RMT: An Offensive Ou Team

I am relatively new to the competitive Pokémon scene, and this is my first solid offensive team (and my first RMT) that I have built. On PS, I peaked at 1956 for gen5 OU, and feel like I can do better. The team is based around my three main setup sweepers: Dragonite, Scizor and Cloyster. Once the checks for any one of these pokes are gone, they can proceed to boost and sweep entire teams. I rely more on resistances than bulk to deal with offensive threats in general, as I only have one designated wall. However, I have noticed that sand teams in general give me problems sometimes, due mostly to residual damage breaking Multiscale and focus sashes on my team.Without further adieu, here is my team.

The team:Breloom, Scizor, Dragonite, Starmie, Heatran, and Cloyster ( I apologize for the lack of sprites, I have no idea how to add them to a thread. Please help!)

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
-Spore
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Seed
-Swords Dance

Breloom is probably the single most important poke on my team. I lead with him 90% of the time. The focus sash is so he can always land a spore. After I put something to sleep, I am usually guaranteed a sword dance to boost Breloom's already sky high attack to insane levels. Then I spam bullet seeds and Mach punches 'till Breloom drops. After two sword dances, even Pokémon who resist Breloom's dual stabs take massive damage. He also makes a decent late game cleaner with his powerful Mach punch. Celebi and many dragon types wall him to a certain extent, so do Pokémon like Crobat who carry taunt and resist his attacks.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 S Def
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Superpower

A pretty standard SD Scizor. This badboy has saved me countless games with its unparalleled combination of bulk, offensive presence, and priority stab. Him and Breloom together can stop a majority of the tiers speedy sweepers. He is very reliable but is sadly walled by most fire Pokémon.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-ExtremeSpeed/Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Another huge threat on my team. His great ability, decent bulk and useful resistances give me a plethora of opportunities to set up. Lum berry is to absorb nasty statuses and to guarantee a chance to sweep. His ice weakness is covered my many other pokes, on my team, and I carry a rapid spinner, so not much holds Dragonite back from a sweep. I'm not sure whether to run ESpeed or EQ on my Dragonite. ESpeed makes my Dragonite a good revenge killer and can destroy most pokes who outspeed me after a boost, but it leaves me walled by Heatran.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 S Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
-Rapid Spin
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Ice Beam/ Thunderbolt

Best offensive rapid spinner in OU. Her good special attack, blistering speed, and great coverage make it an excellent sweeper. Her rapid spin support really helps out Dragonite and Cloyster out, and her offensive prowess allows it to defeat most non- scarfed spin blockers out there(Screw you, Gengar.) I'm not sure whether to run ice beam or t- bolt. Ice beam takes care of pesky dragons, while t-bolt crushes rain teams.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 S Def/ Def
Nature: Calm
-Stealth Rock
-Lava Plume
-Earth Power
-Roar/Toxic

What can I say? Heatran is a real team player and is the glue that holds a team of sweepers together. This poke single-handedly turned a whannabe team into a real contender. SR is mandatory, as the KOs come a lot easier with it up. It has great synergy with Dragonite, Breloom, and Scizor, forming a solid core. Lava plume is run over other fire moves because of the good chance to burn. Earth Power is there for the sun teams it walls, and opposing Heatrans. I'm not sure whether to run toxic or roar, but both have its uses. Otherwise, I don't have any thing really bad to say about him.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Nature: Adamant
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell

Cloyster is the Pokémon that I'm most willing to sack. It is too frail off the special side, and often is just used as death fodder, but when it sets up, it can tear apart teams lacking priority or a really fast scarfer. He doesn't do much many games and is used less than the rest of my team, but it is still quite the threat.

Well, that concludes my very first RMT. Thanks for having the patience to have read this entire RMT. I am open to any advice, but want to keep the hyper-offense going with the team. Please rate my team as harshly as you would like.

Last edited:
Hi Hjwang,

I think you have a pretty solid offensive team here.

On Dragonite, I think you should go with ExtremeSpeed as this allows you to take out weakened Scarfers like Latios and Keldeo that would otherwise end your sweep. Heatran is checked pretty well by Starmie and our own Heatran so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

On Heatran, I recommend moving your 4 defense EVs (I think since there's no number there) into speed, giving Heatran 4 Spe EVs. This allows you to Earth Power opposing defensive Heatran before they can attack or set-up Stealth Rocks. I also would go with Roar instead of Toxic as this allows Heatran to phaze away Dugtrio that could try to trap it, as well as allowing Heatran to check SubCM Latias.

On Starmie, I would go with Ice Beam is this allows you to hit Lando-T and Gliscor without risking a Hydro Pump miss. In addition, most bulky waters that you would use Thunderbolt for are checked by Breloom.

The largest threats I see to your team are speed boosting Pokemon that resist or take neutral damage from your priority attacks. For example, a DragMag team could eliminate Scizor, and then set-up Dragonite on Breloom, destroying the rest of your team with a combination of Outrage and Earthquake. Common rain sweepers also look a bit problematic; Agility/Nasty Plot Thunderus-T can set-up on Scizor or Breloom, and then heavily damage your team with a combination of Thunder, Focus Blast and HP Ice after Stealth Rocks. Expert Belt Keldeo would also heavily damage your team (after Stealth Rocks eliminates Focus Sashes) with Ttar trapping Starmie. To help against these threats I recommend a Choice Scarf Latios replacing Cloyster. Scarf Latios is an excellent revenge killer and can check all the threats listed above, living a +1 Espeed from Dragonite and a Life Orb HP Ice from Thunderus-T, and KOing back with a powerful Draco Meteor. Latios also can function as a secondary Keldeo check and does well against rain teams. In addition, Latios has good synergy with Scizor and Heatran, sponging the fire and water-type attacks that would force them out.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)