Gen 3 Riders on the Storm (Rain Hyper Offense) [Peak 1436 ELO]

Art by Gravity Monkey <3

Hello! I have played about 300 matches with this team (and got to 1436 ELO), and I want to get your opinion on it. I won't be posting replays as I don't like posting replays without people's permission. Usually what happens is either I lose hard to Blissey, or Heracross blows a hole in the opposing team and I win. Seriously, Heracross in Rain is underrated. Without further ado, here is the team:

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
Ludicolo can set rain from the beginning. Usually it's good enough to survive whatever move is thrown at it for one turn, although it has to look out for lead Aero. If that's the case, then I'd probably switch to Metagross. Anyway, its matchup vs Ttar is good. Even if Ttar DDs, it can RD and then Hydro Pump it or whatever switches in (usually Blissey) for either a ton of damage or not very much in Blissey's case. Yes, this team struggles with Blissey, but I at least have 4 physical attackers here. The set is pretty standard. Just want to make a note that Lum Berry is because this thing gets TWaved all the time and if you predict vs. say Starmie you can take the TWave while using HP Grass to set yourself up for a KO on Mie. Ludi struggles against bulky waters since HP Grass is only 70 BP, and since this team is spikeless, we have to have some other kind of chip damage to power through, which is a problem. Outspeeds max Spe (no + nature) Ttar.

Kingdra @ Petaya Berry
EVs: 104 Def / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
This is standard EndPetaya Dra. Substitute is to avoid para and activate the Petaya early. It usually doesn't get to do that. I was thinking of replacing this with Salac RD attacking Suicune. This would be the set:

Suicune @ Salac Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
But idk if that's going to work; it's a mono-attacker and it's highly situational. The pro is that it would really surprise the opponent. Anyway, back to Dra: it's meant to set up RD for the rest of the team and itself and outspeed max Spe (+ nature) Ttar.

Heracross @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Reversal
Heracross is probably the most dominant member of the team; without sand, all it has to do is set up a SD (and possibly a Substitute) and get to 25% or less to outspeed the whole metagame, bar any opposing Swift Swimmers. Then you can use Swarm Megahorn to net a KO on virtually anything; I see people commonly send out Pert, which isn't even safe. The closer Hera gets to 0, the more dangerous its Reversals get.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
You shouldn't have a Rain team without Lax or Cune. Lax does well in Rain due to its Leftovers and massive bulk; here I'm running Curse + 3 attacks without Boom because I don't like being stuck when I face Ttar/Gross or Gar depending on the set. I have a boomer already, it should be noted. It also does well vs. bulky waters (without Roar), anyway.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
Dugtrio is here to trap Blissey. I've heard Beat Up is good, and I've heard surviving a Blissey Ice Beam is good, but I would like to do as much damage as possible. I also find the Blissey matchup highly situational. Why EV for a matchup that rarely happens, imo.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
This is my mandatory Rock resist. It also is somewhat made better in Rain due to being less weak to Fire, which means Moltres/Charizard/Blakizen all are not safe during it. It's meant to punch a hole in a weakened team, or to boom on bulky waters.

I'm really hoping this is enough description; I've played about 500 matches in the meta, so I'm hoping this sounds like I'm experienced enough. I could post some SpD Skarmory Spikes + DD Ttar team if I wanted to, but I enjoy this team a lot more. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Changes

Ludicolo -> Metagross
Having a mon that can take out Skarm T1 is hella useful. It also invites a bulky Water/CM user a lot of the time, which I can eliminate and therefore have an easier time with it gone.

Petaya Berry -> Lum Berry
Dra is just as likely to be Para bait as Ludi, and it rarely can make use of Substitute. That's why another change I have is Sub to HP Electric. More on that in a sec.
104 Def -> 104 SpD
Dra handles most EQ/HP Fly-ers. Why EV for it? Instead, I should EV for Ice Beams, Thunderbolts, and Dragon Claws.
Substitute -> Hidden Power [Electric]
My team is weak to Gyarados, and having a mon that can take it out, even after a DD (in Rain), is very appreciated.

Leftovers -> Choice Band
I need another Boomer, because I still struggle with what's left of the opponent's team after Booming with Metagross. I'll click Self-Destruct (more on that later) 90% of the time, although I also can click Focus Punch depending on what's revealed (more on that later, too).
Curse -> Self-Destruct
Instead of Cursing to the +1 boost that's enough to KO all but the most defensive Skarm sets, and then getting Protected on after the switchin, I might as well Boom on the switchin! I'm smart
Shadow Ball -> Focus Punch
Lax is likely to get Wisped by Gar. Why get Wisped and then use a useless Atk stat when I can just ignore Gengar and switch to one of my Lum mons. Focus Punch is because they are likely to switch out if you switch in and threaten a mon.

This one is a doozy, lol
Choice Band -> Liechi Berry
I can explain; My new set is meant to lure the opponent into Ice Beaming/HP Icing/EQing while I set up a Screech and then get a Liechi boost over half the time.
252 Atk -> 252 HP
Helps to live the aforementioned Ice Beams/HP Ices/EQs
32 SpD -> 32 Def
Necessary to live the EQs
Aerial Ace -> Screech
I can also use Screech while the opponent heals to have an even easier time.

Threat List

Although I have 4 Physical attackers, Blissey is at the top of the list because it's usually switched out on 3 out of the 4, and 2 of the 4 are usually gone midgame due to Booming. The only real solution I have to Blissey is my Dugtrio set, which relies on it not being Modest/not having 3 layers of Spikes up. If there's 3 layers of Spikes, I usually just hope it isn't max SpA and go for the Screech anyway. At least I can force it out with Hera most of the time (I keep it in the back) and set up a Sub, although that invites Mence/Gyara, which are other huge threats. Ludi and Dra can't touch it, and are vulnerable to TWave.

With 4 Physical attackers, and no Guts on Hera (I like to be able to feign Guts after it's revealed and surprise the opponent with SwarmHorn), my team is very vulnerable to Wisp. I do carry Lum on Ludi/Dra, meaning they're an okay switchin, although they can be Wisped again and get put on a timer after setting up Rain (if they don't hit the Pump).

After a DD, Mence can sweep my team (not under Rain), although Dra might live an HP Flying/EQ without Spikes support or Sand. The goal is to not give Mence a free switchin, which is one of the reasons why I keep Hera in the back (the other is Ttar, because of Sand and to eliminate it). That's why I carry Ice Beam/Rock Slide.

Aerodactyl
Celebi
Gyarados
Tyranitar
Oddball MixMence (HP Flying/Dragon Claw)

Last edited:
I also find the Blissey matchup highly situational. Why EV for a matchup that rarely happens, imo.
On this team dugtrio must trap blissey or you will lose unless heracross pulls some nonsense. Rain cannot function without blissey removed. Also, "situational" is a bad way to describe a pokemon that has about 30% usage.
My opinion on this team is you should probably replace the ludicolo with a gengar (hypnosis explosion +2 moves) which will help with blissey tremendously. In that case you probably wouldn't need to adjust the dug set either.

Changes (Pt. 2)

72 Def / 184 Spe -> 4 Def / 252 Spe
Speed tying Breloom, Cloyster, Magneton, Skarmory, and Ludicolo was more worth it than investing in Defense. Besides, people usually hit Metagross Specially.
Rock Slide -> Sludge Bomb
I never used Rock Slide. And when I did, I got locked into a 75 BP move, and it usually gets predicted and they switch into a Ground type. So instead I opted for a move that can hit Celebi 30 BP harder than Meteor Mash without Exploding. This way, I can win last mon 1v1s.

252 HP / 32 Def -> 144 Atk / 140 SpD
212 SpA Blissey Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 140 SpD Dugtrio: 156-184 (73.9 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
I decided to play it a bit riskier. I needed the extra Attack.
Rock Slide -> Endure
You can't trap Flying types. So every time you try to hit them with a Rock Slide, they'll just switch into a Ground type. So I decided to play a more prediction-focused game. You can tank a hit and then do more damage with the Liechi boost.

24 SpD / 232 Spe -> 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Speed tying Suicune and Kingdra was more important than some random Special Defense investment. There isn't much more to say.
I stopped using this team for a while and started playing with other archetypes. I still prefer this team to many other archetypes I tried, such as SD/CM BiPass or Agility DosPass. Although this archetype relies on some gimmicky Dugtrio set to function effectively, it's been fun.

PokePaste

Last edited:

Changes (Pt. 3)

Hello! I have used variations of this team extensively for over a year now, and climbed to 1436 on the ladder (before tilting to the mid-1300s). I wanted to update you with the final iteration of the team. I got rid of the risky dual-Boom core in favor of a more moderate plan, but it's still hyper offense at its core. Here are the recent changes:

Metagross -> Zapdos
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 Def / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
244BPDos allows a very useful strategy in a semi-slow, tanky pivot with a good chance of getting a Substitute up on whatever opponent switches in. If it's a Blissey, my game plan could not go any better; a Sub up with a Blissey switch guarantees a Dug trap and kill.

224 Spe -> 232 Spe (-8 Atk)
It's all about the Speed Tiers for this one (gen3ou.herokuapp is my domain :blobthumbsup:). Outspeeding other variations of Dugtrio, as well as a lot of Gengar variants, makes it worth it.
EndureLiechi -> Standard Anti-Bliss
Dugtrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 136 Atk / 140 SpD / 232 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Beat Up
The EndureLiechi set was just dumb. This set is a lot more reliable.

Snorlax -> Gengar
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 SpA / 100 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion
This is what I was saying with the dual-Boom core: It's just too risky. I'd rather have GarDug for booming on bulky opponents and then finishing them off. Also, helps lure Blissey in before the surprise OHKO.

252 Spe -> 152 Spe (+104 Def)
I noticed I still have difficulty dealing with lead DDTar and DDMence, so having a defensive backbone (with a great typing) allows for me to keep a mon on the field in the case of emergency.

Overall, thank you so much to the people I've talked to on here and in the 2 ADV Discords for being so helpful. I couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited:

Final Team (click sprites for PokePaste)

232 Spe -> 252 Spe (-20 Atk)
Got to outspeed as many Gengar variants as possible, no matter the cost.
Lonely Nature -> Adamant Nature
This was a mistake, never meant it to be Lonely :blobsad:

I've talked with people on MushiCord several times about dual Swift Swim being a bad idea, and I finally chose to obey their advice. Instead, I opted for a Pokemon that can break down walls with Mash/Boom, lure in the bulky waters that Kingdra hates, and can take down Blissey, a major roadblock for this team.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

This is a Rain team; so obviously, a Pokemon that sets up Sand when it switches in is the #1 threat. It's best taken care of being weakened by a sacked mon, and then revenge killed by Dug. However, it can also be obliterated by Dra; Dra has the bulk to set up Rain even on a +1 Tar (although maybe not on an Adamant FP), and then decimate it T2 with a Rain-boosted Surf. Another strategy is Exploding T1 with Gar and then finishing it off with Dug. It is notable Heracross can take care of it, but it doesn't like the Sand and will probably fold to whatever switch-in they throw at you if it's early-to-mid game. CBGross is most likely going to result in them switching, so it gives you an opportunity to Boom on their bulky switch-in.

Salamence is a huge threat to this team because of Intimidate/HP Flying or Dragon Claw screwing up the setup sweepers. It is tanky enough to absorb a 1.5x boosted 270horn most of the time, and KO back in return with HP Flying. However, sometimes Fire Blast can put you in Salac/very strong Reversal range. So it's worth trying to set up on it, if you don't know what set it's running.

Blissey should be taken care of before sending in Dra, but if something goes wrong and your 4 anti-Bliss measures are taken care of already, DosDra isn't enough to win late game. You had one job

The other Special wall that's hard to deal with, Snorlax can eat ZapDra hits all day and set up Curse to raise it's Def to where Hera gets bodied. Doesn't get Dug trapped unless it's low on health, meaning usually you need to sacrifice Gross/Gar with Boom to keep it from setting up and chunk it.

Gengar can wisp your PhysOff and put you on a timer, and can survive +2 270horns. It's best taken care of by ZapDra, which, if they have a strong BlissGar core, it might be difficult to pull off.

I'd say most teams are weak to Aero in theory; this team is no exception, especially once Metagross/Zapdos are taken out (it can then spam HP Flying). Best dealt with by Dra, or even Salac + Reversal Hera.

HP Flying, like I said in the last mon's analysis, is a threat once DosGross is taken care of. EQ luckily isn't a threat bc I have 2 Flying types and Hera to absorb it. Double-Edge, likewise, has Gross/Gar to deal with it. Of note is that Roar variants can screw up momentum.

Celebi is a threat to DosDra, but is usually taken care of early-to-mid game by PhysOff, especially Lonely BoomGar. It can be a win-con late game, however, so you have to try trapping it with Dug (after it's weakened).

Suicune is usally taken care of by Zap/Gross/Hera or BoomGar Boom + Dug, but if it isn't, it'll Roar away your sweepers before they have a chance to capitalize on their setup. Completely walls Dra and can set up in your face, since you don't have a phaser.

Can put pressure on mons by Toxicing them, can phase out Hera (or put pressure on it with Drill Peck), and can eat CBGross Mashes and set up 3 layers of Spikes. Hopefully, the team composition is such that I can get rid of Skarm earlier than I use Hera as a wincon, but sometimes you have to make do and 1v1 it end game; in that case, you have to count on Reversal KOing a chipped Skarm (if it's Drill Peck). If it's Toxic, you can usually Sub and then SD Reversal it and sometimes win the game on the spot.
So yeah, there's probably my final iteration, unless for some reason, I decide Lax > Gross.​

Snorlax @ Rawst Berry
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 Atk / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Self-Destruct
You probably think I'm crazy for investing in Speed on Lax; but this Lax beats other Laxes Curse after Curse. While most Laxes are 50 Spe after 2 Curses, this one is 54, to Speed creep literally everyone with the same idea (even Speed creeping the 104Laxes). The other obvious thing of note is Rawst Berry. This one is something I am rather proud of because it invites Paralysis to keep Lax from being Burned, instead of Lum-ing it away, only to be Burned later. While you can still get Frozen, I think baiting a Paralysis to keep from being Burned is a high IQ idea, and I'm rolling with it.

Thanks for reading, I hope you experiment with Rain on ladder (and maybe have a set for suprise tour games). Be sure to read Sadlysius's Rain Guide if you haven't already. See ya.​

Last edited:
Hello, I really like your Rain Team but there are some changes and Questions that I have for the Team
1665978968516.png
For the Sub Reversal Hera, You should make it HP IVs exactly 300. Why, because it's the "Magic" Number that's divisible by 4 so you can activate its Salac Berry after the 3rd Sub. It's just something optimal on this type of set.

1665979524827.png
Sub + BP Zap is v cool tech adding Protection and as Psuedo-Uturn. Just curious whats the purpose of its Defense EVs.

1665980042609.png
It's no surprise Dug is on this team so I'm going to cut straight to the point, Aerial Ace > Rock Slide on Dug because having Aerial Ace on Dug is mandatory as its usefulness against Breloom and Heracross also without it can leave you likely bad as giving up the ability to Trap and OHKO Loom and Hera isn't a very wise choice at all and its better when you drop Rock Slide.

Breloom and Hera @ 50% in Sand w/Lefties vs Dug w/out Aerial Ace:

252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Hidden Power Bug vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 99-117 (37.9 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 106-125 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 112-132 (37 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Hidden Power Bug vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 52-62 (17.2 - 20.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 113-133 (37.4 - 44%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Those are calcs illustrating how a Hera/Loom can easily survive with 0 Bulk @ Half and can kill your Dug before it can do it to Hera and Loom.

Also a Tip when using Beat Up is that when you use it, it can reveal the mons on your Team (even when not switched in by user) which basically means that it accidentally reveals your entire team, which effectively giving a advantage to your opponent as they now they have notice of your Team of 6 in ADV where Team preview didn't exist yet until BW. What Nicknaming your mons do is when Beat Up is used, only your Nicknames of your mons are revealed and not the Initial mons and actually saving yourself from accidentally revealing your team to even the Competent players in Games and this goes for every team with a Beat Up user and especially how relivant the move, Beat Up is too. This in fact is in part the reason why people nickname their mons in ADV Competitively, Speaking ADV OU and just optimal to issue. Even then, its still important to nickname your mons because if your Opponent is smart enough to take account in seeing that they don't have nicknames (on High Ladder usually), they will know that you don't have a Beat up user like Dug on your Team. Just a little tip and Fun fact for you to know.

1665982490634.png
Bulk on CB Metagross is appreciated when taking into account its Natrual Bulk and good resistances granted by its Typing. Something like 196 HP EVs can take +1 Ttar, Mence and Gyarados EQ from Full HP. But if you still want Speed on Gross, then 184 Speed EVs can max Speed Neutral-Natured Ttar and Pert. Also 216 Speed EVs can outrun Max Speed Neutral-Natured Vaporeon. Thats p much the Fastest relevant Benchmarks CB Gross can really go too as your never running Jolly CB Gross which is a stupid Idea in itself. Something cool you can do is Double Edge > Rock Slide on CB Gross for hard-hitting Neutral Damage on targets that resist your STAB such as Bulky Waters, Zap, Moltres, and Gyara with out taking ones own Pokemon with Explosion. If interested, more In-depth info are found in this Resource:

1665983722060.png
Nothing much to say about it, I would go to Hydro Pump > Surf just for Power.

Breaking on Through

Hello! It's been a while. Recently, I've been wanting to make a bot that can have a "discussion" with you about your [Gen 3] OU team, providing you with suggestions based on weaknesses your team may have, and informing you of strong points. I haven't yet started, but I started talking to myself in a Discord channel (lol) and I used this team as an example. I have modified it a little after playtesting it another 50 games or so. The modifications are as follows:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
This set is kind of a meme, but it's a good one; you can really get a surprise on the opponent, and they will expect Thunderbolt as your fourth move anyway, so until that's revealed, you should be golden. Drill Peck works wonders on the Celebi/fighters matchups, and HP Fighting can touch Ttar and finish off weakened Blisseys. Also, I made it so that Tyranitar will OHKO it with unboosted Rock Slide if Adamant max Atk; this is so that I can revenge kill with Dug (to remove Sand later on).

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 116 Atk / 140 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Beat Up
- Rock Slide
This one's pretty easy to explain, just the same set except you now have the Ability to revenge kill DDTar no matter what the set, granted it's chipped to around 60%. I was tired of losing to the most common wincon in the meta.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
- Explosion
You can tell I really hate DDTar. This allows you to OHKO it when it dances in your face, thinking its Lum Berry is enough to prevent it from getting burned. Also of note is that I made it outspeed all Moltres sets.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Self-Destruct
The team was just too squishy, I needed something fat and Lax does the job. It can still boom, a trait that I still needed for bulky waters. Usually best to EQ Ttar turn one (T1) and then boom T2 to prevent a sweep in case it gets 2 DDs off (or just boom T1 on Ttar and finish off with Dug); Ttar can Focus Punch you if you use Focus Punch, so not usually a good idea to use FP. Thick Fat is because this Lax is more of a sponge than something that's meant to last a long time, if that makes sense.

Kingdra @ Leftovers
EVs: 68 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
HP Elec really doesn't cut it except against Gyara, which isn't a top tier threat. Better to pack a potential nuke alongside a safer move (Surf) in case you need an OHKO that Surf doesn't cut.

Last edited:
Changes

Ludicolo -> Metagross
Having a mon that can take out Skarm T1 is hella useful. It also invites a bulky Water/CM user a lot of the time, which I can eliminate and therefore have an easier time with it gone.

Petaya Berry -> Lum Berry
Dra is just as likely to be Para bait as Ludi, and it rarely can make use of Substitute. That's why another change I have is Sub to HP Electric. More on that in a sec.
104 Def -> 104 SpD
Dra handles most EQ/HP Fly-ers. Why EV for it? Instead, I should EV for Ice Beams, Thunderbolts, and Dragon Claws.
Substitute -> Hidden Power [Electric]
My team is weak to Gyarados, and having a mon that can take it out, even after a DD (in Rain), is very appreciated.

Leftovers -> Choice Band
I need another Boomer, because I still struggle with what's left of the opponent's team after Booming with Metagross. I'll click Self-Destruct (more on that later) 90% of the time, although I also can click Focus Punch depending on what's revealed (more on that later, too).
Curse -> Self-Destruct
Instead of Cursing to the +1 boost that's enough to KO all but the most defensive Skarm sets, and then getting Protected on after the switchin, I might as well Boom on the switchin! I'm smart
Shadow Ball -> Focus Punch
Lax is likely to get Wisped by Gar. Why get Wisped and then use a useless Atk stat when I can just ignore Gengar and switch to one of my Lum mons. Focus Punch is because they are likely to switch out if you switch in and threaten a mon.

This one is a doozy, lol
Choice Band -> Liechi Berry
I can explain; My new set is meant to lure the opponent into Ice Beaming/HP Icing/EQing while I set up a Screech and then get a Liechi boost over half the time.
252 Atk -> 252 HP
Helps to live the aforementioned Ice Beams/HP Ices/EQs
32 SpD -> 32 Def
Necessary to live the EQs
Aerial Ace -> Screech
I can also use Screech while the opponent heals to have an even easier time.

Threat List

Although I have 4 Physical attackers, Blissey is at the top of the list because it's usually switched out on 3 out of the 4, and 2 of the 4 are usually gone midgame due to Booming. The only real solution I have to Blissey is my Dugtrio set, which relies on it not being Modest/not having 3 layers of Spikes up. If there's 3 layers of Spikes, I usually just hope it isn't max SpA and go for the Screech anyway. At least I can force it out with Hera most of the time (I keep it in the back) and set up a Sub, although that invites Mence/Gyara, which are other huge threats. Ludi and Dra can't touch it, and are vulnerable to TWave.

With 4 Physical attackers, and no Guts on Hera (I like to be able to feign Guts after it's revealed and surprise the opponent with SwarmHorn), my team is very vulnerable to Wisp. I do carry Lum on Ludi/Dra, meaning they're an okay switchin, although they can be Wisped again and get put on a timer after setting up Rain (if they don't hit the Pump).

After a DD, Mence can sweep my team (not under Rain), although Dra might live an HP Flying/EQ without Spikes support or Sand. The goal is to not give Mence a free switchin, which is one of the reasons why I keep Hera in the back (the other is Ttar, because of Sand and to eliminate it). That's why I carry Ice Beam/Rock Slide.

Aerodactyl
Celebi
Gyarados
Tyranitar
Oddball MixMence (HP Flying/Dragon Claw)
I honestly think u need sumn else to deal with blissey. Ur depending on dug to trap it. Also, bulky zapdos kinda messes u up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)