Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Standard set up with Spikes, also has some bulkiness in addition to Rocky Helmet. Should be able to stall for a while. Brave Bird is there if I ever need it.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Tyranitar to set up sandstorm and become a huge wall. Pursuit to catch off any psychic pokemon swapping out, crunch/stone edge for STAB. Possibly swap out Crunch?

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit / Quick Attack
- Brick Break

Massive hitter with priority Bullet Punch, very powerful U-Turn as well. Easily takes out enemies in 2 hits. Great stats all around aside from speed.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Not entirely sure about running Garchomp, but also acts as another huge physical sweeper. Boosted with Swords Dance and you're ready to go. Possibly Outrage instead?

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Not 100% sure about Mamoswine anymore, didn't really know what to fill in this spot. Advice? Or should I keep him?

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

AntiSpinner, stalls for days and can apply burn through two sources. Great bulkiness and can heal up any problems with recover and Leftovers. Not sure if it makes sense in a semi-sand team though.

Just realized I have 4 Physical Attackers.. Damnit. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Ok, your team look pretty bad right now if I must be honest, and I think you need to make a lot of changes.
Firstly, I like the Skarm/Jellicent/Mamoswine core you have. Jellicent and Skarmory cover each other's weaknesses great except for electric, which Mamoswine can easily take. Mamonswine also is not vulnerable to the BoltBeam combination, meaning that he won't leave you with problems against Pokemon such as Thunderous-T. However, there are a few changes I think you should make to your sets. Firstly, I'd recommend Leftovers over Rocky Helmet on Skarmory. While Rocky Helmet can provide nice residual damage, the utility Leftovers provides is much more important, as it allows Skarmory to slowly recover damage, as well as live hits it normally wouldn't be able to live. With Mamonswine, I'd use Life Orb, as it gives him the power he needs to hit Pokemon hard. Also, a Jolly Nature with 252 Atk / 252 Spe would better suit Mamoswine, as it would allow it to outspeed threats such as Heatran and Adament Lucario.
The other members, however, I'd replace. Since nothing on your team appreciates Pursuit support from Tyranitar, I'd say that you'd better fill that spot with a better Scarfer. I'd recommend taking you Garchomp and making it a Scarf set, as it's powerful, fast, and can usually do massive damage to you opponent's team. Next, CB Scizor is an extremely odd choice, as you have no other U-Turn/Volt Switch users to pair up with him. Since your team looks a little weak to fire, I'd recommend Heatran, preferably Offensive, as it hits like a truck and can usually sponge some attacks, too. Finally, Nasty Plot Celebi sounds like a great final partner. Not only does she round out your Fire/Water/Grass core, but she's able to hit super hard, and, like Heatran, has no problem sponging powerful hits.

Recommended changes:
Skarmory: Rocky Helmet --> Leftovers
Mamonswine: Leftovers --> Life Orb
Mamoswine: Adamant --> Jolly
Mamoswine: 252 HP --> 252 Spe
Choice Scarfed Tyranitar --> Choice Scarf Garchomp
Choice Band Scizor --> Offensive Heatran
Swords Dance Garchomp --> Nasty Plot Celebi

Hope this helps! :D

Ok, your team look pretty bad right now if I must be honest, and I think you need to make a lot of changes.
Firstly, I like the Skarm/Jellicent/Mamoswine core you have. Jellicent and Skarmory cover each other's weaknesses great except for electric, which Mamoswine can easily take. Mamonswine also is not vulnerable to the BoltBeam combination, meaning that he won't leave you with problems against Pokemon such as Thunderous-T. However, there are a few changes I think you should make to your sets. Firstly, I'd recommend Leftovers over Rocky Helmet on Skarmory. While Rocky Helmet can provide nice residual damage, the utility Leftovers provides is much more important, as it allows Skarmory to slowly recover damage, as well as live hits it normally wouldn't be able to live. With Mamonswine, I'd use Life Orb, as it gives him the power he needs to hit Pokemon hard. Also, a Jolly Nature with 252 Atk / 252 Spe would better suit Mamoswine, as it would allow it to outspeed threats such as Heatran and Adament Lucario.
The other members, however, I'd replace. Since nothing on your team appreciates Pursuit support from Tyranitar, I'd say that you'd better fill that spot with a better Scarfer. I'd recommend taking you Garchomp and making it a Scarf set, as it's powerful, fast, and can usually do massive damage to you opponent's team. Next, CB Scizor is an extremely odd choice, as you have no other U-Turn/Volt Switch users to pair up with him. Since your team looks a little weak to fire, I'd recommend Heatran, preferably Offensive, as it hits like a truck and can usually sponge some attacks, too. Finally, Nasty Plot Celebi sounds like a great final partner. Not only does she round out your Fire/Water/Grass core, but she's able to hit super hard, and, like Heatran, has no problem sponging powerful hits.

Recommended changes:
Skarmory: Rocky Helmet --> Leftovers
Mamonswine: Leftovers --> Life Orb
Mamoswine: Adamant --> Jolly
Mamoswine: 252 HP --> 252 Spe
Choice Scarfed Tyranitar --> Choice Scarf Garchomp
Choice Band Scizor --> Offensive Heatran
Swords Dance Garchomp --> Nasty Plot Celebi

Hope this helps! :D
Sorry for the late reply! I'll test out and report back, thanks so much for the in depth response! :)

Oh! Is there any other specific reasoning towards Celebi/Heatran other than type disadvantages? I was also thinking about running this team on my DS, so Celebi might be hard to get :P

Are there any other alternatives that would fit well? I've played against/with Heatrans and absolutely love 'em as well. Are there any other similar pokemon that fit its role too?

Sorry for the late reply! I'll test out and report back, thanks so much for the in depth response! :)

Oh! Is there any other specific reasoning towards Celebi/Heatran other than type disadvantages? I was also thinking about running this team on my DS, so Celebi might be hard to get :P

Are there any other alternatives that would fit well? I've played against/with Heatrans and absolutely love 'em as well. Are there any other similar pokemon that fit its role too?
The three main reasons for running them are for type coverage, a solid core that can resist common attacking type, and the fact that your team needs more special attacker.

Unfortunately, the only other Grass type who could play Celebi's role is Shaymin, who is equally hard to get. If you do have access to Shaymin, though, go for a more bulky attacker spread over Nasty Plot. Your other option is Virizion. While it's not as strong as the two previously mentioned, it does have access to Calm Mind, meaning it's a pretty decent booster. Not only that, but it provides you with a nice fighting STAB to take advantage of. However, make sure you at least try to obtain Celebi over Wi-fi or something, as it's really the best option.

Also, Heatran is a really unique Pokemon in it's typing and versatility. Other Pokemon with similar attributes I can name of the top of my head are Jirachi, Keldeo, the Lati's, Landerous-T, Rotom-W, Starmie, Terrakion, and Volcarona. However, I'd recommend giving the other Pokemon I mentioned a try first, as the might better suit your needs.

The three main reasons for running them are for type coverage, a solid core that can resist common attacking type, and the fact that your team needs more special attacker.

Unfortunately, the only other Grass type who could play Celebi's role is Shaymin, who is equally hard to get. If you do have access to Shaymin, though, go for a more bulky attacker spread over Nasty Plot. Your other option is Virizion. While it's not as strong as the two previously mentioned, it does have access to Calm Mind, meaning it's a pretty decent booster. Not only that, but it provides you with a nice fighting STAB to take advantage of. However, make sure you at least try to obtain Celebi over Wi-fi or something, as it's really the best option.

Also, Heatran is a really unique Pokemon in it's typing and versatility. Other Pokemon with similar attributes I can name of the top of my head are Jirachi, Keldeo, the Lati's, Landerous-T, Rotom-W, Starmie, Terrakion, and Volcarona. However, I'd recommend giving the other Pokemon I mentioned a try first, as the might better suit your needs.
Thanks so much for the help, I'll definitely give all of this a try. Really appreciate it!

Read the rules; your descriptions aren't good enough. Seeing as you necroed this after 11 days I'll just lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)