Pokémon Regieleki

Magmajudis

Title pending
I messed around with Ring Target a bit, and it's tricky because you need to use a mon doesn't rely on any particular item, has Trick/Switcheroo, and will draw in common Ground-types, and there aren't that many of those. Klutz Golurk, Metagross and physical Jirachi are examples of viable lando-bait, I guess. But then you absolutely have to predict correctly on the turn you use Trick or that strategy is dead. And god forbid if the opponent has multiple Ground-types, which is pretty common. It's just inherently inconsistent. As people have said, just overloading the opponent's Grounds is probably a more viable strategy.
Actually there's Klefki who's viable as a Lando and swampert bait

Magmajudis

Title pending
Except NOONE uses Klefki in standard because its garbage so anyone with an inkling of brain power who sees Klefki + Regieleki knows exactly what its gonna do and play around it accordingly.
Except it's Redemption, a top player, who used this strat (but i agree that if the opponent knows it he's not gonna fall for it, he used it at the starts of the metagame)

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Except it's Redemption, a top player, who used this strat (but i agree that if the opponent knows it he's not gonna fall for it, he used it at the starts of the metagame)
I haven’t heard anyone call him a top player ever and there unfortunately aren’t many results to back that, but regardless of silly Pokemon politics, RedEmption is a good player. However, one good — or even top — player using something doesn’t automatically validate it. I don’t think anything is worth using a Pokemon as bad as Klefki, let alone this, which is far from foolproof or a sure thing.

Magmajudis

Title pending
I haven’t heard anyone call him a top player ever and there unfortunately aren’t many results to back that, but regardless of silly Pokemon politics, RedEmption is a good player. However, one good — or even top — player using something doesn’t automatically validate it. I don’t think anything is worth using a Pokemon as bad as Klefki, let alone this, which is far from foolproof or a sure thing.
He himself said the strat would be bad pretty fast too (i didn't say it was good either). Also, why do you say he's not a top player ? He literrally was in the World Cup multiple years, won tournaments, is frequently extremely high ladder, and won most of it's matches in the world Cup this year

Magmajudis

Title pending
Well, he's not as much of a top player as you are, but he's still one

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Ring Target lures like Klefki are awful because nobody runs Klefki for anything else, and hence it is obviously telegraphed. If you’re going to run a Ring Target tricker, I’d recommend (well, not doing it lol) using something like Victini, which has an actual role in the metagame and is frequently checked by grounds.

Ring Target lures like Klefki are awful because nobody runs Klefki for anything else, and hence it is obviously telegraphed. If you’re going to run a Ring Target tricker, I’d recommend (well, not doing it lol) using something like Victini, which has an actual role in the metagame and is frequently checked by grounds.
The Rotom appliances are quite good at this too

A lure Victini probably would be better off just attacking the Ground types, it has moves like Glaciate and Grass Knot that can make it effective for the role and a decent partner for Regieleki. Although seeing Regieleki in preview will probably make most player cautious around Victini with their Grounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)