RMT Archive & Showcase nomination thread [Other Teams edition]

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hello and welcome to the Generation 7 Other Teams RMT nomination thread!

Here, you're free to nominate any SM Other Teams RMTs that you feel deserve a spot in the RMT Archive. Here are the kind of teams that we are looking for when building the archive:
  • Teams that introduced a new strategy that became widely popular. Example: this team was responsible for making Assist Liepard a well-known strategy.
  • Teams that represent the best build for a popular archetype during a given period of the metagame. Example: this team was one of the best stall teams of BW UU.
  • Teams that have been proven to be especially successful. Example: this team was extremely successful during UU Open.
You are also welcome to nominate any RMTs that you feel deserve a spot in the Team Showcase forum. If you see a team that you think should be showcased, simply post it in this thread with brief reasoning. Some are more obvious than others so a single sentence works (i.e. tournament winning teams), but otherwise just a couple of lines works. The bar for showcasing teams is lower than for archiving them, but they should still be excellently presented and have some degree of success, such as tour or ladder achievements, as a minimum requirement.

-------------------

With that said, I'd like to lay down a few ground rules:
  • DO NOT BANDWAGON
    • Only one person can nominate a certain team.
    • There's no need to post here saying "I agree with this nomination". If I see any of this, your post will be deleted and possibly infracted.
  • JUSTIFY YOUR NOMINATION
    • This is self-explanatory. Explain why you nominated a team in a few sentences.
  • DO NOT NOMINATE YOUR OWN TEAMS
    • Please refrain from posting your own teams. If it deserves a spot, it'll be nominated.
  • DO NOT NOMINATE REJECTED TEAMS
    • Rejected teams can only be nominated again only once, and nominations will need to be backed up by solid reasoning. Nominating rejected teams multiple times will result in an infraction.
-------------------

Here's the format for nominating teams. Failure to follow this format will result in your post being ignored:

Title of the team: Make sure to include a link to the RMT.

For archive or showcase: Specify which forum you're nominating it for.

Justification: Brief summary of why you think the team should be added.

Catalina Wine Mixer

Justification: This team by LaxLapras is perhaps the best and most influential effect on team building in Mix and Mega this generation, particularly for offense. It's experienced success wherever it went, from the mix and mega tournament here to dailies to being one of the most used teams on ladder, and for good reason; it's pretty much the best example of a Pheromosa offense out there. The bad matchups for the team are few and far between, while it's easy to use and allows new players to learn; even in the hands of beginners on ladder it can still be dangerous. The RMT itself is nearly as good as the team as well; it's intuitively set up, has a bunch of solid replays to show how to use it, and explains every part of the team.

IB edit: Showcased

Last edited by a moderator:

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
Nominating Spoopy Ghost Spam by Xayah.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spoopy-ghost-spam.3604118/#post-7358955

It showcases the collaboration between teammates and what can eventually come from that, and is an incredibly solid team that makes use of Z-ToT Pump more effectively than any team I've seen before. The RMT itself is neat & clean, giving brief but accurate descriptions of how each member of the team are important for it to function in the current metagame. The team itself also stands out as it abuses a strong and underrated strategy, being Z-ToT Pump and Ghost Spam.

IB edit: Rejected

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Nominating סְפִירוֹת from Pikachuun (Other Metagames - Balanced Hackmons)

There were multiple RMT's about Gengarite stall, and I personally believe that this one does the best job reflecting the metagame during the time Gengarite was legal. Although it has been banned now, the RMT I am nominating still has a value in being some sort of relic that gives any readers a flashback to the time when stall was powerful. Namely, it is the best example of Gengarite BH stall team I have seen in trapping suspect period. I myself used to struggle with the ladder a bit until I ditched my old team and built Gengarite stall which has little to no difference from Pikachuun's, and I managed to be one of the first people who reached requirements for voting.

Aside from that, the replays that RMT features are against top players including myself (if not, supposedly good players) and they show how devastating the Gengarite is by instantly removing a threat which pressed a wrong move, without giving a second chance of whatsoever, and those trappings from replays helped me and other pro-ban voters to form better arguments to support ban on Gengarite. They also vividly show how the Gengarite stall worked and in the hands of anyone with acceptable amount of experience with BH, the team is deadly.

IB edit: Rejected

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We've archived a bunch of teams over the past few months after discussion among our staff:
Congrats to all who've made it in! If you feel we've missed a deserving team out, feel free to PM a mod or post a nomination here.

I'd like to nominate Super Camerupt by snake_rattler.

Trick Room has been an important aspect of the CAP metagame, and this is a very good spin on that. This RMT showcases Mega Camerupt + Escavalier Trick Room, which is surprisingly consistent and very hard to deal with. Additionally, the RMT itself is well written, and goes into detail and explains the thought process behind it very well.

IB edit: Showcased

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Time for another update! We've archived the following teams after discussion among our staff. I'm also pleased to announce that we've added a Monotype section to our archive, following its promotion to an official metagame:
Congrats to all of you! If you feel we've missed a deserving team out, feel free to PM a mod or post a nomination here.

Nominating voltturn despacitoad for team showcase.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/volturn-despacitoad-peaked-1.3644792/

This team has proven to be one of the most consistent in the format, ladderwise. At the time of the post, 4 alts using this team were in the top 5, which is no small feat, and 2 people who used it to get reqs with a very high W/L ratio. It introduces some new, but very effective ideas to NU balance/bulky offense - bulky Seismitoad which beats Xatu (a huge deal), Growth Vileplume for unexpected offensive pressure etc. Additionally, the RMT is very well written, with detailed building process and set descriptions. In conclusion, it showcases very well how to approach building in NU while escaping the feeling of staleness which NU players (both new and existing) tend to have concerning the tier as a whole.

Nominating Moonlit Malevolence for Team Showcase.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/moonlit-malevolence.3641264

This team is one of the pinnacles of the rather hectic Anything Goes ladder, enabling Zenithial to achieve an extremely stellar ladder rating while maintaining consistency. The usage of Specs Lunala in the tier showcases an underappreciated threat in the meta that, backed by a solid team build around it, was able to successfully perform as a high caliber build.

The descriptions and details for each of the sets are precise and accurate, providing anyone reading the RMT with good information on how the team structure works and why the synergy of the team comes together as so.

It is clear from a glance lots of effort was used into polishing the team, achieving peak ladder performance, and also the writing of the RMT. Thus, I think the RMT should be considered for Team Showcase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)