SS OU Revised First SS OU Team

This is a more balance team style with hazard stacking. Knock off from Zeraora helps make hazards stronger, and TWave Clefable/Will-o-Wisp Dragapult help Dragapult's hex.

Garchomp
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP 4 Att 126 Def 126 Sp.Def
Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
  1. Stealth Rock
  2. Dragon Tail
  3. Earthquake
  4. Toxic

Garchomp takes hits with his HP and defense investment, which is solid all around bulk. I wanted Dragon tail to shuffle hazards on the opposing team and force switches. Toxic deals good passive damage and stealth rock is garchomp's hazard. Earthquake hits Poison, fire, and fairy types(except tapu bulu) really hard. Garchomp's good defensive typing has few weaknesses and is not setup for ferrotron due to dragon tail.

Ferrothorn
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP 24 Def. 232 Sp.Def
Nature: Sassy
  1. Iron Defense
  2. Leech Seed
  3. Spikes
  4. Body Press
I needed solid defense so I went with Ferrothorn. He could easily stack spikes as Zeraora threatens the most common defogger, Corviknight, with Plasma Fists
Iron defense makes up for low defense and makes body press busted. Leftovers and leech seed heal damage for ridiculous longevity, while spikes ensure swithcing is punished.

Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp.A 4 Sp.Def 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots
  1. Quiver Dance
  2. Fiery Dance
  3. Psychic
  4. Bug Buzz

Volcarona's job is to quiver dance. I needed good special damage so I turned to volcarona. It can set up easily and threatens many targets with Fiery dance, which I chose for the Sp.a boost. Bug buzz is a solid option for umbreon and Psychics, while Psychic hit poison types harder. Timid gives more speed while heavy duty boots allow volcarona to switch in and out. It is a great damage dealer.

Dragapult
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Sp. At 252 Spe
4 Atk
Nature: Modest
Item: Spell Tag
  1. Hex
  2. Will-O-Wisp
  3. Draco Meteor
  4. U-Turn
Dragapult puts the hurt on special walls. The infiltrator will-o-wisp+spell tag allows for massive damage on hex, along with clefable's thunder wave. Draco meteor comes in for Dragon stab while u-turn gets a reset Special Attack. Dragapult is a hit and run offense pokemon usuing sheer power to take down checks. I needed something more immideately threatening than volcarona(and really liked dragapult) so it got the slot.

Clefable
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Bold
  1. Moonblast
  2. Soft-Boiled
  3. Calm Mind
  4. Flamethrower

Clefable is a great calm minder and stall Pokemon at the same time. It sets up easily with its solid bulk and resistances. Flamethrower meltssteels, wile thunder wave helps out dragapult. Soft-Boiloed recovers damage and moonblast for stab. The EVs maximize Defense since calm mindfixes sp.def. I needed a fairy type and clefable's bulk, mono-fairy type, recovery, and support made it my final choice.

Zeraora
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Att 252 Spe 4 Sp. A
Nature: Adamant
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots
  1. Close Combat
  2. Plasma Fists
  3. Volt Switch
  4. Knock Off

This pokemon smashes physically frail mons with is two good stab types. Zeraora has H-D B to come in over and over, with the help of Volt Switch. Adamant is power while Evs maximize attack. Knock off was better than throat chop for ghosts since it removes any items, even if the switch goes to a non-ghost. Close combat is stab, along with plasma fists.

you lack breaking power, you will have a miserable MU vs stall which is not smht u want or in general teams with bulky cores, run more speed on chomp as this allows it to deal with offensive tran better. I like bulkrona here since it is just able to utilize its value but I also like victini since it pairs much better with zeraors esp with its ability to lure in chomp and lando-t with glaciate. iron head > power whip on ferro helps threated CM clef and not force a CM clef war esp if they arent flame

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)