Project RU Teambuilding Competition『Cycle 7: Rock-types! - Voting』

this isnt dead i promise:blobpensive:
congrats to Rey Joya for winning cycle 7!!

Cycle 8: Unranked threats

as ru continued to adapt to the sudden loss of important ru staples in gligar and doublade, the meta has slowly become more and more favourable to bulky offensive teams - so much that you can barely play ru without seeing common metagross / golisopod / donphan cores on every team. thus, building has often become a slightly more one dimensional and repetitive exercise, leaving out fun and creative but more niche pokemon in favour of tried and true cores and teams. lets bring out the more unconventional and unprepared-for threats in this cycle!

rules:
  • your team must have at least one pokemon not included in the ru viability rankings
  • the deadline is whenever we feel like it :blobwizard:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Dodrio Epicness

I did Dodrio cause its speed and attack stats make up for a fun little sweeper or midgame breaker, the combination of Brave Bird, Return and Jump Kick is really nice in a meta with all these steel types. I have Flynium Z in the paste cause it helps hit most of the fat mons that dont resist it rlly hard but changing to Fightnium Z is perfectly fine to get past Regi, Zong and Gross if they are weakened. Up next it's Diancie and Mandi as a hazard setter and removal combo. Milotic then to complete the defensive backbone. Band Gross is used to hit the meta hard and weaken everything for Dodrio. And finally Mega Scep added to help with the speed control and cause epic mascot.​

Mavis

Banned deucer.
My favorite balance team, straight from the ladder into the hands of a capable player to wield it- Hoopa balanced offense.

An awesome team I've had the luxury of doing well with for a while, and started from the want to develop a team around Nasty Plot Hoopa. The team's ability to surgically remove many things that threaten a Hoopa sweep, like Dark types and specially bulky Pokemon, are paramount to it's success. Sceptile is used for it's great speed control and I chose gutschamp because of how well it excels at breaking down specially defensive mons for Hoopa with facade and close combat, notably stuff that directly threatens hoopa like florges and golisopod. Milo and Regi serve as a nice, solid defensive backbone, able to work in tandem to shut down a lot of things. Hoopa set is tailored to beating stuff the team can struggle with wearing down, most notably Taunt Mandibuzz, hence why Thunderbolt was chosen as the coverage option. Overall, the team works great together, and the x-factor that is Hoopa is often a Pokemon teams don't prepare to face, and I hope people give it a shot.

PASTE: https://pokepast.es/c120dd335a5597b8

Katy

Banned deucer.
Stay Toxic with Weezing

250px-110Weezing.png250px-Sugimori_376.pngBlas_grande.png250px-Sugimori_243.png5a7e4618d35b8c847f759ac6e84bc286.png250px-630Mandibuzz.png

Importable:

Weezing @ Icium Z
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Metagross @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

Explanation:
Hey all here is a team around Weezing which is unranked on the RU viability ranking.
Foremost Weezing is a nice check to Virizion and it also can check one of the biggest RU threats right now too, which is Golisopod. Weezing also fullfills the role as a Hazer, in case Salazzle or other threats trying to set-up infront of it.
Weezing has Icium Z to give ti some kind of longevity as Z-Haze is able to recovers the HP to full, Toxic Spikes is a given on this team as Weezing can set these up on a lot of pokémon in the RU-Tier and wearing a team down due to status is always a nice option.
The other two moves are its STAB Sludge Bomb and the coverage option in Fire Blast, so it doesn't get walled by Registeel.
Metagross is the Stealth Rocker on this team and has Colbur Berry to withstand at least 1 Dark move to have the chance to Attack or to set-up Rocks, its other moves are Meteor Mash, Erathquake and Ice Punch.
The hazard control is Mega-Blastoise with Rapid Spin and is a fire resist, it pressures teams decently well with its well rounded coverage options, which are mega Launcher boosted so hard hits are guaranteed.
Raikou likes when the opposing team is whittled down due to Rocks and T-Spikes and the hard hitting potential from its other members, so it can easily late game clean behind its Substitute with some Calm Mind action.
Tyrantrum is the speed control with its Scarf, it can easily threaten teams with its good attack stat and Head Smash as well as its other moves like Outrage, EQ and D-Claw. Also Tyrantrum serves as a secondary fire resist as this team gets threatened by
Ninetales / Salazzle heavily.
Mandibuzz gives some kind of Momentum with U-Turn and Knocks Off the opposing teams items and can help with Roost and Taunt to be an annoyance to the opposing team.
{/hide]

Shitty Anti-Meta Birdspam Screens or whatever the hell this is supposed to be.

(Click Sprites for importable)

So yea, instead of taking the standard BO route, I went for some shitty screens HO because that shit is still broken as hell and I'm different because I'm an edgy bitch. I originally chose Sigilyph because I'm blind and didn't see it. Now I have Duosion, which is ACTUALLY a Mini Reuniclus, but slightly worse. It still stallbreaks with Magic Guard + Recover, which is borderline broken. Anyways, Xatu is a good screens setter due to broken ass Magic Bounce. Aero provides an anti-lead vs other HO's due to High Speed + Taunt as well as being my rocker. Barbaracle is on screens to set up and smack early game, thanks to high powered attacks hurting everything, especially at +2. Flygon is my Ground, as well as another breaker, that can soften things for either Slurpuff or Duosion. Slurpuff is Slurpuff, any competent player knows what it does, and Screens is it's home. The team is probably weak to some BO shit, but it's screens, so there's that and Xatu has TWave, so either way, you can cheese your way through basically any match. I guess I'll just call it Flyspam because there's like 2 1/2 flying types. I'm counting Flygon as a 1/2 a Flying type due to Levitate, so screw you.

Edit: I'm braindead and didn't see sigi on the VR, so I made a change from Sigilyph --> Duosion. Sorry for the mistake, hosts.

Last edited:
Raichu-Alola Offense

Import:
Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Protect

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Trick

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Synthesis

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 228 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 8 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Switcheroo

Explanations:
Hey all, for this "RU Teambuilding Competiton" I decided to build a team around Raichu-alola, a pokemon that Z+V advised me.
First of all, I've decided to choose play Raichu with Band Metagross to be able to weaken many Pokémon and help raichu to clean. He also wins the duel against cresselia that raichu doesn't pass.
I chose to play a classical Virizion with synthesis to be able to in on the ground types that bothers Raichu.
Diancie is here to check many Pokemon like Blastoise, Noivern, fire types while being the Stealth Rock setter. I put him heal bell so he could help Blastoise Mega from the toxic spikes.
Blastoise Mega is very classic to remove the entry hazards and wallbreak.
Finally, I chose a Scarf Noivern to be able to bring Raichu, Virizion or Band gross while allowing to come a few times on Golisopod and revenge kill the whole tier. He has a spread to come a little better on Golisopod and outspeed scarf salazzle.
(I forgot to mention that raichu has protect for lure Golisopod)

SubBRain Kingdra

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Bold Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Kingdra @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Substitute

Houndoom @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz

Hello there, new and familiar faces)))
I was just think about building a team around a pokemon, that unranked in RU, but banned in lower tiers. So it's a team built around Substitude+Rain Kingdra.

Despite the fact, that Kingdra's stats are not that good, but with it's ability Swift Swim, it can outspeed nearly everyone in the tier + plus Kingdra's typing is somewhat interesting, because Water-Dragon combination take neutral damage from Electric, Grass and Ice.

The first Kingdra's teamate is a good-old Choise Band Metagross, that can take out Fairy-Type mons, which are Kingdra's dangerous threats.

I decided to give Nidoqueen Toxic Spikes instead of Taunt or Toxic, just to see how it's gonna work, and, in my opinion, it's fine because you can toxic a spinner, if it's not at the battlefield.

ReCurse Snorlax is somewhat funny physical tank, because it's hard to OHKO it and with Figu Berry and move Recycle, this fatass can make an unprepared opponents pissed of + move Facade can be very powerfull move, especially when it got statused.

Galvantula is a second hazard setter, now with Sticky Web, allowing to slow down alot of fast offense. Plus I gave it Focus Sash to survive OHKO and use Volt Switch at the next turn.

The final member is Houndoom. It is fast special sweeper that has Darkinium-Z and Taunt. I dont know what else I can say about him. My bad.

So, there's my team. Enjoy)))

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor

Simple bulky offense with exploud as the unranked star, noticed how hard this thing hits and wanted to give it a try, then i added a fighting resist so i added cress to my team, i wanted hazard control and hazard setter so i added blastoise and diancie which give me a big help vs common stuff like golisopod, noivern etc, i found the team to slow and i didn't have a steel type yet so gross was the peffect add here, and for last Z virizion as the ground inmunity and my Z user.

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Hey why not, free Qwilfish

So the main draw of that team really is to abuse common removal - i.e. Blastoise / Donphan, even Mandi to an extent - by using both Dhelmise and Qwilfish as means to block easy removal. Boom is essential on Qwilfish, it's your one final way of blocking Blastoise and, sadly, the one way you stop Croak from eventually beating you by setting up SDs in your face. Specs Garde and CB Zydog are really good mons with spikes up, so added those. Dhelmise additionally blocks Regi which is cute, Sceptile is your speed control and stuff.

Blitz replays to show how mindless it is ROFL:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oublitz-957415283
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oublitz-953624388

Am I too late to the party? I have been working on a team that just happens to fit the criteria for this competition, and I wasn't sure where else to share it: https://pokepast.es/13507c97d587673d

This is a wack team, but it had to be like that to make stall work in a tier with so many breakers. Let's start from the top: Articuno. Nothing too weird here, as it's pretty standard as far as Articuno sets go. Max HP and SpD allows Articuno to wall a vast majority of special attackers in the tier, including those with SE coverage. Examples include HP Fire (technician) Roserade, Noivern, Swellow, Goodra, Nidoqueen, and Mega Blastoise. Pokemon with SE STAB are generally too much though, like Mega Ampharos. Anyway, aside from being a blanket special wall, Articuno can pressure stall hazards and defog them away. Notable hazard setters Articuno can check include Roserade and Nidoqueen. Heal bell keeps the team status free, and can even pp stall toxic thanks to pressure. Freeze-Dry has much more pp than ice beam, and hits water types like Mega Blastoise much harder. It is SE against many Pokemon that Articuno walls, including every one mentioned so far.

Next up is the UR member of the team: Komala. The only reason why Komala is on the team is its exclusive ability Comatose, which prevents it from being statused. This, in combination with reliable recovery and rapid spin, makes Komala a great check to passive hazard setters like Registeel and Bronzong. Knock off removes leftovers from hazard setters, allowing you to chip them down. It can also be useful for knocking off switch ins and deterring ghosts from spin-blocking. Komala also outspeeds most Marowak-Alola sets, so it can knock off its thick club, neutering it. Of course, Komala cannot switch in on Marowak without almost dropping from full; this is just worth noting if they switch in on Komala (this has happened quite a bit when testing). Protect lets Komala safely heal itself with wish. Max HP and defense allows Komala to check more threatening hazard setters, like Metagross and SpD Rhyperior.

Flygon is the 3rd and final hazard remover on the team. Initially, Flygon was *just* meant to be a check to more offensive Rhyperior sets and Metagross lacking toxic. However, in an attempt to compress roles, I made Flygon a check to Salazzle and Ninetales as well. Max HP and the given SpD investment with a careful nature allows Flygon to avoid the OHKO from Ninetales' +2 Inferno Overdrive (in the sun, of course). A yache berry allows Flygon to check HP ice Salazzle and Ninetales; it also helps with surprise ice punches from Rhyperior and Metagross. The given attack EVs ensures that EQ OHKOs Ninetales. The rest of the EVs are dumped into defense to better take hits from Rhyperior and Metagross. Dragon tail phases SD Rhyperior while chipping it. It also helps track up stealth rock damage,and can be used to harass the opposing team on a predicted switch.

Pyukumuku is the unaware wall of the team. Max defense (and HP) allows it to wall Alolan Marowak, thunder punch Metagross, DD Tyrantrum, and a variety of other threats. Toxic can (relatively) quickly wear down most targets. Spite pp stalls Pokemon that are immune to toxic (like Metagross and Drapion) and those that can remove status (like rest Snorlax). There's not much else to say about Pyukumuku...

Palossand checks banded Escavalier (Pyukumuku checks SD sets), Machamp, and Toxicroak. This is made possible with colbur berry (a z crystal or no item would work too). I wanted to use Arcanine as the check to these threats, but I needed rocks on the team, so whatever. Toxic cripples the Pokemon Palossand checks (just don't toxic Machamp if it isn't already burnt from flame orb, or if it's No Guard) and switch ins. Shore up is necessary recovery, and earth power deals sizable damage to a variety of Pokemon (importantly, it OHKOs Toxicroak). It also cleanly OHKOs Salazzle, so it can't switch in on Palossand (you live any one move, bar the rare Inferno Overdrive, perhaps. I was thinking of investing a few EVs in speed to speed creep Escavalier, but I forgot.

Funny enough, Komala isn't the odd ball on the team. This Cresselia set is as nutty as it gets. It's here primarily to check Espeon, Virizion, and special attackers that Articuno can't check (like Rotom and Mega Ampharos). However, it is also a better check to Machamp than Palossand. Psycho cut, with the given attack EVs and psychium z, OHKOs Virizion; standard sets with psyshock only 2HKO, and grassium z Virizion can OHKO after 2 boosts (and life orb sets have a small chance to 2HKO after one boost). Fury cutter beats down Espeon. Light screen allows you to wall Espeon long enough to do this; you can even use psychium z with it for a SpD boost to wall it more easily, so long as you don't need it for Virizion that battle. Aside from OHKOing Virizion, psychium z reduces damage from knock off from Machamp and Drapion (which may try to trap you), and makes you immune to trick/switcheroo (notable users include Noivern, Espeon, Gardevoir, and Rotom). Max HP and 24 SpD EVs with a careful nature allow you to avoid the 2HKO from specs Espeon's shadow ball. The 16 EVs in speed allow you to outspeed adamant Machamp. The rest of the EVs are dumped into defense to better take hits from Machamp, Drapion, and Virizion.

there are some amazing teams in here. lets start voting
Dodrio Epicness by Feliburn! said:

Dodrio Epicness

I did Dodrio cause its speed and attack stats make up for a fun little sweeper or midgame breaker, the combination of Brave Bird, Return and Jump Kick is really nice in a meta with all these steel types. I have Flynium Z in the paste cause it helps hit most of the fat mons that dont resist it rlly hard but changing to Fightnium Z is perfectly fine to get past Regi, Zong and Gross if they are weakened. Up next it's Diancie and Mandi as a hazard setter and removal combo. Milotic then to complete the defensive backbone. Band Gross is used to hit the meta hard and weaken everything for Dodrio. And finally Mega Scep added to help with the speed control and cause epic mascot.​
Hoopa balance by bkdrew! said:
My favorite balance team, straight from the ladder into the hands of a capable player to wield it- Hoopa balanced offense.

An awesome team I've had the luxury of doing well with for a while, and started from the want to develop a team around Nasty Plot Hoopa. The team's ability to surgically remove many things that threaten a Hoopa sweep, like Dark types and specially bulky Pokemon, are paramount to it's success. Sceptile is used for it's great speed control and I chose gutschamp because of how well it excels at breaking down specially defensive mons for Hoopa with facade and close combat, notably stuff that directly threatens hoopa like florges and golisopod. Milo and Regi serve as a nice, solid defensive backbone, able to work in tandem to shut down a lot of things. Hoopa set is tailored to beating stuff the team can struggle with wearing down, most notably Taunt Mandibuzz, hence why Thunderbolt was chosen as the coverage option. Overall, the team works great together, and the x-factor that is Hoopa is often a Pokemon teams don't prepare to face, and I hope people give it a shot.

PASTE: https://pokepast.es/c120dd335a5597b8
Weezing bulky offense by Katy! said:
Stay Toxic with Weezing

Weezing

Importable:

Weezing @ Icium Z
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Metagross @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

Explanation:
Hey all here is a team around Weezing which is unranked on the RU viability ranking.
Foremost Weezing is a nice check to Virizion and it also can check one of the biggest RU threats right now too, which is Golisopod. Weezing also fullfills the role as a Hazer, in case Salazzle or other threats trying to set-up infront of it.
Weezing has Icium Z to give ti some kind of longevity as Z-Haze is able to recovers the HP to full, Toxic Spikes is a given on this team as Weezing can set these up on a lot of pokémon in the RU-Tier and wearing a team down due to status is always a nice option.
The other two moves are its STAB Sludge Bomb and the coverage option in Fire Blast, so it doesn't get walled by Registeel.
Metagross is the Stealth Rocker on this team and has Colbur Berry to withstand at least 1 Dark move to have the chance to Attack or to set-up Rocks, its other moves are Meteor Mash, Erathquake and Ice Punch.
The hazard control is Mega-Blastoise with Rapid Spin and is a fire resist, it pressures teams decently well with its well rounded coverage options, which are mega Launcher boosted so hard hits are guaranteed.
Raikou likes when the opposing team is whittled down due to Rocks and T-Spikes and the hard hitting potential from its other members, so it can easily late game clean behind its Substitute with some Calm Mind action.
Tyrantrum is the speed control with its Scarf, it can easily threaten teams with its good attack stat and Head Smash as well as its other moves like Outrage, EQ and D-Claw. Also Tyrantrum serves as a secondary fire resist as this team gets threatened by
Ninetales / Salazzle heavily.
Mandibuzz gives some kind of Momentum with U-Turn and Knocks Off the opposing teams items and can help with Roost and Taunt to be an annoyance to the opposing team.
Shitty Anti-Meta Birdspam Screens or whatever the hell this is supposed to be. said:
Shitty Anti-Meta Birdspam Screens or whatever the hell this is supposed to be.

(Click Sprites for importable)

So yea, instead of taking the standard BO route, I went for some shitty screens HO because that shit is still broken as hell and I'm different because I'm an edgy bitch. I originally chose Sigilyph because I'm blind and didn't see it. Now I have Duosion, which is ACTUALLY a Mini Reuniclus, but slightly worse. It still stallbreaks with Magic Guard + Recover, which is borderline broken. Anyways, Xatu is a good screens setter due to broken ass Magic Bounce. Aero provides an anti-lead vs other HO's due to High Speed + Taunt as well as being my rocker. Barbaracle is on screens to set up and smack early game, thanks to high powered attacks hurting everything, especially at +2. Flygon is my Ground, as well as another breaker, that can soften things for either Slurpuff or Duosion. Slurpuff is Slurpuff, any competent player knows what it does, and Screens is it's home. The team is probably weak to some BO shit, but it's screens, so there's that and Xatu has TWave, so either way, you can cheese your way through basically any match. I guess I'll just call it Flyspam because there's like 2 1/2 flying types. I'm counting Flygon as a 1/2 a Flying type due to Levitate, so screw you.

Edit: I'm braindead and didn't see sigi on the VR, so I made a change from Sigilyph --> Duosion. Sorry for the mistake, hosts.
Raichu-Alola Offense by Hurtadoo! said:
Raichu-Alola Offense

Import:
Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Protect

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Trick

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Synthesis

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 228 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 8 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Switcheroo

Explanations:
Hey all, for this "RU Teambuilding Competiton" I decided to build a team around Raichu-alola, a pokemon that Z+V advised me.
First of all, I've decided to choose play Raichu with Band Metagross to be able to weaken many Pokémon and help raichu to clean. He also wins the duel against cresselia that raichu doesn't pass.
I chose to play a classical Virizion with synthesis to be able to in on the ground types that bothers Raichu.
Diancie is here to check many Pokemon like Blastoise, Noivern, fire types while being the Stealth Rock setter. I put him heal bell so he could help Blastoise Mega from the toxic spikes.
Blastoise Mega is very classic to remove the entry hazards and wallbreak.
Finally, I chose a Scarf Noivern to be able to bring Raichu, Virizion or Band gross while allowing to come a few times on Golisopod and revenge kill the whole tier. He has a spread to come a little better on Golisopod and outspeed scarf salazzle.
(I forgot to mention that raichu has protect for lure Golisopod)
SubRD Kingdra Webs by Pprizrak! said:
SubBRain Kingdra

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Bold Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Kingdra @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Substitute

Houndoom @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz

Hello there, new and familiar faces)))
I was just think about building a team around a pokemon, that unranked in RU, but banned in lower tiers. So it's a team built around Substitude+Rain Kingdra.

Despite the fact, that Kingdra's stats are not that good, but with it's ability Swift Swim, it can outspeed nearly everyone in the tier + plus Kingdra's typing is somewhat interesting, because Water-Dragon combination take neutral damage from Electric, Grass and Ice.

The first Kingdra's teamate is a good-old Choise Band Metagross, that can take out Fairy-Type mons, which are Kingdra's dangerous threats.

I decided to give Nidoqueen Toxic Spikes instead of Taunt or Toxic, just to see how it's gonna work, and, in my opinion, it's fine because you can toxic a spinner, if it's not at the battlefield.

ReCurse Snorlax is somewhat funny physical tank, because it's hard to OHKO it and with Figu Berry and move Recycle, this fatass can make an unprepared opponents pissed of + move Facade can be very powerfull move, especially when it got statused.

Galvantula is a second hazard setter, now with Sticky Web, allowing to slow down alot of fast offense. Plus I gave it Focus Sash to survive OHKO and use Volt Switch at the next turn.

The final member is Houndoom. It is fast special sweeper that has Darkinium-Z and Taunt. I dont know what else I can say about him. My bad.

So, there's my team. Enjoy)))
Exploud Bulky Offense by jcbc! said:

Simple bulky offense with exploud as the unranked star, noticed how hard this thing hits and wanted to give it a try, then i added a fighting resist so i added cress to my team, i wanted hazard control and hazard setter so i added blastoise and diancie which give me a big help vs common stuff like golisopod, noivern etc, i found the team to slow and i didn't have a steel type yet so gross was the peffect add here, and for last Z virizion as the ground inmunity and my Z user.
Qwilfish Spikes by EviGaro! said:
Hey why not, free Qwilfish

So the main draw of that team really is to abuse common removal - i.e. Blastoise / Donphan, even Mandi to an extent - by using both Dhelmise and Qwilfish as means to block easy removal. Boom is essential on Qwilfish, it's your one final way of blocking Blastoise and, sadly, the one way you stop Croak from eventually beating you by setting up SDs in your face. Specs Garde and CB Zydog are really good mons with spikes up, so added those. Dhelmise additionally blocks Regi which is cute, Sceptile is your speed control and stuff.

Blitz replays to show how mindless it is ROFL:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oublitz-957415283
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oublitz-953624388
Komala stall by VCrakeV! said:
Am I too late to the party? I have been working on a team that just happens to fit the criteria for this competition, and I wasn't sure where else to share it: https://pokepast.es/13507c97d587673d
Articuno
Komala
Flygon
Palossand

This is a wack team, but it had to be like that to make stall work in a tier with so many breakers. Let's start from the top: Articuno. Nothing too weird here, as it's pretty standard as far as Articuno sets go. Max HP and SpD allows Articuno to wall a vast majority of special attackers in the tier, including those with SE coverage. Examples include HP Fire (technician) Roserade, Noivern, Swellow, Goodra, Nidoqueen, and Mega Blastoise. Pokemon with SE STAB are generally too much though, like Mega Ampharos. Anyway, aside from being a blanket special wall, Articuno can pressure stall hazards and defog them away. Notable hazard setters Articuno can check include Roserade and Nidoqueen. Heal bell keeps the team status free, and can even pp stall toxic thanks to pressure. Freeze-Dry has much more pp than ice beam, and hits water types like Mega Blastoise much harder. It is SE against many Pokemon that Articuno walls, including every one mentioned so far.

Next up is the UR member of the team: Komala. The only reason why Komala is on the team is its exclusive ability Comatose, which prevents it from being statused. This, in combination with reliable recovery and rapid spin, makes Komala a great check to passive hazard setters like Registeel and Bronzong. Knock off removes leftovers from hazard setters, allowing you to chip them down. It can also be useful for knocking off switch ins and deterring ghosts from spin-blocking. Komala also outspeeds most Marowak-Alola sets, so it can knock off its thick club, neutering it. Of course, Komala cannot switch in on Marowak without almost dropping from full; this is just worth noting if they switch in on Komala (this has happened quite a bit when testing). Protect lets Komala safely heal itself with wish. Max HP and defense allows Komala to check more threatening hazard setters, like Metagross and SpD Rhyperior.

Flygon is the 3rd and final hazard remover on the team. Initially, Flygon was *just* meant to be a check to more offensive Rhyperior sets and Metagross lacking toxic. However, in an attempt to compress roles, I made Flygon a check to Salazzle and Ninetales as well. Max HP and the given SpD investment with a careful nature allows Flygon to avoid the OHKO from Ninetales' +2 Inferno Overdrive (in the sun, of course). A yache berry allows Flygon to check HP ice Salazzle and Ninetales; it also helps with surprise ice punches from Rhyperior and Metagross. The given attack EVs ensures that EQ OHKOs Ninetales. The rest of the EVs are dumped into defense to better take hits from Rhyperior and Metagross. Dragon tail phases SD Rhyperior while chipping it. It also helps track up stealth rock damage,and can be used to harass the opposing team on a predicted switch.

Pyukumuku is the unaware wall of the team. Max defense (and HP) allows it to wall Alolan Marowak, thunder punch Metagross, DD Tyrantrum, and a variety of other threats. Toxic can (relatively) quickly wear down most targets. Spite pp stalls Pokemon that are immune to toxic (like Metagross and Drapion) and those that can remove status (like rest Snorlax). There's not much else to say about Pyukumuku...

Palossand checks banded Escavalier (Pyukumuku checks SD sets), Machamp, and Toxicroak. This is made possible with colbur berry (a z crystal or no item would work too). I wanted to use Arcanine as the check to these threats, but I needed rocks on the team, so whatever. Toxic cripples the Pokemon Palossand checks (just don't toxic Machamp if it isn't already burnt from flame orb, or if it's No Guard) and switch ins. Shore up is necessary recovery, and earth power deals sizable damage to a variety of Pokemon (importantly, it OHKOs Toxicroak). It also cleanly OHKOs Salazzle, so it can't switch in on Palossand (you live any one move, bar the rare Inferno Overdrive, perhaps. I was thinking of investing a few EVs in speed to speed creep Escavalier, but I forgot.

Funny enough, Komala isn't the odd ball on the team. This Cresselia set is as nutty as it gets. It's here primarily to check Espeon, Virizion, and special attackers that Articuno can't check (like Rotom and Mega Ampharos). However, it is also a better check to Machamp than Palossand. Psycho cut, with the given attack EVs and psychium z, OHKOs Virizion; standard sets with psyshock only 2HKO, and grassium z Virizion can OHKO after 2 boosts (and life orb sets have a small chance to 2HKO after one boost). Fury cutter beats down Espeon. Light screen allows you to wall Espeon long enough to do this; you can even use psychium z with it for a SpD boost to wall it more easily, so long as you don't need it for Virizion that battle. Aside from OHKOing Virizion, psychium z reduces damage from knock off from Machamp and Drapion (which may try to trap you), and makes you immune to trick/switcheroo (notable users include Noivern, Espeon, Gardevoir, and Rotom). Max HP and 24 SpD EVs with a careful nature allow you to avoid the 2HKO from specs Espeon's shadow ball. The 16 EVs in speed allow you to outspeed adamant Machamp. The rest of the EVs are dumped into defense to better take hits from Machamp, Drapion, and Virizion.
my vote goes to evi :psyglad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)