RMT I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Smogoners!

I don't want to spend a lot of time doing this(I'm not even sure this is how to do it) lol!

So I made up a team of pokemon focused around the new most popular pokemon! Now some of you may not know what this pokemon is.... well, It's ferrothorn! Yup! I've been doing showdown recently and I use this baby a lot!

So hear is my modest team!

1. Ferrothorn!!!!

Well, this is my usual lead poke:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Curse
- Bullet Seed

The way I start really depends on the pokemon my opponent sends out, if it is the ever so popular politoed, then I'll usually be able to OHKO with a bullet seed! The same goes for other popular weather leads like Tyranitar and Hippowdon!

If it is a powerful fire type, like Blaziken, Infernape, ninetales(fire team), then I opt for either a protect or leech seed, the leech seed not be that common. OR I will switch to my chandelier or Heatran.

Chandelure is next!

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Flash fire lets it take the fire attacks that Ferrothorn has so much trouble with! But the rest I thought... I wanted coverage for the water weakness that chandelier has, so I picked energy ball! Nothing really big, flamethrower and shadow ball as stab, and Pain split to help it last longer!

3. Hydreigon- my anti-ghost and psychic, and ground

now I thought of the pokemon with the most immunities and it was hydreigon!

I'll stop giving pictures....

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost

So Hydreigon is really just going to switch in on psychics, ghosts, and grounds, especially tyranitar! Decided to give it Draco Meteor for stab, Dark pulse to get rid of ghost/psychic, surf as additional coverage, since I wanted extra insurance against fire!

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance

I love Breloom, try not to make me change him, he is another anti-water and This set is awesome, allowing me to beat down other tanks with swords dance mach punch, and bullet seed will be able to OHKO most water types

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Earth Power
- Iron Head
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Well I decided that I couldn't have enough Water checks, and I added Iron head for extra Dragon coverage in case Ferrothorn gets taken out, and Earth Power for poison, Rock, electric, and extra fire coverage!

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Now mew is totally out of place on this team, I used him for coverage against physical tanks, I wanted extra water, and dragon checks, as well as a psychic for fighting types that give me trouble, I almost wanted to put U-turn on, but I had a psychic immunity, so what the heck?

I know my team is bad, I mean, none of my teams were very good, but please help me!

Looks like you need to learn the game more but oh well. lol xD

You should add dem pics lest you want this be locked. Anyway, before this gets locked...

You lack entry hazards which hurts this teams potential a lot, I suggest using this Ferrothonr set:

IVs : NaN Spe
-Spikes / Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Gyro Ball

This is your Ferrothorn set tweaked a little bit, Spikes is the preffered hazard for Ferrothorn since Heatran can easily set up SR. But for some reason that you do not want SR on Heatran, Ferrothron should use it over Spikes. Gyro Ball so Ferrothorn could smack things around.

I suggest this set to for Chandelure:

Chandelure @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Pain Split
- Substitute

Hp Fighting so Chandelure won't be helpless against opposing Hydreigon ; water types are hit hard enough by Shadow Ball anyway. The deal with this set is to use Subsitute on a forced switch(like against Ferrothorn) and smack whatever comes in. Timid Nature is a good alternative on LO set. Always use Pain Split and Life Orb together.

Hydreigon: Move the HP EVs to Speed. Hydreigon needs to outspeed stuff ; you might want Life Orb over Leftovers.

Breloom: Effect Spore --> Technician

gg

Heatran needs some changes too.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Stealth Rock / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature as Heatran appreciates the extra speed. There's no point of using Lava Plume in a set like this, so Fire Blast gets the nod. Heatran has a lot of choices for the fourth slot but Stealth Rock should always be used unless Ferrothorn has it already, if not Taunt is pretty useful to stop entry hazards and works for stallbreaking or as a utility counter and finally Will-O-Wisp, that is to cripple physical attackers like Terrakion.

Mew is pretty out of place there and one glance at your team, it fares poorly against powerful special attackers like Keldeo and Alakazam, but there is a Pokémon that can handle them and forms excellent synergy with your team. I present you... THE KING!!!

Slowking(M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Dragon Tail / Thunder Wave / Flamethrower
-Slack Off

Just the standard Slowking spread here. Scald for burn which makes physical attackers think twice before switching in. Psyshock is mandatory here as your team is Keldeo-weak. Slack Off helps Slowking stay in prime condition through out the match. The last move is a toss-up, pick one that suits you the best. Dragon Tail is the best option here as it scouts switch-ins and rack up residual damage, works best with Spikes support. Thunder Wave is a good move here too as your team is pretty slow. Or Flamethrower, to fry the incoming Scizor among other things.

That's all :)

Last edited:
Read the rules please, your descriptions aren't good enough. PM me with improved descriptions and I'll unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)