Running Shoddy Battle on a remote server

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have read the tutorials on how to install and run a custom Shoddy Battle server, and the results have turned out great! However, my only computer is a lap top that I carry everywhere and the various locations where I do have an internet connection are not fast enough to support an ongoing server, and are shared with family or friends. I have no problem in paying for web hosting somewhere, and if I do so, is it possible to run a Shoddy Battle server from such an address remotely? Any help, whether there is already a tutorial or if someone can point me in the right direction, would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

You can run this off a Virtual Private server (Http://www.hostgator.com Or http://www.zipservers.com), Or a dedicated server (For shoddy, VPS is better).

I recommend using hostgator, as you may have to pay for managed support on Zipservers.
If you want help setting it up, I do specialize in Linux Administration, and you may PM me if you want it setup.

Good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)