RU Smogcast - Questions and Answers

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Hello RU community! XY already happened a few months ago which has taken almost all interest off of RU, as it is not a tier in XY just yet. This smogcast aims to relight the fire in the heart of the RU community... or it's just because every else is doing it. :(

Cast: Texas, King Tsunami (ShakeItUp), Celever, Atomicllamas, Cherubagent, Silentverse, Nails, Windsong

This thread is for all of you guys to give us questions which we will answer in the cast, probably nearer the end of it. If you want a few people to answer it then say so, personally I think a few questions which are "everyone in the cast...." would be good, but that's for you guys to post below!

Some questions that we will be doing earlier in the cast:
Everyone in the cast say what your favourite Pokemon to use is and why
Opinions on NU Pokemon in RU, namely Scolipede, Mandibuzz, Alomomola, Golurk and Tauros

Last edited:
Since when was celever allowed in a cast?<--im srs
Thoughts on what might end up as RU?
What you would like to end up as RU?
Piggybacking on the question on the above post, do you think weather could make its way to RU(hail is uu atm and sand used to be uu)?
[in general]What seems to be overrated in XY(not necessarily RU stuff, just in general)<-----edit: i meant stuff that might end up as ru
^.^

Last edited:
Piggybacking on the question on the above post, do you think weather could make its way to RU(hail is uu atm and sand used to be uu)?
[in general]What seems to be overrated in XY(not necessarily RU stuff, just in general)
^.^
celever kind of just informed me that he'd be on this cast and quickly made this thread, so im not sure...

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
[in general]What seems to be overrated in XY(not necessarily RU stuff, just in general)
^.^
I was kinda the guy who engineered the idea of an RUCast with Texas, I've made the schedule of the cast etc. etc. but don't worry I won't spout out noobish stuff during it.. I'm actually researching the tier atm.

Also, this cast will be based mainly on BW2 RU, however there will be a session on your XY RU questions later in the cast (the last thing we're doing) so we really need more BW2 RU questions, not all XY.

Also only RU questions, not XY OU...

inb4 celever wears a mask so no one can see his face

What old mons got new moves that really make them better and how good will they be?

Well, if the cast is largely discussing BW(2) RU, it might not hurt to discuss how the metagame panned out (Yanmega / Venomoth, Cofag / 'Pedo / Krook, both Hail / Cress metas, 'Queen, etc. etc.), perhaps some of the more enjoyable stages in the process, etc.

Also, if Nails could just use stock effect sounds exclusively for the entire cast, that'd be just swell n_n

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just to clarify the cast will be some group of the people celever listed depending on who's available, probably 5 or 6 people.

I also intend the case to be entirely answering questions as after all you guys are the audience and you'll want to hear about things relevant to you.

I'd like to hear some thoughts and opinions on manual weather in the tier before during and after Snover, I know there was a rain thread that was around that died around the same that Snover happened and never really revived. Plus Sun always seemed deadly in the right hands although I never managed to get it to work as well.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear about what you think of Clefable in this meta, and what do you think will happen to her when RU comes in X and Y ?
Also, I'd like to hear about your opinion on Sub CM Entei,because I've been using that set, and to me it's p. good, but I'd like to get someone elses on it.
And Is Draggi > Molk ?
lol

Thoughts on Rapid Spinners, EXCLUDING Kabutops?
Thoughts on Toxic Spikes and who are good users of it right now?

Which is better in your opinions: Druddigon or Slowking?

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why are Haunter, Sawsbuck, and Jynx better than all of the other NU mons listed as possible discussion topics?
Is there any legitimate reason to not run Druddigon on an RU team (like stall I guess? any others)?
Why is SV the cutest user?
My avatar is the best y/y?
Why was Nidoqueen meta the best meta, and hail the worst?

Will BW RU still be developing as a meta or will it stop and stay as is after XY RU is created?
If above yes, what would be the most likely mon to be suspected (bar Druddi)? Or is the meta as balanced as it can be?
Any news on when XY RU is formed?
Any underrated threats and/or team styles?
Looking back, could some things have gone differently in BW RU's development (for the better!) or has it gone well enough as is?

Pretty eager to see how this turns out!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
FAVORITE VENOMOTH/YANMEGA COUNTER?

edit: experiences on using ru pride?

Last edited:

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Some topics:

Discuss the motherfucker named Sigilyph.
Discuss how Meloetta would be in RU(since it had around 2,7% usage in UU the month after the tiers were finally set).
Discuss how Houndoom would be in RU(since it almost dropped too, iirc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)