Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Virtual Console Symbol
Moves: Baton Pass, Perish Song, Ancient Power, Future Sight
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Johto region
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional):
Nothing looks fishy, all Celebi transferred from Virtual Console are guaranteed 5 random perfect IVs, and it's possible to soft-reset for a shiny one.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Are regular non-event legendaries from 6 gen guarenteed any IVs or is it only events?
Gen 6 Is the first gen to guarentee 3 31 IVs on legndary encounters. (Which stats get the 3 is random)
It’s also not just limited to legends, it’s any Pokémon in the No Eggs Discovered egg group (listed here: https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/No_Eggs_Discovered_(Egg_Group)) which includes things like Cosplay Pikachu and the fossils in SWSH. Virtual Console Celebi is an outlier in that it gets 5 perfect IVs, everything else gets 3 from Gen 6 onward.

Does Meltan and Melmetal from Pokemon Go have guaranteed IVs?
I have 3 meltan and a melmetal from trades that have no best stats.

mod edit: Please don't double post; use "edit" instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tatertot

Does Meltan and Melmetal from Pokemon Go have guaranteed IVs?
Pokémon Go has a separate formula for transfer. Every stat except for Speed is doubled and given an additional point. Special Attack and Special Defense have the same stats as Attack and Defense. Speed is randomized upon capture in the Go Park. So for example, a 12/15/14 Meltan in Go would have 25/31/29/31/29/x in Let’s Go. All this information (and more!) is covered in the first post of this thread too, btw.

Thanks!

Please check this one out,

Language: FRE
Species: Cobalion
OT: Pépito
ID No.: 40347
IVs: 3 Best, 1 Decent and 2 Pretty Good
EVs (optional):
Ability: Justified
Pokemon's name: Cobaltium
Level: 50
Pokeball: Master Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Pentagon
Moves: Retaliate, Iron Head, Sacred Sword, Sword Dance
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Hoenn region
Characteristic: It takes plenty of siestas!
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): It uses the star shiny animation in Pokemon Shield version.

Are star shiny animations possible for legendaries from the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire?

Mod edit : Please do not double post. If you forgot to add something, please edit your previous post.

It looks normal enough, 3 iv shiny.

Shiny Caught legendaries can be Star OR Square in gen 3,4,5,ORAS,USUM, colo
Event Shiny Legendaries are only Square (except for Colo,Original Ruby/Sapphire)

Just get your own stuff so you don't have to do any of these unnecessary check

Hi I have these pokemon and I was wondering if they were hacked

Language:English
Species:NINETALES
OT:Ghosty
ID No.:772025
IVs:Hp:Around 30-20 Attack:0 Sp. Def:30 Sp.Atk:30 Defense:31 Speed:31
EVs (optional):
Ability:Drought
Pokemon's name:Ninetales
Level:5
Pokeball:Fast Ball
Shiny?:Yes
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify):Cross
Moves:Fire Blast, Energy Ball, Hidden Power, Hypnosis
Nature:Timid
Region of origin:Alola
Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
Ribbons:None
Other comments (optional):The OT of this pokemon is the same trainer I traded with to get it, I traded my shiny SLOWKING for it

Species:ALAKAZAM
OT:Smogon
ID No.:00109
IVs:Hp:30 Attack:29 Defense:31 Speed:30 Sp.Def:30 Sp. Atk:30
EVs (optional):
Ability:Magic Guard
Pokemon's name:Alakazam
Level:68
Pokeball:Regular Pokeball
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify):No
Moves:Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, Recover
Region of origin:Unova
Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
Other comments (optional):

Species:FLYGON
OT:Ash
ID No.: 200605
IVs: All 31
EVs (optional):
Ability:Levitate
Pokemon's name:Flygon
Level:100
Pokeball:Luxury Ball
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify):Cross Moves:Crunch, Dragon Claw, Superpower, Earthquake
Nature:Brave
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Other comments (optional):Recieved from GTS for ENTEI LVL 21-30

Last edited:
Alakazam is a hack

Ninetales at first glance looks legal but that's about it lol, i'm leaning toward legal since 20/0/30/30/31/31 or 20-30/0/30/30/31/31 means it's Hidden Power Water, and it doesn't run HP Water most of the time. Again, it's hard to tell with this

mod edit: legit -> legal

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hi I have these pokemon and I was wondering if they were hacked

Species:FLYGON
OT:Ash
ID No.: 200605
IVs: All 31
EVs (optional):
Ability:Levitate
Pokemon's name:Flygon
Pokeball:Luxury Ball
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify):Cross Moves:Crunch, Dragon Claw, Superpower, Earthquake
Nature:Brave
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Other comments (optional):Recieved from GTS for ENTEI LVL 21-30
OP said:
Perfect and/or shiny Pokemon obtained in a trade with an unknown trainer (i.e. from the GTS/Wonder Trade/Passerby) stand a reasonable chance of being hacked, so it's safest to assume they are. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Flawless shiny from the GTS would def fit this category.

Okay thanks I was just wondering because the NINETALES looked suspicious because of its nature, egg move and ability, but I got it from the same trainer as it’s OT and it has some mixed IVs, so that’s why I posted that message

Oh yeah and before I forget I have another pokemon that seems suspicious not because of it’s IVS, moves or ability it’s because of what region its from

Language:japanese
Species:CLEFABLE
OT:(Some japanese name/word, can’t read in japanese)
ID No.:07830
IVs:HP:31 Attack:Somewhere around 15-25 Defense:31 Sp.Def:Somewhere around 15-25 Sp.Atk: Somewhere around 20-27
EVs (optional):
Ability:Unaware
Pokemon's name:ピクシー
Pokeball:Ordinary Pokeball
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify):No, Gameboy symbol
Moves:Sing, Doubleslap, Minimize, Metronome
Nature:Hardy
Region of origin:Apparently Kanto
Characteristic:Takes plenty of siestas
Other comments (optional):Recieved from GTS

Last edited:
Okay thanks I was just wondering because the NINETALES looked suspicious because of its nature, egg move and ability, but I got it from the same trainer as it’s OT and it has some mixed IVs, so that’s why I posted that message

Oh yeah and before I forget I have another pokemon that seems suspicious not because of it’s IVS, moves or ability it’s because of what region its from

Language:japanese
Species:CLEFABLE
OT:(Some japanese name/word, can’t read in japanese)
ID No.:07830
IVs:HP:31 Attack:Somewhere around 15-25 Defense:31 Sp.Def:Somewhere around 15-25 Sp.Atk: Somewhere around 20-27
EVs (optional):
Ability:Unaware
Pokemon's name:ピクシー
Pokeball:Ordinary Pokeball
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify):No, Gameboy symbol
Moves:Sing, Doubleslap, Minimize, Metronome
Nature:Hardy
Region of origin:Apparently Kanto
That seems to be a Clefable from the Virtual Console games. "ピクシー" is Clefable's japanese name, if i'm not mistaken.

So it’s legal for it to have both hidden ability and be shiny from that time? Because that’s what I was wondering about, I don’t think shinies or even abilities exist in that platform but I dont know much

Tatertot

So it’s legal for it to have both hidden ability and be shiny from that time? Because that’s what I was wondering about, I don’t think shinies or even abilities exist in that platform but I dont know much
Pokémon caught in the Gen 2 Virtual Console games can be shiny, and all Pokémon transferred from Virtual Console come with their Hidden Abilities. It would actually be illegal for that Clefable to NOT have its Hidden Ability. This quote is from the first post of this thread, check it out if you'd like a fairly comprehensive education on basic hack checking:

Gen 2 (GSC Virtual Console games):
  • Pokemon imported from these games will have their Hidden Abilities.
  • Any Pokemon can be shiny when imported.
    • As a result, shiny Celebi is now possible. Celebi can only be shiny when imported from these games.
  • When imported, every Pokemon will have at least 3 31 IVs, even if they can breed.
    • This means that certain Hidden Power IV combinations are impossible, including HP Fighting entirely.
    • Celebi will have guaranteed 5 perfect IVs when imported.

Oh okay I was just wondering because I thought GEN I was where my CLEFABLE originated and I thought GEN II was the Hoenn region but I guess I was wrong, anyway thanks again

Hello again I don’t know if posting a new reply regarding a new topic on this subject a few days after posting my last one counts as double-posting but my old reply seemed outdated so I decided to type a new one, I recently got MORE pokemon that I suspect of being hacked and I am hoping that I could have them checked

Species:SYLVEON
OT:Squid
ID No.:366483
IVs:ALL 31 Except for Attack, which is 0
EVs (optional):
Ability:Pixilate
Pokemon's name:Taffy
Level:47
Pokeball:Love Ball
Moves:LightScreen, Moonblast, PsychUp, Wish
Nature:Modest

Species:NINETALES (Alola regional variant)
OT:Rogue
ID No.:009987
IVs:HP:31 Atk:Hyper-trained Defense:Hyper-trained Speed:30 Sp. Def:31 Sp. Atk:Hyper-trained
EVs (optional):
Ability:SnowWarning
Pokemon's name:Ninetails
Pokeball:Premier Ball
Moves:FreezeDry, HiddenPower, Attract, Moonblast
Characteristic:Somewhat vain
Ribbons:Alola Champion Ribbon, Battle Royal Master Ribbon, Battle Tree Great Ribbon, Battle Tree Master Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon

Last edited:

Tatertot

Hello again I don’t know if posting a new reply regarding a new topic on this subject a few days after posting my last one counts as double-posting but my old reply seemed outdated so I decided to type a new one, I recently got MORE pokemon that I suspect of being hacked and I am hoping that I could have them checked

Species:SYLVEON
OT:Squid
ID No.:366483
IVs:ALL 31 Except for Attack, which is 0
EVs (optional):
Ability:Pixilate
Pokemon's name:Taffy
Level:47
Pokeball:Love Ball
Moves:LightScreen, Moonblast, PsychUp, Wish
Nature:Modest

Species:NINETALES (Alola regional variant)
OT:Rouge
ID No.:009987
IVs:HP:31 Atk:Hyper-trained Defense:Hyper-trained Speed:30 Sp. Def:31 Sp. Atk:Hyper-trained
EVs (optional):
Ability:SnowWarning
Pokemon's name:Ninetails
Pokeball:Premier Ball
Moves:FreezeDry, HiddenPower, Attract, Moonblast
Characteristic:Somewhat vain
Ribbons:Alola Champion Ribbon, Battle Royal Master Ribbon, Battle Tree Great Ribbon, Battle Tree Master Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon
Hi again, last time you posted I recommended you read the first post of this thread, as it has a lot of tips that would be useful to you. The first major tip mentioned in that post is as follows:

General Rules of Thumb for Distinguishing Hacked Pokemon:
  • Perfect and/or shiny Pokemon obtained in a trade with an unknown trainer (i.e. from the GTS/Wonder Trade/Passerby) stand a reasonable chance of being hacked, so it's safest to assume they are. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Possible =/= Legitimate.
    • If the odds of getting the Pokemon are worse than the chance of being eaten by a shark while in a plane, it's probably hacked. Save yourself the headache later, assume it's hacked, and don't trade it.
      • RNG abuse is the exception to this, so some common sense goes a long way. See first tip.
Basically, if you're looking for legitimate Pokémon on the GTS, you're looking in the wrong place. It's best to just assume everything good that you get off of there is hacked. For example, everything on that Sylveon is legal, but there's a much higher chance of someone hacking it to have perfect stats and be shiny than learning how to RNG abuse one, which is pretty much the only reasonable way to get something like that. There's a 99.9999% chance that thing is hacked.

The Ninetales is less likely to be hacked since it only has a few perfect IVs, which could be gotten through S.O.S. chaining. Everything about it appears legal.

Take the time to read the first post of this thread, it'll really help you out.

they both hacked, release them and move on, or keep them personal use.

For the first one, nobody in their right mind would GTS away a Flawless 6 ivs FEMALE Sylveon, that's 1:7 male to female ratio.

For the second one, nobody in their right mind would GTS away a Gen 7 Ribbon Masters, unless it's a hacked or a mis-click (seen it happened). Also, if you received this on HOME, then the person that traded you the Ninetales could have favorited it, so it is unlikely a mistake.

Okay thank you yet again, I’ll take your advice and assume that if a pokemon from the GTS has perfect IV’s, egg moves, a perfect nature and a hidden ability and is shiny that it’s hacked, not that I wont completely NOT trust any ordinary shiny from the GTS, anyway thanks again

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Okay thank you yet again, I’ll take your advice and assume that if a pokemon from the GTS has perfect IV’s, egg moves, a perfect nature and a hidden ability and is shiny that it’s hacked, not that I wont completely NOT trust any ordinary shiny from the GTS, anyway thanks again
I'd recommend always distrusting any shiny obtained via GTS if you want to be 100% "clean". Again, that's completely up to you, but even ordinary shinies aren't necessary legit.

Pretty much. If it looks too good to be true, it's probably a hack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)