Resource RU Bazaar

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Approved by MrAldo
Idea from the OU Bazaar | Banner by Gummy

Welcome to the SS RU Bazaar! This thread is for sharing any teams you might have made with other RU players on the forum to use/admire. You can also ask for advice and suggest changes to improve the teams other players have posted here. When posting a team, make sure to include the importable and a short description of how your team functions so other players can try it out and learn how it works. You're also free to provide some replays if you wish. While this is less formal than a RMT, please still make sure you've tried out your team a reasonable amount before posting.

Well, I think that's everything. Have fun and share some cool teams everyone!

Last edited:

HailFall

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Expanding Force
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire

Indeedee-F (F) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Dragalge @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Flip Turn

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Swords Dance
- Defog
- U-turn

I'll start this thread off with this psychic terrain team I cooked up.
Indeedee and Gardevoir share similar checks that can easily be overwhelmed (klefki, steelix, etc), and psychic terrain can help specs gardevoir power through steels that would otherwise wall it, so I decided to build around that. Healing wish on indeedee is pretty neat to give defensive mons on the team a second wind if needed. Scarf Mowtom helps pivot around and provides a revenge killer for various threats in the meta that can be hard to handle for offense like inteleon while also providing a ground immunity. Additionally, many of the mons that like to switch into rotom (dragons, vileplume) are pretty easy targets for garde. Rhyperior is the first part of the team's defensive backbone, getting rocks up reliably and answering stuff like lycanroc and braviary. Defensive dragalge has incredible typing and good bulk that allows it to check a good portion of the metagame with investment in its bulk, but it still has high base power moves and adaptability to threaten out the things it checks. Payapa berry ensures it can check virizion and sharpedo consistently even if they're packing psychic coverage. Steelvally is the last member. As a fast, bulky steel with defog and U-turn, it's my main answer to dragons and fairies.

roman

Banned deucer.
:centiskorch::passimian::bronzong::dragalge::claydol::virizion:

Hey, I tried building the other day for a few minutes and came up with this. Basically just slapped on good pokemon with different typings because I haven't played ss at all and it didn't turn out too bad imo. The idea is pretty simple, break down stuff with Centiskorch / Virizion / T Spikes and clean with Scarf Passimian. The defensive core is a bit wonky and weak to Drapion, but the other Knock Off users aren't too threatening. Anyway, it's really difficult to beat Drapion and Linoone, but most other stuff can be handled by outplaying (Zard, Centi, Skewda etc).

I might try patching it up a bit but the defensive core in particular would need to be reworked if I change the other mons so I'll probably just leave it as is lol, thanks for reading and hope u enjoy

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:ninetales::vileplume::mantine::bronzong::umbreon::charizard:

I wanted to give sun another shot after Ninetales was unbanned, but seeing as Gigalith, Dragalge, Drampa and Goodra have all dropped or been unbanned, I felt that a solid defensive backbone was needed, instead of going for sun HO which was used in the later weeks of ru snake. I started with Ninetales for obvious reasons, I decided to have energy ball instead of solar beam so that Gigalith can't trap me into it. I also went with will-o-wisp to cripple Rhyperior and Gigalith while being able to chip Dragalge. I then added Vileplume as its a great abuser of sun while also giving the team a solid fighting switch in, the ev spread allow plume to outspeed Salazzle in sun. I then added a defensive core of Mantine, Bronzong, and Umbreon, which gives me a hazard core and a cleric. I decided against having water STAB on Mantine as it does nothing in sun, I instead opted for toxic and air slash. On Bronzong I decided to go for psychic to hit opposing plumes, while adding sunny day as last move, to be able to mitigate my reliance on Ninetales a bit, instead of making Umbreon wishtect I put moonlight and wish on it to take advantage of the 2/3 healing moonlight provides under sun. The last 'mon I added was Charizard to take advantage of sun and pressure dragons. I went for fire/fighting/flying coverage to be able to hit Snorlax and Centiskorch, while not needing sun to hit rock types.

:barraskewda: :centiskorch: :virizion: :mantine: :steelix: :gardevoir:
https://pokepast.es/fbcd6ef15168587d
(This is my first post on a team so I'm defo going to make some mistakes.)

So I've been liking the new RU meta so far and enjoying team building as well. This particular team is based on the barraskewda+centiskorch offensive core, which mac3 told me to use.(I was kinda bored and couldn't think of decent cores, don't hate on me) basically we have Choice band barraskewda with flip turn which works extremely well for pivoting out and getting decent damage off at the same time. centiskorch is just really hard to switch into at the moment cuz it has amazing coverage with knock off and power whip (like seriously, who gives a grass move to fire/bug type?) These 2 are great for wallbreaking and getting decent chip off early game, and can function-late game as well. Next I went and picked newly unbanned hell-antelope virizion (why was this unbanned?) And gave it a calm mind set(the best virizion set in my opinion). Why did I pick virizion? Well if I'm being honest, it was just a hunch that it would work well on this team. I also kinda liked making a fire-water-grass core maybe. Anyways after that, I decided to use the mantine-lix defensive duo, whom I'm loving right now. They also added hazard removal and rocks to the team as well. For the last slot, I was going to run a defensive gardevoir, but after getting that idea shut down in the in the discord server, I switched to Scarf garde, which isn't as famous as it's specs counterpart but adds some much-needed speed to a team that was looking pretty slow in the beginning.

The team works well and is alot of fun to use. The superstars I'd say are barraskewda with its ridiculously powerful banded flip turn and head smash steelix which now pressures the common defoggers in the tier.

Till next time,
Flareblitzkreig

Last edited:
:fraxure::salazzle::rotom-mow::mantine::rhyperior::silvally:
(click for team)

This is a team I built basically for fun but after testing it on ladder and w friends a couple times it seems to be pretty okay and since it's fun I figured I'd post it here. This team was built around Fraxure, I got the idea to use it from Sensei Axew after he told me it could be pretty decent. The set I used is Swords Dance, the given spread is able to outspeed Jolly Bewear. Scale Shot seems like a crazy ass move lmao, boosting your speed with a +2 mon only at the cost of lowering your defense is really sick and it's a pretty high BP if you get all hits. I decided to add Salazzle to the team because it's an answer to steel and ice-types which Fraxure can struggle with if it's unboosted. Rotom-Mow provides a strong grass and electric attacker to the team and the ability levitate also gives the team a ground resist. Mantine is my hazard remover and my answer to mons like Golis and assorted grounds / fires, it also provides a solid fighting resist. Rhydon is my rocker of choice on this build thanks to it being able to provide an offensive presence with Swords Dance while still being a setter. Lastly I added Silvally-Fairy for the dragon immunity and the fact that it forms a good Volt-Turn core with Rotom-Mow, It's also just another set-up sweeper that can break for the team. This team can be pretty weak to mons like Goodra if they predict your swaps correctly, but it's definitely manageable if played around properly. Another weakness I've noticed is Virizion, but if Rotom is able to Trick it you can handle it reasonably well.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:coalossal: :klefki: :virizion: :sharpedo: :linoone: :golurk: click for team
I was spamming this before the inevitable linnone shark bans, and they're hilarious. So, enter me trying to use cheesy HO screens shit per usual, with Klefki, mixed Shark, Linoone, Golurk and Viriz. I needed a secondary solid fairy resist that didnt summon sun, so salazzle right? but then i noticed, wait, mantine goes hella in vs this squad. So, i stumbled on over to the OU heat thread and found a masterpiece to end all masterpieces. Meteor beam Coalossal. Gonna give credit where credit's sue and give a shoutout to Hoolin for posting this set. How I used it was that you lure in Mantine as you send in Coalossal. They throw off a Scald against you, and with screens you comfortably live the hit, and then suddenly your opp is facing down a +1 Spa, +4 Spe coal monster. very rarely will it sweep, however, due, to its really bad weaknesses. This team was fun as hell and hilarious to boot.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1166013995-xqizb6ypag7989cxs5iaoski021w4w6pw vs a stall squad

HailFall

Fun glowbro BO I made. Bewear is a great partner for bro cause it can switch into polter/knock and pressure fat waters with haze. Rotom defogs and switches into eqs, while also pivoting around. P2 is a great catch all answer for most common special attackers, but unlike umbreon it can teleport to keep up momentum. I run shadow ball to hit garde as well as to hit golurk if it tries to come in on p2. Seismitoad gives me a check to barraskewda/glowbro, is a soft check to lycanroc which is a pain for this team otherwise, sets up rocks, and provides knock support. Its also a nice scald switchin. Scarf garde rounds out the team checking Scrafty and serving as a general purpose speed control mon, while also being able to shut down defensive cores with trick.

Main threats to the team are Lycanroc and sigilyph, which can be frustrating to deal with but are not unmanageable

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Hey everyone, i'd like to post a team that has been very successful for me
:mantine::quagsire::tangela::bronzong::umbreon::slowbro-galar: (click on sprites for the paste)
This team was mainly built around rest zong+quick claw galarbro. When I was building this team I realized how broken quick claw + quick draw Slowbro is. I wanted to make Galarbro be able to go first while also gaining health. Tangela is for golurk and for silvallys, while Quag is on this team to stop set up mons. Bronzong has heatproof to take minor damage from salazzle / mfire from a gardevior, etc. Rest is to wall exploud effectively. Mantine is usually my sun wall etc. Umbreon is just the team's wish passer/cleric. Sorry if this wasn't long enough, I'll edit this post tmr and make alot of changes to it.

Last edited:

click for team

Sand bulky offense with Spikes + Lycanroc and Blastoise, Klefki pairs very well with Gigalith and priority Fairy Lock prevents from switching next turn so I can kill opponent pokemon with Lycanroc or just send Blastoise to use Shell Smash (Shell Smash Blastoise always needs Spikes support imo). Dhelmise its my spinner and spinbloker at the same time so thats why I decided to run a bulkier variant than usual. Weather Ball Ninetales is a solid lure option against Mantine, Centiskorch, Golisopod or Charizard; and Energy Ball hits bulky grounds and waters such Seismitoad, basically I wanted a Ninetales set with a very different offensive approach than Drought Ninetales. Gigalith + Flash Fire Ninetales matchup excellent against Charizard Sun and common teammates.

(click for team)
Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Bronzong @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Trick
- Toxic

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 236 HP / 16 Atk / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- U-turn

Dhelmise
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Rapid Spin
This is the team I made and used before October shifts for the Sigilyph suspect test! From someone who's still discovering the tier, I thought it would be cool to show it since I did a good run with it.
It is somewhat simple to use. Trick Choice Scarf Heatproof Bronzong for Sigilyph and other bulky set up sweepers like Klefki or Slowbro-Galar, Vaporeon wish support to help Rhyperior the Stealth Rock setter, physical Virizion the 'Offense' of the team and useful vs Ninetails or Charizard, Braviary the surprisingly strong revengekiller with Roost and Bulk Up in a case of being Knock off-ed, and Dhelmise the sep up trapper with Rapid Spin and Rest (thanks pcd) without an item to switch on opponents Poltergeist and a defensive spread to better take on physical attackers and knock off users.

I really had fun playing RU 'for real' after I built the team. Even though I'm still on the low ladder, I could see strong opponents and testing it at its full potential (21-9). I have also did some roomtours with it and did good. Some change can be made around it, like Special Virizion or another scarf user instead of Braviary but it's still pretty good like that.

Threats: After playing, I'd say the most common threats I had hard time facing are Slowbro-Galar, Heliolisk, and Scrafty.
Slowbro-G with regenerator keeping its presence throughout the game and Future Sight wearing the team down was a common thing I could se myself losing to. Trick-ing a Slowbro-G with Bronzong helps much that it stills makes me wonder why this set is not used much.
You have to get Heliolisk Toxic or you will have a hard time seeing it pivoting around the team, especially if it has Heavy-duty Boots.
It is better to eliminate Scrafty early game with Virizion SD, Braviary, or trick Bronzong before it sets up and sweeps.

This set of Dhelmise helped me immensely. Trapping something that can't KO you immediately like Steelix, Seismitoad, or even a Dazzling Gleam Klefki, can cost the entire game! Sometimes I still forgot I can't trap ghost types that can't pass it.

Some replays with the team -Press that skip button-
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1196267376-t3ty6kixpe9nq76uqiicqg7lwxa0yl3pw
Low ladd Dhelmise Sweep

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1196385508-odjx37kx3v4z4yjqmftk6i5vbwj7q71pw
Cool match

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1196403538-ijvgkws97hb4wvc8tyauwcxe98gpu70pw
Cool lead stack hazard

Apologies for errors, Thanks for reading.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:decidueye: :golurk: :steelix: :mantine: :drapion: :bewear: (importable in sprites)
1602895140977.png

It's October, so it's fitting that this team is...you know it, you love it...GHOST SPAM! I managed to get this to top 50 in the spirit of the spooky month, so you know the ghostly vibes.
:ss/decidueye: :ss/golurk:
I started this core with none other than Banded Golurk and Nasty Plot Decidueye. Banded Golurk is an absolutely obscene wallbreaker that threatens damn near the entire metagame with 2HKOs at minimum, with its perpensity for leaving giant holes in defensive cores making it easy pickings for nasty Plot decidueye, who can even take down Golurk's one true check, Tangela. Together they formed a stupidly powerful offensive core that puts immense pressure.
:ss/steelix: :ss/mantine:
Next, I needed a good defensive core along with some hazard game. Steelix + Mantine fit the bill perfectly due to their synergistic nature with each other. They also backed the team up against opposing offensive assaults.
:ss/drapion: :ss/bewear:
Obviously because of how this team consists of Ghost Types, i needed to pack some reassurance against opposing Dark and Ghost types.
Scarf Drapion kept me safe against Virizion no matter what, and could revenge kill a wide variety of pokemon that the team would greatly appreciate.
Bewear also helped against Dark and Ghost types, and could deal with a pokemon that the team currently struggled with, Umbreon. There was also the value in having a Poltergeist immunity that didn't instantaneously shredded by Earthquake, and it too, could provide cleaning potential with its fierce Swords Dance set.

Honorable Temporary Members:
:copperajah:
Copperajah was originally used because of its offensive presence, but Steelix proved to be more effective due to the prevalance of Normal types that could Threaten the team, such as Tauros and Braviary.

:silvally-fairy:
Silvally-Fairy was originally used as the Anti-Dark mon, but its lack of overall power outside of Multi-Attack paled in comparison to Bewear's natural offensive presence.

HailFall

(click for importable)
A fun balance team made for the new meta. Virizion is always a pretty solid breaker, and it has the added bonus of soft checking some rain mons and Xurk right now. Slowking is a nice pivot that can provide future sight support to threaten typical virizion checks like Vileplume, Dragalge, and Salazzle while also helping to solidify the rain matchup. Gardevoir is a great scarfer right now, able to trace Slush Rush and Drizzle to give the team a reliable way to revenge kill weather sweepers that can be difficult for the team to defensively check (Arctozolt, Drednaw). Bulky Nidoqueen is the teams most reliable Xurkitree answer, and also helps the team to handle some things like Passimian, Virizion, and Salazzle. Articuno is a general purpose special wall able to check things like Nidoqueen, Tornadus, and other threatening special attackers, and pivot out with U-turn. Finally, Steelix provides Stealth Rock support while also serving as a check to threats like Arctozolt, Tyrantrum, and Drapion.

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
(click for importable)
A fun balance team made for the new meta. Virizion is always a pretty solid breaker, and it has the added bonus of soft checking some rain mons and Xurk right now. Slowking is a nice pivot that can provide future sight support to threaten typical virizion checks like Vileplume, Dragalge, and Salazzle while also helping to solidify the rain matchup. Gardevoir is a great scarfer right now, able to trace Slush Rush and Drizzle to give the team a reliable way to revenge kill weather sweepers that can be difficult for the team to defensively check (Arctozolt, Drednaw). Bulky Nidoqueen is the teams most reliable Xurkitree answer, and also helps the team to handle some things like Passimian, Virizion, and Salazzle. Articuno is a general purpose special wall able to check things like Nidoqueen, Tornadus, and other threatening special attackers, and pivot out with U-turn. Finally, Steelix provides Stealth Rock support while also serving as a check to threats like Arctozolt, Tyrantrum, and Drapion.
Thanks for sharing a team. After testing I used toxic over toxic spikes on Nidoqueen and freeze dry over ice beam on Articuno. Had a bit better time after switches might also suggest mixed virizion with leaf storm. :heart:

:swsh/heracross::swsh/rhyperior::swsh/vaporeon::swsh/togekiss::swsh/durant::swsh/raikou:

(team is here! ->) https://pokepast.es/9ad43cb8dfc0b558

Since I'm relatively new to the tier, I decided to try and make some fun sets, inspired by PokeaimMD and Emvee's heat Showdown Lives, and I think I built a pretty good team in the process. Expert Belt Heracross is a really nice bluff set (which I also posted on the heat thread), seeing as people automatically assume that Heracross is Choice Scarf if Flame Orb doesn't proc. Pokemon like opposing Togekiss and Umbreon switch into the appropriate resisted move, and Togekiss then takes a minimum of 50% from Stone Edge while Umbreon is picked off outright by Close Combat. Rhyperior is the team's Rocker, a Fire-type switch-in, and a counter to most variants of Togekiss when you still want to preserve Heracross' bluff. Vaporeon has immense Wishes that it can pass to the rest of the team to keep them healthy (Durant in particular heals like 90% which is crazy), and is a great switch-in to most Water-types thanks to Water Absorb. Togekiss is the Defogger for the team and its best Zarude switch-in, with the tried-and-true, villain's delight, paraflinch set that only people with no shame use. Durant is there for a more offensive check to Zarude, and smashes most faster Pokemon with First Impression for Heracross and Raikou. Raikou is the team's other main wallbreaker/offensive pivot, and is personally my favorite Electric-type in the tier at the moment.

To add more of an impression, here's a couple replays that I'm pretty proud of.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1258081959
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ru-1258660629

So that's the team; I hope you enjoy it!

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
I was going to use these teams in Week One of SSNL but my opponent gave me the W so I'll post them here instead!

:cobalion::zarude::rhyperior::crobat::raikou::gardevoir:

This team is a little bit older however I still think it holds up today. It's a weird little VoltTurn that mostly focuses on getting Rhyperior (and Gardevoir, but to a lesser extent) in to wreak havoc and then letting Scarf Zarude clean up in the late game. Teleport Gardevoir is a fun tech that can put the pressure on teams relying on Registeel and Porygon2 to check it. Crobat is the Defogger, we have Rocks+Volt Switch Coba as the Rocker and Zarude check. Very fun team.

:flygon::registeel::zarude::togekiss::thundurus::milotic:

I used this team to test out Flygon in full and attempt to get it ranked. I'm really enjoying Scarf Flygon as an offensive Electric check and speed control option with notable defensive utility, and the team uses this in full. The trio of Flygon, Registeel, and Zarude secures me against most of the tricks the Electrics in the tier can toss out, and BU Zarude and Scarf Flygon can also act as potential wincons. Togekiss is there to check Zarude and Defog, as well as just be extremely annoying with ParaFlinch. U-turn+3a Thundurus works extremely well with Flygon, forcing each others checks in and out and U-turning all over just about the whole metagame. Finally, Milotic secures me against threatening Fire-types and just acts as a general defensive spone.

:golurk::zarude::xurkitree::registeel::suicune::togekiss:

I really like the Zarude+Registeel+Ground combo to mess with Electrics right now, and this team is no different, except we have Golurk here instead of Flygon in order to bust open the opposition. Togekiss is also retained in order to deal with the ever annoying Zarude and Defog+be annoying on its own. Suicune is there as a secondary wincon while also being the team's defensive water-type, and Xurkitree is there to act as speed control and clean up after all the chaos.

I hope you guys enjoy the teams!

A few team for me. Maybe could be useful

Zydog Volturn Offense
:zygarde-10%::reuniclus::xurkitree::zarude::cobalion::milotic:
The team is a basic Bulky Offence. Zydog is the walbreakeer wich can come in many team ty to the multiple pivots this team has. Reiniclus, Cobalion and Milotic make for the defensive core of the team providing Future Sight Support, Hazzards and Pivoting. Talking of wich Zarude and Scarf Xurkitree form the offensive volturn part of this team, beaten his partner checks and counter and giving Zydog oppotunities to come in.

Alolawak Bulky Offence/Hazzard Stack
:Marowak-Alola::dhelmise::cobalion::xurkitree::reuniclus::golisopod:
I wanted to use Alolawak because he his kinda underated rn. He with Cobalion punish volturn hard. Coba also provide stealth rock and a way to make Alolawak into the field. Golisopod put spikes into the mix when also cheecking frailer faster treath with First Imprension. Dhelmise give hazzard control for Marowak and make for a "scary" Poltergueist Spam. Reunicluss bring a special sponge and Furture Sight support to the team and Xurkitree work as a cleaner in late game

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Hi guys, im just gonna share a few teams I have built.
:Lanturn::Umbreon::Stunfisk-Galar::Tangela::Sableye::Flygon:
This team is mainly built around Lanturn. I noticed that Lanturn is a good water immunity/ elec immunity poke. At first, I had volt absorb, but after a few test battles, I noticed that literally, every elec beats it, so then I changed it to Water absorb to stop Suicune. The 80 speed on Lanturn let u outpace Adamant AlolaWak. After Lanturn I just slapped on Umbreon so I wouldn't be weak to Special attackers like Chandelure and Volcanion. Stunfisk-Galar is this team's rocker, it provides nice utility and I have Pain Split just incase Umby dies and I can't wish pass, it also helps with Togekiss if you get flinched down you can just Pain Split all the hp back. After that, I noticed I was a bit Zydog / Zarude / Golurk weak so like on every stall I build Tangela was just the perfect option. Sableye stops setups, spreads wisps to annoy physical attacks / this team's spin blocker. Finally, I still noticed I was weak to Raikou and Np Togekiss so the perfect option was Flygon. The 96 speed allows you to outpace max speed Togekiss. Overall, this team is a bit weak to Darm, but you have plenty of room to outplay.

:Suicune::Zarude::Togekiss::Chandelure::Steelix::Mienshao:
This team is mainly built around Togekiss +Zarude because they are a very good core and cover each other's weaknesses. I noticed that I lacked a fire switchin so I slapped Suicune on the team because it can be a good wincon when ur foes Suicune answers are dead. After, that Tox just fucked the team up so I slapped Steelix on the team to give me some breathing room vs elecs and also cuz I needed an rocker lol. Mienshao was obv cuz I needed a scarfer. Chandelure helps vs np Togekiss a bit and helps wear down Suicune's checks/counters. Overall, this team is very good, however, Raikou is a bit annoying!!

https://pokepast.es/9681e5a539f07fc4 -Used in Ssnls
https://pokepast.es/e11402255b807c16 Used in Ssnls
https://pokepast.es/451f74f92644e4d5 -Used in ssnls
https://pokepast.es/ca5da7cd94952e7d -fun team
https://pokepast.es/647897f49bb6abc3 - fun team
I forgot most of the teams I used in ssnls lol, but anyway hf with these awesome teams :D!!
(i will post replays later)

Last edited:
:Politoed: :Sharpedo: :Whimsicott: :Kingdra: :Tornadus: :Steelix:
A rain team I have built. I have been experimenting with rain lately i have found a few things about rain which allowed me to make this fun team.
Politoed is sadly a necessity on rain rain dance damp rock is just to ineffective. The idea of this team is while playing vs a sharpedo with another rain team I noticed that sharpedo is really hard to handle in rain especially for offensive teams. the rain jacks up its flip turn/liqudation to absurd levels achieving ohkos or 2hkos vs pokemon you would normally barely miss out :heracross:, :crobat:, :raikou: and many more. Whimsicotts role compression on this team is incredibly important it is able to check opposing :sharpedo: :Zarude: :Regidrago: :raikou: :seismitoad:and act as a decent pivot in generall. My other :Sharpedo: checks :politoed: and :kingdra: are susceptible to being warn down introducing the whimsicott. :Kingdra: is a phenomenal rain abuser it's stabs alone are hard to swap into than you factor in rain its speed, in rain its power, coverage in hurricane. :Tornadus: is another terrifying wallbreaker in rain Nasty plot Hurricane and now in rain a 100% accurate weather ball for pokemon like :Rhyperior: and :stakataka: :Tornadus: is actually able to hit it's attacks. :Steelix: i have found to be really good on rain its defensive utility is highly valuable in a volt switch immunity Ability to check :togekiss: further helped by rain cutting into flamethrowers and other fire moves power. It can actually serve as a check to pokemon like :incineroar: in rain. :Steelix: ability to check these threats along with many more using its absurd physical bulk has made it a pivotal member of the team

https://pokepast.es/60be2621cc5e3b7a

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/6434e81afd2cd6c3

:ribombee: :necrozma: :mimikyu: :cobalion: :xurkitree: :lucario:

double fighting webs. idk if it's that fundamentally solid -- no elec immune, for instance -- but hey that's offense for you. it's p effective at overwhelming teams with the two fighters, especially when they use shaky fighting checks like noivern, seis, gastro. also golis just loses to cobalion, for instance. the fighting types are really good and webs takes away some counterplay, such as scarf shao/xurk not being able to revenge cobalion

i got reqs with it for zyg-10 test and won some ru / tours room stuff with it recently, which doesnt say a ton but at least makes me feel like i've tested it enough.

dont run into trick room LOL it's so annoying

edit: lead scarf xurk can be annoying, so i added 56 spdef to necrozma so that it always lives one +1 Tbolt

https://pokepast.es/54a1ee64ed3fddeb - Bulky Rain Team
Barraskewda icon
- Barraskewda hits like a truck and liquidation is very easy to spam so long as the other team isn't running a water immunity. The EVs I run for it allow it to out speed Raikou out of Rain. The rest is to live priority hits a bit better.
Noivern icon
- Noivern is a great partner thanks to the great speed tier and being able to spam Hurricane in Rain; its also a great check to Volcanion and Seismitoad. I ran a bulkier spread + roost so its easier to keep it in the game longer so you can spam Hurricane + U-Turn throughout the game. The EV spread out speeds Raikou.
Roserade icon
- Roserade takes advantage of the fire resistance Rain provides while also taking advantage of the Weather Ball boost Rain provides. It is also a great spiker that opens up doors for Barraskewda to sweep easier with liquidation.
Togekiss icon
- Togekiss is a wonderful wish passer and a great check to Mienshao.
Registeel icon
- Registeel is a big SPDF wall that takes advantage of Rain in two ways: Fire Resistance + Thunder (which is used to surprise any mons weak to it.)
Politoed icon
- You know what it does.

https://pokepast.es/46c46f46cf54739e - Semi-Bulky Rain Team

Same as the first team but with more offensive pressure. Crobat over Togekiss, Max Speed Rose + Noivern, and Drop-A-Draco over Roost on Noivern.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:quagsire::runerigus::umbreon::pyukumuku::crobat::togedemaru:

fun stall team i used to get reqs. im not entirely sure what i built around but ill explain the interesting ideas on it. runerigus was theorymonned by someone on ru disc a week back ish i think, it is a mienshao counter as it steals the regen and has rocks and tspikes for chip, it also beats guts users like obstagoon and heracross thanks to rest. pyukumuku was added as a rain counter and a stall v stall tool, it forms a great core with haze quagsire as they beat nearly all set-up sweepers together. special crobat was used in order to deal with lucario and togekiss while providing hazard control, although it isn't super necessary all the time. i used toxic umbreon in order to beat np togekisses, while also providing a cleric and a polteageist counter. lastly i added togedemaru for wish support and a toxtricity counter. in order to have some form of item removal on the team i decided to use thief and fling as the two last slots, so i can steal items like lefties and boots, while also being able to get rid of choiced items or black sludges. the team is fun, give it a whirl.

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Hi, I'm here today to present teams ive used on the ladder and seen some success with on the ladder also I am still fairly new to RU so sorry if some of These teams are bad anyway lets hop into it.
:pangoro:dbwylh4-af2416f3-e555-4875-8857-06e5eff2e911.png:bronzong: :xurkitree: :Flygon: :golurk:
For the first team which was my first ever team I wated to go with anoffensives but balanced core and this core wouod end up being pangoro and alolan ninetales. Pangoro is a great physical breaker with choice band and alolan ninetales provides a lot of support with aurora veil as it allows pangoro and the rest of the team to take damage but not too much damage. I added bronzong as its a very good hazard setter and its bulk allows it take strong knock offs from strong mons and with its ability heatproof it takes basically no damage from fire moves,next we have Xurkitree I really like Xurkitree as it offers speed control and volt switch allows it to do some awsome stab pivots. Flygon is the next mon I added mainly because I wanted a hazard setter that wasnt weak/vulnerable to mianshaos stone edges and I felt like Flygon fit that role perfectly and plus it makes it so pangoro isnt the only mon that can hit steelix. Last but not least we have golurk I wanted to add more physical attackers on the team and a mon i felt fit that roll was golurk because of its amazing attack stat which allows it to dish out tons of damage especially when its banded. Thanks for reading I'm too lazy to write about my other teams so I'm just gonna leave the pokepaste to them.

My first RU trick room team: https://pokepast.es/0ec1634e8e17e0a8
Psychic terrian offense: https://pokepast.es/0fe371384f92e2a5
Random team i made that I never used lol: https://pokepast.es/99767f7ad6e9c326
Scarfmie semi hail offense: https://pokepast.es/fc85e9b13b9495f2

Last edited:

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
Just wanted to share some teams of mine, hope you enjoy using them!

:Gardevoir::Cobalion::Noivern::Umbreon::Volcanion::Steelix:
Specs Garde https://pokepast.es/c1779828f2d13126
I really enjoy using Specs Garde, so I made a team around it. Coba switches into steel types and tries to get things like Crobat, Noivern, and Togekiss para'ed. Volcanion also helps against steels, but is mainly there to soften up water types and Noivern. This allows Garde to break and sweep easier. Feel free to make Garde scarf if you want a bit more speed. Screech is used on Umbreon instead of Heal Bell to deal with Reun.
:Ninjask::Lucario::Polteageist::Druddigon::Xurkitree::Metagross:
WP Ninjask HO https://pokepast.es/49374469210a17ff
I saw this cool Ninjask set on ladder and wanted to build with it. I also wanted to try lead druddigon and cosmic power gross on HO. Druddigon did surprisingly well, gross often just slowed down the pace of the team. I have been wanting to try WP gross with this team, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Everything else is fairly standard.
:Xurkitree::Durant::Crobat::Celebi::Incineroar::Seismitoad:
Durant Xurk Offense https://pokepast.es/0b05083c643270ce
wanted to try electric pivot + durant. I really like this team, probs my fav team out of these bunch. I choose xurk over kou because, a. its more fun, b. durant can be unreliable as a breaker sometimes, and c. its easier to pivot around with xurk since it can more directly deal with grounds. Celebi wants to para flyers, open the game up even more for durant.
:Toxicroak::Togekiss::Flygon::Umbreon::Golisopod::Metagross:
Toxicroak Toge https://pokepast.es/9102aabfd141d6c6
I saw VR rank Toxicroak to B+ and was wondering why since I never saw it. Its pretty good in all honesty, its typing and ability give it some unique resistances and immunities. I decided to pair it with NP toge as it could clear steels for it. I thought ProTox gross would be a good fit here to cripple bulky waters. You could then go into Toxicroak right after. I invested a bit more sdef to tank hits better.
:Crobat::Ninetales-Alola::Arctozolt::Flygon::Sharpedo::Golisopod:
NP Crobat Hail https://pokepast.es/537f00e240f75d5d
I wanted to test out NP crobat and as I was building I realized that it can take down a lot of Arctozolt's checks. I threw on Flygon since I really like it on hail teams and then I had two slots left. I really had no clue what to put here in all honesty but I went with a Specs Sharpedo and a Golispod. So the idea is that Arcto, Flygon, and Crobat weaken everything up and Sharpedo can finish it all of with dark pulse. Golispod was put on to switch into steels consistently.
:Decidueye::Xurkitree::Crobat::metagross::Flygon::Cobalion:
Decidueye Xurkitree Volturn https://pokepast.es/d44cc0c3ef4c5410
Although this is a slower Volturn core it still is effective. The Decidueye spread is meant to survive 2HKO from kou shadow ball. Itemless flygon helps against opposing ghosts and SD coba is brought to take advantage of Umbreon who can otherwise give this team issues.
:Reuniclus::Gastrodon::Sylveon::Talonflame::Registeel::Heracross:
CM Reun Bulky Balance https://pokepast.es/3b671138ea335761
When building this team I mainly wanted to test CM LO Thunder Reun and Boots Hera. Both are very good sets and I would recommend them. I then slapped a bulky defensive core on it. This team is a little slow so keep that in mind when playing. Strong ghosts also can be a concern, so you could run itemless Reun if that becomes too much of an issue.
:Pangoro::Necrozma::Raikou::Talonflame::Decidueye::Steelix:
FS Necrozma + Goro https://pokepast.es/bcebb69938b87507
I wanted to test a defensive Necrozma set and thought it would be a good idea to run Future Sight. I found that Pangoro was the best Fighting Type Partner because Umbreon and Incin often switched in on it, and Pangoro has a 4x resistance to foul play or knock off respectively so it could switch in without worry.
:Ninetales-Alola::Arctozolt::Indeedee::Starmie::Cobalion::Porygon2:
Psyterrain + Hail https://pokepast.es/31ee76bdf8f2a456
This team isn't exactly good though I wanted to share the concept. The idea is that you set up hail, go into indeedee, take the hit and eject button out, and go into Arctozolt. This way your opponent can not stop Arcto through priority. The issue is that, there are other ways to deal with Arcto outside of priority attacks. And since Alolatails and Indeede are kinda useless outside the niche role, its hard to get around those other ways. Then also dealing with Porygon's uselessness is tough for this team. It should be UR
:Quagsire::Umbreon::Registeel::Weezing-Galar::Suicune::Xatu:
Suicune Stall https://pokepast.es/54843d9b741a721c
Pretty standard stall build, the only mildly interesting part is Suicune since its not typically seen on these teams. I choose is because a. its faster than toge so NP isn't as much of a pain in the butt b. as a wincon just incase I need to end the game and c. to relieve pressure on quag.

Last edited:
:ss/Celebi: :ss/Chandelure: :ss/Cobalion: :ss/Togekiss: :ss/Umbreon: :ss/Flygon:
https://pokepast.es/47e2c496056345de

Hi RU, I'm usually a UU main but I've enjoyed using Celebi in this tier a lot with this team, and I was just recently able to break 1500 on the ladder using it, so I thought it'd be worth sharing :) Celebi and Chandelure make a fantastic pairing of special offense, while Cobalion eats the Dark type moves they don't like taking and provides rocks and pivoting. Togekiss is the physically bulky hazard remover for the team. Umbreon keeps the team healthy and un-statused while staving off special threats and setup. Finally, Scarf Flygon acts as an excellent pivot and cleaner. I hope you enjoy the team if you use it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)