SM PU S/M PU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I play a lot of lower tiers because I find it easier to build teams and win there due to the overall low power levels and complexity, this particular team I "built" around Regice and Silvally-Dragon because they are my favorite in PU and dragon is my favorite type

Electivire (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch

Electivire is a fast pokemon that can hit hard with good coverage and can set up using power up punch

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Night Shade
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Dusknoir is a pokemon that can take hits and cripple using will-o-wisp and night shade with pain split as its recovery

Trevenant (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Trevenant is a more gimmicky set with harvest sitrus berry that can recover hp with horn leech and also protect so it can regain its berry

Eelektross (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Eelektross is a mixed set that can recover hp and hit hard with good coverage

Regice @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

Regice is a gimmick that can use rock polish to abuse the low speed of PU and fightinium z to blast away anything that can take boltbeam well

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Silvally is my defogger that can cripple with thunder wave and parting shot and hits hard with draco meteor

This team is mostly gimmicky built around pokemon I like but I've used it with very good success (around 70% win rate) but I would like to know your opinions about this team

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello Gibson66 and welcome to Smogon,

Interesting team you have got here. Not to sound incredibly mean, this team is very flawed in every way I can see. I see you are just using Pokemon you enjoy to use, which is completely fine and is one of the best ways to enjoy this game, however the way you decided to use some of these Pokemon are very subpar. The sets seem to have been chosen at random for the most part. It appears you tried to think of type synergy but it misses the mark by quite a ways as neither Dusknoir or Trevenant check Gurdurr which is a Fighting-type you should always prepare for as checks to Primeape do not always Gurdurr. I would highly suggest looking at the Smogon Competitive Pokedex which will help you a ton in the future I will link that, here. I feel the only thing that can really be done here is just try to support your Regice as well as possible so when looking through this team that's what I was really focusing on and I feel I can get the team to a reasonable level of playability, there is no real way of making this team extreamly solid without changing it to the point of being an entirely different team, unfortunately.

Pokemon Changes:

:Electivire: ---> :oricorio-pom-pom:
:sm/oricorio-pom-pom:
Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Oricorio-Pom-Pom is a Pokemon that helps Regice in a few ways. Firstly with taunt it helps in beating Pokemon like Type : Null and Audino which can give it problems. Taunt also just helps with your stall match ups in general as otherwise it would be almost impossible for this team to break stall teams. It helps with Choice Scarf Primeape and the rare Choice Scarf Scyther who both outpace Regice when it gets to +2 speed. It is also a very solid Gurdurr and Hitmonchan hard check which is very beneficial to Regice for obvious reason.

:dusknoir: ---> :Gurdurr:
:sm/gurdurr:
Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Gurdurr serves you as a Normal-type check here as Dusknoir does a very poor job in checking Normal-types as most of our Normal-types has ways of hitting it hard rather it be Scrappy in Stoutlands and Kangaskhans case or just via coverage like Zangoose. You really are relying on Gurdurr to check a lot here so you really are going to want and play it wisely as it is easy to overwhelm on a team like this, but having a Normal-type, Rock-types, and Hail check in one Pokemon really helps the team.

:trevenant: ---> :Torterra:
:sm/torterra:
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock

Trevenat doesn't add any support you need, especially when you consider you did not add Stealth Rock into your team. Stealth Rock is a move pretty much every team should utilize as racking up chip damage on your opponents switch outs and breaking Focus Sashes is very valuable and in the vast majority of teams is worth finding a slot for. Torterra helps you check a lot of things as well such as Eelektross, which Regice really appreciates.

Set Changes:

:eelektross:
:sm/eelektross:
Eelektross (M) @ Leftovers ---> Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature

- Thunderbolt ---> Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch ---> Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Eelektross does Assult Vest way better then Electivire and is honestly the best choice of bulky pivot here as it helps get Regice in on Grass-types as well as Dragon-types. Lanturn could also do this but Eelektross is still the best choice as it's coverage is really good for pseudo-wallbreaking as it still hits common cores for super effective damage. Drain Punch is ok for stuff like Alolan Sandslash but you really want to hit Ferroseed with Flamethrower. Modest is preferred as having a neutral nature is pretty much always worse then dropping another stat. a quiet nature could be used but it isn't really relevant to increase the power of Knock Off.

:regice:
:sm/regice:
Regice @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

Putting the last 4 EVs in HP gives Regice an even amout of HP. You really want an odd amount of HP, because the way the damage caculates an odd number will give it an extra switch into Stealth Rock.

:silvally:(Dragon)
:sm/silvally-dragon:
Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Thunder Wave ---> Flamethrower

A timid nature puts you in a better speed tier which is really nice here as your team really lacks a good form of speed control so being able to outpace as much as possible is really important. Thunder Wave, while it does help with speed control a tad, doesn't really let Silvally-Dragon Defog easily on Ferroseed or Alolan Sandslash which is something Regice really needs it to do.

Team Changes <--- Click for importable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)