Pet Mod Regional Evolutions (Concluded for Generation 8)

Modified Resubmission from Evolution Items:

A type of Staryu from the Distortion World whose body is completely petrified. The mysterious force allowing it to move like a living Staryu comes from the eye-like gemstone at its center.
Staring into its central jewel seems to induce extreme terror, leaving victims scared stiff as it makes its escape. Some say it can even take over the mind of anyone looking directly at it.

Updated Type: Rock
Updated Abilities: Intimidate/Natural Cure (HA: Serene Grace)
Updated Stats: 30/70/55/85/55/45

Removed Moves: Harden, Water Gun, Psybeam, Brine, Light Screen, Psychic, Surf, Cosmic Power, Hydro Pump
Replacement Moves: Leer, Astonish, Hex, Ancient Power, Glare, Rock Tomb, Shadow Sneak, Stealth Rock, Shadow Ball
New TMs: Rock Slide, Charm, Will-O-Wisp, Imprison, Fake Tears, Rock Blast, Magic Room, Phantom Force, Draining Kiss

Flavor/Design: Somehow, a Staryu - or a piece thereof; seeing as starfish can multiply after being cut apart, who would know the difference? - ended up being dropped off in the Distortion World, and reacted to its eldritch energy, turning into a living stone effigy of itself. Attempting to move led to it crumbling to pieces, but then they started making more and more Staryu, and now there's a whole army of these evil-eyed stony abominations everywhere! These Staryu are almost blindingly white instead of brown (or slate-gray in case of the shiny), with tentacles that are segmented and conical instead of pyramid-like, as well as being narrower and longer; these twitch and wriggle like octopus tentacles and allow it to haul itself slowly along, since it can't simply yeet itself like a shuriken anymore. The golden center portion is still there, but brass-colored instead, and the jewel in the center is now vivid acid-green with a red diamond-shaped marking in the center like a slitted pupil. It is this gemstone that emits a mysterious force that locks down the nervous system of its victims, allowing it to drain all the life force from them; petrified husks are often left in their wake, with some still crawling on them as though trying to suck the dregs of life from them with the sucker-like mouths in the midst of all their tentacles. Spooooooky.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: I didn't change the numbers at all compared to Kantonian Staryu's stat spread, just rearranged them - this Staryu is much slower but more heavily attack-oriented than its predecessor. Its Special Attack is still its best stat, but there's a distinct lack of good special Rock attacks to make use of it, so the poor thing is stuck with Power Gem and Ancient Power. Evolution will definitely change this, however...
Upon evolving, five of its arms have developed jewel-like eyes of their own, allowing it to see in any direction. However, only the largest central eye is capable of unleashing its deadliest attacks.
If you somehow survive looking into its middle eye, the spirit energy emitted by it may still drive you insane. Those who've escaped it will forever react to anything star-shaped with absolute terror.

Updated Type: Rock/Ghost
Updated Abilities: Intimidate/Natural Cure (HA: Serene Grace)
Updated Stats: 60/75/85/115/100/85
Evolution: Give Distorted Staryu a Dusk Stone

Removed Moves: Rapid Spin, Minimize, Swift, Psybeam, Brine, Light Screen, Psychic, Surf, Cosmic Power, Hydro Pump
Replacement Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Mean Look, Night Shade, Hex, Ancient Power, Glare, Rock Tomb, Shadow Sneak, Stealth Rock, Shadow Ball
New TMs: Rock Slide, Charm, Will-O-Wisp, Imprison, Fake Tears, Rock Blast, Magic Room, Phantom Force, Draining Kiss

Flavor/Design: Like Distorted Staryu, this is a Starmie with thinner, segmented arms than its Kanto form, its center gem being the same round green one with a red pupil as Staryu. Notably, though, five of its arms sport a simple round gem on the end as well, making them essentially eyestalks; the other five are plain. The arms of this Starmie are blue in color with darker blue random streaks on them, with the shiny's being red, referring to sapphire and ruby, but also blue and red marble; the center portion remains bronze-colored like with its predecessor.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: As with Distorted Staryu, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense have been rearranged to produce a Starmie that's slower, but specially sturdier and more powerful when it comes to ranged attacks. With the added Ghost type, it can now make good use of Shadow Ball, but some more specialized attacks might be useful for it later...
This line was originally going to be just Distorted Staryu and Stargoneion below, but I added Distorted Starmie for this resubmission to smooth the transition. I like the idea of it logically progressing from five arms, to ten, to fifteen total.
The Beholding Pokémon
Its many eyes are said to be able to see the past or the future, but no one has found out if this is true - and it's too hostile for this to be of use anyway. One can tell if a Stargoneion has been around by the presence of statues that look disturbingly life-like.
Its appearance strikes fear into the hearts of even the bravest of souls, allowing it to freely terrorize everyone it comes across. Ironically, shields and masks are sometimes fashioned in its image to protect their owners from other supernatural threats.

Name origin: Star + Gorgoneion
Type: Rock/Ghost
Abilities: Intimidate/Natural Cure (HA: Serene Grace)
Stats: 80/75/85/125/110/65 = 540
Height: 3'11"
Weight: 150 lbs

New Moves: Gem Glimmer (special Rock-type Dragon Breath clone, may cause flinching), Refracture (special Rock-type Night Daze clone), Curse, Death Stare (Ghost-type Zap Cannon clone, paralyzes target)
Evolution: Have Distorted Starmie level-up while it has less than 20% HP left
Flavor/Design: This many-armed eldritch horror resulted from a Distorted Starmie's regenerating process going haywire. It has fifteen arms in total, every one of them narrower, longer, and segmented and conical rather than pyramidal, and again, its center portion is now a bit larger proportionally, and is brass-colored with a round, green gem sporting a red diamond-shaped "pupil", with five small spikes in a ring around it. However, its five main arms are now colored rusty red with dull pink streaks like red marble (the shiny's arms are black, i.e. black marble), and each segment of each arm has a small spike on the underside for additional traction. The secondary arms are simple stalks which are stark white in color, and lapis-lazuli blue in the shiny. Most frightening of all, every one of its arms is tipped with a smaller green gem of its own; the ones on the secondary arms are little round gems, but each of the ones on the main arms has its own pupil. This enables it to see virtually anything anywhere, and some even believe it can see into the past or future, though this has yet to be proven. Notably, unlike the Kantonian Staryu line, it lies flat on the ground, at least five of its arms raised like eyestalks at all times while the rest pull it along. On its underside, at the center of all of its arms, is a five-part beak not unlike Omastar, the purpose of which is unclear - like Distorted Staryu and Starmie, it "eats" by absorbing life force through its eyes - but whatever it's used for, it can't be any good...
The shiny color schemes of Distorted Staryu, Distorted Starmie, and Stargoneion have vivid orange eyes with dark brown pupil markings. This is of course a reference to tiger's eye gemstones, while the regular colors are a more saturated version of cat's eye gems.
Stat Changes: For this last stage, I added 20 points to HP, and 20 points each to Special Attack and Special Defense, but removed 20 points from Speed for balance's sake. Slower but even more specially gifted than either Kantonian or Distorted Starmie, Stargoneion is a beam-spammer that's mainly here to royally fuck up someone's day while the chance is there, and preferably before it gets shattered to bits and dumped in the trash to make way for the next party member. Thankfully, its Ghost-type gives it a Fighting immunity and it can hit right back with Shadow Ball and Death Stare, while Gem Glimmer and Refracture are also useful for dishing out paralysis and lowering accuracy respectively. Its main failing is its six type weaknesses, all common and all dangerous, and while Draining Kiss helps with recovery and against Dark-types, its HP isn't quite good enough to justify it so much, and while it still has plenty of Water and Electric attacks to take on Ground- and Water-types respectively, that's about as far as its coverage goes, sadly. Of note however is that hidden ability, Serene Grace - given that two of its best STAB moves have a chance of inducing status, and two others have a chance of lowering specific stats, Stargoneion is capable of pulling off some pretty hax strategies involving either technique, abusing either flinching or paralysis to stop opponents in their tracks and give itself or its teammates the chance to really cause mayhem.

Did you know that there's a genus of basket star - a member of the brittle star order - called Gorgonocephalus? I've wanted to do something with that idea for a while now, but I wasn't sure how to implement it in a way that was only minimally family-unfriendly. When I saw that Distortion World variants are possible and that a few are accepted, though, I realized that a Ghost-type that drained life force in the same way as how Yveltal's Oblivion Wing is portrayed in the anime as turning things to stone was a pretty solid option, and even fits the classic gorgon's gaze well enough. The other major inspiration for this line is the gorgoneion, a Classical bit of iconography portraying Medusa's head on the shield of Athena as a ward against evil, even though Medusa herself was monstrous when she was alive. This is why I added in some flavor about masks and shields depicting it being used as wards, which also references the evil eye amulets of the Middle East (I would've made the gem colors and patterns a more direct reference to that, but I decided that felt too on-the-nose). Add in some influences from D&D's Beholder, starfish having simple eyes on the ends of each of their arms, and the fact that echinoderm skeletons are made of calcium carbonate - the same substance that comprises chalk, which in turn is formed from the fossilized remains of ancient sea creatures - and there you have it! I really like this concept, actually, and regardless of whether it ends up in this pet mod or not, I might end up keeping it for my own use later... ;)

----------

Resubmission from Around The World #2:

These Solosis once fed on chemicals from deep sea vents, but have since been domesticated in response to manmade pollution. Their bright colors warn predators of their awful taste.
Bred from their wild cousins as fast-acting cleaners, it's advised not to keep them around children. Ironically, young adults get sick from trying to eat them more often.

Updated Type: Psychic/Ground
Updated Abilities: Poison Heal/Magic Guard (Hidden Ability: Floor Cleaner [Screen Cleaner clone that removes entry hazards, created by sharpen42])
Updated Stats: 45/30/40/50/105/20

Removed Moves: None, but move the following to TMs/TRs, egg moves, or Tutors: Psyshock, Ally Switch, Future Sight, Wonder Room
Replacement Moves: Mud Shot, Purify, Earth Power, Aromatherapy
New TMs: All Ground-type TM/TRs/tutors

Flavor/Design: The wild ancestors of this type of Solosis originally lived in the deepest parts of the ocean, where it was content to feed on the toxic chemicals from black smokers like a typical extremophilic microorganism, but when pollution recently ravaged Alola's coasts and a number of other Pokémon were brought in to clean up after mankind's horrible, horrible act, a few of these poison-munching Solosis also appeared, though how they managed to make it up from the depths without getting screwed over by the water pressure difference is still a mystery. Upon noticing how good they were at scrubbing the oil off some very troubled waters, though, a few scientists from the Aether Foundation promptly captured and started breeding them. The resultant domesticated Solosis is slightly more rectangular in shape than its Unovan counterpart, and instead of green, it cell wall and the fluid inside are white or at least a very pale gray. Its inner body is also somewhat rounder, its two segments divided into one blue one and an orange one with one eye each and the mouth in the middle division; the little curl on its top is also absent. From each segment comes a "tail" that curves around the other one, the blue coming from the top and the orange from the bottom, giving it a look not unlike a certain type of laundry detergent pod...
Stat and Gameplay Changes: I simply switched the special stats for this one to better reflect a defensive/supportive role. I don't think I have anything else to say, really.
Scientists bred this variant of Duosion, which can clean virtually any surface, to address Alola's pollution problem. They've had a harder time breeding its digestive spit to be hand-friendly.
They can get a little enthusiastic in their cleaning, leaving slippery, foul-smelling spittle everywhere, but nonetheless mean well. Still, telling someone to drink their secretions is a common insult.

Updated Type: Psychic/Ground
Updated Abilities: Poison Heal/Magic Guard (Hidden Ability: Floor Cleaner)
Updated Stats: 65/40/50/60/125/30

Removed Moves: None, but move the following to TMs/TRs, egg moves, or Tutors: Psyshock, Ally Switch, Future Sight, Wonder Room
Replacement Moves: Mud Shot, Purify, Earth Power, Aromatherapy
New TMs: All Ground-type TM/TRs/tutors

Flavor/Design: The outer part of this Duosion is shaped somewhat like a large bottle, with a projection not unlike the one on the back of Mewtwo's neck on the back near the top suggesting a handle. The color changes are the same, though the body is a pale bluish white color and the head has the same changes as with Alolan Solosis. Notably, the organelle at the top is cylindrical in shape, suggesting a bottle cap of some kind - maybe it's so that detergent-like cytoplasm can't get out?
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Same as Alolan Solosis.
The Disinfection Pokémon
Feeding on grime and muck, there's no cleaning like that of a Sterilenzyme, the living nightmares of Grimer and Trubbish everywhere. Fortunately, they've refined their toxins so humans and other Pokémon are unharmed upon contact.
Its calm, collected demeanor helps it in times of tremendous stress, enabling them to clean up even the ugliest messes. A common response to seeing disturbing imagery is to wish it could clean out one's eyes and memories as well.

Name origin: Sterilize/Sterile + Enzyme
Type: Psychic/Ground
Abilities: Poison Heal/Magic Guard (Hidden Ability: Floor Cleaner)
Stats: 110/65/75/85/125/30 - 490
Height: 3'3"
Weight: 44.3 lbs

New Moves: Exfoliate (Signature move, special Ground-type Rapid Spin clone, replaces Hammer Arm)
Evolution: From Alolan Duosion at level 41
Flavor/Design: The body shape is somewhat similar to Reuniclus, with a clear round-ish body and two large organelle-filled arms, but the similarities end there partly because the color scheme changes are the same as the previous two forms. Its horns are shorter, and inside them are two oblong organs, one blue and one orange, that form brows over the eyes of the head which is split in half between blue and orange like its predecessors. The arms themselves are tentacle-like and tipped with clusters of feelers instead of fingers resembling simple scrubbing brushes, and can stretch out to either grab onto things or clean up surfaces otherwise out of reach. The bottom of the outer portion has six short nubby tentacles which it uses to move around, since it doesn't levitate like Reuniclus does, though it can also extend them to use like tentacles if need be; the overall form is vaguely like a jellyfish or flapjack octopus with stretchy arms attached. Its little body within the outer portion also has its arms constantly folded for no particular reason, I swear.
Stat Changes: The same switch of special stats from the previous two forms carries over here, and if anything, the defensive power of this master sanitizer has only reached new heights, though at the expense of its attack power. It doesn't necessarily need to be a powerhouse, though, as a lot of its strengths come from its support movepool. Notably, one of its abilities and its signature move are both geared towards hazard removal, and as one of its resistances is the Rock type, this along with the same hefty HP stat as Reuniclus allows it to switch in while Stealth Rock is active and promptly scrub your team's side of the field clean of not just Stealth Rock but every other entry hazard. Other support stuff includes the ever-useful Light Screen and Reflect, Heal Block, Knock Off, Thunder Wave, and even Purify for dual support and health recovery. This is a 'mon that shines its brightest in double battles where it can lend its aid to allies on the spot while keeping itself healthy, and to this end its more defensive stat spread is definitely needed given that it has twice as many type weaknesses as Reuniclus, though an Electric immunity is nice. In case it needs to actually hit back, it can also rely on the usual Calm Mind set with such moves as Psychic, Earth Power, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Focus Blast, though with much less special attack than Reuniclus, its damage output might leave something to be desired.

(Normal coloration on left, shiny coloration on right)​

This line was actually designed for fun prior to my participation in this mod, and I hope that doesn't disqualify it, but I modified it quite a bit despite the designs for them being basically the same as what I drew in the above artwork. The final stage was originally a regional Reuniclus but since this is a regional evolutions mod I decided to change its name and give the whole lot a new typing. The original inspiration was actually a shitpost by n0rtist (who's on various social media - check 'em out here!), who made a bunch of regional variants a while back based on Internet memes, and one of them was a Tide pod-based Solosis. I got inspired and got their permission to draw an entire variant line based on that, with some other relevant influences including bleach bottles, the Scrubbing Bubbles mascot, and Mr. Clean, with a few bleach-related memes thrown into the flavor for good measure. This is 100% cringe, I know, but I have no regrets whatsoever, and I highly recommend checking out n0rtist's work in general - they're in the process of creating an entire region based on scientific and technological concepts that's really well thought-out! Thank you once again for this, n0rtist, and hopefully you'll be able to appreciate this submission should you ever stop by the Smogon forums and chance across it!

On a more serious note, the overall inspiration for this line aside from meme material is the use of certain kinds of marine microbes, such as Alcanivorax borkumensis, to clean up pollutants such as oil spills. The cleanup of animals that got petroleum on them from said spills is also often done with the aid of laundry detergent because it's just that good at cleaning up grease and stains, which is where the bleach elements came in - after my previous Alolan Wingull line, this is the second variant themed around pollution cleanup, and the third if you count the canon Alolan Grimer line. This is also why I changed the typing from pure Poison as per n0rtist's original variant to Psychic/Ground, as it not only fits canon Solosis better, but because both types are the ones that are super-effective against Poison.

DeviantArt link

----------

New Submissions:

With talons that can tunnel straight through solid stone, it digs into the ground to make its den. This maze-like system of tunnels soon becomes home to other small Pokémon.
It gathers berries from trees around its territory and leaves them scattered around the entrances to its tunnels. It then preys on Bug-type Pokémon attracted by the berries.

Updated Type: Ground/Flying
Updated Abilities: Harvest/Keen Eye (Hidden Ability: Tinted Lens)
Updated Stats: 60/33/50/33/56/30

Removed Moves: Technically N/A, but move all Psychic-type level-up moves to TM, tutor, or egg moves where applicable.
Replacement Moves: Leer (replaces Growl), Scratch (replaces Tackle), Metal Claw (replaces Echoed Voice), Sand Tomb, Sand Attack, Rototiller, Dig, Crush Claw (replaces Take Down), Night Slash (replaces Uproar), Earth Power, Fissure, Earthquake
New TMs: All Ground- and Fairy-type TMs/TRs and tutor moves

Flavor/Design: A Hoothoot adapted for life in deserts, it has a small, light orange-brown body with a white belly sporting dark brown spots like dirt stains; the ends of its wings also have dark brown mottling. Its legs are longer than Johtonian Hoothoot and are gray in color (the beak is gray as well), with four short toes on each foot and very large white spade-like talons in an X-shape; it still stands on one foot to minimize contact with the heated ground. It doesn't have the brow tufts of its Johto cousin, its large amber-colored eyes being surrounded by thick black markings akin to a pair of glasses, though it does have two white feather tufts with dark brown tips poking out of the top of its head.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: I was thinking of a more defensive build here, I switched the Speed and physical Defense stats around, and took 3 points from Special Attack to add to physical Attack to equalize the two. The Ground typing offers a nice Electric immunity and a nice resistance to Poison, though don't get too cocky when using it - its weakness to Ice is even worse.
Though its wings are large and strong, it only rarely flies, instead chasing after its prey on the ground. It's said that it is weighed down by the ancient knowledge it stores in its feathers.
Its senses are fine-tuned for hunting deep beneath the earth, but this leaves little room for remembering things. It spends most of its time excitedly searching for new secrets to uncover.

Updated Type: Ground/Flying
Updated Abilities: Harvest/Keen Eye (Hidden Ability: Tinted Lens)
Updated Stats: 100/55/96/55/96/50

Removed Moves: Technically N/A, but move all Psychic-type level-up moves to TM, tutor, or egg moves where applicable.
Replacement Moves: Scratch (replaces Tackle), Metal Claw (replaces Echoed Voice), Sand Tomb, Sand Attack, Rototiller, Dig, Crush Claw (replaces Take Down), Night Slash (replaces Uproar), Earth Power, Fissure, Earthquake
New TMs: All Ground- and Fairy-type TMs/TRs and tutor moves. A notable new egg move is Moonlight from Noivern.

Flavor/Design: In this case, the head and torso smoothly join with one another, and the standing on one leg is kept - this design is a middle-ground between Johtonian Noctowl and the unused beta design. Essentially, it has the overall shape of the beta design, but the same spade-like talons as Orrean Hoothoot, the same eyes and beak as canon!Noctowl but the brow tufts of the beta (which are white striped and tipped with dark brown), and rows of V-shaped dark brown markings like Noctowl's on the white belly as well as Noctowl's large wings. The color scheme is unchanged, light orange-brown with a white belly, gray beak and feet with white spade-like claws in an X-shaped formation, wings edged with dark brown mottling like dirt stains, and amber-colored eyes surrounded by rings of white and dark brown, though the eyes themselves are larger and rounder, almost like a pair of flight goggles or binoculars. The tail is also shorter and dark brown in color, and shaped a bit like the head of a shovel.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: This time around, I switched the Defense and Special Attack, but also took 10 points from Speed to add to the defense, so the physical and special defenses are equal. Then I noticed its main weak point was its attacking power, so I took 10 more points from Attack and added 5 to each offensive stat for slightly more offensive punch. Not that it matters much, since this is intended as a heavily defensive Pokémon, but still...

The Lorekeeper Pokémon
It sleeps deep underground during the daytime, accumulating immense power by dreaming about the wisdom of long-lost civilizations. As it hunts for knowledge all night long, other Pokémon wisely remain at a safe distance.
Though it has lost its ability to fly altogether, its large wings are still used to shield it from the elements as it travels the world in search of discoveries. The dust it can throw from its plumage can put someone to sleep within minutes.

Name origin: Archaeology/Arcane + Athene (the genus name of the burrowing owl)
Type: Ground/Fairy
Abilities: Harvest/Trace (Hidden Ability: Tinted Lens)
Stats: 110/90/96/90/96/60 - 542
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 250 lbs

New Moves: Play Rough, Sleep Powder, Dream Dust (Fairy-type Sleep Powder clone), Spirit Break, Vanquish (physical Fairy-type Crunch clone created by Rasdanation)
Evolution: Level up Orrean Noctowl while afflicted by the Sleep status
Flavor/Design: An immense, almost dinosaurian kaiju-like owl monster, this massive bird-zilla is definitely unlike the previous two stages and, if anything, looks more like Excadrill and Noctowl had a baby that in turn had a baby with Tyranitar. It stands on two legs with a short, trowel-shaped dark brown tail hanging low behind it, its digitigrade feet still sporting X-shaped feet and large spade-like claws, but its legs are very thick to support its stocky, upright body. Its large wings can fold around it like a cape, the outside being light brown edged with darker brown like dirt stains, but as they unfurl to unleash its Ground-type attacks, they reveal a forest-green interior along with huge muscular feathered arms with large Ursaring-like clawed hands, the arms being not unlike an extinct therizinosaur in shape; the green part has several glowing yellow star-shaped markings as well. The large head resembles Noctowl's in shape, but the tufts are straighter with a white coloring and dark brown bands; the amber eyes are again larger and rounder with dark brown and white rings around them like goggles. The lower part of the face below the eyes is white, but the plumage around the rest of the head and a ruff around the neck is dark brown almost like a hood; the ruff has a dark green outer part as well like a leafy wreathe, with a few small red berries on it here and there. Finally, its beak is much larger, shaped more like Braviary's than Noctowl's.
The shiny sprites for all three stages of this line simply reverse the dark brown and light orange-tan coloring, more like an actual burrowing owl's color scheme. Archathene's shiny sprite has golden berries and a vivid sapphire blue color and cyan-colored stars on the underside of its cloak.
Stat Changes: Trading its Flying type for Fairy, this third stage adds 10 points to HP, 35 points to each offensive stat, and 10 points to Speed, allowing it to be a decently serviceable mixed tank with such STAB moves as Earthquake, Moonblast, Earth Power, Spirit Break, and Vanquish, with a bunch of Psychic moves and other stuff like Metal Claw and Night Slash as coverage. Of note however is that it is also capable of employing a variety of supporting moves such as Rototiller, Moonlight, Whirlwind as an egg move, and especially Dream Dust - while that last one isn't 100% accurate, it guarantees putting a foe to sleep, which can seriously screw over an opponent's plans if timed properly. Its main drawback is that it has little in the way of countering the types it's weak to, with only Heat Wave to cover Steel, Grass, and Ice, and nothing against Water; while its HP is hefty enough that it can take a hit, its actual defensive stats might leave something to be desired. It does learn Roost for recovery, but if you want, you can instead run it with Harvest and a health-restoring berry to free up a moveslot for a different move to help with its offensive stats. Calm Mind or Swords Dance work fine for this, whichever you're more comfortable with!

This is another regional evolution idea that technically existed in my head prior to submitting it to this mod - it was originally meant for a little just-for-fun project involving creating an entire fakemon region based on the Hololive talents! The original intent here was just a Ground-type Hoothoot with a burrowing owl/archaeologist motif that evolved into something else instead of Noctowl, an obvious reference to Mumei Nanashi (who has an owl motif and is said to embody human civilization). Since there's already a variant Hoothoot/Noctowl line in this mod, however, I've had to adjust accordingly. The Harvest ability references not only Mumei's sweet berry obsession in Minecraft, but also the importance of agriculture in early human civilization; Trace meanwhile refers to how versatile mankind is along with Archathene's interest in knowledge and discovery. Archathene's design also harkens back to large Cretaceous bird relatives such as therizinosaurs and dromaeosaurs, with the folkloric sandman, D&D's Owlbear and Malfestio from Monster Hunter mixed in as well.

----------

Altered by a strange technology, these Aipom have gained bizarre characteristics that defy classification. Every action of theirs seems unfocused and random.
Wherever a troop of Unovan Aipom appears, chaos inevitably ensues. On very rare occasions, however, they leave the place more orderly than it was before.

Updated Type: Normal/Bug
Updated Abilities: Run Away/Moody (Hidden Ability: Compound Eyes)
Updated Stats: 55/61/61/61/61/61

Removed Moves: Technically N/A, but move Sand Attack, Baton Pass, Tickle, Screech, Double Hit, Fling, and Nasty Plot to TMs/TRs, tutors, and egg moves as appropriate.
Replacement Moves: String Shot (replaces Sand Attack), U-turn (replaces Baton Pass), Sticky Web (replaces Tickle), Skitter Smack (replaces Screech), Memory Bug (Special Bug-type Thunder clone, can cause the same effect as Torment, replaces Double Hit), Electroweb (replaces Fling), Infestation (replaces Nasty Plot)
New TMs: All Bug-type and Electric-type TMs/tutor moves, plus Metronome, Encore, and Hyper Voice by TR

Flavor/Design: Once upon a time, a bioengineering corporation decided to bring in several Aipom for testing of some very dubious technology said to alter and enhance their DNA. Some of these enhanced Aipom escaped, and since then they've run amok and displaced a lot of native Pokémon (the elemental monkeys especially), not unlike the time when a real-world medical company accidentally got a bunch of macaques loose in Texas. This Aipom has black fur instead of purple, and though its face is much the same, there are two blue dots like ocelli above its normal eyes like on a spider; the eyes are also blue in color rather than white. The biggest change though is its tail - Now, it stands on the "hand" on the end, which is yellow and fuzzy like a Joltik's body, its long fingers resembling Joltik's legs with yellow fuzz and blue tips, and arranged almost like the legs of a spider.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: For this line, I decided to do something quite different - instead of rearranging the stats from the base form's stat spread, I subtracted the HP stat from the BST and divided the rest by 5, which got me and even 61 for all stats in the case of Aipom. Because the Moody ability raises one stat at random aside from HP, I figured it'd make the most sense to have all stats except HP be equal. There is thus no predictability regarding what Moody will do to Aipom - either the special or physical stats could be maxed out, allowing it to perform all kinds of roles depending on the situation, but only if the RNG is in your favor at precisely the right moment. You can try and skew specific stats in your favor with specific moves like Agility or Nasty Plot, but specific sets will need the Moody ability to affect the correct stats for the job. This is your best bet at any boost-related shenanigans, as its other two abilities offer no benefit given that most of its moves have 100% accuracy (meaning you have basically little reason to use CompoundEyes in the first place), and Run Away... is Run Away. :/
The Skitter Tail Pokémon
It is a fastidious Pokémon with an emphasis on cleanliness and organization. Its many tails allow it to efficiently set things exactly as it feels they should be, though its methods may sometimes come off as peculiar.
While capable of taking care of themselves well enough, these unnatural creations prefer to follow instructions as much as possible. As handy as this is, it can also lead to disaster if their trainer's orders are vague enough.

Name origin: Arachnid + Ambipom
Type: Normal/Bug
Abilities: Technician/Moody (Hidden Ability: Compound Eyes)
Stats: 77/81/81/81/81/81
Height: 4'
Weight: 44.8 lbs

New Moves: Fell Stinger (relearnable starting move)
Evolution: Level-up Unovan Aipom while knowing Memory Bug
Flavor/Design: This regional evolution builds off of Aipom's design rather than Ambipom's, and though there's still a hint of Ambipom in its head-to-body proportions, the head still resembles Aipom's more, with big round blue eyes and no visible nostrils. It has four occeli instead of two, and three jagged wire-thin antennae come out of the top of its head with yellow deely-bobber-like balls on the end. It has six stunted limbs, four arms and two legs; the arms are yellow in color with purple elbows. As with Unovan Aipom, the tails are the biggest change - it now has three, with the swollen purple-colored hands each resembling the abdomen of a Galvantula. The long fingers are blue with yellow fuzz from the knuckle to near the tip, and the purple part of the hands has yellow markings like Galvantula's abdomen. The tails themselves join together at a large purple ball on the main body's butt like a Hamadryas baboon's swollen rump; this in turn joins with the underbelly that is also purple in color. Weirdest of all, there's an eye like Galvantula's large blue ones on the top of each hand, as well, suggesting that the hands have brains and behaviors of their own.
The shiny sprites for this line use the same shiny colors as with Joltik and Galvantula themselves for their tails. The body and head fur meanwhile is purple - not like Johtonian/Sinnohan Aipom and Ambipom's though, but like Genesect's...
Stat Changes: The same change I made to Unovan Aipom's stats, taking the HP from the BST and dividing the remainder by 5 for the rest, also applies to Arachnipom compared to Ambipom's stats; in this case, though, I had to add a little to the HP so the numbers could result in even integers. The general idea is still the same, however. Normal and Bug STAB are fun and all, but the Electric typing is also worth noting - CompoundEyes Thunder is an obvious application, but I also tailored its signature move, Memory Bug, with this ability's benefit in mind. Because a successful Memory Bug can prevent an opponent from using the same move twice in a row, it's great for shutting down foes that rely on spamming one specific attack in order to succeed. Considering that the alternative is Moody, this might actually be a pretty decent option if you can get a good Nasty Plot in - add in Hyper Voice for Normal STAB and probably Thunder as an anti-Flying coverage option, and you should be golden. A pity that this thing has no answers to Rock or Fire-type moves, but given the fact that U-turn is almost as useful for it as it is for Ambipom (poorer speed notwithstanding), there's no reason for it to stay in a prolonged brawl anyway.

Remember the pluggage for n0rtist I did for my Alolan Solosis line above? Well, this line is based on the same ideas as one of their STEMian fakemon families, Monbogo and Atelgo. As with my Solosis variant line, I did my damndest to distinguish this monke from n0rtist's in terms of design if not concept; if anything, though, that's a definite testament to how creative those original designs were. I just hope they don't take it as a direct ripoff! The "spider monkey" pun is a typical way to go about the Normal/Bug type combo, but n0rtist's implementation of that idea is genius in and of itself. See, in computer science, an algorithm is a finite sequence of rigorous well-defined instructions typically used to solve a class of specific problems or to perform a calculation - essentially, it's a series of specifications for performing calculations and data processing. Sorting algorithms aim to put every item on a list in order, and while there are different ways of going about this, one of the least efficient, Bogosort, is simply to randomly order everything and hope you get a sorted list by chance. For Monbogo's design, n0rtist compared this to the Infinite Monkey Theorem, wherein an infinite number of monkeys typing for an infinite length of time can eventually write out a coherent piece of literature... but needless to say, nobody wants to wait that long! Hence, more efficient sorting algorithms like Quick sort, which Atelgo's design references. I decided to distinguish my regional Aipom by not referring to this, but instead referencing Merge sort, which is equally efficient as a sorting algorithm - basically, you divide the unsorted list into a number of sublists, each containing one element (a list of one element is considered sorted), and then repeatedly merge these sublists to produce new sorted sublists until there is only one fully sorted list left. Hence, the three long fingers on each of Arachnipom's tail hands representing a "joining" of three sorted sublists, then each of the three tails in turn joining to a single body (with the tail hands also mimicking Joltik and Galvantula in the vein of the spider-tailed viper). There's also three pairs of limbs in a bug-like configuration, three pairs of eyes, and in general an emphasis on the number three for everything. This refers to the ternary or base 3 numbering system, which uses only 0, 1, and 2 as its digits, and is in fact the most economical way of representing integer numbers.

Once again, my apologies to n0rtist if the reference I made with this line was too close to plagiarism for comfort, and if they do find out and are okay with this then that's fine by me, but if they do take issue with it, then I will humbly request to remove it from this project. Regardless, I can't recommend the Stema region enough in its own right! If you want to check out the full list of the designs for it so far, just track down n0rtist wherever their social media is!

----------

The Glider Pokémon
Its frills are so large that a strong-enough breeze can carry it into the sky. It learns to take advantage of this to travel from place to place.
These Helioptile were forced to adapt when a storm blew them far from their original home. They can only glide, though, and can't truly fly.

Updated Type: Flying/Normal
Updated Abilities: Dry Skin/Tinted Lens (Hidden Ability: Cloud Nine)
Updated Stats: 44/61/33/38/43/70

Removed Moves: Mud-Slap, all Electric-type moves
Replacement Moves: Twister (replaces Mud-Slap), Peck, Wing Attack, Tailwind, Aerial Ace, Roost, Air Slash, Defog, Sky Attack
New TMs: All Flying-type moves except Brave Bird

Flavor/Design: A Helioptile with a white and light blue-gray coloration instead of yellow and black, it's notable for having a diamond-shaped horizontal skin flap on the end of its tail, and frills that are a half-size bigger than normal and used like gliding wings, forming a half-circle in shape when spread behind its head while in flight (similar to Aang's glider in Avatar: The Last Airbender). It also has translucent scales over its eyes like Flygon's goggles, whose colors are different depending on which of the islands of Lental it is found in: Red (Florio), Orange (Belusylva), Yellow (Maricopia), Green (Voluca), Blue (Durice), and Purple (Aurus).
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Kalosian Helioptile's stat spread is 44/38/33/61/43/70. I decided to switch the special and physical attack stats around to make it a physical attacker, but Flying/Normal just isn't that good a type combo. That'll be addressed later, but for now, just stick all the Flying STAB you can on it and call it a day, maybe?
The Glider Pokémon
The frills on their necks and arms are adapted to catch as much of the wind as possible. They glide so expertly that they can remain in formation all day, without ever touching the ground.
Different populations have markings that vary in color depending on the island they call home. Teams of each color compete each year by soaring nonstop throughout the entire region.

Updated Type: Flying/Normal
Updated Abilities: Dry Skin/Tinted Lens (Hidden Ability: Cloud Nine)
Updated Stats: 62/109/52/55/94/109
Evolution: Have Lentalese Helioptile level-up while holding Safety Goggles

Removed Moves: Mud-Slap, all Electric-type level-up moves (if applicable, move to TMs/TRs, tutors, or egg moves)
Replacement Moves: Twister (replaces Mud-Slap), Mirror Move, Peck, Wing Attack, Breaking Swipe (replaces Bulldoze), Tailwind, Aerial Ace, Roost, Air Slash, Defog, Sky Attack
New TMs: All Flying-type moves except Brave Bird

Flavor/Design: A white and blue-gray Heliolisk adapted for gliding great distances, it has a similar body shape to Kalosian Heliolisk, but it also has a pair of frills on its sides that each look like a quarter of Kalosian Heliolisk's frill, joined to its arms like a wingsuit as it glides. The neck frill also flares out horizontally rather than vertically, forming a half-circle shape to stabilize the head and neck in flight, so essentially it's two half-circles in a row. The tail vane is also present, and it, the frills, and the markings that would be orange on Kalosian Heliolisk have the same island-specific color variation as its predecessor. Most important of all, it has two black stripes down its back and around its shoulders, and matching markings around its round eyes joined together like a bridge, giving the impression of a skydiver with flight goggles.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Same as Lentalese Helioptile.
The Wingdrake Pokémon
The colors of a Helioptere's wings are said to herald different types of weather. Helioptere of each color usually keep to themselves and their respective islands, but a group of every color together is thought to be a sign of a natural disaster.
It spends its entire life gliding high above the clouds, and can remain airborne even while fast asleep. Its association with weather is the subject of many folk tales, and some say it's an emissary of a Legendary Pokémon from a faraway region.

Name origin: Helio + Amphiptere ("two-winged" in Latin)
Type: Flying/Dragon
Abilities: Dry Skin/Tinted Lens (Hidden Ability: Delta Stream)
Stats: 62/119/62/55/94/119 - 511
Length: 16'
Weight: 130.1 lbs

New Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Weather Front (physical Weather Ball clone, changes type depending on weather), Outrage
Evolution: Trade Lentalese Heliolisk while holding a Dragon Scale
Flavor/Design: Longer and more serpentine than Heliolisk, this majestic flying lizard glides on wings of skin with a winding, slithering motion. Its side frills and arms have fused into wings that resemble a boomerang with slightly recurved shapes, the leading edges being smooth and the trailing edges having rows of points like Heliolisk's frill. Two more pairs of sails are seen on the neck (from the back of the skull to the nape) and from the base to halfway down the tail, while the tail vane now resembles a quarter of Heliolisk's spread frill as well; because it spends so much time airborne, it has also lost its legs entirely, and the arms have been reduced to a grayish-white leading edge on the underside of each wing. The head has elongated with a sharp pointed snout almost like a beak, the black markings over the eyes now invoking the windshield of a plane, while two backswept crests like Charizard's or Aerodactyl's are also visible over its eyes. The trailing edges of the wings and tail fins, the undersides of the wings themselves, and the markings on the limbs are all colored the same as the Lentalese Heliolisk it evolved from, while the rest of the body is countershaded, with a blue-gray topside, neck, and head, and a grayish white underbelly, arms, and tail. The fins, facial markings, the back stripes, and two more stripes on the underside of each wing are black in color.
Stat Changes: Starting from Lentalese Heliolisk's stat spread, I each added ten points to physical Attack, physical Defense, and Speed. The most important change, however, is its ability - I'm worried that Delta Stream might get it banned, but the Not-So-Signature Abilities slate included it albeit with the caveat that it'd have to be evaluated carefully, and I'm pretty sure there was at least one previous submission with it as an ability as well. Either way, Helioptere with Delta Stream would have some of the most absurd Flying-type physical attacks this side of Mega Rayquaza, and if it somehow had access to Brave Bird, well... yeah, that's exactly why I decided to ban it from learning that even though it's a TR. That and this thing isn't even bird-like, so... yeah. Anyway, Aerial Ace has useful priority, Acrobatics hits super-hard if it's not holding an item, and... well, Fly and Sky Attack are both two-turn moves so those aren't as useful, but they're still there, maybe. It also gets a bunch of powerful Dragon-type attacks plus its signature move Weather Front for the sake of coverage, as its Special Attack is just outright pathetic which means Weather Ball is off the table. Running it alongside a harsh sunlight setter would give it a solid Fire-type attack in case of Ice-types, but that would sacrifice the ridiculousness that is Delta Stream and Dry Skin is ass for Sun users, so Tinted Lens is probably your best bet for Sun teams, especially since this thing has virtually no other coverage moves that Heliolisk can't learn, its only answer to Fairy-types being Iron Tail. Notably, like Kalosian Heliolisk, Helioptere does learn U-Turn, and its excellent speed and physical attack, along with the fact that no type is immune to Bug despite so many types resisting it, make it a solid candidate for some pretty hilarious shenanigans with it, especially alongside Tinted Lens.

Heliolisk does not get enough love, and though there's at least one accepted entry already with it, I wanted to try a Flying-type frilled lizard because one of my favorite old fakemon designs on DeviantArt used that idea. The Helioptile line existing now would make that line redundant, so it was regional variants to the rescue. I went with a cross between a hang glider and an amphiptere with some elements of jets and pilots mixed in. I don't know if there's any canon examples of a Flying-type that spends its entire existence airborne without landing at all, but I figured it was worth a shot because it's a common enough concept in many speculative evolution projects that I thought it was fitting. We need more Pokemon designs that look like reasonable potential descendants of their predecessors millions of years in the future.

----------

They digest food externally, spitting a foul liquid that can dissolve anything before lapping it up. They gather at filthy places such as garbage dumps.
Depending on what it's eaten, the color of the fluid in its acid sac can vary in color. They are sometimes used to dispose of dangerous chemicals safely.

Updated Type: Bug/Poison
Updated Abilities: Adaptability/Shield Dust (Hidden Ability: Toxidize [Scrappy clone - enables Poison-type moves to hit Steel-types for normal effectiveness])
Updated Stats: 40/45/30/75/30/84

Removed Moves: All Fairy- and Psychic-type moves, plus Sweet Scent, Aromatherapy, and Stun Spore
Replacement Moves: Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot (replacing Fairy Wind, Draining Kiss, and Dazzling Gleam, respectively); Bug Bite (replaces Struggle Bug, which is now an egg move); Toxic (replaces Sweet Scent); Supersonic (replaces Aromatherapy); Knock Off (replaces Stun Spore)
New TMs: All Poison- and Dark-type TMs/TRs/tutors

Flavor/Design: A Cutiefly adapted to feed from landfills and the waste-dumping sites of Galar's many factories, this little bugger is dull purple and dark gray in color a la Trubbish instead of yellow and white. Its wings are white in color with pale red veins on them, while its eyes are large, spherical, and red with a darker red spiral marking in each of them. Instead of a pointed proboscis, it has a tube-shaped one with a nozzle at the end from which it can spit a foul, caustic fluid to predigest its food. Lastly, there is a translucent round bubble on its backside corresponding to where an abdomen would be, full of bubbling fluid. Ideally, the 3D sprite for this thing would have a visual gimmick wherein the contents of its butt-mounted acid sac would vary depending on its held item, with differently colored fluid as well as a simple 3D sprite for the held item floating inside. By default, though, the acid is neon purple with a slight luminescent effect.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: The pitch I had in my head for this line was "What if Mega Beedrill was a special attacker?". To this end, I cut 10 points from each defensive stat and added them to Special Attack. Gunk Shot and Bug Buzz are your best STAB bets here, though support stuff like Knock Off, Toxic, and Supersonic are also promising given how fast it is.
A steady diet of all kinds of strange compounds has addled its brain, causing it to act unpredictably. It gets a petty thrill out of annoying others just to see what will happen.
By mixing noxious chemicals in their acid sacs, they can enhance themselves in different ways. They prey on Grimer and Trubbish, keeping their populations under control.

Updated Type: Bug/Poison
Updated Abilities: Adaptability/Shield Dust (Hidden Ability: Toxidize)
Updated Stats: 60/55/50/115/60/124

Removed Moves: All Fairy- and Psychic-type moves, plus Sweet Scent, Aromatherapy, and Stun Spore
Replacement Moves: Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, Belch (replacing Fairy Wind, Draining Kiss, and Dazzling Gleam, respectively); Bug Bite (replaces Struggle Bug, which is now an egg move); Toxic (replaces Sweet Scent); Supersonic (replaces Aromatherapy); Knock Off (replaces Stun Spore)
New TMs: All Poison- and Dark-type TMs/TRs/tutors

Flavor/Design: Like Galarian Cutiefly, Ribombee has traded flower pollen for literal scum of the earth, and has changed accordingly - it too has dull purple in place of yellow and dirty gray in place of white, while its wings are white with red veins and its eyes are big, round, red, and have dark red spirals in them as well as black rings around them joined by a black "bridge" like a mad scientist's goggles. Instead of a scarf, it has dirty off-white fluff around its neck, shoulders, and arms in a manner almost invoking a shabby labcoat. Its body also has scuzzy tufts of hair all around it with short, jagged, white-colored antennae, and instead of a small mouth it has a large toothy grin like Baikinman, which conceals a long tubular tongue to suck up the various disgusting fluids that make up its diet. Finally, the round glass-like bubble full of purple acid is now on its back between its wings, giving it a sort of "hunchbacked lab assistant" look.
Stat and Gameplay Changes: Same as Galarian Cutiefly.
The Mad Science Pokémon
The genome of a Ribombee apparently combined with that of a human when it was traded, enabling it to evolve into a very strange form. Its pitiful outward impression conceals a cruel intellect, manipulating others to do its bidding.
A group of Helpmee is called a "laboratory" - an apt descriptor for their insatiable curiosity and a love of dangerous experiments. When threatened, they spray a glowing, acidic spit that can inflict all kinds of bizarre and deadly effects.

Name origin: "HELP ME! HEEEELP MEEEE!!"
Type: Bug/Poison
Abilities: Adaptability/Shield Dust (Hidden Ability: Toxidize)
Stats: 65/55/50/150/70/145 - 535
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 210 lbs

New Moves: Ant Acid (Bug-type Apple Acid clone); Bile Blast (Bug-type Belch clone); Noxious Brew (Poison-type special Tri Attack clone, causes either burning, confusion, or bad poisoning where applicable)
Evolution: Trade Galarian Ribombee
Flavor/Design: A strange thing has happened to a Galarian Ribombee that got teleported by the trading system - human DNA, possibly from a stray hair or dead skin flakes that got stuck to its body, got mixed up with the Ribombee's as it rematerialized, triggering an evolution into a truly twisted creation of mad science! An arthropodian abomination that wants to raid your fridge at six in the morning! Behold and beware, it's HELPMEE!!
The overall body shape is even more human-like than Ribombee, but many elements of its pre-evo are still there. The toothy mouth is gone, and the nozzle snoot is back, and is somewhat thicker than Galarian Cutiefly's with an almost trunk-like look - think of the Aardvark's snout from The Ant and the Aardvark, but with a wider mouth shaped not unlike a vacuum cleaner. The white, jagged antennae are now on either side of this proboscis and invoke a mustache in shape, while there are two enormous, very long, dirty-white hair tufts just above the eyes like a mix of angry eyebrows and Dr. Wily's iconic hairstyle, but the rest of the head is the same as Galarian Ribombee's, the large red eyes still sporting spirals and black glasses markings around them. The rest of the body is shaped roughly like that of Scizor's, but instead of sleek red armor, its exoskeleton is dull purple with sparse hairs throughout, and the upper parts of its legs are black, the lower legs and its two-clawed feet like Scyther's being dull purple. The thorax/torso is covered in dirty-fur like the lower legs and eyebrows, and extends all the way down the arms and way past either side of its back a crude impression of a scientist's lab coat; the edges are mottled with stains of various colors, and more such stains are scattered throughout as a result of its grim and grimy experiments permanently staining its fur. Disturbingly, it has large, gray, five-fingered hands shaped like Mr. Mime's, even down to the finger pads, though the pads here are gray. Its acid sac, shaped roughly like a round chemistry flask with a noticeable stalk, joins to a ring of gray armor mounted on the backside, and is angled upward so the fluid inside is still able to flow into the rest of its body. The legs join the body more towards the front than the sides like in Scizor. Finally, it has only one pairs of usable wings, resembling Scizor's upper wings and white in color with red veins and a dull purple upper portion joining with the rest of the body; there are, however, two small purple knobs on gray stalks like switch handles as well, positioned where Scizor's hind wings would be and joining to two purple round protrusions on either side of the lower back. These in fact are based on the halteres that real flies use to help control their movement in the air... as well as the "pull the switch" trope that's bound to turn up wherever mad scientists do.
Stat Changes: Combining the stat spreads for Mega Beedrill and Galarian Ribombee, I made Helpmee's Special Attack a nice 150 to match Mega Beedrill's 150 Attack, and made the Special Defense and Speed the same as Mega Beedrill's as well, but changed nothing else. You'd expect a housefly-based Pokemon to be a heck of an annoyance, and indeed, Helpmee does get Supersonic, Taunt, and of course Toxic, but that 150 Special Attack can't just sit there gathering dust! To this end, I added three signature moves, all of which can be powered up by Adaptability if need be. Ant Acid (I regret nothing about that name btw) lowers the Special Defense of its target, leaving it more and more vulnerable as it's used in succession, while Noxious Brew is both decently powerful and capable of inflicting some nasty statuses if the RNG is by your side - its signature HA, Toxidize, is there to help it nail Steel types that Noxious Brew would otherwise be useless against. Notably, however, there's also its third signature move which, alongside Belch, can synergize with Adaptability and Helpmee's ludicrous Special Attack stat once it does one thing Mega Beedrill can't: eat a Berry. Fire off just one of either attack, and anything that doesn't resist either Bug or Poison had best be writing its will - to say nothing of the four types that are weak to either type. Unfortunately, getting the berry itself to be used is easier said than done - you'd have to bring in a berry meant to cure a specific status condition and hope an enemy move causes it... or worse, have Helpmee survive at 25% health. Even if it has five resistances, its four weaknesses are commonly used enough to be a cause for concern, and its physical defense is so awful that you might as well just give up on the "get to 25% health or less and live" front. Your best bet with this strategy would probably be to use the Lum Berry and hope to take a non-damaging move that inflicts a status effect, though naturally, an enemy with Unnerve would put the kibosh on this strategy completely, so for greater reliability, the safest bet for Lum Berry users would arguably be to run Noxious Brew with Toxidize alongside Bile Blast or Bug Buzz with Adaptability alongside Belch - and even then, it's worth keeping in mind that the only type that resists Bug but is weak to Poison is Fairy, and Bug is not super-effective against any of the types resisted by Poison, to say nothing of the utter lack of coverage Helpmee has against Flying, Fire, or Rock-types that can swiftly crush it with a variety of powerful physical attacks. So while you might be tempted to run both Bile Blast and Belch in the same moveset for the sheer joy of nuking certain opponents out of existence, you'll quickly notice that this isn't very wise.

The original pitch I had in my head for this line was a Bug/Dark housefly that eventually took on traits of robber flies and the demon Beelzebub, but ultimately I got carried away with the idea of a mad scientist fly instead, homaging both movie versions of The Fly wherein a teleporting accident causes the protagonist to swap body parts with a housefly... fatally so. The trading evolution is an inverted nod to this, wherein human DNA somehow gets mixed into the bug's genome in the vein of the 1986 remake with Jeff Goldblum as poor Seth Brundle. Adding in more and more mad science traits led me to swap Dark for Poison, as flies tending to be attracted to dirty places in fiction alongside their regurgitating digestive fluid to feed led me to think of the crazy chemical experiments and concoctions typical of fictional scientists as well. I did want to include a reference to mutated Hox genes giving fruit flies arms instead of antennae, but in the end I decided that it was better off without that nod, as it's already pretty overstuffed with mad science-y things as it is. This is arguably one of the more twisted concepts for a regional variant family that I've come up with, but hey, at least it was probably just a stray hair or fingernail clipping that ended up in the teleporter alongside Ribombee rather than, say, an entire person. I'd hate to imagine the bad press that'd result if it was the latter!

Last edited:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Resub from Not-So-Signature Moves slate:
:ss/chatot:
Galarian Chatot
Type:
Electric/Flying
Stats: 76/55/55/82/52/91 (411) (-10 Atk, +10 Def, -10 SpA, +10 SpD)
Abilities: Soundproof, Heavy Metal (HA: Galvanize)
New Moves: Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Volt Switch
Removed Moves: Synchronoise, Steel Wing, Sunny Day, Agility, Nasty Plot
Flavor/Design: Instead of the blue, yellow and green plumage of its Sinnohan counterpart, Galarian Chatot has black, gray and red feathers, and the white fluffy feathers around its neck are replaced with black spiky ones. The tufts of feathers at the end of its wings are also spikier than Sinnohan Chatot’s. The ball-like part of its tail has a row of spikes around it, and the music-note-like protrusion on its head has no stem and has moved forward on its head, making it somewhat resemble a mohawk. Galarian Chatot’s singing is loud and discordant. It can mimic the sounds it hears and even human speech, but it prefers to create its own sounds, the louder the better.

Rockatoo
Type:
Electric/Flying
Stats: 86/85/75/102/72/109 (519) (+10 HP, +10 Atk, +20 Def, +20 SpA, +20 SpD, +18 Spe)
Abilities: Punk Rock, Shocking Noise (HA: Galvanize)
Shocking Noise - Poison Touch clone. Sound attacks have a 30% chance to paralyze. (Sound-based status moves are unaffected.)

New Moves: Overdrive, Boomburst, Parting Shot, Obstruct, Clangorous Soul, Aeroblast, Galarian Chatot’s moves
Height/Weight: 1.6 m, 18.2 kg (5’03”, 40.1 lbs)
Flavor/Design: Rockatoo is taller and bulkier than its pre-evolution, with a chain wrapped across its torso like a sash and a ring of feathers around its neck resembling a spiked collar. Its tail has several rings of spikes around it, and it has a large red pattern resembling a skull on each wing. Its plumage is largely black with red highlights. It has a large, green tuft of feathers on its head resembling a mohawk, and it has feathers around its eyes that make it appear to be wearing a pair of sunglasses. Rockatoo’s screeches can be heard several miles away. They are grating to the ears of most, but certain subcultures have formed around listening to and appreciating its vocalizations. It can break glass in a radius of a hundred feet with its voice alone. Getting close enough to it will result in your eardrums being blown out. However, some people enjoy listening to it, and a band once even employed one as a vocalist. It’s very intelligent, can mimic sounds with perfect precision, and can even learn to properly speak and understand human languages, but its unruly temperament makes it difficult to teach, so there are only a few that have mastered language.
Competitive: Don’t let the base 102 Sp. Atk fool you, this is a wallbreaker. At least, some of its sets are. Rockatoo’s decent Speed and access to Defog, Thunder Wave, Taunt, and two pivot moves in Parting Shot and Volt Switch make it a serviceable utility Pokémon, but the main things that make Rockatoo so scary are: 1) its dual Punk Rock-boosted STABs in Overdrive and Chatter, and 2) Galvanize Boomburst. The first option can be used alongside Clangorous Soul to give Rockatoo extra speed, bulk and power, potentially even with a Throat Spray for an extra boost; Roost can also be used to allow for multiple opportunities to set up, mitigating Clangorous Soul’s only real downside. On the other hand, Galvanize Boomburst is best used on Specs sets for immediate raw wallbreaking power alongside Aeroblast, Volt Switch, and Heat Wave for coverage. Alternatively, you can be silly and run Mirror Move instead of Heat Wave, but if you’re planning on doing that then chances are you’re not even reading this section. Even with Galvanize Boomburst, Rockatoo struggles to break through particularly sturdy special walls such as—you guessed it—the Chanseys and their evolutions. Ground-types that also resist Flying, such as Excadrill, can also give sets without Heat Wave a very hard time, especially because they tend to carry Rock coverage. Rockatoo also isn’t very bulky without a Clangorous Soul, so it’s easy to revenge-kill Specs sets, which don’t carry it for what I hope should be obvious reasons. It’s also weak to Stealth Rock, so it’s forced to either carry Boots or rely on hazard control if it wants to come in easily.

This line is based primarily on the black palm cockatoo, the most punk-rock bird to ever exist, with some elements of other parrots as well. I’ve had this idea cooking in the back of my head since Punk Rock became a thing, so it’s nice to finally flesh it out. Rockatoo’s weight of 18.2 kg is of course a reference to the pop-punk band Blink-182. I wish I could have put more references to punk songs in this design, but there really aren’t many famous punk-related numbers that work with a Pokémon design.

Other resubs:
:ss/glameow:
Kalosian Glameow
Type:
Normal/Ghost
Stats: 49/55/37/42/42/85 (310) (swapped Def and SpD)
Abilities: Limber, Infiltrator (HA: Insomnia)
New Moves: Lick, Shadow Sneak, Tail Slap, Will-o’-Wisp
Removed Moves: Water Pulse, Feint Attack, Sunny Day, Rain Dance
Flavor/Design: Kalosian Glameow is white with black patches, similar to a “magpie” coloration. It is slightly heftier than its Sinnohan counterpart, with shorter, rounder ears and a thicker tail. Instead of fluffy white fur at the end of its tail, Kalosian Glameow has a white wisp-like flame. It uses the flame on its tail to light its way at night and to lure prey. Legends of “ghost lights” in the Kalos region are more often than not just sightings of this Pokémon.

Kalosian Purugly
Type:
Normal/Ghost
Stats: 71/82/59/64/64/112 (452) (swapped Def and SpD)
Abilities: Thick Fat, Infiltrator (HA: Cat Nap)
Cat Nap - Clone of Early Bird.

New Moves: Phantom Force, Swords Dance, Curse, Slumbering Strike, Kalosian Glameow’s moves
Slumbering Strike - Normal, physical. Facade clone. Doubles in power when the user is asleep. Makes contact.
Removed Moves: Roar, Water Pulse, Sunny Day, Rain Dance
Flavor/Design: Kalosian Purugly has the same magpie coloration as its pre-evolution. Its tail is white with black stripes with a flame on the end similar to that of its pre-evolution. Unlike its Sinnohan counterpart, Kalosian Purugly does not wrap its tail around its waist, instead holding it high up in the air. Kalosian Purugly’s ears have white flames at the end of them similar to the flame on its tail. It sleeps whenever it wants, with no relation to the time of day or night, but it always wakes up quickly. It likes to crawl inside boxes and other small spaces to sleep. The larger the flame on a Kalosian Purugly’s tail, the more respect it will earn from its peers.

Purradox
Type:
Normal/Ghost
Stats: 101/102/69/74/94/115 (555) (+30 HP, +20 Atk, +10 Def, +10 SpA, +30 SpD, +3 Spe)
Abilities: Comatose
New Moves: Poltergeist, Double-Edge, Yawn, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Kalosian Purugly’s moves
Height/Weight: 2.0 m, 43.8 kg (6’07”, 96.6 lbs)
Flavor/Design: Purradox’s main body looks exactly like Kalosian Purugly’s, but it is sitting in a cardboard box fast asleep. Its tail is held up high, and a ghostly version of Purugly is emanating from the tail, with the tail of the ghost and real versions being connected. Purradox has baffled scientists, seemingly being both alive and dead at the same time. Its physical body is alive but in a vegetative state, so its spirit is still bound to the body. However, since it is straddling the fine line between life and death, its spirit has almost entirely left its body. It uses the manifestation of its spirit to protect its physical body from harm. From time to time, it will briefly regain control over its physical body and launch a devastating attack.
Competitive: With a rare and amazing defensive typing that has only one weakness, good special bulk, high Speed, strong STAB and immunity to status, Purradox is a great choice for many team archetypes. Comatose gives it a consistent 140-power Slumbering Strike, which is excellent in combination with Poltergeist, especially on Choice Band or Swords Dance sets. With Comatose Sleep Talk, you can even run Swords Dance on a Choice Band set if you’re an absolute madman. It doesn’t get much in the way of strong physical coverage outside of its STAB—its best options are U-Turn, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Play Rough, and possibly Stomping Tantrum. Its physical bulk is also lackluster. Strong physical Dark-types, especially physically defensive Normal resists like Tyranitar and Bisharp, can easily dispatch offensive variants of Purradox. Purradox, however, isn’t just limited to offensive sets. Its high Speed and access to U-Turn, status moves and Taunt makes it a good utility Pokémon, and Taunt combines with its immunity to status and trapping to make it a phenomenal stallbreaker. However, it is vulnerable itself to faster Taunt users. Purradox can also be revenge-killed fairly easily by strong hits from faster Pokémon or Scarf users. Lastly, Purradox lacks any form of recovery, including Rest, so it can be worn down throughout the match and has trouble switching in repeatedly against hazards.

Once upon a time, when I first made this submission, I agonized over what to do for a Normal/Ghost type, since they’re basically diametrically opposed to each other. I finally settled on a reference to one of the most famous misinterpretations of quantum mechanics—Schrödinger’s Cat. The first two parts of the evolutionary line are based on will-o’-the-wisps, while Purradox itself is a (very inaccurate) representation of the Schrödinger’s Cat “paradox”, which purports to show the problems with the (somewhat inaccurate) Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. I stripped away as much as possible of the physics talk because that adds nothing to design or flavor and was left with the idea of a cat in a box that is simultaneously both alive and dead. The closest state to both of those that I could think of was someone in a coma, so I decided to give it Comatose and work backwards to give its pre-evolutions sleep-related Abilities as well. Slumbering Strike is born of my annoyance at Facade not being boosted by sleep, and Cat Nap is an idea for an Early Bird clone that I’ve had for a while. Some people might notice that Purradox weighs exactly the same as Purugly and is exactly twice as tall. This is intentional—it gains no weight, since all that’s added is a cardboard box and a ghost (neither of which add anything significant in terms of weight), and the ghost is the same size as the physical body, doubling its total length/height/whatever metric you use to measure a Pokémon’s size.

I’ll also admit that this line was partially inspired by Stray Cat, considering that I watched Diamond Is Unbreakable only a couple days before creating this.

:ss/nincada:
Hisuian Nincada
Type:
Bug/Grass
Stats: 31/90/45/30/30/40 (266) (swapped Atk and Def)
Abilities: Compound Eyes (HA: Steadfast)
New Moves: Razor Leaf, Petal Blizzard, Leaf Blade, Magical Leaf, Leafage, Grass Knot, Energy Ball
Removed Moves: Mud-Slap, Dig, Sandstorm, Shadow Ball, Night Slash, Feint Attack, Spite, Toxic, Sand Attack, Double Team, Gust, Bide
Flavor/Design: Hisuian Nincada’s body is colored a forest-green hue with its legs being a lighter green. Its eyes are solid black and its wings, which are a pale translucent green, are longer and thinner than its Hoennian counterpart’s, running the whole length of its abdomen. Unlike its skittish Hoennian cousin, Hisuian Nincada lives aboveground and has perfectly fine vision. Rather than absorbing nutrients from tree roots, it is a predator. Uniquely among non-ambush predators, it refuses to hunt prey smaller or weaker than itself, only targeting creatures of equal or greater power. Some believe this is because it lives by a code of honor; others think it’s merely a method of getting stronger.

Semirai
Type:
Bug/Fighting
Stats: 61/160/50/75/30/80 (456) (swapped Atk and Spe, +5 Def, +25 SpA, -20 SpD, -10 Spe)
Abilities: Warrior’s Blade (HA: Steadfast)
Warrior’s Blade - Strong Jaw clone. 1.5x power to blade moves.

Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Behemoth Blade, Bright Blade, Ceaseless Edge, Cross Chop, Cross Poison, Crush Claw, Cut, Dire Claw, Dragon Claw, Draxcalibur, False Swipe, Flare Blade, Fury Cutter, Fury Swipes, Guillotine, Leaf Blade, Metal Claw, Meteor Assault, Night Slash, Precipice Blades, Psycho Cut, Razor Leaf, Razor Shell, Razor Wind, Sacred Sword, Scratch, Secret Sword, Shadow Claw, Slash, Solar Blade, Spacial Rend, Steel Blade, Stone Axe, Stone Edge, Vanquish, Wing Katana, X-Scissor

New Moves: Sacred Sword, Razor Wind, Shadow Claw, Cross Chop, Horn Attack, Megahorn, Steel Blade, Hisuian Nincada’s moves
Removed Moves: Baton Pass, Agility, Acrobatics, Dual Wingbeat, Uproar, Captivate, Defog, Ominous Wind, Roost, Mud-Slap, Dig, Sandstorm, Shadow Ball, Feint Attack, Spite, Toxic, Sand Attack, Double Team, Gust, Bide
Height/Weight: 1.2 m, 15.2 kg (3’11”, 33.5 lbs)
Flavor/Design: Semirai’s carapace is red with black markings that make it resemble a suit of armor. It crawls along the ground on its four legs, each covered by plating resembling a samurai’s shoulder armor. On its forehead is a horn resembling the “kuwagata” horns found on kabuto helmets. Unlike Ninjask, Semirai cannot fly; its wings are long and thin, resembling a pair of katanas, and it uses them to slash its opponents, cutting them to ribbons. Although its wings are too heavy to fly, they can cut cleanly through a steel wall. It has an honorable disposition in battle, refusing to fight weaker opponents unless under orders from a Trainer it deems worthy of its obedience. Such behavior does not extend to its prey in the wild, unlike its pre-evolution.
Competitive: A lot of my submissions do things like “living hits” or “switching into things” or “inflicting status conditions” or some nonsense like that. Not so with Semirai. Semirai is an honorable warrior who does not resort to such trickery or underhanded tactics. It has exactly one purpose: hitting its opponent really fucking hard. It has a variety of tools it uses to accomplish this, the main ones being Sacred Sword and X-Scissor. When boosted by Warrior’s Blade, these become extraordinarily powerful moves with no drawbacks and make Semirai a nightmare to try and switch into. It can also make use of Night Slash, Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace, Leaf Blade, and Steel Blade. As powerful as Semirai is, it’s also extremely straightforward. Its extreme frailty makes it difficult to set up, it’s fairly slow, and it has no Speed-boosting moves, so it can be dealt with fairly easily despite its power. Its main sets are Choice Band and Choice Scarf. Choice Band boosts Semirai’s already-powerful attacks to truly unreasonable levels, but allow it to be revenge-killed by pretty much anything faster than itself. Choice Scarf prevents some (but not all) of the revenge killing, but you miss out on the raw power of Choice Band. Choice Band sets work well against stall and slower offense teams whose walls and tanks will fall to Semirai’s blade, while Scarf sets are better against faster, frailer offense teams, but no matter what you run on it Semirai will keel over and die if someone sneezes four miles away, so be careful with it.

Bushedo
(Note: Bushedo is a replacement for Shedinja. Its evolution requirements are the same as regular Shedinja’s.)
Type: Bug/Rock
Stats: 1/110/5/20/5/95 (236) (+20 Atk, -40 Def, -10 SpA, -25 SpD, +45 Spe) (yes, this probably breaks some sort of rule, but come on, it’s Shedinja we’re talking about here, cut it some slack)
Abilities: Warrior’s Guard
Warrior’s Guard - Wonder Guard clone. Only not-very-effective attacks affect this Pokémon.
New Moves: No Retreat, Stealth Rock, Rock Throw, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Rock Polish, Accelerock, Horn Attack, Megahorn, Head Smash, Hisuian Nincada’s moves
Removed Moves: Grudge, Shadow Claw, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Phantom Force, Agility, Hex, Will-o-Wisp, Poltergeist, Trick, Thief, Dream Eater, Heal Block, Nightmare, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Mud-Slap, Dig, Shadow Ball, Feint Attack, Spite, Toxic, Sand Attack, Double Team, Gust, Bide
Height/Weight: 1.2 m, 187.6 kg (3’11”, 413.6 lbs)
Flavor/Design: Bushedo’s body bears a strong resemblance to Shedinja’s, though colored black instead of brown, but its head is shaped like a samurai’s kabuto helmet. In legends, its body is said to be as tough as stone, repelling all manner of attacks. However, the body itself is extremely frail despite its heavy weight, and its legendary toughness actually stems from the magical aura protecting it from harm.
Competitive: Bushedo plays the same kind of role for offense as Shedinja does for stall—an all-purpose switch-in to attackers that don’t have coverage for it. Instead of spreading status or doing whatever else Shedinja does, though, Bushedo doesn’t play around. It can set up with Swords Dance, Rock Polish, or No Retreat and then start wrecking things with its powerful STAB moves. If you want, you can even use it as a lead and set up Stealth Rock with it. It’s immune to Sandstorm and it’s only vulnerable to two types, one of which is almost never run as coverage! What could possibly stop this thing? Well, as it turns out, pretty much the same things that stop Shedinja. Status conditions, Mold Breaker and Ability-ignoring moves eat Bushedo alive, as do hazards if it’s not wearing Boots (although that’s kind of a moot point—if you’re not running Boots, you’re not playing with a serious team). People have finally started to realize the potential of hail teams as well, which spells instant doom for this wandering samurai helmet. Almost all of its good moves are contact, so if you see a Ferrothorn on the opposing team, you’re basically playing with only five Pokémon. Also, No Retreat really isn’t as good as it sounds on a Pokémon like this—the defensive boosts are literally meaningless and the Sp. Atk boost might as well be too, so you’ve effectively got a Dragon Dance that you can use exactly once and then you can’t switch out. Sometimes that’s all you need for a good sweep, though. Give it a try!

This line is based on samurai, which are commonly seen in popular culture (not entirely incorrectly) as a sort of “opposite” to ninjas. Where ninjas are sneaky, underhanded, and use assassin tactics and poisons, samurai are straightforward and honorable, using the strength of their weapons and armor to win the day, so I decided to design these evolutions to reflect that mentality. I’d like to note that Bushedo weighs 187.6 kg because 1876 was the year that the samurai caste was formally abolished. The name “Semirai” comes from “semi” (the Japanese word for “cicada”) and “samurai” (the Japanese word for “samurai”). “Bushedo” comes from “shed” and “bushido” (the samurai code). Yes, I’m extremely proud of these names.

:ss/comfey:
Hisuian Comfey
Type:
Flying
Stats: 51/82/100/52/90/110 (swapped Atk and Sp. Atk, +10 Def, -20 SpD, +10 Spe)
Abilities: Aerilate, Triage (HA: Magic Guard)
New Moves: Feather Dance, Work Up, Wing Attack, Gust, Feather Shield, Aerial Ace, Roost, Whirlwind, Heal Bell, Dual Wingbeat, Constrict, Agility, Quick Attack, Fly, Sky Attack, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Feather Healing
Feather Shield - Flying, status. Flower Shield clone. +1 Defense to all Flying-types on the field.
Feather Healing - Flying, status. Floral Healing clone. Heals target by ½ of max HP, ⅔ in Misty Terrain.

Removed Moves: Growth, Flower Shield, Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Grass Knot, Aromatherapy, Petal Dance, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Grassy Terrain, Sweet Scent, Seed Bomb, Solar Beam, Grassy Glide, Worry Seed, Floral Healing
Flavor/Design: Its body is similar in appearance to Alolan Comfey’s, but with a blue and white color scheme instead of green and yellow. Instead of flowers, its vine has various colors of feathers on it. These feathers are imbued with healing powers. Hisuian Comfey floats freely on the wind, looking for injured people and Pokémon, which it heals by wrapping its feather-covered vine around the injured area.

Comfeather
Type:
Flying
Stats: 80/40/110/100/100/125 (555) (+29 HP, -42 Atk, +10 Def, +48 SpA, +10 SpD, +15 Spe)
Abilities: Aerilate, Triage (HA: Magic Guard)
New Moves: Twister, Dragon Tail, Coil, Hurricane, Blizzard, Healing Wing, Hisuian Comfey’s moves
Healing Wing - Flying, special. Oblivion Wing clone. Makes contact.
Height/Weight: 2.8 m, 0.5 kg (9’02”, 1.1 lbs)
Flavor/Design: Comfeather’s vine is much longer and is covered in many different colors of feathers, somewhat resembling a rainbow. Comfeather has no arms, unlike its pre-evolution, so its vine trails behind it, making its body shape resemble a feathered serpent. It has two wing-like crests on the top of its head and the main body is surrounded by bright blue feathers. Its vine has become fused with the feathers it was decorated with, and now the vine grows feathers of its own. These feathers have remarkably potent healing properties. Fallen Comfeather feathers are commonly ground into powder for use in medicine. Despite its size, Comfeather is friendly and gentle. It likes to wrap itself around people or Pokémon and act as a fashionable decoration. It’s common practice at high-society events to wear a living Comfeather, or accessories made of feathers for those who don’t own one.
Competitive: With respectable 80/110/100 bulk and an impressive 125 Speed, Comfeather is useful as a fast support Pokémon. It has hazard control in Defog and a pivoting move in U-Turn, can force opponents out with Whirlwind, has access to reliable recovery in Roost, and can act as a cleric with Heal Bell. In doubles, its support capabilities become even more threatening thanks to its access to Tailwind, Feather Shield, Helping Hand, Ally Switch, Feather Healing and a very fast After You. Moving back to singles, Comfeather can also act as a potent revenge killer thanks to its high Speed, serviceable Special Attack, and access to powerful priority with Triage Healing Wing. Calm Mind can also be used to make Comfeather a threatening late-game sweeper. You can use Triage for priority Healing Wing and Roost, or you can use Magic Guard to prevent hazard damage and Life Orb recoil if you’re running a more offensive set. Comfeather’s main weakness lies in its Stealth Rock weakness (which forces it to either give up Triage to run Magic Guard, rely on Boots, or eat a lot of damage on switch-in) and the fact that it’s literally incapable of hitting Steel-types for even neutral damage unless you’re either using some sort of meme set like Coil Fling/Thief or Nature Power.

My original thought was simply “what if Comfey was a feather boa instead of a lei”. Then I just had to figure out what to evolve it into, and since a boa is also a kind of snake, I figured I would just have it evolve into a cuter and friendlier version of Quetzalcoatl. I decided not to give it a Dragon typing or any sort of serpentine traits besides the body shape because... well, because I think Comfey is really cute and I don’t want to make it look like a snake. So sue me, I guess.

:ss/skitty:
Orrean Skitty
Type:
Ground/Fairy
Stats: 50/35/45/45/35/50 (260) (swapped Atk and SpA)
Abilities: Shield Dust, Sand Veil (HA: Sand Rush)
New Moves: Sandstorm, Shore Up, Sand-Attack, Sand Tomb, Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock, Scorching Sands, Baby-Doll Eyes, Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Wind, Draining Kiss
Removed Moves: Blizzard, Charge Beam, Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Solar Beam, Sunny Day, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Wild Charge, Icy Wind, Shock Wave, Water Pulse
Flavor/Design: Orrean Skitty’s fur is tan and spiky instead of pink. The three balls on its tail are replaced with cone-like protrusions. It can camouflage itself well in the deserts of Orre, so it’s very rarely seen. Until recently, it was thought to only be an urban legend.

Orrean Delcatty
Type:
Ground/Fairy
Stats: 70/55/65/65/55/90 (400) (swapped Atk and SpA)
Abilities: Shield Dust, Sand Veil (HA: Sand Rush)
New Moves: Earthquake, Earth Power, Moonblast, Muddy Water, Psychic, Orrean Skitty’s moves
Removed Moves: Blizzard, Charge Beam, Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Solar Beam, Sunny Day, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Wild Charge, Icy Wind, Shock Wave, Water Pulse
Flavor/Design: The fur that is purple on Hoennian Delcatty is tan on Orrean Delcatty, appearing spiky and unkempt. Other changes are minimal. This evolutionary line only recently diverged from the Skitty and Delcatty brought to Orre by settlers from Hoenn. Its fur is charged with static that attracts dust, which it uses to whip up a dust cloud around itself to hide from predators. Unique among feline Pokémon, it has an entirely vegetarian diet, feeding mainly on cacti and underbrush.

Mewrage
Type:
Ground/Fairy
Stats: 90/55/95/105/75/110 (530) (+20 HP, +30 Def, +40 SpA, +20 SpD, +20 Spe)
Abilities: Shield Dust, Sand Veil (HA: Sand Stream)
New Moves: Spikes, U-Turn, Taunt, Nasty Plot, Switcheroo, Sand Blast, Orrean Delcatty’s moves
Sand Blast - Ground, special. Rising Voltage clone. Power doubles in sand.
Height/Weight: 1.3 m, 54.5 kg (4’03”, 120.2 lbs)
Flavor/Design: Mewrage’s build resembles a panther’s, with tan and unkempt fur patterns similar to its pre-evolution’s, and cream-colored fur with a spotted pattern over the rest of its body. Its tail is long and tipped with a protrusion more like Orrean Skitty’s, with three cone-like structures at the end. It can control sand freely, whipping up clouds of sand around itself. Due to the constant sandstorms surrounding it, its habitat in the desert, and its good natural camouflage, it was thought to only be a mirage until it was recently rediscovered during the ongoing rewilding of the Orre region.
Competitive: Mewrage is an excellent lead, with access to both Spikes and Stealth Rock, weather setup in Sand Stream, and a fast U-Turn to pivot into whatever wants to abuse said sand. If you’d rather make it a Calm Mind setup sweeper, its good defensive typing and respectable physical bulk are bolstered by a sand-boosted Shore Up, and Calm Mind patches up its lackluster special bulk. Taunt is also good for lead sets to prevent opponents from setting their own hazards or removing yours with Defog. Scorching Sands is very useful for its burn chance, and Muddy Water is also a decent coverage move with a potent secondary effect. Sand Blast should be used on setup sets, as it reaches 140 power in sand and can take out most things that don’t resist it at +1 or +2. Despite its strong STAB and good offensive typing, Mewrage’s Special Attack leaves much to be desired, desperately needing a boost before it can start dishing out good amounts of damage. It lacks options against Pokémon that resist its STABs, especially Steel/Flying types and Rotom-Heat, which force Mewrage to run Muddy Water on setup sets if it doesn’t want to be beaten by them, but that prevents Mewrage from running dual STAB + setup + Shore Up, which is its main offensive set. Hazard-setting leads are of course beaten by anything that runs Magic Bounce. Faster Pokémon with super-effective special moves, such as Fujisei, Frogjolnir, Crowceror and both forms of Greninja, outspeed and overwhelm Mewrage easily.

Originally I had a Normal/Fairy Delcatty evolution planned, but I decided to pivot to a unique typing instead. I also wanted to make a Pokémon with both Sand Stream and Shore Up, just to see what it would be like, so I combined the two. And for the record, “Mewrage” is pronounced like “mirage”, not like “rage”. It’s not angry.

:ss/bonsly:
Hoennian Bonsly
Type:
Rock/Ground
Stats: 50/80/95/10/45/10 (290) (unchanged)
Abilities: Rock Head, Sand Force (HA: Mimicry)
New Moves: Earthquake, Magnitude, Sand-Attack, Shore Up, Sweet Scent
Removed Moves: Low Kick, Rollout, Stomping Tantrum
Flavor/Design: Hoennian Bonsly lacks the legs of its counterpart, instead being partially buried in the ground like the members of the Diglett line. Its “leaves” also have a yellow coloration resembling that of Sinnoh’s Honey Trees. It disguises itself as a tree and emits a sweet scent to hide from predators. When its scent attracts herbivores and pollinators, it burrows into the ground to escape.

Hoennian Sudowoodo
Type:
Rock/Ground
Stats: 80/100/105/30/65/30 (410) (+10 HP, -10 Def)
Abilities: Rock Head, Sand Force (HA: Mimicry)
New Moves: Branch Poke, Ingrain, Spikes, Camouflage, Hoennian Bonsly’s moves
Removed Moves: Rollout, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Focus Punch, Power-Up Punch, Dynamic Punch, Hammer Arm, Mega Kick, Low Kick, Stomping Tantrum
Flavor/Design: Its lower body is buried into the ground like its pre-evolution’s. Instead of a distinct pair of arms, Hoennian Sudowoodo has several branch-like structures on its body, ending in green, leaf-like crystals. It can still burrow underground when threatened, but its body is not as streamlined as Bonsly’s, so it prefers fighting to fleeing. It sheds the leaflike crystals in autumn and scatters them on the ground around itself, so that any predators who approach it risk stepping on one and injuring themselves.

Fauxliage
Type:
Rock/Grass
Stats: 120/120/135/40/70/50 (535) (+40 HP, +20 Atk, +30 Def, +10 SpA, +5 SpD, +20 Spe)
Abilities: Rock Head, Harvest (HA: Mimicry)
New Moves: Leech Seed, Synthesis, Solar Blade, Solar Beam, Leaf Storm, Growth, Hoennian Sudowoodo’s moves
Height/Weight: 6.9 m, 420 kg (22’08”, 925.9 lbs)
(nice)
Flavor/Design: Fauxliage’s body has undergone a physical change, turning from stone into an extremely tough and dense wood. Its lower body is a complex network of roots that extends down into the ground, absorbing water from the soil. Many branch-like structures extend from its upper body, covered with the leaflike crystals of its previous form, which can now absorb solar energy in a method remarkably similar to photosynthesis. When it stands still and closes its eyes and mouth, it’s nearly impossible to visually tell it apart from a tree, and even its biology resembles a tree’s. Legends of “moving trees” defending forests in Hoenn are actually stories of this Pokémon, which will viciously attack anyone who harms it or any real trees close to it. Its disguise as a tree is so thorough that some scientists have moved to have it biologically classified as a tree.
Competitive: With massive physical bulk and the powerful one-two punch of Head Smash and Wood Hammer without recoil, Fauxliage is an excellent physical tank. Its defensive typing leaves (pun intended) a lot to be desired, but it can make up for that with reliable recovery in the form of Synthesis. Due to its bulk and access to Stealth Rock and Spikes, it can also function very well as a hazard setter. Harvest sets fit onto sun teams well, especially with Solar Blade as an option, since Fauxliage threatens the Water, Rock and Ground types that tend to threaten Fire-type sun setters and abusers, although it’s neutral to all of those and therefore may struggle to switch in.

I first encountered the name “Fauxliage” as a nickname for a Sudowoodo I received via Wonder Trade once upon a time, and I immediately said, out loud, “I need to make that its own thing.” I don’t know why I said it out loud, considering nobody else was in the room, but here I am eight years later making it its own thing. The sheer genius of the name and how well it flows with the rest of the evolutionary line means that I’m probably not the first person to come up with a Sudowoodo evolution called Fauxliage, but I somehow haven’t seen one yet, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Anyway, I thought it would be really funny to have Sudowoodo’s disguise get so good that it fools reality itself and becomes an actual tree. The evolutionary line is also partially based on the concept of petrified wood, although in this case it goes the other way round as stone turns into wood. Fauxliage also takes some inspiration from myths of talking/moving trees, as well of Tolkien’s Ents and Huorns.

I was debating between submitting Fauxliage and a bamboo-based evolution called Bamboozle. Ultimately, I decided to go with the pun that was less stupid, especially since “bamboozle” is just an actual word (though that didn’t exactly stop me from submitting Behemoth).

Also, I know that the lyric is from The Trees and not Broon’s Bane, but Broon’s Bane is an instrumental (with, obviously, no lyrics) that leads into The Trees so I figured it’s close enough.

:ss/Spinda:
Pokémon: Spinda-Ultra
New Typing: Psychic/Bug
New Abilities: Perplexer/Tangled feet/Ha: Beast Boost
New Stats: 61/59/59/61/59/61 Bst: 360
New Moves: None
Removed Moves: None
Height: Same as spinda-hoenn
Weight: Same as spinda-hoenn
Flavor/Design: Said to have changed form due to stumbling into a ultra wormhole, Spinda takes advantage of its opponents by perplexing them with its odd dancing and patterns and striking in the confusion. Its psychic powers allow it to confuse everything in the area.

Pokémon: Perplanda
New Typing: Same as spinda-ultra
New Abilities: Same as spinda-ultra
New Stats: 101/79/89/101/89/101 Bst: 560
New Moves:Signal beam, Quiver Dance, U-turn
Flavor/Design: : Said to have changed form due to stumbling into a ultra wormhole, Perpanda takes advantage of its opponents by perplexing them with its odd dancing and patterns and striking in the confusion. Its psychic powers allow it to confuse everything in the area.
Height: Same as spinda-ultra
Weight: 10 kg
Perplexer- This pokemon’s attacking stat is multiplied by 1.5x when using an attack that confuses the opponent.

Last edited:
Resub:
:ss/joltik: :ss/galvantula: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Joltik-Galar
New Typing: Bug
New Abilities: Defiant/Unnerve/Swarm
New Stats: 50/69/50/40/50/60 (319)
New Moves: Crunch
Removed Moves: All Electric Type Moves
Flavor/Design: Joltik in the Galar region have lost their electricity as a result of dormancy, as they prefered hunting insects, birds, and the occasional Silicobra over consuming electricity. Bigger, stronger and more aggressive than their Unovan counterparts, Galarian Joltik is a common sight in most areas of the Galar region.
Sword Dex: "Galarian Joltik has lost its electricity to lack of use and consumption. Instead of consuming electricity, it hunts birds and insects."
Shield Dex: "Larger and stronger than their Unovan cousins, Galarian Joltik prefers a life of aggressive hunting."
Pokémon: Galvantula-Galar
New Typing: Bug/Dark
New Abilities: Defiant/Venomous (Increases the damage of poison moves by 1.5)/Swarm
New Stats: 70/108/65/67/65/97 (472)
New Moves: Crunch, Bite, Hone Claws, Dragon Dance, Snarl, Power Trip, Pursuit, Poison Fang, Gunk Shot, Ensnare
Flavor/Design: The Galvantula of the Galar region have become extremely aggressive, and have even been known to eat humans. Their bite is extremely venomous, and they are one of the most feared creatures in the Galar region. They are known to string large webs, which they use to catch Pokemon and store them for a later meal.
Sword Dex: "One of the most dangerous creatures in Galar, Galvantula spins webs to trap prey instead of shocking with electricity."
Shield Dex: "Galvantula in the Galar region are extremely aggressive and territorial, and have been known to eat humans in the past."
Pokémon: Acarantula
New Typing: Poison/Dark
New Abilities: Defiant/Venomous (Increases the damage of poison moves by 1.5)/Merciless
New Stats: 90/125/85/67/85/98 (550)
New Moves: Crunch, Bite, Hone Claws, Dragon Dance, Snarl, Power Trip, Pursuit, Poison Fang, Gunk Shot, Toxic Thread, Toxic, Venoshock, Venom Drench, Toxic Spikes, Gunk Shot, U-Turn, Ensnare
Flavor/Design: Based on the Acromantula from the Harry Potter series, Acarantula is even more aggressive than its pre-evolution, and has been known to spread a thin layer of poisonous web on it’s territory, killing prey, predators, and unsuspecting humans alike in a matter of minutes. Its venom is a highly valuable substance in the black market, and highly restricted by the government.
Sword and Shield Dexes: "please no that thing freaks me out"
WIP Subs:
:ss/golett: :ss/golurk: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Golett-Johto
New Typing: Rock/Grass
New Abilities: Stone Sleep/Weak Armor/Mold Breaker
New Stats: 59/74/55/35/55/25 (303)
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
Pokémon: Golurk-Johto
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
Pokémon: Golruine (Golem + Ruin + Rune)
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
:ss/beldum: :ss/metang: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Beldum-Ultra
New Typing: Ground/Fire
New Abilities: Clear Body/
New Stats: 40/60/75/35/60/30
New Moves: Earthquake, Earth Power, Flamethrower, Overheat
Removed Moves: Iron Defense, Steel Beam, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt
Flavor/Design:
Pokémon: Metang-Ultra
New Abilities: Clear Body/Flash Fire
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
Pokémon: Extermaross (Exterminate + Metagross)
New Abilities: Sheer Force/Flash Fire
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
:ss/delibird: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Delibird-Kalos
New Typing: Dark/Flying
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
Pokémon: Coalibird (Coal + Bird)
New Typing: Dark/Flying
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
:ss/inkay: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Inkay-Hoenn
New Typing: Water/Flying
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
Pokémon: Squidairode (Squid + Air + Todarodes (It was the best I could come up with))
New Typing: Water/Flying
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
:ss/sandygast: :ss/palossand: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Sandygast-Unova
New Typing: Ground/Steel
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
Pokémon: Palossand-Unova
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:
Pokémon: Cantastle (Castle + Fantasy)
New Abilities:
New Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:

Last edited:
:ss/arrokuda: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Arrokuda-Hisui
New Typing: Water / Flying
New Abilities: Sniper / Take Aim (Stamina clone, raises accuracy one stage when hit by a direct attack) (Hidden)
New Stats: 41 / 40 / 40 / 63 / 30 / 66 (280 BST)
New Moves: Snipe Shot, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Hurricane, Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Icy Wind (+9)
Removed Moves: Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Ice Fang (-3)
Height/Weight: 0.5 m / 1.0 kg

Pokémon: Archapaima
New Typing: Water / Flying
New Abilities: Sniper / Take Aim (Hidden)
New Stats: 61 / 80 / 60 / 103 / 50 / 136 (490 BST)
New Moves: Arrokuda-Hisui's moves + Lock-On, Roost, Air Arrow (Flying-type Psyshock clone) (+12)
Removed Moves: Arrokuda-Hisui's moves (-3)
Height/Weight: 1.7 m / 30.0 kg

Flavor/Design: Arrokuda in Hisui launch themselves out of the air with stunning precision, soaring on expanded fins to take down flying prey. Archapaima takes this a step further, launching Arrokuda at its enemies before chasing them down itself. Its aim is impeccable - it can take down a target from several miles off. Competitively, Take Aim makes up for Archapaima's lower-than-average Sp. Atk by letting it accurately use moves like Hydro Pump, Hurricane, and Blizzard, and its Attack stat is okay enough to make occasional use of moves like Close Combat. Unfortunately, its defenses are low enough that it can be tough to take a hit.
:ss/shuppet: :ss/banette: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Shuppet-Kalos
New Typing: Normal
New Abilities: Fluffy / Cotton Down / Cute Charm (Hidden)
New Stats: 64 / 65 / 35 / 53 / 33 / 45 (295 BST)
New Moves: Cotton Guard, Cotton Spore, Bestow, Body Slam, Fake Out, Play Rough, Lovely Kiss, Safeguard, Covet, Amnesia, Tickle (+11)
Removed Moves: Night Shade, Spite, Shadow Sneak, Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Curse, Sucker Punch, Grudge, Phantom Force, Torment, Dark Pulse, Astonish, Destiny Bond (-13)
Height/Weight: 0.6 m / 2.3 kg

Pokémon: Banette-Kalos
New Abilities: Fluffy / Cotton Down / Cute Charm (Hidden)
New Stats: 84 / 105 / 65 / 73 / 63 / 65 (455 BST)
New Moves: Shuppet-Kalos's moves + Stitch Up (Normal-type Jungle Healing clone) (+12)
Removed Moves: Shuppet-Kalos's moves (-13)
Height/Weight: 1.1 m / 12.5 kg

Pokémon: Belovette
New Abilities: Fluffy / Cotton Down / Misty Surge (Hidden)
New Stats: 104 / 115 / 75 / 83 / 93 / 55 (525 BST)
New Moves: Banette-Kalos's moves + Drain Punch, Heal Bell, Rapid Spin (+15)
Removed Moves: Banette-Kalos's moves (-13)
Height/Weight: 1.3 m / 20.0 kg

Flavor/Design: Shuppet in the Kalos region are well-loved and taken dear care of, and as such are delighted and content instead of spiteful. Their fluffy, cottony bodies are popular with children. Banette and Belovette are larger and even more plush, and can fix themselves up when damaged. Belovette makes for a bulky supporter, with surprisingly good durability with Fluffy and the ability to provide immunity to status for its team with Misty Surge. Stitch Up provides a status safeguard for double-setup sets with Cotton Guard and Amnesia.
:ss/lillipup: :ss/herdier: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Lillipup-Kanto
New Typing: Normal / Bug
New Abilities: Vital Spirit / Flea-Bitten (Static clone, 30% chance to be afflicted by Infestation on contact) / Run Away (Hidden)
New Stats: 45 / 60 / 45 / 25 / 45 / 55 (275 BST)
New Moves: Infestation, Bug Bite, Leech Life, Skitter Smack, U-turn, First Impression (+6)
Removed Moves: Fire Fang (-1)
Height/Weight: 0.4 m / 4.5 kg

Pokémon: Herdier-Kanto
New Abilities: Intimidate / Flea-Bitten / Hive Mind (Hidden, Water Absorb clone for Bug-type moves)
New Stats: 65 / 80 / 75 / 35 / 65 / 50 (370 BST)
New Moves: Lillipup-Kanto's moves (+6)
Removed Moves: Lillipup-Kanto's moves (-1)
Height/Weight: 0.9 m / 18.4 kg

Pokémon: Infestout
New Abilities: Intimidate / Flea-Bitten / Hive Mind (Hidden)
New Stats: 85 / 110 / 100 / 45 / 100 / 60 (500 BST)
New Moves: Herdier-Kanto's moves + Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order, Gunk Shot (+9)
Removed Moves: Herdier-Kanto's moves
Height/Weight: 1.2 m / 70.0 kg

Flavor/Design: Kantonian Lillipup and Herdier are absolutely filthy, their fur covered in dirt and full of tiny, bloodsucking insects. Upon evolution into Infestout, they gain the ability to take control of the insects plaguing them and unleash them upon their enemies, living in harmony with them. Infestout's unique immunity with Hive Mind lets it deny U-turn, and it can then use U-turn itself or threaten a First Impression. Flea-Bitten is an alternative option that lets it trap and passively damage attackers that make contact, while healing off damage with Heal Order.

:ss/toxel: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Toxel-Johto
New Typing: Poison / Rock
New Abilities: Rattled / Sturdy / Sand Spit (Hidden)
New Stats: 40 / 38 / 35 / 54 / 35 / 40 (242 BST)
New Moves: Accelerock (+1)
Removed Moves: Nuzzle (-1)
Height/Weight: 0.4 m / 15.0 kg

Pokémon: Toxollapse
New Typing: Poison / Rock
New Abilities: Punk Rock / Mold Breaker / Sand Spit (Hidden)
New Stats: 65 / 108 / 90 / 114 / 50 / 75 (502 BST)
New Moves: Toxel-Johto's moves + Cavern Chord (Rock-type Overdrive clone), Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Earth Power, Rock Tomb, Focus Blast, Stealth Rock, Head Smash, Parting Shot, Perish Song, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Toxic (+15)
Removed Moves: Toxel-Johto's moves + Spark, Eerie Impulse, Thunder Shock, Charge, Shock Wave, Discharge, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Electro Ball, Wild Charge, Rising Voltage, Overdrive (-15)
Height/Weight: 1.5 m / 66.0 kg

Flavor/Design: Moveset is based on Toxtricity-Amped. Toxel in Johto are cave-dwellers, living among the mud and rocks. Toxollapse can pluck their guitar-like strings to cause cave-ins, and their cries can be heard from miles around. Punk Rock-boosted Cavern Chord makes for an extremely potent special Rock-type attack, and its increased Attack stat lets it make better use of its physical options alongside Shift Gear.

:ss/slugma: :ss/magcargo: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Slugma-Sinnoh
New Typing: Ground
New Abilities: Water Absorb / Water Compaction / Sand Veil (Hidden)
New Stats: 40 / 40 / 40 / 70 / 40 / 20 (250 BST)
New Moves: Mud Shot, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Mud Bomb, Scorching Sands, Rototiller (+6)
Removed Moves: Ember, Incinerate, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat, Will-O-Wisp, Heat Wave, Inferno, Smog, Clear Smog (-10)
Height/Weight: 0.7 m / 50.0 kg

Pokémon: Magcargo-Sinnoh
New Typing: Ground / Rock
New Abilities: Water Absorb / Water Compaction / Solid Rock (Hidden)
New Stats: 60 / 50 / 120 / 90 / 80 / 30 (430 BST)
New Moves: Slugma-Sinnoh's moves + Meteor Beam, Power Gem, Landslide (+9)
Removed Moves: Slugma-Sinnoh's moves + Solar Beam (-11)
Height/Weight: 0.8 m / 95.0 kg

Pokémon: Lahargo
New Typing: Ground / Rock
New Abilities: Water Absorb / Water Compaction / Solid Rock (Hidden)
New Stats: 70 / 80 / 150 / 110 / 90 / 40 (540 BST)
New Moves: Magcargo-Sinnoh's moves + Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Razor Shell, Mud Flow (Ground-type Water Spout clone) (+14)
Removed Moves: Magcargo-Sinnoh's moves (-11)
Height/Weight: 1.2 m / 330.0 kg

Flavor/Design: In Sinnoh, Slugma have cooled down, gaining a more mud-like composition, though their Fire-type heritage still shines through in their access to Lava Plume and preferred habitat near old volcanoes. Water does not affect Magcargo or the majestic Lahargo, and in fact only strengthens them. Water Absorb makes Lahargo's Ground / Rock typing less exploitable, and its impressive stats combined with Shell Smash, Mud Flow, and Recover makes it a remarkable sweeper, albeit a slow one even after a Shell Smash.

:ss/swirlix: :ss/slurpuff: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Swirlix-Hoenn
New Typing: Fairy / Flying
New Abilities: Flare Boost / Unburden (Hidden)
New Stats: 62 / 48 / 66 / 59 / 57 / 49 (341 BST)
New Moves: Acrobatics, Gust, Air Slash, Bounce, Defog, Hurricane, Tailwind (+7)
Height/Weight: 0.4 m / 1.1 kg

Pokémon: Slurpuff-Hoenn
New Stats: 82 / 80 / 86 / 85 / 75 / 72 (480 BST)
New Moves: Swirlix-Hoenn's moves + U-turn, Fire Punch (+9)
Height/Weight: 0.8 m / 2.0 kg

Pokémon: Souffloat
New Stats: 102 / 90 / 66 / 105 / 85 / 92 (540 BST)
New Moves: Slurpuff-Hoenn's moves + Explosion, Aeroblast, Belch (+12)
Height/Weight: 1.0 m / 3.0 kg

Flavor/Design: In Hoenn, Swirlix is a light and airy dessert, able to float on the wind like balloons. Slurpuff floats as well, especially when exposed to heat. Souffloat's thin body makes it vulnerable to being punctured and collapsing, but it is incredibly powerful, expelling high-pressure air on a moment's notice. Functionally, Souffloat works very similarly to normal Slurpuff, just better - it's a sweeper, using Belly Drum or Calm Mind and Unburden to gain immense power and Speed. STAB Acrobatics pairs exceptionally well with Play Rough and Drain Punch, and it can also use a Flare Boost set with Calm Mind and Aeroblast to surprise enemies expecting Belly Drum.

Pokémon: Silicobra
New Typing: Flying
New Abilities: Pressure / Air Lock / Delta Stream (HA)
New Stats: 52/35/75/57/50/46
New Moves: Peck. Gust, Acrobatics, Air Cutter, Aerial Ace, Sky Drop, Air Slash, Drill Peck, Bounce, Hurricane, Roost, Tailwind
Removed Moves: - Ground Moves

Pokémon: Twiscobra
New Typing: Flying
New Abilities: Mega Launcher / Air Lock / Delta Stream (HA)
New Stats: 72/65/125/107/70/71
New Moves: Peck. Gust, Acrobatics, Air Cutter, Aerial Ace, Sky Drop, Air Slash, Drill Peck, Bounce, Hurricane, Roost, Tailwind, Aura Sphere, Terrain Pulse, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse, EM Pulse, Air Cannon
Air Cannon: Freeze Dry clone, Super Effective against Rock Types
Removed Moves: - Ground Moves
Flavor/Design: Rayquaza looking SIlicobra line. That's the best I could think of.

Hereeeeee am I sitting in a tin can...
Pokémon: Minior-Hoenn
New Typing: Rock / Psychic
New Abilities: Cosmic Body / Neuroforce (HA)
Cosmic Body: Clear Body clone.
New Stats: 40/100/60/100/60/100
New Moves: Stored Power, Confusion, Psybeam, Psyshield Bash, Mystical Power, Zen Headbutt, Expanding Force, Psyshock
Removed Moves: -Flying, Shell Smash

Pokémon: Mightior
New Typing: Rock / Psychic
New Abilities: Cosmic Body / Neuroforce (HA)
New Stats: 50/120/65/120/65/130
New Moves: Stored Power, Confusion, Psybeam, Psyshield Bash, Mystical Power, Zen Headbutt, Expanding Force, Psyshock, Comet Smash (Rock Type Flare Blitz Clone)
Removed Moves: -Flying, Shell Smash

Minior from Hoenn are exposed to the powerful energies from Meteor Falls, and thus have no need to rely on their shells for defense anymore. Their bodies come in red, blue and green- the respective colors of the Orbs. When they manage to take a hefty amount in recoil damage, they'll evolve into Mightior.

:xy/larvitar::xy/pupitar::xy/unown-question:
Pokémon: Larvitar-Sinnoh
New Typing: Bug / Rock
New Abilities: Shed Skin / Shield Dust
New Stats: 50/50/64/45/60/31
New Moves: Leech Life, U-turn, X-Scissor, Sticky Web, Spider Web, String Shot, Lunge, Fell Stinger, Infestation, Bug Bite, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Bug Bite
Removed Moves: -Dark type moves

Pokémon: Pupitar-Sinnoh
New Typing: Bug / Rock
New Abilities: Shed Skin / Shield Dust
New Stats: 70/70/84/65/80/41
New Moves: Leech Life, U-turn, X-Scissor, Sticky Web, Spider Web, String Shot, Lunge, Fell Stinger, Infestation, Bug Bite, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Bug Bite
Removed Moves: -Dark type moves

Pokémon: Pupiterror
New Typing: Bug / Flying
New Abilities: Guts / Shield Dust
New Stats: 100/110/134/95/110/50
New Moves: Leech Life, U-turn, X-Scissor, Sticky Web, Spider Web, String Shot, Lunge, Fell Stinger, Infestation, Bug Bite, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Bug Bite, Megahorn, Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order, Pluck, Aerial Ace, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Air Cutter, Hurricane, Air Slash, Tailwind, Defog, Wing Attack, Bounce, Fly, Sky Drop, Sky Attack
Removed Moves: -Dark type moves, Flamethrower
Flavor/Design: Giant caccoon turning into giant bug? Help.

:xy/koffing: :xy/unown-question:
Pokémon: Koffing-Ultra
New Abilities: Neutralizing Gas / Sympathetic Veil / Normalize
New Stats: 40/95/65/60/45/35
New Moves: Purify, Smelling Salts, Aromatherapy, Smog, Poison Gas, Clear Smog, Smokescreen, Haze, Mist, Misty Terrain, Embargo
Removed Moves: Poison moves, Fire moves

Pokémon: Sumthing
New Typing: Normal / Flying
New Abilities: Neutralizing Gas / Sympathetic Veil / Cloud Nine
New Stats: 65/120/90/85/70/60
New Moves: Purify, Smelling Salts, Aromatherapy, Smog, Poison Gas, Clear Smog, Smokescreen, Haze, Mist, Misty Terrain, Embargo, Air Cutter, Hurricane, Air Slash, Tailwind, Defog, Wing Attack, Bounce, Fly, Sky Drop, Sky Attack, Air Burst (Flying Rapid Spin clone)
Removed Moves: Poison moves, Fire moves
Flavor/Design: Found within the Ultra Desert, these Pokemon keep out any 'ugly' things that may disturb the environment. That means you as well >:3

More to come.

Last edited:
:xy/igglybuff::xy/jigglypuff:

Pokémon: Hoennian Igglybuff
New Typing:
/

New Abilities: Cute Charm/Defiant (Hidden: Friend Guard)
New Stats: 90/40/20/30/15/15 (Swapped Attack and Sp. Atk, swapped Defense and Sp. Def)
New Moves: Power Gem, Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm
Removed Moves: Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Misty Terrain, Sweet Kiss
Flavor/Design: Hoennian Igglybuff became a Rock-type from overexposure to the otherworldly elements in Meteor Falls. Its body is much harder, and therefore less bouncy than that of a regular Igglybuff.

Pokémon: Hoennian Jigglypuff
New Typing:
/

New Abilities: Cute Charm/Defiant (Hidden: Friend Guard)
New Stats: 115/45/25/45/20/20 (Swapped Defense and Sp. Def)
New Moves: Power Gem, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm, Stone Edge
Removed Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Misty Explosion, Misty Terrain, Sweet Kiss
Flavor/Design: Living deep in Meteor Falls caused Hoennian Jigglypuff to develop a more muscular and jagged body. Its singing voice is about an octave lower than a regular Jigglypuff's and has an unorthodox tone to it.

Pokémon: Cragglyruff
New Typing:
/

New Abilities: Intimidate/Defiant (Hidden: Huge Power)
New Stats: 140/85/50/70/45/45 (Swapped Attack and Sp. Atk, swapped Defense and Sp. Def)
New Moves: Power Gem, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm, Stone Edge
Removed Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Misty Explosion, Misty Terrain, Sweet Kiss
Flavor/Design: Cragglyruff has a rock-hard body and abrasive personality, making it extremely unpopular in comparison to Wigglytuff in other regions. Instead of inflating itself, Cragglyruff prefers to hurl itself like a rock when angry, and can easily shatter a human's bones when it does.

not me only realizing this slate went up now

bc of that all of these will be resubs

:ss/scraggy: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Kantonian Scraggy
New Typing: Normal/Dragon
New Abilities: Shed Skin / Hustle / Marvel Scale (HA)
New Stats: 50 / 35 / 70 / 75 / 70 / 48
New Moves: Dragon Breath, Hyper Voice, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor
Removed Moves: All Dark-type moves except for Crunch, all Fighting-type moves except for Focus Punch/Focus Blast
Flavor/Design: it is calm and docile now, and instead of wearing its own skin, it wears the shed skin of Dratini

Pokémon: Scraftonite
Evolutionary Item: Dragon Scale (level up during the daytime while holding item)
New Typing: Normal/Dragon
New Abilities: Shed Skin / Hustle / Multiscale (HA)
New Stats: 65 / 45 / 110 / 100 / 110 / 58
New Moves: Dragon Breath, Hyper Voice, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor
Removed Moves: All Dark-type moves except for Crunch, all Fighting-type moves except for Focus Punch/Focus Blast
Flavor/Design: a big but gentle and cowardly Pokemon that can mimic Dragonite to scare off those that intrude onto its territory

:ss/rhyhorn: :ss/rhydon: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Johtonian Rhyhorn
New Abilities: Lightning Rod / Sturdy / Heavy Metal (HA)
New Stats: Unchanged from base formT
New Moves: Steel Spikes
Removed Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Poison Jab
Flavor/Design: metal-plated rhino that mimics Steelix somewhat

Pokémon: Johntonian Rhydon
New Stats: Unchanged from base form
New Moves: Steel Spikes, Gyro Ball, Iron Head, Flash Cannon
Removed Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Poison Jab, Rain Dance, Whirpool
Flavor/Design: metal-plated rhino that mimics Steelix somewhat

Pokémon: Juggerceros
New Stats: 115 / 140 / 130 / 55 / 75 / 20 (BST: 535)
New Moves: Steel Spikes, Gyro Ball, Double Iron Bash
Removed Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Poison Jab, Rain Dance, Whirpool
Flavor/Design: fusion of a quadrupedal metal-plated rhino and the mechs from Gurren Lagaan

:ss/mankey: :ss/primeape: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Hisuian Mankey
New Typing: Fighting/Ground
New Abilities: Sand Force / Mud Coat (Thick Fat clone) / Defiant (HA)
New Stats: 70 / 80 / 35 / 35 / 45 / 40
New Moves: Drill Run, Earth Power, Scorching Sands, Fissure, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock
Removed Moves: Rain Dance, Thunderbolt, Thunder
Flavor/Design: it's quadrupedal now and it disguises itself in mud to camouflage itself against Ursaring and Ursaluna

Pokémon: Hisuian Primeape
New Stats: 95 / 105 / 60 / 60 / 70 / 65
New Moves: Drill Run, Earth Power, Scorching Sands, Fissure, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock
Flavor/Design: it's quadrupedal now and it disguises itself in mud to hunt Teddiursa

Pokémon: Savangutan
Evolutionary Item: Peat Block (use item when Hisuian Primeape is level 42 or higher)
New Stats: 115 / 125 / 80 / 60 / 90 / 75 (BST: 545)
New Moves: Headlong Rush, Drill Run, Earth Power, Scorching Sands, Fissure, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock
Flavor/Design: big mud-covered quadrupedal gorilla/boar hybrid that has a strong rivalry with Ursaluna

:ss/yungoos: :ss/gumshoos: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Galarian Yungoos
New Typing: Rock/Fighting
New Abilities: Stakeout / Justified / Adaptability (HA)
New Stats: same as base form
New Moves: Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Sandstorm, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock, Smack Down, Rock Polish, Counter, Brick Break
Removed Moves: All Normal-type damaging moves
Flavor/Design: smol wannabe detective

Pokémon: Galarian Gumshoos
New Stats: same as base form
New Moves: Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Sandstorm, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock, Smack Down, Rock Polish, Counter, Brick Break, Cross Chop, Drain Punch, Close Combat, Superpower
Flavor/Design: more competent but still clumsy detective in training

Pokémon: Holmeshoos
New Stats: 118 / 130 / 80 / 55 / 80 / 55 (BST: 518)
New Moves: Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Sandstorm, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock, Smack Down, Rock Polish, Counter, Brick Break, Cross Chop, Drain Punch, Close Combat, Superpower, Strike of Justice (Fighting-type clone of First Impression)
Flavor/Design: bootleg Sherlock Holmes

:ss/woobat: :ss/swoobat: :ss/unown-question:
Pokémon: Galarian Woobat
New Typing: Ghost/Flying
New Abilities: Insomnia / Klutz / Cursed Body (HA)
New Stats: 65 / 45 / 43 / 72 / 43 / 55
New Moves: Night Shade, Ominous Wind, Hex, Destiny Bond, Nightmare, Poltergeist, Phantom Force, Dark Pulse, Memento, Confuse Ray, Curse
Removed Moves: All Psychic-type non-damaging moves except for Trick and Calm Mind, Gyro Ball
Flavor/Design: baby vampire bat that preys on the blood of Wooloo

Pokémon: Galarian Swoobat
New Stats: 67 / 57 / 55 / 114 / 55 / 77
New Moves: Night Shade, Ominous Wind, Hex, Destiny Bond, Nightmare, Poltergeist, Phantom Force, Dark Pulse, Memento, Confuse Ray, Curse
Removed Moves: All Psychic-type non-damaging moves except for Trick and Calm Mind, Gyro Ball
Flavor/Design: bigger vampire bat that preys on the blood of Wooloo

Pokémon: Dracubat
Evolutionary Item: Reaper Cloth (trade while holding item)
New Stats: 87 / 97 / 70 / 144 / 70 / 77 (BST: 545)
New Moves: Night Shade, Ominous Wind, Hex, Destiny Bond, Nightmare, Poltergeist, Phantom Force, Dark Pulse, Memento, Confuse Ray, Curse, Life Drain (Ghost-type special clone of Leech Life)
Flavor/Design: Dracula/bat hybrid that is the main predator of Dubwool

Ugh. Missing the end of voting (again) was embarrassing (again). Shows how out of it I've constantly been, not helped by I've been stuck doing all June so far. I guess my current avatar being Velma without her glasses fit though. Still, sorry everyone (especially you Glameow) and thanks for the votes.

Congrats to the other winners, and thanks to transwiththeplans for continuing to update things. I figured the least I could do is double-check things before I posted since you asked. I did find a few minor things, but overall good work as always:

Take all of this with a grain mountain of salt given how tired my eyes are and my current distraction listening to the evening news:

1. Removed Moves for Galarian Minior are only counted under Astrolite at present. Otherwise the removed moves are accurate.

2. Technically Falchion's Orrean Dratini line still learns Dragon Tail, but there's no real way to mark Egg Moves I guess. It shouldn't really be in Removed Moves though, and going by what was written, a lot more should be under Dratomic's removed moves, though Falchion himself (?) will have to confirm this: Hurricane, Wing Attack, Roost, Extreme Speed, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Wrap, Safeguard, Dragon Dance, and Outrage.

3. If all newly made abilities are bolded, then Ionization, Stormforce, and a few other things should be in bold I guess. The same goes for new moves like Fission Beam if that's true.

If the last thing is true, then, uh, I guess I do a separate count Later™ this week to help since I can only imagine trying to double check all of those at once will cause your eyes to glaze over. I also imagine, however, that I won't be able to do it before Thursday evening probably given what I'm still stuck doing. [Insert grumbling here.]

Anyway, here's my submission for this slate, the first time I'm completely changed typing so far. I'll also make sure that I'm actually around and on time to vote this time barring something drastic--knock on wood and such:

:drampa: :unown-question:
:sm/drampa:
Pokémon Drampa-Ultra
Type: Water / Rock {from Normal / Dragon type}
Abilities: Beast Boost / Sap Sipper / Cloud Nine (hidden ability) {Berserk replaced by Beast Boost}
Stats: 078 HP / 070 Atk / 095 Def / 125 SpA / 081 SpD / 036 Spe = 485 BST
{+10 Atk, +10 Def, -10 SpA, and -10 SpD compared to regular Drampa}

ADDED MOVES: Body Press, Conversion, Conversion 2, Impurity Filter*, Meteor Beam, Power Gem, Purify, Sandstorm, Scald, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, and Tri Attack (12)
REMOVED MOVES: Amnesia, Attract (it's genderless anyway), Dragon Breath, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Glare, Grass Knot, Heat Wave, Hyper Voice, Solar Beam, and Sunny Day (12)
Hex but Britta Water type:

Name: Impurity Filter
Clone of: Hex
Power: 65
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 15 (max. 24)
Category: Special
Type: Water
Description: "Relentless torrent of water attempts to violently scrub all impurities away from the target, taking longer the more impurity the target is."
Effect: "Base power doubles against target that is affected by a non-volatile status condition."
Priority: 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror, Protect

"Height" | Length: 10'10" | 3.3 m {regular Drampa: 9'10" | 3.0 m}
Weight: 646.4 lbs. | 293.2 kg {regular Drampa: 407.9 lbs. | 185.0 kg}

Flavor/Design: Basically Drampa but if made of brownish-green stone and thus both more monochromatic and angular than the "real" living thing of the mountains of Alola. I imagine that the only real differences in color would be blue-green internal lightning from its unblinking eyes and various segments along its throat, even when not emitting "dragon fire":

Pokémon Sun: "It is very statuelike in its appearance, which is why for many months researchers did not count it as a Pokémon. It does not seem to breathe or eat."
Pokémon Moon: "First seen near an ultra wormhole on an Alolan beach, its lengthy, stone body is akin to a Dragon type. It looks most similar to a Drampa if one were made of stone rather than flesh."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "Although it does not seem to be breathe or eat, the few instances of it outside of Ultra Space have generally been found drinking ocean water near beaches. Does it live on salt water alone?"
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Despite looking like a lot like Drampa, it does not share Drampa's friendly disposition towards children and prefers to not be touched. This has brought it into conflict with Drampa if it reproaches a child."

Oddly, the most significant thing about this completely off-type version of Drampa is that it "weirdly" would be the first mon in the Pet Mod to be the Water/Rock type. That's not too surprising given that Water/Rock is not...a great type, though amusingly it does manage to have fewer weaknesses than the Normal/Rock typing I was originally considering, and with Sap Sipper, it actually has fewer weaknesses than regular Drampa's Normal/Dragon typing; even with Sap Sipper, however, it misses out on that sweet Ghost-type immunity though.

Beyond that, I wanted to make a worthwhile special-oriented Water/Rock type, among other ideas I had for this, since regular Corsola is...bad, unfortunately, and since Omastar is generally only used in Rain (or with Shell Smash). Otherwise, Water/Rock mons tend to be physically oriented, and I didn't want to have to compete with Shell Smash access, so SpA focus it was.

Drampa-Ultra makes good use of that SpA given its STAB coverage is actually rather nice, not getting resisted by Steel alone like how regular Drampa's is while still having much of the coverage that has on top of it, i.e. Boltbeam. That coverage is true even before this mon's signature move of Impurity Filter, which helps expand on the type of teams it can fit onto and roles it can fit in, but we'll get into that with its evolution and other changes.

:sm/unown-question:
{evolves from Drampa-Ultra via Dubious Disc}
Pokémon: Longlong [a pun on the Chinese word for "dragon" as well as a bit of code--well, a variable--called a "longlong"]
Type: Water / Rock
Abilities: Beast Boost / Sap Sipper / Sand Stream (hidden ability) {Berserk and Cloud Nine replaced by Beast Boost and Sand Stream respectively}
Stats: 089 HP / 089 Atk / 108 Def / 151 SpA / 089 SpD / 031 Spe = 555 BST
{+11 HP / +19 Atk / +13 Def / +26 SpA / +08 SpD / -05 Spe}

ADDED MOVES: (same as Drampa-Ultra) + Coil, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Raging Fury, and Waterfall
REMOVED MOVES: (same as Drampa-Ultra's)

"Height" | Length: 35'09" | 10.9 m {same as Exeggutor-Alola}
Weight: 1,292.8 lbs | 586.4 kg

Flavor/Design: This is a bit difficult for me to picture given the continued sleep (and overall June...and 2022) problems as well as my "genius" idea of having it be based off of Porygon-Z to a small degree, minus (most of) the glitchiness of that, as well as the Porygon line in general to a larger degree. I figure that it's got quite a long crystalline and rocky body that still resembles a dragon and that it's likely jade green in color but possibly a bit blue too due to all of the water sloshing about within it given its terrible secret (!):

Pokémon Sun: "Despite the erratic behavior of the typical Porygon-Z after exposure to a Dubious Disc, this Pokémon's behavior does not seem to have changed much from its original form. Is it truly robotic or virtual in nature?"
Pokémon Moon: "Its stone body is extremely long but still flexible now, like an even longer Onix or Steelix. Despite its slow speed, it has no problem moving as it seems to constantly levitate slightly above the ground."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "Due to its compatibility with the Dubious Disc, it seems to be a virtual lifeform from Ultra Space. It has never reliably been viewed glitching, however, and it does not seem to interact with digital space at all."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Despite being likely virtual in nature, like most Pokémon it has some measure of emotion and feeling. Like the Drampa it more resembled before its evolution, it can cause terrible weather when enraged in the forms of fierce sandstorms and waves."

Said "terrible secret" is that Drampa-Ultra and by extension Longlong are essentially just ornate "living" water filter programs. (The second "terrible secret" is that the corruption of the Dubious Disc did somewhat affect it, though mostly just in the sense of making it more aggro than it was before; this has been reflected in the increase to Attack and all of the moves gained outside of Conversion 2 being physically oriented moves that take advantage of its weight or defense as well as it getting Sand Stream now over Cloud Nine. The third "terrible secret" is that I based its BST off Arcanine's BST given that's a lion dog or whatever, especially in its recent Hisuian form, which is the main reason this got Raging Fury. The fourth "terrible secret" is...forbidden and bad luck anyway.)

Competitively, I'd like to think this is in a good place despite how it would be the slowest of the fully evolved Water/Rock types, despite Water/Rock being a middling defensive type, and despite being a Water mon that doesn't resist Water (and dislikes Scald burns if physically oriented). The decreased Speed definitely helps it on Trick Room teams, and it generally has the bulk, especially when a Sandstorm is active, to tank any non-Grass hit from full in neutral conditions, though be weak to Steel Spikes and neutral to all other hazards isn't great. Still, even for Grass attacks, it can use Sap Sipper to cover and bait that particular weakness; I feel weirdly proud to make actual use of Sap Sipper even if its Attack stat is intentionally tied for its second lowest state after Speed.

It basically should have a bunch of different viable sets and team set ups even with it being weighted towards obliterating things with special moves, which is part of the reason that I went out of my way to give it Coil and Body Press too to better take advantage of Beast Boost; Body Press may have to go if that allows it to easily get past regular Chansey and Blissey though, even if this wariness is part of the reason I also made sure it couldn't just obliterate stall staple Quagsire by just getting rid of all Grass attacks Drampa could get. After all, Normal type privileges had to be rescinded a bit when this mon is no longer Normal, as did Glare privileges after adding what's essentially a Water-typed Hex to its movepool. It's rather telling, however, that even after taking away two whole types from its movepool (Fire and Grass), its coverage is still pretty good, though maybe that's just because of a different type of privilege. [/Water type privileges]

I will look over the remaining probable errors in this post tomorrow evening. Good night and good day and good week and so on.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Ugh. Missing the end of voting (again) was embarrassing (again). Shows how out of it I've constantly been, not helped by I've been stuck doing all June so far. I guess my current avatar being Velma without her glasses fit though. Still, sorry everyone (especially you Glameow) and thanks for the votes.

Congrats to the other winners, and thanks to transwiththeplans for continuing to update things. I figured the least I could do is double-check things before I posted since you asked. I did find a few minor things, but overall good work as always:

Take all of this with a grain mountain of salt given how tired my eyes are and my current distraction listening to the evening news:

1. Removed Moves for Galarian Minior are only counted under Astrolite at present. Otherwise the removed moves are accurate.

2. Technically Falchion's Orrean Dratini line still learns Dragon Tail, but there's no real way to mark Egg Moves I guess. It shouldn't really be in Removed Moves though, and going by what was written, a lot more should be under Dratomic's removed moves, though Falchion himself (?) will have to confirm this: Hurricane, Wing Attack, Roost, Extreme Speed, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Wrap, Safeguard, Dragon Dance, and Outrage.

3. If all newly made abilities are bolded, then Ionization, Stormforce, and a few other things should be in bold I guess. The same goes for new moves like Fission Beam if that's true.

If the last thing is true, then, uh, I guess I do a separate count Later™ this week to help since I can only imagine trying to double check all of those at once will cause your eyes to glaze over. I also imagine, however, that I won't be able to do it before Thursday evening probably given what I'm still stuck doing. [Insert grumbling here.]

Anyway, here's my submission for this slate, the first time I'm completely changed typing so far. I'll also make sure that I'm actually around and on time to vote this time barring something drastic--knock on wood and such:

:drampa: :unown-question:
:sm/drampa:
Pokémon Drampa-Ultra
Type: Water / Rock {from Normal / Dragon type}
Abilities: Beast Boost / Sap Sipper / Cloud Nine (hidden ability) {Berserk replaced by Beast Boost}
Stats: 078 HP / 070 Atk / 095 Def / 125 SpA / 081 SpD / 036 Spe = 485 BST
{+10 Atk, +10 Def, -10 SpA, and -10 SpD compared to regular Drampa}

ADDED MOVES: Body Press, Conversion, Conversion 2, Impurity Filter*, Meteor Beam, Power Gem, Purify, Sandstorm, Scald, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, and Tri Attack (12)
REMOVED MOVES: Amnesia, Attract (it's genderless anyway), Dragon Breath, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Glare, Grass Knot, Heat Wave, Hyper Voice, Solar Beam, and Sunny Day (12)
Hex but Britta Water type:

Name: Impurity Filter
Clone of: Hex
Power: 65
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 15 (max. 24)
Category: Special
Type: Water
Description: "Relentless torrent of water attempts to violently scrub all impurities away from the target, taking longer the more impurity the target is."
Effect: "Base power doubles against target that is affected by a non-volatile status condition."
Priority: 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror, Protect

"Height" | Length: 10'10" | 3.3 m {regular Drampa: 9'10" | 3.0 m}
Weight: 646.4 lbs. | 293.2 kg {regular Drampa: 407.9 lbs. | 185.0 kg}

Flavor/Design: Basically Drampa but if made of brownish-green stone and thus both more monochromatic and angular than the "real" living thing of the mountains of Alola. I imagine that the only real differences in color would be blue-green internal lightning from its unblinking eyes and various segments along its throat, even when not emitting "dragon fire":

Pokémon Sun: "It is very statuelike in its appearance, which is why for many months researchers did not count it as a Pokémon. It does not seem to breathe or eat."
Pokémon Moon: "First seen near an ultra wormhole on an Alolan beach, its lengthy, stone body is akin to a Dragon type. It looks most similar to a Drampa if one were made of stone rather than flesh."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "Although it does not seem to be breathe or eat, the few instances of it outside of Ultra Space have generally been found drinking ocean water near beaches. Does it live on salt water alone?"
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Despite looking like a lot like Drampa, it does not share Drampa's friendly disposition towards children and prefers to not be touched. This has brought it into conflict with Drampa if it reproaches a child."

Oddly, the most significant thing about this completely off-type version of Drampa is that it "weirdly" would be the first mon in the Pet Mod to be the Water/Rock type. That's not too surprising given that Water/Rock is not...a great type, though amusingly it does manage to have fewer weaknesses than the Normal/Rock typing I was originally considering, and with Sap Sipper, it actually has fewer weaknesses than regular Drampa's Normal/Dragon typing; even with Sap Sipper, however, it misses out on that sweet Ghost-type immunity though.

Beyond that, I wanted to make a worthwhile special-oriented Water/Rock type, among other ideas I had for this, since regular Corsola is...bad, unfortunately, and since Omastar is generally only used in Rain (or with Shell Smash). Otherwise, Water/Rock mons tend to be physically oriented, and I didn't want to have to compete with Shell Smash access, so SpA focus it was.

Drampa-Ultra makes good use of that SpA given its STAB coverage is actually rather nice, not getting resisted by Steel alone like how regular Drampa's is while still having much of the coverage that has on top of it, i.e. Boltbeam. That coverage is true even before this mon's signature move of Impurity Filter, which helps expand on the type of teams it can fit onto and roles it can fit in, but we'll get into that with its evolution and other changes.

:sm/unown-question:
{evolves from Drampa-Ultra via Dubious Disc}
Pokémon: Longlong [a pun on the Chinese word for "dragon" as well as a bit of code--well, a variable--called a "longlong"]
Type: Water / Rock
Abilities: Beast Boost / Sap Sipper / Sand Stream (hidden ability) {Berserk and Cloud Nine replaced by Beast Boost and Sand Stream respectively}
Stats: 089 HP / 089 Atk / 108 Def / 151 SpA / 089 SpD / 031 Spe = 555 BST
{+11 HP / +19 Atk / +13 Def / +26 SpA / +08 SpD / -05 Spe}

ADDED MOVES: (same as Drampa-Ultra) + Coil, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Raging Fury, and Waterfall
REMOVED MOVES: (same as Drampa-Ultra's)

"Height" | Length: 35'09" | 10.9 m {same as Exeggutor-Alola}
Weight: 1,292.8 lbs | 586.4 kg

Flavor/Design: This is a bit difficult for me to picture given the continued sleep (and overall June...and 2022) problems as well as my "genius" idea of having it be based off of Porygon-Z to a small degree, minus (most of) the glitchiness of that, as well as the Porygon line in general to a larger degree. I figure that it's got quite a long crystalline and rocky body that still resembles a dragon and that it's likely jade green in color but possibly a bit blue too due to all of the water sloshing about within it given its terrible secret (!):

Pokémon Sun: "Despite the erratic behavior of the typical Porygon-Z after exposure to a Dubious Disc, this Pokémon's behavior does not seem to have changed much from its original form. Is it truly robotic or virtual in nature?"
Pokémon Moon: "Its stone body is extremely long but still flexible now, like an even longer Onix or Steelix. Despite its slow speed, it has no problem moving as it seems to constantly levitate slightly above the ground."
Pokémon Ultra Sun: "Due to its compatibility with the Dubious Disc, it seems to be a virtual lifeform from Ultra Space. It has never reliably been viewed glitching, however, and it does not seem to interact with digital space at all."
Pokémon Ultra Moon: "Despite being likely virtual in nature, like most Pokémon it has some measure of emotion and feeling. Like the Drampa it more resembled before its evolution, it can cause terrible weather when enraged in the forms of fierce sandstorms and waves."

Said "terrible secret" is that Drampa-Ultra and by extension Longlong are essentially just ornate "living" water filter programs. (The second "terrible secret" is that the corruption of the Dubious Disc did somewhat affect it, though mostly just in the sense of making it more aggro than it was before; this has been reflected in the increase to Attack and all of the moves gained outside of Conversion 2 being physically oriented moves that take advantage of its weight or defense as well as it getting Sand Stream now over Cloud Nine. The third "terrible secret" is that I based its BST off Arcanine's BST given that's a lion dog or whatever, especially in its recent Hisuian form, which is the main reason this got Raging Fury. The fourth "terrible secret" is...forbidden and bad luck anyway.)

Competitively, I'd like to think this is in a good place despite how it would be the slowest of the fully evolved Water/Rock types, despite Water/Rock being a middling defensive type, and despite being a Water mon that doesn't resist Water (and dislikes Scald burns if physically oriented). The decreased Speed definitely helps it on Trick Room teams, and it generally has the bulk, especially when a Sandstorm is active, to tank any non-Grass hit from full in neutral conditions, though be weak to Steel Spikes and neutral to all other hazards isn't great. Still, even for Grass attacks, it can use Sap Sipper to cover and bait that particular weakness; I feel weirdly proud to make actual use of Sap Sipper even if its Attack stat is intentionally tied for its second lowest state after Speed.

It basically should have a bunch of different viable sets and team set ups even with it being weighted towards obliterating things with special moves, which is part of the reason that I went out of my way to give it Coil and Body Press too to better take advantage of Beast Boost; Body Press may have to go if that allows it to easily get past regular Chansey and Blissey though, even if this wariness is part of the reason I also made sure it couldn't just obliterate stall staple Quagsire by just getting rid of all Grass attacks Drampa could get. After all, Normal type privileges had to be rescinded a bit when this mon is no longer Normal, as did Glare privileges after adding what's essentially a Water-typed Hex to its movepool. It's rather telling, however, that even after taking away two whole types from its movepool (Fire and Grass), its coverage is still pretty good, though maybe that's just because of a different type of privilege. [/Water type privileges]

I will look over the remaining probable errors in this post tomorrow evening. Good night and good day and good week and so on.
I greatly appreciates making your own spreadsheet for ease of viewing and keeping track with stuff.

However we already have a voted-in Ultra Drampa for this Pet Mod; you might want to change it into another place, more likely Distorted World due to the winner Ultra Drampa’s evolution (Yungon) having 570 BST.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Voting phase is now open!

transwiththeplans will compile complete (not WIP) submissions of this slate for ease of options for you to vote for.

The Damned’s Ultra Drampa is vetoed as it wasn’t changed from another region.

Minor Spreadsheet Things
Fixed.

Anyways, your submissions this time are:

Falchion's Submissions
Distorted Starmie line
Alolan Solosis line
Orrean Hoothoot line
Unovan Aipom line
Lentalese Helioptile line
Galarian Cutiefly line

alephgalactus's Submissions
Galarian Chatot line
Kalosian Glameow line
Hisuian Nincada line
Hisuian Comfey line
Orrean Skitty line
Hoennian Bonsly line

analysis geek's Submission
Ultra Spinda line

Creeperguy270's Submission
Galarian Joltik line

Z-nogyrop's Submissions
Hisuian Arrokuda line
Kalosian Shuppet line
Kantoian Lillipup line
Johtonian Toxel line
Sinnohian Slugma line
Hoennian Swirlix line

transwiththeplans' Submissions
Hoennian Silicobra line
Hoennian Minior line
Sinnohian Larvitar line
Ultra Koffing line

PokePointdexter's Submissions
Hoennian Igglybuff line

StarFalcon's Submissions
Kantonian Scraggy line
Johtonian Rhyhorn line
Hisuian Mankey line
Galarian Yungoos line
Galarian Woobat line

Awww, I wanted to put a vote in for The Damned's Drampa line for being such a creative concept! Oh well. There's always the option of resubmitting a corrected version next time. Anyway...

:starmie: Distorted Starmie line
:solosis: Alolan Solosis line
:cutiefly: Galarian Cutiefly line
:chatot: Galarian Chatot line
:arrokuda: Hisuian Arrokuda line
:minior: Hoennian Minior line

[Insert appropriate defeat sound effect of your choice here.] Gods, this really isn't my week, my month, or even my year is it? Oh gods, 20202 is what the Friends opening song foretold, isn't it? Ugh. Avatar changed as appropriate.

Oh well. It's definitely my bad since I should have double-checked despite everything going wrong this month given I vaguely recalled Ultra and Alola overlapping since they're both Gen VII | Gen 7. So, sorry. I'm making a note now so that it won't happen again (probably). At least Falchion's Staryu line is close enough in spirit anyway, so nothing lost.

Anyway, blathering aside, here are my votes before I forget (again):

:starmie: Staryu-Distorted line
:solosis: Solosis-Alola line
:cutiefly: Cutiefly-Galar line (though this might get a tad absurd with Choice Specs and Toxidize--shrug; still, can't resist a The Fly reference)
:glameow: Glameow-Kalos line
:lillipup: Lillipup-Kanto line
:minior: Minior-Hoenn line (this is legal right? Even though it has two separate abilities? Still voting for it for now)
:rhyhorn: Rhyhorn-Johto line

P.S. I won't be around again until Friday, especially given what unfortunately happened yesterday (sigh), but I'll go over the entire spreadsheet and send you anything that may need to be fixed via PM if you want me to, transwiththeplans. Feel free to tell me "no" though so I'm not bothering you. I just can't use Discord still since I haven't had much real time to set up this new computer with everything going on this "wonderful" month.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
And with that, voting is finished! Here are the final scores:

Galarian Cutiefly: 5
Alolan Solosis: 3
Hisuian Arrokuda: 3
Hoennian Minior: 3
Hisuian Nincada: 3
Kalosian Glameow: 3
Lentalese Helioptile: 3
Kantonian Lillipup: 3
Hoennian Silicobra: 3

Distorted Staryu: 2
Hoennian Swirlix: 2
Ultra Spinda: 2
Galarian Chatot: 1
Hoennian Bonsly: 1
Johtonian Rhyhorn: 1
Hisuian Comfey: 1
Kantonian Scraggy: 1
Kalosian Shuppet: 1

Congratulations to Falchion, transwiththeplans, Z-nogyroP, and of course the charming and charismatic alephgalactus!

Congrats to everyone! TIDEPOD SUPREMACY (*A*)

:cutiefly: Cutiefly-Galar line (though this might get a tad absurd with Choice Specs and Toxidize--shrug; still, can't resist a The Fly reference)
Oh shit, that might indeed be an issue! Does anyone think Helpmee's Toxidize should be replaced with a different HA with one of the signature moves changed to a Poison-type Freeze-Dry clone that's SE against Steel-types, or just give it weaker moves because its massive Sp. Atk. stat would allow them to hit hard anyway? Please advise so I don't run into any trouble going forward!

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Does anyone think Helpmee's Toxidize should be replaced with a different HA with one of the signature moves changed to a Poison-type Freeze-Dry clone that's SE against Steel-types, or just give it weaker moves because its massive Sp. Atk. stat would allow them to hit hard anyway? Please advise so I don't run into any trouble going forward!
I feel like the first option would be the better one. I don’t think anyone should be too worried about special wallbreakers when Glastiodon exists.

I feel like the first option would be the better one. I don’t think anyone should be too worried about special wallbreakers when Glastiodon exists.
In that case, please ban Toxidize for now (I'll see if I can use it in one of my subs for the next slate) and change the Galarian Cutiefly line's HA to Gluttony. Please also replace Ant Acid with the aforementioned Poison-type Steel-hitting Freeze-Dry clone - for obvious reasons, I'm calling it Acid Bath. (And again, I might also add it to future submissions of mine as appropriate - anyone else who wants to use it for their own subs is welcome to as well!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)