RTM - The Suicide Rush

I'm playing Pokémon Showdown for while, and I built this team...It was very effective, winning rate around 75%~80%...BUT I'm trying to apply the same team (except for Typhlosion for while) to POKÉMON Y, and I'm facing MANY difficulties to get all the right Pokémons with the right Hidden Powers, so any help is welcome!

It's called Suicide Rush 'cause it's focused on Speed and it's kind of ultra-offensive (no tank, no breaktime, all-in way life haha)...Usually battles finish on 20 to 30 turns, if it takes more than that, I probably lose...

Thank u!

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Surf

Starmie is the counter of many different types, I like to use her to "surprise" opponents switching to it facing pokémons like Gyarados, or some electric-weak pokémons. Obviously, it's my counter against fire-types. The Ice Beam does not a make a great impact on Dragons, but it has its chance to Freeze...Sometimes I have to believe on it.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Shock Wave

Usually open with him. Psychic does a lot of damage to anyone (not-psychic resistant), Shadow ball counters another psychic-type, Shockwave deal with some water or flying types (but it's not strong enough), and the Hidden Power Fire is a good option against steel/grass types, normally people expect Alakazam with Hidden Power Ice.

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- Night Slash
- Close Combat

Zangoose gives the name of my team. Toxic Orb+Toxic Boost makes Facade do A LOT of damage. Night Slash to counter Ghost/Psychic Types. Quick Attack to do the last hit when needed, and Close Combat when things go desperate.

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Typhlosion is my late game sweeper. Eruption does a LOT of damage. Basically, I use that due the Choice Scarf single picking. Sometimes I try to surprise with the Hidden Power Rock. I'm really thinking about change Fire Blast to Earthquake...

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

Garchomp follows the good-'n-old Choice Band Outrage. Normally it can KO two pokémons, unless when he faces some Ice Shard or faster dragons...Earthquake has its value too, but I rarely use it, since the outrage usually does all the job.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolteon goes for speed! Thunderbolt+Choice Specs really solve a lot of problems...Shadow ball surprises Ghost/Psychic types. Signal Beam does its work on countering, and Hidden Power Ice to when face some dragons...

Hope this time I'm following the rules...

Thank u guys!

Last edited:
If you're going for all out offense, I'd switch out alakazam's sash for a life orb, it will give him the extra force without the nasty recoil thanks to magic guard. As for integrating it into Pokemon X/Y...ho boy, I'm probably more lost than you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)