RMT - Fairly new player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I'm a pretty big noob and have just started to play competitive pokemon in Pokemon Showdown. I really have no idea how good my current OU team is as I have been bouncing around the 1300 point mark. \

I know I have alot of weaknesses to electric so I was thinking of adding ground type but I really don't know. Should I switch my roserade? Any recommendations/criticism is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Skarmory
EVs: 224 HP - 4 Defense -252 SP.DEF.

Roost
Whirwind
Bravebird
Spikes

Item: Leftovers

I usually start with this unless I see a lot of fire or thunder types on the other side. I usually just set up spikes and whirlwind while roosting when appropiate. I find that he can be slow and can get 2HKO while only putting up one set of spikes. He sometimes works out well and he sometimes doesn't.

Alakazam EVs: 4 HP - 252 SP.Atk - 252 Spd

Psychic
Substitute
Hidden Power Ice
Signal Beam

Item: Life Orb

Alakazam is my main sweeper and he has a decent coverage in my opinion. With a bug, ice and psychic type I feel I can sweep many pokemon. I don't really use substitute often though.

Salamence EVs: 252 Atk - 4 Sp.Atk - 252 Sp.Def.

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Item: Lum Berry

Salamence is another of my sweepers and can help me bring a very grim situation to a good one where I can turn a 1v4 to win with my sword dance and outrage. I have to be careful while using him though. I also sometimes lead with Salamence so I am able to get off some free Dragon Dances while their wall sets up traps and buffs.

Alomomola Evs: 104 HP - 252 Def - 152 Sp.Def.

Protect
Toxic
Wish
Waterfall

Item: Leftovers

I love this Pokemon even though is not in OU. When I find a Pokemon that is sweeping my other Pokemon, I just toxic stall with protect. I also use wish to restore some Pokemon. He is my go to staller and I sometimes bring him out second after Skarmory

Infernape Evs: 252 Atk - 4 Sp.Def. - 252 Spd

Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
U-turn

Item: Choice Band

Just another sweeper where I hope to 1HK0. I'm not sure about the choice band however. I don't really know about this Pokemons place in my team

Roserade Evs: 4 Hp - 252 Sp.Atk. - 252 Spd

Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Synthesis
Leaf Storm

Item: Life Orb

I don't really know about this Pokemon either. I find it pretty useful with sleep and STAB moves but I usually use it last when it is the only option or just switching it out against water Pokemon or grass

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)