Really annoying problem

A long time ago, like over a year ago, I could play shoddy just fine and I played it regularly. Then a problem happened that stopped me from playing (the problem came out of nowhere). I tried seeing if the problem went away today, it hasn't.

The problem is that every time I try to connect to someone and play them my computer restarts. I can create a team, log-in, chat, but I can't play someone. I haven't tried spectating. It's just odd because it only happens when I connect to someone else and instead of bringing up a battle window my comp restarts.

In case it helps, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Java and shoddy and it hasn't helped. I have Mozilla and Comcast is my service provider.

Yeah, I'd like some help here.

I've tried spectating matches and playing on other servers. I can't battle on any other servers, the same thing happens on every server. However, I can spectate matches just fine which is the odd part.

Any explanations? Please?

Actually, never mind, I solved the problem. For some odd reason I can play shoddy on another account, but not my main administrative account. Weird.

Scratch that again. I still have the problem. For some unknown reason that one time that I managed to get through was a fluke.

I was a little wrong before when I said that my computer restarts every time. Every time it either does that right away or my computer cycles itself between frozen and unfrozen until a message pops up that says something along the lines of "Your connection has been interrupted with *whomever*. Would you like to disconnect?". At that point if I press no and close everything then I'm just stuck in that freezing cycle until I restart my computer and if I say yes to the message then shoddy attempts the connection again and my computer restarts itself.

So ANYONE want to help out here? I'm sure someone here has some knowledge of java and/or shoddy.

Welcome to Smogon!

Secondly, you need to learn to make use of the edit button located at the bottom right of your post. Quadruple posting is not permitted. Edit all of your information into the original post please, and delete the other three.

I know that you can't double post, triple post, etc. I just needed to get some attention. It's quite frustrating when I don't get a reply from anyone even attempting to help me. Simply editing my post won't catch very much attention.

Is there someone who could help?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Unfortunately, when people post these random problems, we have no solutions. If we did, we would put them in an FAQ or something, not keep the knowledge hidden. Try reinstalling the program, upgrading Java, and such, but we don't have any hidden magic solution that solves problems we can't reproduce ourselves.

It's unfortunate that a notable number of people have problems with the program but right now, we are a bit low on information to work with.

I used to have this problem, chances are its a driver problem. If you're currently using a wireless network card (mine was a Netgear WG111 v2), the older versions of the drivers don't work with Shoddy properly for whatever reason, so try updating them. Also, when it happened to me, I'd occasionally get a blue screen error instead of the computer simply restarting, so if updating the network card drivers doesn't work, you could try and get the blue screen up. Somewhere towards the bottom, the one I was getting pointed me to the problematic driver, which is how I managed to work it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)