RMT 1st Competitive Team

Sorry About my 1st post, without Reading the Guidelines. This Is my Team I've Been testing, Please keep in Mind that I've only Been researching competitive play for about a week or 2. Advice and fixes are really appreciated.

Aerodactyl Focus sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Nature: Jolly (+Speed/-S.Att)
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
My preferred choice for an opener. Really the only opener I've tested in competitive play. His Speed makes him almost always go 1st, And he handles Other openers Like Rosealia whom sleep and are very aggravating. Rockslide for Flinches, Pretty simple.

Tentacruel Black Sludge
Ability:Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 S.Def/ 252 HP/ 4 Speed
Nature: Calm (+S.Def/-Att)
-Toxic Spikes
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Protect
The Best Special wall I can get in game ATM, Sorry. Really solid wall especially for dealing with fire and dragon types, whom siczor has the hardest time dealing with. Toxic Spikes to set up with Stealth rock, Protect to Check if my opponent has a Electrical or Weakness move.

Blissy Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 S.Def/ 4 HP
Nature: Bold (+Def/-Att)
-Soft boiled
-Protect
-Thunderwave
-Seismic Toss
My Physical wall. Holds up Really well, Especially with Toxic Spikes out. Great stall, The only thing I'm really considering is switching Thunderwave for Toxic Since it does better for eating away at the opponents team.

Zapdos Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 Hp/ 4 S.Att
Nature: Bold (+Def/-Att)
-Roar
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Thunderwave
Gives everyone Poison! Roars out multiple pokemon, causeing them totake Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock. Great Wall, I've been considering droping the Thunderwave off him also cause of poison, I figured maybe replace it with Volt Switch, or Hidden Power (ice).

Gengar Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 S.Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Nature: Modest (+S.Att/-Att)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder bolt
-Focus Blast
-Phychic
One of my all time favorite pokemon and choice for Special sweep. He Gets over Alakazam, (whom I encounter far to often) as well as most water type walls, Such as Vaporeon. My friend suggest Using Hypnosis, Not sure how I fell about that on him as a Sweeper. Another Move I've Considered is Pain Split for the added healing, Which sounds more usable cause of Life Orb.

Scizor Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Att/ 252 Hp/ 4 Speed
Nature: Adamant (+Att/-S.Att)
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Superpower/Brick Break
-Pursuit
THE KING HAS ARRIVED! Believe or not the scizor style is still very undecided. I've tryed The Choice Scarf and Sword Dance style Siczors also. I really have no idea which one would be best for my team comp. The Sword Dance often takes my too long to set-up but i like the freedom of choosing multiple moves, Where as The Choice item normally Leave me at Bullet Punch. Please Help Me Decide Which play style would fit my Team Best.

What should I drop T-wave on Zapdos for? I've considered Ancient power, Volt Switch, and Light Screen. I Figured Light Screen would help my Scizor More, But Volt Switch is an easy Tag in; which I have none on this team. Any idea what to do about my Scizor problem??

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I'd get rid of T wave on Zapdos for another attack. Also, run Rapid Spin on Tentacruel over Protect. Finally, run Heal Bell/Aromatherapy over Protect on Blissey. Don't need tect unless you have wish.
(Lol I typed in ou (on a phone) and instead of changing it to you it made it OU. I've been spending too much time on here)
Other than that it looks like a solid team. Also you say that Blissey is your physical wall. It isn't. Blissey's base defense is like 10. I'd recommend Gliscor or Skarmory over Blissey.

EDIT: Ok, try both sets and see what one you like more on Scizor. Also run Heat Wave on Zapdos. (It gets that right?)

It doesn't get Heat Wave as Far as I know i just Checked it out on Bulbapeida. I'll need to test out, but I'm Considering Volt Switch Atm. YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT BLISSY DAMNIT! I Never realized, Skarmory would be great, I'd have All the hazards, the only thing is having 2 steel types kinda feels a drought team would just blow me away.
I'm haveing the same problem with scizor, Choice Band Does Great damage, but it really slows my momentum when I have to switch out cause my opponent tosses something that bullet punch is not very effective on. I Feel like Having the Sword Dance build gives me more freedom, but takes to long to set up.

If i Decide to use Skarmory it could be like this?

Skarmory Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252Def/ 252 HP/ 4 Speed
Nature: Impish (+Def/-S.Att)
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Spikes
-Whirlwind

Last edited:
The reason you are finding CB scizor underwhelming is because you aren't using u-turn. That's what makes CB Scizor so lethal.

This team is really confusing. You have some Pokemon, such as Lead Aerodactyl, Gengar, and Scizor, who fit nicely on offensive teams. However, you have three other Pokemon, Tentacruel, Zapdos, and Blissey, who fit much better on stall. I think you need to choose a direction you want this team to take (Offense or Stall) and then choose your next Pokemon accordingly. As for your current Pokemon sets, I'd say Tentacruel prefers Rapid Spin over Ice Beam, as well as a more defensive spread of 248 Hp/244 Def/16 Speed. Blissey prefers Wish over either Softboiled or Protect, as well as Toxic over Thunder Wave. Zapdos also appreciates a secondary move, either Heat Wave or Hidden Power Ice, over Thunder Wave. If you decide to go offensive, I'd recommend Substitute and Disable/Pain Split over Thunderbolt and Psychic, and a Timid nature. I'd also run U-Turn over Bug Bite on Scizor, as his STAB U-Turn is one of the main reasons he's used so much.

Recommended Changes:
Find what type of team style you want to play (Either stall or Offense)
Tentacruel: Ice Beam --> Rapid Spin,
Tentacruel: 252 Hp/252 SpD/4 Spe --> 248 Hp/244 Def/16 Spe
Blissey: Softboiled/Protect --> Wish
Blissey: Thunder Wave --> Toxic
Zapdos: Thunder Wave --> Heat Wave/Hidden Power Ice
Gengar: Thunderbolt and Psychic --> Substitute and Disable/Pain Split
Gengar: Modest --> Timid
Scizor: Bug Bite --> U-Turn

I hope these changes help! :D

It is ill-adviced for him to go stall unless you can get a replacement on Aerodactyl. However, most of what you said are the changes he should make. I'll sum up all the recomendations posted here.

Zapdos: Thunder Wave --> Heat Wave
That is for pesky Grass and Steel types. Also used to threathen Scizor because physically defensive Zapdos with Heat Wave is the most reliable Scizor switch-in, which is cool.
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA --> 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
248 HP EVs to take less damage from SR, the speed to outspeed up to Neutral Natured base 70. You can give Timid to outspeed max base 70 and neutral base 80.

Tentacruel: Protect/Ice Beam --> Rapid Spin
This two moves are very situational might as well give it a utility move. I recommend removing Protect though.
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe --> 248 / 244 Def / 16 Spe w/ Timid Nature
It gives Tentacruel a better ability to abuse physically based resistances and make it a good mixed wall, the speed is to outspeed up to max speed base 70. You can give Bold if it does not concern you.

Blissey: Softboiled --> Wish
Wish works well with Protect and it also gives Blissey the ability to heal someone else on the team.
Bold Nature --> Calm Nature
You already have a mixed wall in Tentacruel and a Physical wall in Zapdos, this is obvious.

Gengar: Psychic --> Pain Split / Thunderbolt --> Substitute
Psychic is hardly useful while Pain Split gives some healing and the power to muscle through walls. Thunderbolt's main use to hit bulky Water types isn't that helpful as TSpikes wear them fast enough already. Don't use Thunderbolt unless you're paranoid about Tentacruel and Empoleon.
Modest Nature --> Timid Nature
Don't waste Gengar's speed.

Scizor: Bug Bite --> U-turn
U-turn is great on Scizor to punish the switch-ins which Bug Bite cannot do.
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe --> 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
This allows Scizor to take less residual damage, the remaining EVs were dumped in SpD as Scizor likes switching in on special attackers but you might want to just move it to speed instead seeing your original spread has speed investment. Also, Superpower > Brick Break.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)