Gen 1 Royally Offensive Royalty (Non-Trade-Evolving Pokemon)

Nidoqueen - Exeggutor - Jolteon - Taorus - Kabutops - Moltres
"The Queen" "Dr. Eggman" "Blitzkrieg" "Barcelona" "Altomare" "Phoenix"
This is my team for my old RBY cartridge games. Since it's increasingly difficult to trade with GBC/GBA systems, this is the team I use for them as I can't have Pokemon like Machamp, Gengar and Alakazam.

Nidoqueen: Ground/Poison
Exeggutor: Grass/Psychic
Jolteon: Electric
Tauros: Normal
Kabutops: Water/Rock
Moltres: Fire/Flying

Type: Weakness / Resistance
Normal: 0 / 1
Fighting: 2 / 3
Flying: 1 / 2
Poison: 1 / 2
Ground: 3 / 2
Rock: 1 / 1
Bug: 1 / 2
Ghost: 1 / 1
Steel: 0 / 2
Fire: 1 / 2
Water: 2 / 1
Grass: 1 / 2
Electric: 2 / 3
Psychic: 1 / 1
Ice: 2 / 1
Dragon: 0 / 0

"The Queen" the Nidoqueen
Earthquake / Blizzard / Thunder / Body Slam

Normally I would choose Nidoking over Nidoqueen, as Nidoking has higher offenses (albeit lower defenses) and is considered the better of the two. However, since Nido is acting as my lead, I wanted stronger defenses over offenses to hopefully tank one or two more hits from opposing Pokemon. This is Nidoqueen's standard moveset (Thunder over Thunderbolt for more power), allowing her to hit a variety of Pokemon that may oppose her.

"Dr. Eggman" the Exeggutor
Sleep Powder / Psychic / Explosion / Mega Drain

Exeggutor here serves as a great precursor to both Kabutops and Moltres, as its Sleep Powder can buy them time to set up Swords Dance or Agility, respectively. By itself, Exeggutor is one of the stronger Grass-type Pokemon in RGBY. Psychic is its main attacking move, with Mega Drain to regain any lost health (largely useful when the opponent cannot attack due to Sleep), and Explosion if circumstances are dire.

"Blitzkrieg" the Jolteon
Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave / Body Slam / Double Kick

Usually a late-game Pokemon, Jolteon is near the end of this roster. Thunderbolt and Body Slam both have a chance to paralyze, but Thunder Wave can be used if the opponent is a big enough threat. Double Kick for coverage against Normal types. Although Jolteon has lackluster defenses, it's high Special and Speed make it very useful as a late-game Cleaner, although a well-timed Earthquake could send it's HP down in a hurry.

"Barcelona" the Tauros
Body Slam / Hyper Beam / Earthquake / Blizzard

Taorus acts as a late-game sweeper, boasting high attack and speed (and a high critical hit ratio) and decent defenses. Body Slam can paralyze most threats, while Hyper Beam, Earthquake and Blizzard can hit almost all Pokemon for huge HP loss. As fighting Pokemon aren't very common in RGBY, Tauros should be mostly unopposed due to the Normal's type advantage in RGBY.

"Altomare" the Kabutops
Swords Dance / Body Slam / Surf / Hyper Beam

Provided Kabutops has a turn to set up Swords Dance (A sleeping Pokemon left over from Exeggutor being the primary option), it can become a surprisingly good late-game sweeper. Surf hits opposing Ground and Fire type Pokemon hard, while Body Slam can paralyze Kabutop's threats, namely Venusaur and Exeggutor.

"Phoenix" the Moltres
Agility / Fire Spin / Fire Blast / Hyper Beam

Moltres's Agility+Fire Spin combination is deadly in RGBY. When used correctly, Fire Spin can render opponents completely useless, provided Moltres attacks first. Fire Blast helps burn opponents and shatter their offensive capabilities, namely Rhyhorn and Rhydon, while Hyper Beam hits hard on Pokemon that resist fire-type moves.

Hi, a few things stick out to me about this team. Firstly, Nidoqueen and Kabutops aren't really very good at all- Nido has a terrible typing and poor stats and Kabutops has common weaknesses, and is extremely weak without a boost. Secondly, I'm not sure what the team's main game plan is. I don't know whether you're trying to build a team around moltres or jolteon or whatever. There needs to be some form of overarching goal as that distinguishes a team from a collection of good mons. Third is that a Jolteon should never be running Body Slam as Pin Missile's coverage is invariably superior. On a similar note, MD Egg is viable, but imo there are better choices, particularly Stun Spore. Last is that there's no clear plan for paralysis.

I'll start with the lead choice- since you can't use Gengar or Zam, that means the viable leads off the top of my head are Jynx, Starmie and Jolteon. There are a few other niche choices but I won't go there because those 3 are generally better. Personally I like Jynx the most out of those but it's your call, I'm not sure what to suggest because I don't know what your team is about.

Next is Kabutops, and I strongly suggest replacing it with Snorlax. Snorlax is invaluable as it gives your team a reliable offensive presence and also a better plan for paralysis. Meanwhile, its good bulk and lack of relevant weaknesses mean that it can patch a whole bunch of things defensively.

Lastly, I recommend dropping either Moltres or Jolteon for either Chansey or Alakazam. I'm not saying those are required for a team, as I've used teams that are similar to this one that had neither of them, but that kind of build requires a very specific playstyle and still has a few weaknesses. Chansey is a great glue mon that is able to check literally any special attacker in the game, while also being a good paralysis absorber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)