Resources & Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Quality Control teams for each metagame are responsible for ensuring that every analysis that gets uploaded from this section contains quality and accurate information in order to meet Smogon's high standards. If the QC team of the metagame you are writing for does not think that your analysis or writing is up to these high standards they may choose to reject it and reassign to to somebody else.

Currently, the National Dec C&C section hosts analysis for the National Dex, National Dex UU, and National Dex Monotype metagames. Each of these metagames have their own QC teams, which are as follows:

National Dex
Kaede
faded love
Solaros & Lunaris (Leader)
Sulo
adem (Co-Leader)

Trial:
TylerTheMilotic

National Dex Monotype
maroon (Leader)
Mateeus
Rotten
Felines

National Dex UU
Niadev
gum
Arishem
Pubo

National Dex
[faded love, 241308]
[Light Sanctity, 491200]
[Optify, 511832]
[Solaros & Lunaris, 471780]
[Zneon, 487629]
[adem, 529732]
[pannuracotta, 517892]
[Kaede, 483087]
[TylerTheMilotic, 540138]

National Dex UU
[Niadev, 282732]
[Arishem, 546157]
[Pubo, 535121]

National Dex Monotype
[maroon, 305839]
[Mateeus, 321991]
[Rotten, 491896]
[Felines, 290520]

Last edited by a moderator:

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Hello everyone! National Dex metagames have been split from OM C&C, due to the ever-growing pressure on the latter subforum. National Dex C&C will be operating in this subforum from here on.

Reservations are still closed. The criteria for a metagame to reopen remain the same, id est:
  • Metagame stability
  • Uploaded analyses need to be updated to the current metagame and the new full format. In case the analysis is too outdated, it has to be replaced with a sample set in its stead.
  • Sample sets need to be uploaded for every Pokemon on the S- and A-ranks. Naturally, this counts towards the pre-contributor and contributor badges.
Beyond this, I'd also like to give a warm welcome to a brand-new metagame joining us in the near-future: National Dex Monotype! Their QC team consists of the following members:

Harpp
Maple
Mateeus
maroon
Splash

I'd also like to welcome Jho on the moderation team. His extensive experience in both National Dex and moderation duties as a whole will be a great asset to National Dex C&C. Congratulations!

Feel free to PM either one of us in case of any remaining questions.

Hello!

National Dex Monotype is now open for reservations of all S-A rank Pokemon on their VR! You can reserve a Pokemon to write about over in the reservation index.

Only Monotype is open for now, as NDOU and NDUU are still unstable thanks to suspect tests so they will not be available for reservation at this time.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
OMPL Champion
I'm glad to announce that National Dex OU has met the required criteria at last, and is open for reservations once more! Some important stuff to keep in mind:

• With the release of DLC II, every metagame has switched over to a brand-new format, and National Dex OU is no exception. This format is a slightly expanded version of the earlier preview analyses, with the addition of ‘Other Options’ and ‘Checks and Counters’. This format will still need a total of 2 QC checks and 1 GP check! Here’s the template, which is also enclosed in the reservation thread OP:
    *disclaimer* When writing for monotype, be sure to include the type you are writing for as a sub header in both OO and CC. Example.
    [SET]
    name:
    move 1:
    move 2:
    move 3:
    move 4:
    item:
    ability:
    nature:
    evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
    Paragraph 1: - role that the Pokemon plays
    - coverage moves that affect its role
    - EV spread in one sentence or less

Paragraph 2: - brief example of teammates that benefit from the Pokemon's presence
    - brief example of foes that the Pokemon is vulnerable to + teammates to help cover them

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
    Other Options
    =============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
    ===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
    - Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
    - Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
    - Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
  • Currently ongoing analyses will need to be updated to the new format as well! I highly suggest current writers to do this as soon as possible. If you take an unreasonable amount of time to do this without communicating any reasons to the moderators, we will be archiving your analyses. Tagging Zneon, Super Suit, Sputnik, Sevelon, Guard, Pannuracotta, faded love, and Solaros & Lunaris.
  • Take a look at the reservation sheet in order to find out what Pokemon are up for reservation.
  • Familiarize yourself with the OP of the reservation thread prior to reserving any Pokemon!
Have fun writing!

Quick announcement to say that from now on all analyses in this sub will require 2 GP checks as standard due to them being much closer to the old full analysis format.

Tagging all current writers for National Dex and Monotype just to make sure you get that 2nd check when your analysis reaches the GP stage!

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
OMPL Champion
Quick announcement to welcome maroon as our newest moderator! Given their extensive experience in National Dex Monotype and moderation duties, as well as their constant initiatives to drive this subforum forward, I have no doubt they'll be a great asset to the team. Congratulations!

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
OMPL Champion
faded love - Mega Lopunny
Sputnik - Gengar, Landorus-T
Super Suit - Hoopa-U
Yami - Alomomola
Aurodian - Magearna
Nowno - Mega Mawile
Pannuracotta - Kyurem
Solaros & Lunaris - Victini
Dragonpiley007 - Garchomp

I'll need these analyses out of WIP and updated to the current metagame and format by the end of the weekend. PM / VM / DM me if that's unrealistic for you and I'll see if we can make something else work! Keep in mind that if they aren't updated by the start of Monday and you haven't contacted me, I'll archive them.

Tagging Optifyツ & Yugon as well, you reserved Rillaboom and Mega Swampert, respectively, a while ago but never posted a WIP. Let me know how / if they're coming along. Also tagging Maple to get Nidoking out of WIP by the end of the weekend.

Let's get these done, guys!

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
OMPL Champion
We've been observing more and more concerns with respect to the enormous lag in getting an analysis uploaded as a result of the updated GP policy. There are a bunch of analyses that have been sitting in GP for over 2 months now. This is not ideal; National Dex metagames tend to develop quite rapidly, and as a result, each day in GP adds up to the amount of inaccuracies that build up in an analysis. This results in additional and unnecessary work afterwards.

We are making a slight change as a result: from now on, every analysis will require 1 GP check by default. Keep in mind, however, that GP members still reserve the right to stamp GP 1/2 if they believe an analysis will not be up to standards after just one check. I urge writers and QC members to keep this in mind; whether or not an analysis can be uploaded after one check is entirely in your hands.

I will be updating threads sitting at GP 0/2 to reflect this new policy. Needless to say, analyses currently at GP 1/2 will still require a final check prior to being uploaded.

Also taking this opportunity to remind adjustments, maroon, Maple, and Yami that they still have analyses in WIP. Get them into QC within the next two days please.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
OMPL Champion
Hi everyone! In the hopes of concretizing the path to QC, National Dex C&C will be employing the Trial QC system. Trial QC members are honorary QC members who are able to stamp analyses. However, they must acquire approval from an official QC team member prior to posting their QC check.

If you wish to join a trial QC team, you are encouraged to PM a National Dex C&C moderator (me & Jho for National Dex OU and maroon for National Dex Monotype). After we have put you into the trial QC team, you may PM your AMQC checks to a member of the official QC team. If the AMQC check is of desired quality, it will be approved by said official QC team member, after which you can proceed to post it in the analysis thread. Check out this thread for a list of official QC members per metagame. A trial QC member may be promoted to official QC member after submitting a handful of AMQC checks with high quality.

Feel free to PM me / Jho / maroon in case of any remaining questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)