Read-Only server files

Ok, I'm trying to host a server for me and my friends to just fool around on. I can get it working slightly (using hamachi, since they can't seem to connect otherwise). I was trying to edit the server a bit, just to make some more "custom battles".
Only thing is whenever I try altering anything in the Shoddy server folder, it says the files are read only. I tried just swapping that in properties, however it says I need administrator permission to continue (which I do have on my computer). I accept, but the files are still counted a read-only.
A bit of help would be appreciated, since I can't even uninstall the server files to try re-installing them.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Assuming you are using Microsoft ® Windows ® Vista ® your user account needs to be "elevated" before you can play with files that are owned by root. To do this, locate the file explorer in the start menu and then try right click -> run as admin. You should be able to delete or modify the files in this instance of explorer, assuming nothing is using them.

Assuming you are using Microsoft ® Windows ® Vista ® your user account needs to be "elevated" before you can play with files that are owned by root. To do this, locate the file explorer in the start menu and then try right click -> run as admin. You should be able to delete or modify the files in this instance of explorer, assuming nothing is using them.
Ok, I'll try that.

EDIT: Where would File explorer be as default on Windows Vista?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)