lose any Friend Safari Pokémon, I wrote a Java application which would tell me the maximum number of friends (and their names, of course) whom I could remove without losing any Pokémon. It's basically the same you could do with a pen and paper but this way you get the guarantee that it works. :) Oh, and you can mark a friend as "unremovable" in case you don't want to remove him/her from your friend list.

The problem is that right now, it's only a text-based application and it's only suitable for those who can use an IDE and know Java. I can write a GUI for it but I'm not an expert, so this would take me a few days and these days I'm extra busy!

So I'd like to get some feedback - would you like to use this application? Would this be useful for you? Please notice that the main drawback is that the first time that you used this, you would have to write down all your friends and choose their Safari Pokémon, which could probably take quite a bit of time. Since there are so many people here who trade and/or battle a lot, I wonder whether someone around here would be interested!

Cheers. :)

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Neat idea! Sounds like a fun exercise in set logic. As such, I'd recommend C# / .NET for gui stuff cause Java's swing library is a little clumsy. Any way you could upload the source or an executable for this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)