RMT - Not a fan of weather.

I really don't like the Weather teams much, but this is the team i'm running in BW2 and while I haven't done a lot of competitive battling, what I have played, i've had a lot of success with.

Dragonite @ Leftovers, Ability: Multiscale
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe, Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
My lead is Dragonite, as more of a safety scout than anything else. Multiscale gives his a lot more hit-taking ability, and gives the opportunity to have a Dragon Dance before unleashing outrage, assuming that I outspeed my opponent. Fire Punch is to take care of anyone who leads a steel/grass type like Skarmory, Venusaur or Ferrothron, and Extremespeed is to hit anyone who outpaces me.

Infernape @ Choice Band, Ability: Iron Fist
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe, Nature: Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch
Infernape comes in to mop up anything that isn't quite dead yet. With his ultra speed, and boost in power from Iron Fist, I can outspeed nearly everything and hurt. I wouldn't bring him in on a Psychic, but even if I did, most Psychics are a bit too frail to stand up to a Flare Blitz. Good thing is, with that speed, I can switch him back in on any Pokemon there to exploit his weaknesses, with Flare Blitz for the aforementioned Psychics and Thunderpunch for Water/Flying. The true clean-up expert.

Lucario @ Life Orb, Ability: Justified
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd, Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Standard Swords Dance sweeper set - Went with Ice Punch instead of Bullet Punch, etc as the last move as he helps give much more coverage against the numerous Dragon Types one might come across. As soon as Lucario is able to lay down at least one Swords Dance, it is about to get very real for any pokemon facing it. When importing THIS Lucario into XY, i'll probably switch Life Orb for the Lucariorite(?) and go mega. But for now, he's just a heavy hitter should I need to call on his powers.

Scizor @ Choice Band, Ability: Technician
200 HP/56 Atk/252 SpD, Nature: Adamant
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Standard Scizor set, Scizor is my switch-in power hitter. You've all seen him before, you know what you're getting. He gives a bit of coverage against Psychic types, but we all know what a powerhouse Scizor is/can be. Once I can bring him over to XY, i'll consider making him Mega-Evolve but i'll have to reseach the implications of that later. Alongside Lucario, he's my other Bash Brother... Standard powerhouse set that does exactly what you'd expect from it.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb, Ability: Thick Fat
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe, Nature: Adamant
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower
Mamoswine is my BOY. He's my favourite Pokemon. He's the one to come in and stomp any physical walls, and his moves are specifically designed to OHKO/2HKO most of the common threats in OU, while being able to take a decent hit at the same time. Ice Shard is a Dragon/Flying killer. I chose to put Superpower in there rather than Stealth Rock... Like I said, i'm not a player who likes to muck around with weather, placing rocks or spikes, or any of that. I'd prefer to just smack the opponent in the face, as hard as I possible can.

Zoroark @ Life Orb, Ability: Illusion
200 Atk/92 SpA/216 Spe, Nature: Naughty
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Night Daze
Now, you may think to this point that my team is a little bit weak to Psychic types and/or Ghosts like Gengar, and you'd be right. That's where Z comes in. Using Illusion, and by careful team setup, I like to play dirty and trick the opponent into thinking i'm using a Fighting type and sucker them in to bringing out a Psychic/Ghost type, then STAB them with Sucker Punch. Life-Orb boosted, it puts a huge dent in most switch ins and will pick off a lot of weakend sweepers.

Basically, I was considering adding a Defensive Spiker in Chesnaught as a lead once Pokebank opens, but other than that, any thoughts on this? I'm not a big fan of doing the whole 'weather' thing, I just like to get in there and start swinging. I'd appreciate any advice.

Last edited:
I can't help but notice that you don't actually have any defensive core which in my opinion is a massive flaw in itself, however if you are going for a Hyper Offensive team you could try and use a Pokémon that can use both Light Screen and Reflect in order to help your other Pokémon to set up for a sweep with relative ease. Another idea would to have a Pokémon that can use the move Stealth Rock as that is always nice to get rid of the item Focus Sash, the abilities Sturdy and Multiscale and lastly it can help secure kills that otherwise wouldn't be achievable.

My Changes:

Dragonite (M / F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Attacks / 212 Speeds
Adamant Nature (+Attack, -Special Attack)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Fire Punch

Although your Dragonite set is perfectly fine, this is just another option that I would suggest, it adds a little bulk to your team which is needed but it also sticks to the Dragon Dance set you were going for.

Infernape (M / F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 64 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 192 Speed
Naive Nature (+Speed, -Special Defense)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast / Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power Ice

Again, your set is fine for the most part, however Infernape's Dream World Ability has not been released yet and therefore cannot be used competitively, also you already have a Pokémon that is using Choice Band, so it makes sense to swap out the Choice Band for a Choice Scarf and turn your Infernape into a highly threatening and versatile revenge killer!

Lucario (M / F)
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attacks / 252 Speeds
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Lucario is a very good sweeper, however it lacks defensive stats to allow it to set up safely, because of this you will need to rely on cause an opponent to switch in order to set up a Swords Dance. Another option with to consider my suggestion about getting a Pokémon that knows both Light Screen and Reflect to allow Lucario and your other team members to set up safer. My reasons for choosing Inner Focus over Justified is because Dark type moves aren't all too common is the OU meta-game in my experience, also Dark moves generally don't threaten your team by any means, however feel free to use Justified over Inner Focus if you please, this is just my personal preference.

Scizor (M / F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Attacks / 8 Speeds
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This is more or less the standard set, not sure why your set has maxed out Special Defense yet next to no investment in Scizor's impressive Attack stat, despite being a Choice Band set which is all about punching holes in the opponents teams and keeping pressure high. Other than the EVs though, your set was fine as it was.

Mamoswine (M / F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Attacks / 4 Defenses / 252 Speeds
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Espeon (M / F) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Defenses / 252 Speeds
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Espeon is a fantastic support Pokémon with the ability Magic Bounce which allows for status moves and entry hazards to be reflected right back at your opponent, so if played right, Espeon can be an invaluable team member and a brilliant dual screen-er. In the last slot, Hidden Power Fire is also an option if you are finding it difficult to deal with Ferrothorn and / or Forretress. I chose Baton Pass though as it prevents you from losing your Espeon to being trapped by Pursuit which lets it support your teams more in the long run.

Also, if you do insist on using Zoroark over the dual screens Espeon set I have provided I would recommend this set:

Zoroark (M / F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 4 Attacks / 252 Special Attacks / 252 Speeds
Naive Nature (+Speed, -Special Defense)
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch

Grass Knot is another option over Flamethrower if you feel you need a way to beat bulky Water type Pokémon such as Suicune, however Flamethrower allows for Herracross to be dealt with as well as Brongzong and Ferrothorn on top on other Steel, Grass and / or Bug types that my give you issues.

I never thought of using Espeon... I'll definitely be interested in bringing it out. I love the idea of what you posted in setup for it.

Also leading with Espeon would save Dragonite until later, which is interesting.

Will definitely get on board with what you said about Scizor and Infernape as well - My mistake on the ability; he actually has Blaze. I must have just been reading the Smogon page and copied + pasted it wrong. Thanks for the tips!

Glad to be of assistance. If you need any more help and / or advice in the future feel free to send me a message and I will try to get back to you as soon a possible. Also, if you happen to know anything about generation six (X / Y) I would be grateful if you could share what you know as I will be getting a copy of Y and a 3DS XL soon and am completely clueless about the game as I haven't been keeping up with it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)