RMT Mono Gen IV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy and I decided that we were going to have a battle between generations. He picked Gen II and I picked Gen IV. So not only are we handcuffed to strictly Pokemon from those Generations but Pokes that are available in X and Y. So ultimately the Pokemon that are only available through the Pokebank are off limits! (Examples: Infernape and Empoleon)

With that being said, take a look at my mono Gen IV team...and it has a little bit of a hail team feel to it!

Mega Abomasnow (Sorry for not having the mega sprite) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
Leech Seed
Grass Whistle
Protect
Blizzard
Here's my lead. I'll use snow warning to get the hail going. I'll set up leech seed, use grass whistle to force a switch if necessary, use protect to stall and blizzard is my sweeping my move. I figure that when I mega evolve, Abomasnow ends up being quite the bulky Poke, despite many weaknesses.

Mamoswine @ Never Melt Ice
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SpA)
Earthquake
Blizzard
Ice Fang
Rock Slide
You could say that my Mamoswine is a bit of a swpeer. Blizzard and EQ are my sweeping moves while ice fang adds nice STAB and rock slide is a great move that covers my fire weakness.

Togekiss @ Leftoves
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 SpA
Calm Nature (+ SpD, - Atk)
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Dazzling Gleam
Shadow Ball
Yep. Here is my pride and joy. Have fun with this bad boy. He is the ultimate pain in the behind. Thunder wave will slow down every Poke, air slash will cause flinching just about every single time thanks to serene grace, dazzling gleam is STAB and a great dragon slaying move, and shadow ball adds nice coverage.

Rotom-H @ ??? NOT SURE
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature (+ SpD, - Atk)
Overheat
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Will-o-Wisp
This guy helps me if someone decides to throw in a fire type. Rotom-H should be able to absorb the play from any fire type. Also, Rotom-H gives me coverage against flying types. Overheat is a great STAB over, thunderbolt is a must have, volt switch is one of the best moves in the game and will-o-wisp is just there to cause even more frustration for my opponent.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Hasty Nature (- Def, + Spe)
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Lucario is probably the best Pokemon from Gen IV. Swords Dance is a must have, extreme speed is his signature move, close combat gives great STAB and dragon pulse adds some nice coverage. Thoughts?

Floatzel @ ??? NOT SURE
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spe / 60 Def / 196 Atk
Jolly
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Low Kick
Bulk Up
I'm not completely sold on this guy! Because I'm handcuffed to Gen IV, I figured that Floatzel adds coverage and gives me speed. Aqua Jet is a great move, Waterfall adds STAB, Low Kick gives coverage and Bulk Up sets it all up. However like I said, I am not 100 percent sold on him.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'm locking this thread for the following reasons :
- you posted in the wrong subforum (this is a XY team, even if you're using pokemons from DPP)
- your descriptions lack content

If you want your team to be rated, read more carefully the rules, post in the correct subforum and beef up your descriptions a bit.
Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)