Tournaments RBY PL III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion

Artwork by Spook

Host Team: DYA, Lumii, and roxiee
Tournaments Rules and General Guidelines
RBY PL III Commencement Thread
Spreadsheet (coming soon!)
Schedule Sheet (coming soon!)

In this thread, you can sign up to manage in RBY PL III. There will be six teams. The tiers are as following:
  • RBY OU
  • RBY OU
  • RBY OU
  • RBY UU
  • RBY NU
  • RBY Ubers
Here is the signup format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional):
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:
  • You are allowed up to 2 retains.
  • This is the cost it will take to retain the player.
    • Retain Price: The higher of 10k or +3k from your price last year (+6k if you were retained in RBY PL II). Here is last year;s spreadsheet and retain information if you want to double check the numbers below.
  • Retains can be refused. Make sure you confirm with the player they want to be retained before letting me know!
  • [NEW] Retains are tier-locked to the tiers they signed up for in RBY PL II for the entire regular season.
  • If you were a manager / assistant manager last year, you will likely get that Retain Pool.
  • If you were a player last year and a manager / assistant manager this year, you will likely get that Retain Pool.
  • For all new managers, you may request which team you would like retains from. If you are the only ones to request that team, you will get it. If multiple claim a single batch of retains, I will randomly pick on Pokemon Showdown! to decide. Please request retain pools in order.
Retain Pool 1 (Viridian Victreebels)
  • Khaetis - 20k
  • eden -17.5k
  • Oiseau Bleu - 16k (retained in RBY PL II)
  • Lusch - 14k
  • Volk - 11k
  • BT89 - 10k
  • lax - 10k
  • Thor - 10k
  • Davy Green - 10k
Retain Pool 2 (Starship Starmies)
  • ACII - 10k
  • Koalacance - 10k
  • LpZ - 10k
  • Mikon - 10k
  • pac - 10k
  • Sevi 7 - 10k
  • El Cadaver - 10k
  • Fakee - 10k
  • Gastiles - 10k
  • Luirromen - 10k
  • ArcticBreeze - 10k
  • toytean - 10k
Retain Pool 3 (Silph Co Snorlaxes)
  • Aliss - 18k
  • S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - 13k
  • Melbelle - 10k
  • Unowndragon - 10k
  • Sificon - 10k
  • Mister Tim - 10k
  • HSA - 10k
  • zee - 10k
  • Holly - 10k
  • Trade - 10k
  • HSOWA - 10k
  • Isza - 10k
  • Oathkeeper - 10k
  • Surfy - 10k
Retain Pool 4 (Hipster Hypnos)
  • Frrf - 18k
  • Shellnuts - 13.5k
  • Enigami - 13k
  • Prof_J -10k
  • teal6 - 10k
  • Lutra - 10k
  • ziloXX - 10k
  • Quarante8 - 10k
  • Ctown6 - 10k
  • LTG - 10k
Retain Pool 5 (Ding Dang Dewgongs)
  • Gilbert arenas - 17k (retained in RBY PL II)
  • Mr.378 - 16k (Retained in RBY PL II)
  • spies - 13.5k
  • chuva de perereca - 10k
  • kjdaas - 10k
  • stunner047 - 10k
  • Genesis7 - 10k
Retain Pool 6 (El Wrappo Dragonites)
  • TonyFlygon - 24.5k (retained in RBY PL II)
  • 64 Squares - 17k (retained in RBY PL II)
  • Hayburner - 16k (retained in RBY PL II)
  • phoopes - 10k
  • HaaiL - 10k
  • SBPC - 10k

Reminders:
  • You must sign up with an Assistant Manager.
  • [NEW] Only one Manager or Assistant Manager will be allowed to buy themselves for 15k. You must let me know before Player Signups close.
  • [NEW] You are allowed up to 2 Retains (see above). You must let me know before Player Signups close.
    • [NEW] Retains are tier-locked to the tiers they signed up for in RBY PL II for the entire regular season.
  • Deadline: Sunday August 28th 9:00 PM GMT-4.
Good Luck!

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Manager: May
Assistant Manager: Amaranth
Team Name: Hipster Hypnos
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional): GIMME THOSE HYPNO LADS RFNNNNNNN
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: We managed in RBYPL II to great success, two of the biggest RBY sweatlords alive, have the swaggiest team name of all time, zero flaws, and all the confidence in the world.

Manager: SadisticNarwhal
Assistant Manager: Justamente
Team Name: Viridian Victreebels
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: Hello, I am SadisticNarwhal and I won RBY PL II if you didn’t know. Thank you :woop: Justamente has been very active in RBY tours the last two years. He also has managing experience in RBY PL, making semis of RBY PL I, and has won GSC PL I & II back to back.

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Manager: phoopes
Assistant Manager: Volk
Team Name: Fuchsia Pholktales
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional): Starship Starmies
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:
1. I've had plenty of opportunities as a player and want to try something new
2. Pholk is such a good portmanteau like come on you love us already
3. Unlike SOME people I actually have an assistant manager :psysly:

Manager: Koalacancee
Assistant Manager: Nalorium
Team Name: Frozen Articuno (it sucks but we'll win anyway)
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional): Ding Dang Dewgongs
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I'm pretty active in the RBY commu and know a lot about each RBY tier. Since i'm only playing since i started smogon i want to try something else and manage a team (the first rby pl was one of my first team tour as player, it would be really nice if it being my first manage experience). And nalorium is the goat, he manage everywhere and perf everywhere ,then, as a winner, he's obviously my co manager.

Serpi

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
Manager: Serpi
Assistant Manager: stunner047
Team Name: Ding Dang Dewgongs
Preferred Retain Pool: Ding Dang Dewgongs
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: We were both on the Dewgongs last year (both years in my case), so we'd like to just keep that tradition going. I personally got a lot of managing experience last year as assistant manager of the Dewgongs, especially as I had to jump in and take over the managing duties (first because of availabilities, later because of a forum ban), and I'd say I did a pretty good job. I definitely feel confident to bring together a great RBY team and lead it to a successful RBY Season, especially since I have a very committed stunner047 by my side as assistant manager

Manager: Serpi
Assistant Manager: stunner047
Team Name: Ding Dang Dewgongs
Preferred Retain Pool: Ding Dang Dewgongs
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: We were both on the Dewgongs last year (both years in my case), so we'd like to just keep that tradition going. I personally got a lot of managing experience last year as assistant manager of the Dewgongs, especially as I had to jump in and take over the managing duties (first because of availabilities, later because of a forum ban), and I'd say I did a pretty good job. I definitely feel confident to bring together a great RBY team and lead it to a successful RBY Season, especially since I have a very committed stunner047 by my side as assistant manager
Confirming. Victreebels we are coming for your crown:mad:

Manager: RageAgainstTheMagearna
Assistant Manager: eden
Team Name: Nugget Bridge Bandits
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I myself have been a pretty frequent RBY player over the past 2 years, and am super interested in the chance to have a direct hand in a tournament for the generation. Even though I'm newer to managing, I headed the regular season leader/playoff runner-up team in this past DPPPL, and I think I have the skill and now the experience to run with even more success here. Eden needs no introduction, he's been a great manager several times in the past, and he topped the pool of this tournament last year. I'm certain we can make an amazing run of this tour.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hipster Hypnos - May & Amaranth
Virdian Victreebels - SaDiSTiCNarwhal & Justamente
Fuchsia Pholktales (El Wrappo Dragonites) - phoopes & Volk
Frozen Articuno (Starship Starmies) - Koalacance & Nalorium
Ding Dang Dewgongs - Serpi & stunner047
Nugget Bridge Bandits (Silph Co Snorlaxes) - RageAgainstTheMagearna & eden

Hypnos, Victreebels, and Dewgongs are all returning managers that keep their retain pool. Nalorium managed the Starmies last year so Articuno will obtain their retain pool. phoopes played for the Dragonites last year so Pholktales will obtain their retain pool. Bandits will obtain the last remaining retain pool of the Snorlaxes.

Primary hosts for RBY PL III will be DYA, Lumii, and roxiee. Player signups are coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)