SS OU Regieleki Hail

This is actually a concept that I thought of quite a while ago, where basically you use hail abusers and strong ice spammers to remove ground types to then sweep with Regieleki. Without further ado, here's the team: https://pokepast.es/71249667fec48acd

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Alolan Ninetales is the only viable hail setter in OU, and I just run the standard bulky hail setter set. I usually only bring it in after a kill to avoid it taking damage. Freeze-Dry and Moonblast are STAB moves, Aurora Veil is to help Arctozolt and other mons switch in easier, and encore is to punish set up sweepers. This set is pretty self-explanatory.

Arctozolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Substitute
- Low Kick
- Freeze-Dry

Arctozolt is the most viable hail abuser, with a stab Bolt Beak that can OHKO or 2HKO most of the tier. Low kick is great for hitting steel types such as Ferrothorn who resist both of Arctozolts STABs, and can even OHKO Bisharp. I run Naughty but Naive is also fine for outspeeding Dragapult and Zeraora, although you can't do much to Zeraora anyways. The STABS are pretty much self-planatory, and substitute is just so that Arctozolt can get additional chip on another Pokemon if need be.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic
Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

I put these two together because I took heavy inspiration from Pinkacross' Arctozolt Hail Revamped RMT, where he featured both of these pokemon. Swampert is role compresser, a great special wall, stealth rock setter, status spreader, pivot, and fire resist, which is why I included it on the team. Mandibuzz is also really neat. It acts as a physical wall, ghost resist, ground resist, and pivot, as well as a defogger, which is necessary to bring Ninetales in without it taking a lot of chip. It can also punish setup sweepers with Foul Play.

Regieleki @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball
- Ancient Power

This is the standard Pinkacross Regieleki set, and I use this set because its a secondary hazard remover, although I almost never click rapid spin, a pivot, and a late game sweeper. Usually teams will only have one or two ground types in their team, and once they are removed, Regieleki can easily run circles around them with volt switch.

Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 112 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 64 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

This is Emvee's Chinese Mamoswine set. With Thick Fat, it actually acts as another fire type resist and ground type remover. Earthquake is to hit the steel types which are problematic for ice types, ice shard is priority for pokemon that outspeed it, icicle crash is a strong stab move, and rock tomb is a (relatively) high accuracy, rock coverage move that also lowers opponents speed.

I look forward from hearing back from you guys!

Emvee's "chinese" set is just random numbers. It isn't a very good set. None of his EV spreads are very good lol they're just memes. You already have a good deal of special tankiness with Mandibuzz + Swampert as is so I suggest just changing Mamoswine to a Life Orb or Choice Band set to help break walls. Outside of Arctozolt your team is very passive so switching to an offensive Mamoswine will really help shred defensive cores.

Hi, it's been a bit but i will try to help with your team.
It seems like a really cool concept but you took inspiration from some old RMT's (made in early 2021) were the metagame was completely different and Pokemons such as Mandibuzz and Swampert aren't used that much nowadays, altho Hail HO teams are seen sometimes so we can try and make this a little more offensive.

:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: Not much to say as the combo is strong and sets are fine, you can consider Blizzard>Substitute or Freeze Dry. Freeze Dry basically helps only with Gastrodon as Swampert isn't really used nowadays and Sub is for sure fine but having Blizzard is huge sometimes. You can also try Leftovers as an item if you use Substitute but HDB is fine and we for sure want Naive as beside Zeraora it helps also against some Scarf users. Hypnosis is also really used on Alolatales over Encore as hitting it can be really huge and game changing altho it's kinda luck based so personally i don't love it but it's for sure scary.

:Swampert: :mandibuzz: As I said, those 2 were used some time ago but we talk about more than one year ago so yea i would just replace them. If you want a rocker, we can try Heatran which covers the Fire and Steel weaknesses. We can either go for the Balloon setter set or for a bulkier one.
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 184 HP / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
As for the defogger, we can probably try a simple Lando which also help ourselves with the Electric mons like Koko which could be annoying, or even Zeraora which would otherwise be a big threat, altho he isn't used very much and i would rather go for Swords Dance Garchomp as we have a spinner in Regieleki and we will try to put as much pressure as possible to prevent them from setting rocks up.

:regieleki: I would rather try Magnet on it but HDB is for sure fine, just change Electro Ball for Thunderbolt and we are fine.

:mamoswine: I would try (another) setup sweeper to try and abuse screens more. I think we can go for Blaziken which can run Balloon or Life orb and can actually help a lot by killing Lando or Garchomp as people will try to use Intimidate and Rough skin to beat it.

I would change it to something like this: https://pokepast.es/0f250e3451a5a768
This looks better and Chomp/Ken can lure in Lando/Hippo which are 2 of the main Ground-types in the metagame along with a couple others. It's been some weeks you posted this but i hope it's still helpful and you understood why we changed some things!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)