Project RU Teambuilding Factory V3 (Read the OP and all that jazz)

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball
- Surf

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

This is a wallbreaking core that, when paired together, can tear apart a significant portion of the tier. Exploud destroys the Ghost and Fairy types that threaten Medicham, including Mega Banette, Cofagrigus, Aromatisse, Togetic, and Hoopa (using Shadow Ball). Medicham can rip apart Fighting types like Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Emboar, and Virizion, as well as Pokemon like Diancie that Exploud can't do too much to. I'm looking for an Offense team that patches up this core's low Speed stats and also covers threats like Braviary and Tyrantrum.

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off / Substitute

I haven't really seen that many Hoopa teams lately, which is sort of sad given the great wallbreaking potential this little dude has. So I've been trying to make a Hoopa team lately, and it's sorta hard to do so, because he adds basically no defensive utility to a team bar spinblocking, but Hoopa is still really cool for breaking bulkier builds since there isn't really a concrete answer to him on those teams bar Spiritomb maybe. So, my request is a Hoopa team (any playstyle, even Hoopa stall if you're that weird) so I can see how to build with it and unlock it's true potential.

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Toxic

This team is based on weaken Virizion check with the use of Toxic Spikes and with Hoopa wallbreaking which also works as a spinblocker, and it puts some good pressure on defoggers like Golbat / Flygon / Togetic. Steelix and Weezing help the team checking some random threats like Grass-types / Fletchinder / Tyrantrum, and they set up hazards. Slowking checks Psychic-types that are pretty threatening to the core if they carry a coverage move or just they are Medicham; 56 EVs in SpDef allow Slowking to have a better chance to beat special Flygon if switching on an Earth Power. Emboar is the last pick because I needed something that could revenge kill Virizion and Scrafty, both threatening mons to the team, and it also checks Sneasel which is kinda problematic; Toxic cripples bulky water and defensive Flygon for the rest of the match.

I hope this team works well for you, good luck :toast:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Senpai D.M (using this new format s/o Pearl)

Core:

p.s listen to this

ANGEL OF DEATH (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

POSTMORTEM (Dugtrio) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

NECROPHOBIC (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm

RAINING BLOOD (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin

REBORN (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

CRIMINALLY INSANE (Medicham) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

neat lil balance around your request. my initial reaction seeing the core was a water resist. i decided knock venu would be a neat addition since it knocked registeel / zong, making the former more easily trapped by dugtrio and the latter can be weakened for a later fletch sweep. blastoise is the mandatory hazard removal and it a suitable fire resist / eq / lix check. diancie comes in as our rocker since fletch / cm fox were issues and it can heal bell, allowing blastoise to run foresight so it can spin much more efficiently. medicham is a great addition here for several reasons, it gives us a great cleaner / way to lure slowking / can cripple walls with trick. special shoutouts to dtc n gorex for helping with the build. as the end of the build approached, i found aerial ace on dugtrio useless, and wanted to trap hoopa as it was quite the nuisance for the team, so i made duggy suit to kinda alleviate this. enjoy.
possible changes:​
  • aerial ace > pursuit on dugtrio if u are struggling vs virizion and don't find hoopa a threat
  • knock / sleep / leaf storm / hidden power fire tangrowth > venusaur if you want a more solid water check / better pivot however this makes you weaker to fighters and a bit weaker to fairies
  • baton pass > trick on medicham if you seek momentum versus offense instead of crippling walls on defensive teams

Senpai D.M (using this new format s/o Pearl)

Core:

p.s listen to this

ANGEL OF DEATH (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

POSTMORTEM (Dugtrio) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

NECROPHOBIC (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm

RAINING BLOOD (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin

REBORN (Diancie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

CRIMINALLY INSANE (Medicham) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

neat lil balance around your request. my initial reaction seeing the core was a water resist. i decided knock venu would be a neat addition since it knocked registeel / zong, making the former more easily trapped by dugtrio and the latter can be weakened for a later fletch sweep. blastoise is the mandatory hazard removal and it a suitable fire resist / eq / lix check. diancie comes in as our rocker since fletch / cm fox were issues and it can heal bell, allowing blastoise to run foresight so it can spin much more efficiently. medicham is a great addition here for several reasons, it gives us a great cleaner / way to lure slowking / can cripple walls with trick. special shoutouts to dtc n gorex for helping with the build. as the end of the build approached, i found aerial ace on dugtrio useless, and wanted to trap hoopa as it was quite the nuisance for the team, so i made duggy suit to kinda alleviate this. enjoy.
possible changes:​
  • aerial ace > pursuit on dugtrio if u are struggling vs virizion and don't find hoopa a threat
  • knock / sleep / leaf storm / hidden power fire tangrowth > venusaur if you want a more solid water check / better pivot however this makes you weaker to fighters and a bit weaker to fairies
  • baton pass > trick on medicham if you seek momentum versus offense instead of crippling walls on defensive teams
I love the Slayer based team lol.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Exploud is a prolific wallbreaker that smacks its dong across basically any defensive team in the tier, which is really nice. The problem is that Exploud really struggles vs offense and doesn't have the greatest bulk in the world, so it needs a way to get in safely and do damage effectively without dying. A team around this monster would really be nice since i wanna just mindlessly click boomburst to finish reqs lol. I usually like making my own teams and almost never use other people's teams, except on like my first day or two of playing a tier, but I have had a lot of trouble building around exploud, so some help would be nice. Some potential ideas could be volturn to get exploud in safely and trick room to patch up its middling speed. If you're running trick room or something, feel free to change the ev spread or the set altogether. I really don't care how the exploud as long as you give me a viable exploud team lol.

Last edited:
Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic
+
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is a typical bulky core that makes up 2/3 rd's of the classic FGW. It is extremely bulky and tends to help a team last till late game. Alomo passes wishes for your typical bulky team, while tang is a catch all for a large number of relevant threats like Virizion and can even be tailored to catch things like Fletchinder off guard if need be. These two dislike status so a beller, is needed as well as a spinner/defogger. Toxic Spikes or Spikes of our own are also really helpful as are ways to lure Flygon with status like Toxic. I'd really like if this could be worked into some sort of balance with hazard removal+ some sort of offense tyvm!

Looking forward to seeing thia

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Master Sunny-EX

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Knock Off

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

so of course, started with the alomomola + tangrowth core that was requested, really solid core that functions at the base of a stall team. something really glaring was the fighting weakness, so went with togetic as the hazards removal that could also help cover the requirement of a consistent malamar counter and task the cleric role upon itself in order to role compress, which is quite vital to stall. was trying blastoise with signal beam for a while, but even though it has the pro of being able to keep hazards on the opposing side of the field in conjunction with tspikes + rocks introduced later on the team, forced me to run diancie as a rocker + cleric as role compression, which obviously did not suit the team as well as togetic would then. went with weezing next to achieve the caliber of consistency in checking sd virizion which is a really huge threat and by merit should be running stone edge > zen headbutt, which insures weezing as a solid check up against it. also provides the useful option of tspikes which i decided to run over pain split as i never found it to achieve much because i play more aggressively being a more offensive player in general, and i dont like to pain split which can easily be neutered if your opponent catches up to your routine of play (e.g. being safe by pain splitting on venusaurs and such). decided to toss malamar in as somewhat of a psychic check along with mlix, the next member, as it also fulfills the role of being able to function as a stallbreaker in its own merit and can help turn the tide in your favour as the playstyle is more passive as a whole, and can really bring offensive momentum when opponents cannot ohko malamar after superpower boosts. found it to be really useful when i cleaned with it late game once as it can also handle the role of a status absorber to then set-up as such to clean. mlix is added as the last member for rocks, which was never explored before this last slot, and allows a primary psychic beater that is overall really solid, and as mentioned per suspect posts thus far, is really overcentralizing as a defensive threat that can fit different moves as the filler option and it can handle most of the commonplace offensive threats in the tier. stone edge > toxic on standard moveset to function as a fletch counter and max spdef to function as a switchin to specs boomburst and 16 speed to achieve minimalistic speed creep that might serve to work out in certain situations. gl with the team!​

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Seebuh

/

Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpD / 236 Spe
Calm Nature
- Yawn / Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Virizion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 SpA
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

OR

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 220 Atk / 152 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat

First I would like to apologize for taking so so long but trust me, trying to make an effective mega banette team can be extremely difficult to this day and age. In fact, so difficult this is a collab project! Shoutouts to lighthouses and the PS RU Room, swell people. Anyways, we start with mega banette with a pretty standard set, knock off over shadow claw since knock off hits most of its intended for basically the same damage and the utility of removing items is really appreciated. Speed is for modest exploud and you can get rid of its specs before it kills you. Destiny bond since it is an emergency button against many faster mons and set up sweepers. Sucker punch for strong priority.

Next, to justify banette presence at its fullest, hazard stacking is the way to go here. Accelgor is a fantastic spiker virtue of its incredible speed and respetable, hidden power ice to pressure flygon, bug buzz + focus blast is efficient neutral coverage. Spdef uxie is a really nice pivot to go against opposing psychics and mons like Venusaur. Knock off would be the primary choice to help mitigate issues against psychics but yawn + u-turn is a really cool momentum generator combo that can work for you. Rest of the moveset is pretty standard. Kabutops is an interesting choice here, provides a solid fletchinder check which otherwise would slice through the team and hazard removal so accelgor isnt so pressured by stealth rock and hazards.

Virizion is the set up sweeper of choice, calm mind virizion is a much more immediate threat with life orb boosted giga drains and calm mind invalidates many checks to its physical variant, plus appreciate uxie weakening opposing psychic types. Last, needed a way to handle mega glalie since the ice resist is kabutops and that doesnt go to well when you add mega glalie to the equation. Decided to add sneasel cause it can beat mega glalie, makes using calm mind virizion so much better by getting rid of meloetta and other psychic types and means spdef uxie is not my only mean to handle psychic types, that only gets you so far in my experience. Other option would be hariyama, which is a way more reliable mega glalie check but at the risk of having spdef uxie as your only psychic resist, may not be too bad but it sounds troublesome.

Hope you enjoy!

Edit: Tagging slurmz cause he helped as well, forgot to do so lol.

Last edited:

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Official Builder now :)

littlelucario

I actually planned to post this team on sample teams thread sometime, but since I need to post something for my tryout to join the teambuilders of this thread, you get an early release.

This team is one of my recent favorites, due to the combination of strong offensive presence and a very solid defensive backbone that gives me a lot of freedom and momentum as well. I wanted to build around the core of exploud + a pivot, and while I had previously tried fletchinder, the need for hazard control was bringing me down and I also noticed the immense defensive utility of golbat, so I decided to try that instead. Lix is a perfect defensive member alongisde bat type-wise, and colbur slowking rounds off the core pretty nicely, covering most missing links. Virizion is really great because of its natural special defense and speed, and can really pack a punch offensively with the LO CM set. Band Sneasel rounds off the team with some speed, pursuit trapping, and general revenge killing / breaking. If you are worried about the matchup vs semistall, feel free to run toxic on golbat, but it isn't necessary and u-turn is definitely useful in other matchups.
Face to face (Exploud) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overheat
- Surf
- Focus Blast

suddenly we r lost (Golbat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

evry road we cross (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

memories tht we built (Slowking) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Side by Side (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Freeze Time (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Last edited:
Seebuh

/

Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpD / 236 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off / Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psyshock

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Virizion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 SpA
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

OR

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 220 Atk / 152 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat

First I would like to apologize for taking so so long but trust me, trying to make an effective mega banette team can be extremely difficult to this day and age. In fact, so difficult this is a collab project! Shoutouts to lighthouses and the PS RU Room, swell people. Anyways, we start with mega banette with a pretty standard set, knock off over shadow claw since knock off hits most of its intended for basically the same damage and the utility of removing items is really appreciated. Speed is for modest exploud and you can get rid of its specs before it kills you. Destiny bond since it is an emergency button against many faster mons and set up sweepers. Sucker punch for strong priority.

Next, to justify banette presence at its fullest, hazard stacking is the way to go here. Accelgor is a fantastic spiker virtue of its incredible speed and respetable, hidden power ice to pressure flygon, bug buzz + focus blast is efficient neutral coverage. Spdef uxie is a really nice pivot to go against opposing psychics and mons like Venusaur. Knock off would be the primary choice to help mitigate issues against psychics but yawn + u-turn is a really cool momentum generator combo that can work for you. Rest of the moveset is pretty standard. Kabutops is an interesting choice here, provides a solid fletchinder check which otherwise would slice through the team and hazard removal so accelgor isnt so pressured by stealth rock and hazards.

Virizion is the set up sweeper of choice, calm mind virizion is a much more immediate threat with life orb boosted giga drains and calm mind invalidates many checks to its physical variant, plus appreciate uxie weakening opposing psychic types. Last, needed a way to handle mega glalie since the ice resist is kabutops and that doesnt go to well when you add mega glalie to the equation. Decided to add sneasel cause it can beat mega glalie, makes using calm mind virizion so much better by getting rid of meloetta and other psychic types and means spdef uxie is not my only mean to handle psychic types, that only gets you so far in my experience. Other option would be hariyama, which is a way more reliable mega glalie check but at the risk of having spdef uxie as your only psychic resist, may not be too bad but it sounds troublesome.

Hope you enjoy!

Edit: Tagging slurmz cause he helped as well, forgot to do so lol.
Thanks alot man, been checking everyday to see if the team was done. Going to start using it immediatly, it looks great hope it's also great in practice!

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit/Roost

I actually haven't seen a whole lot of Aero, and while I couldn't get reqs on the first ladder cuz of exams, I'd like to at least get reqs on this ladder, and an aero team just seems a lot more potent in a meta without lix or scarftrum. Enjoy!

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
boxofkangaroos

Core:

p.s. listen to this
crypts of eternity (Exploud) (M) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

praise of death (Medicham) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Thunder Punch

necrophilliac (Glalie-Mega) (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard
- Spikes
- Freeze-Dry

hardened arteries (Kabutops) (M) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

at dawn they sleep (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

kill again (Spiritomb) (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp

heyo, when i first got your core, i immediately thought of spike stack. my first attempt was with sticky web however, that didn't work out too well because sticky web sucks in the current meta. so glalie was added to be the main component of the spike stacking and helps weaken teams to sweep with th later changed scarf cham. kabu was then added to be a fletch check and spins. mesprit is fighting check and rocks (healing wish is neat too). tomb is another fighting check and pursuit ^.^​

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
boxofkangaroos

Core:

p.s. listen to this
crypts of eternity (Exploud) (M) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

praise of death (Medicham) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Thunder Punch

necrophilliac (Glalie-Mega) (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard
- Spikes
- Freeze-Dry

hardened arteries (Kabutops) (M) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

at dawn they sleep (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

kill again (Spiritomb) (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp

heyo, when i first got your core, i immediately thought of spike stack. my first attempt was with sticky web however, that didn't work out too well because sticky web sucks in the current meta. so glalie was added to be the main component of the spike stacking and helps weaken teams to sweep with th later changed scarf cham. kabu was then added to be a fletch check and spins. mesprit is fighting check and rocks (healing wish is neat too). tomb is another psychic check and pursuit ^.^
Thanks, this is awesome :]

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Drangonn.

Core:

P.s. listen to this

skyward screams (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

stain of mind (Garbodor) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 240 HP / 220 Def / 48 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Gunk Shot

scrum (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave

overt enemy (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Refresh
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

pervesion of pain (Spiritomb) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 232 HP / 220 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp

unguarded instinct (Emboar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Wild Charge

ok, this team is built around a neat lil' aero set i wanted to try in taunt roost aerodactyl (fun fact: taunt roost aero actually beats seis / dual status / rocks registeel 1v1) as it was the standard lo attacking aero during the dpp meta and wanted to see how it would translate to the current oras meta. after some calcs, i realized adamant would be preferred to stall break much more effectively and began to base my team off that. i added spike stacking core in zong garb toise to help keep hazards on and off my side of the build. tomb is the psychic check and boar is speed control. enjoy

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Seebuh

Forgot to tell you this but some changes has been made on the import of that mega banette team, first and most importantly added stone edge on kabutops (LOL) and made uxie psychic cause gurdurr was much more problematic than the other fighting types.

Have fun, and sorry for the mistakes :) In the meantime, I will be updating the thread.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Cinccino @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

While this may be on the edge of being a usable Pokemon, I do think that Cinccino can be used to decent effect now that Mega Steelix, it's greatest counter, and Tyrantrum, a good check to it, are now gone so it has less answers to it. Cinccino's good 115 Speed can make it annoying to face for slower teams, especially since it's Normal, Grass, and Dark coverage make it suprisingly hard to wall without taking a lot of damage or getting crippled (Bullet Seed helps with Mola, Rhyperior, and Diancie, while Knock Off hits Bronzong and takes Leftovers off of Registeel or takes Escavalier's item off). It also works really nicely with Spikes support to weaken down it's checks or leave some mons in kill range (Like Venusaur after one layer of Spikes or Stealth Rock). While it's frailty makes it hard to use correctly, I do think Cinccino now has a small niche as a fast late-game cleaner or a sort of wallbreaker with it's coverage, and I want to see your take on building around this Pokemon now that it is somewhat usable in the meta.

Hello you beautiful RU people,

I have taken a step back from learning RU when the suspect started, and now that it is done, I want to get back into this tier.

I think Voltturn should be much better without Steelix running rampant. So I want a Voltturn team built around specs Magneton.

Home now so I can clean this up.

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Water

I am not set on the Hidden Power, I would assume Ice is best since it hits Flygon very hard, but I could also see Water working very well, putting dents into the likes of Megacamel and Rhyperior, two pokemon which I assume will see more usage than they used to.

Last edited:
I'm requesting a team that revolves around Relic Song Meloetta. I find it a very interesting and potentially very entertaining idea. But since I don't have a clue about the tier, I think it'd be much better if someone else helped me execute it. Meloetta should be the star of the team, being supported by the rest of it so it can shine as bright as possible.

Obviously, we need a mixed Meloetta set. I'm assuming max Speed with Hasty Nature and either max Sp.Atk or Attack (I think Attack is a better idea). Life Orb seems like the proper item. Relic Song and Close Combat seem like the mandatory moves, the other two can be worked around.

As for team partners, since the team will revolve around Meloetta, we need ways to support it. I like the idea of a Healing Wish user and a Pursuit trapper. Other than that, I can't tell.

Alright, let's see what you guys can do with this :)

Sneasel @ Life Orb, maybe eviolite but idt so
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick / Ice Shard

So I was looking for something innovative and I remembered that Sneasel used to have a Swords Dance set! Of course it was terrible back then so it was taken down, but in the current meta I feel like this set can work. One thing I like about the set is it still retains much of Sneasel's original utility (besides Pursuit rip in pieces) but now it has the possibility of boosting up and sweeping through defensive walls! I guess instead of sweeping it could also wallbreak for a teammate.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 320-376 (93.2 - 109.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 372-438 (99.4 - 117.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (doesn't even need Life Orb!)
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Camerupt: 290-343 (84.5 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Aromatisse: 259-305 (63.7 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 120 HP / 136+ Def Alomomola: 309-367 (61.6 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Emboar: 322-380 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, or +2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Emboar: 234-277 (64.8 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Granbull: 277-328 (74 - 87.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (this is Offensive Granbull, Sneasel only does 49-57.7% to the Defensive variant so it would be good to scout earlier in the match)
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blastoise: 239-282 (66 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Diancie: 204-242 (67.1 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 382-452 (104.9 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO, or +2 252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 231-274 (63.4 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

So yeah, with Life Orb and after Swords Dance Sneasel can OHKO or come close to OHKOing a lot of walls. Unfortunately this set will need a lot of support. Looking at Sneasel's bulk, Memento support is almost a given, although I'll let you guys figure that out. I feel like you might have to stick Memento on an unorthodox mon that wouldn't usually run it or something like that. Stealth Rock support is useful, and mons that can weaken Mola are definitely a must. Mola is tricky to wear down because of Regenerator, so maybe a Pokemon can lure it with Toxic? or just run a Grass or Electric type, idk.

Yeah, so I'm really excited to see what you guys turn out with! I hope the end team isn't too gimmicky and will actually hold its own vs. really good teams! Although how well the team does will mostly depend on me hehe. The wall of calcs might help you out by deciding what Pokemon you need Sneasel's teammates to check.

Peace!!

Hello you beautiful RU people,

I have taken a step back from learning RU when the suspect started, and now that it is done, I want to get back into this tier.

I think Voltturn should be much better without Steelix running rampant. So I want a Voltturn team built around specs Magneton.
Bit late, but got a nice volturn team for you.
Flygoon (Flygon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 108 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Diancie @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace

This might help as a tutorial
check 27:50 to see this team in action

Flygoon (Flygon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 108 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Diancie @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm

Slowking @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace

This might help as a tutorial
check 27:50 to see this team in action
Hey man, thanks for the team,

I have built my own team a while after the request, and Littlelucario was kind enough to pass me a team of his, too. It is always nice to have more options and see how different variants of the Magneton/Flygon core (I will officially be calling this GonTon, btw) pan out. I have also watched this video, and it was a greatly helpful to see how Voltturn should be played in RU.

For anyone interested, here is my own, a bite more offensive take on it.
Magneton is pretty standard, you can run HP Grass or Water to deal with Seismitoad or Mega Camel respectively, but the Camel takes a ton from Flash Cannon on the switch in, especially pre Mega, and Flygon generally takes care of that very well anyways. Seismitoad is usually set up bait for Virizion, so I am not particularly worried about that, either. Flygon on the other hand is running rampant right now, and often the only ground type on a team. When people see Sneasel on a team, they usually do not expect HP Ice, and I often grab sneaky KOs on Flygon from this.
Earth Power Flygon is cute because you can fake the Band and still get Defog. Uxie is probably the best rock setter in these types of teams because both Yawn and U-Turn make it a huge momentum grabber.
Sneasel is super fast, pursuit traps annoying Psychics for Virizion, and spams knock off. It is also a second way to deal with Flygon.
Virizion is pretty standard, not much to say.
Slowking was needed because fire types tear through my team, it can usually T Wave opposing Sneasel so my team can deal with them, and its just an amazing pivot.

Uh so yeah thats about it, not an amazing team by any means with obvious flaws (Dark Types hurt a lot, Fire types are still an issue, especially Houndoom, Fighting pokemon can overload my checks too, Sneasel is a huge threat, the list goes on...), but its fun to play and I was pretty sucessful with it.

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Flygon @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Defog

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Excuse me but, what is this? I didnt allowed it and you basically took a team from an RU live that most likely belongs to EonX so isnt even your team (unless it actually is your team, but I doubt it)... I apologize for taking so long but I dont allow everyone to post their teams here cause it would be a mess otherwise and kills the purpose of the thread. Threads like the RU bazaar and sample teams exist. Makes my life easier. Invitationals contributions has been a thing (see lord death man Munchlax team in the archive) but only with my approval -_- this isnt

Deeerpz

Sorry for taking so long, I will make sure to attend your request when I return home since the guy that had to do it went inactive once more -__-

Okay, this is the third time in recent weeks that somebody posted a team without getting approval. The thread owners have the policy of teams either needing to be approved or coming from one of the approved builders because they wanted to ensure the teams posted are of highest quality possible. I appreciate that there are people outside of the approved builders that want to contribute, and I understand there was good intentions from the users who submitted teams that were not approved builders, but please make sure you ask for permission first because it's the standard procedure for this thread and it prevents anyone from stepping on other people's toes.

Aside: MrAldo that is actually his team.

Also it shouldn't take 16 days for an official builder to give a guy a Specs Magneton team...everybody and their mother is using that these days. I expect much faster responses when it's somebody asking for a team built around a bog standard Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)