Tournament RUPL V Format Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The most obvious format choice is going with 4 USM / 2 ORAS / 2 BW again.

Other options include 3 USM 2 ORAS 2 BW 1 manager.

Should managers have the option to buy themselves for 10k, be a dedicated slot, or do weighted pricing like last year?

Also because it was mentioned in last thread, RU Doubles yn?

-

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager slot and 1 more USM slot are literally the same, the only difference is being able to interchange the positions. I'm supporting 4 USM, with managers having the choice to buy themselves for 10k. Weighted pricing was a bad decision because it is a subjective procedure and puts strain on the teams that suffer from it.

The most obvious format choice is going with 4 USM / 2 ORAS / 2 BW again.

Other options include 3 USM 2 ORAS 2 BW 1 manager.

Should managers have the option to buy themselves for 10k, be a dedicated slot, or do weighted pricing like last year?

Also because it was mentioned in last thread, RU Doubles yn?

-
PLEASE FREE RU DOUBLES IT WOULD B SO FUN AND INNOVATIVE AND PEOPLE (LIKE ME) WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IT.
I think it would be an interesting twist to this tournament that would perhaps draw more users as well. I mean...we had DPP RU for two years, so why not.
Also, for those who are unclear, RU Doubles would simply be using the usage stats of Doubles UU...not RU Pokemon in Doubles (for obvious reasons).
#RUDOUBLESHYPE

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Agree with the developing consensus, having a manager slot doesn't seem of particular interest, the way it was last year was perfectly fine.

Also I would have zero issue with RU Doubles provided that we actually developed a meta for it in some ways, be it even as a forum project. Otherwise just picking based on an usage list without having any idea of the meta for players and managers just feels slightly gimmicky.

hey wow a forum for me to voice my CRITICAL opinions

oppose manager slot

DPP RU > RUbers > Doubles RU
anything that has "DPP" and "RU" in the name has to be good, and Doubles is going to be too far off and without a semblance of a meta.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
RU hackmons

id go with 4 USM / 2 ORAS / 2 BW again, wouldnt be dissatisfied with a manager or bo3 slot either. the other options are wax.

Reactions: Nat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)