Lower Tiers RBY Monthly Ladder Achievements (No Current Ladder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:rb/nidoqueen: RBY Monthly Ladder Achievements - September 2023 (PU):rb/fearow:
OP adapted from Teclis
Original OU thread written and maintained by Amaranth

Hello everyone! If you've seen the OU achievement thread, you can guess what this is. It's the same thing, but for lower tier ladders as they happen, starting with September 2023's PU ladder! This first month will be VERY experimental - since PU is a faster and less consistent tier than OU, I'm going with lower metrics this month, but I'll adjust over time as we see how each month goes!

:rb/drowzee: Rules :rb/dragonair:
  1. All battles must take place on the monthly gen1 ladder of choice on Showdown.
  2. Please give proof that you completed the challenge to validate your achievement (mostly, screenshots of the rating reached/you owning the account a la Suspect Test).
  3. You can get several achievements from the same battle/account, and you are generally encourage to post them by batch to avoid flooding the thread if you are chaining them up. I'll like your post once I've taken it into account.
  4. Achievements can be submitted in PM to me if you want the account you used to remain inconspicuous; I will be posting them in the thread (giving your Smogon username) myself. Please only do it as little as possible though; it's less fun.
  5. Past performances will not be counted; any submission needs to be verifiable on the server (by checking at the rank, WL and such) at the moment they are posted. They also must be achieved on accounts created AFTER the monthly ladder goes up.
  6. Anyone who has already reached the top rank in a given challenge may continue to improve their records in order to shoot for the absolute 1st spot, by submitting further evidence as normal. For the top spot, wait for me to verify your claim and I will place you in the top spot if it's above the Earth badge requirements until someone surpasses you.
  7. Naturally, don't try to cheat, i.e by submitting an achievement with an account that's not yours and yours alone. If you are caught doing so, I WILL PERMANENTLY BAN YOU FROM SMOGON. (not really but come on)
  8. Challenges' specifics might be subject to balance changes over time (increasing or lowering their difficulties); if that happens, achievements will be adjusted when possible.

:rb/arcanine: Metrics Challenges :rb/machamp:

Obtain badges!​

Get a certain GXE!*​

Reach a certain elo!​

Achieve a certain win streak!**​
Champion:​
Highest peak GXE at the end of the month​
Highest peak Elo at the end of the month​
Highest win streak at the end of the month​
Earth​
85​
1500​
20​
Volcano​
83​
1475​
19​
Marsh​
80​
1450​
18​
Soul​
78​
1425​
16​
Rainbow​
76​
1400​
14​
Thunder​
74​
1375​
12​
Cascade​
72​
1350​
10​
Boulder​
70​
1325​
8​

* your Glicko's confidence interval (i.e 1886 ± 43) must be below 50 to make sure your GXE is representative enough of your skill.
** I'm only taking X-0 WL records on screenshots, so if you are aiming for this you should reset your count after every loss | do not relaunch a game before I've liked your post (= validated the achievement). or, if you do, don't lose :P

:rb/porygon: Fun Challenges :rb/staryu:

Lucky or good? Try these challenges!*
  • These challenges can be completed in any order. All of them require a particular performance in a single match, which means replays are required to validate them.
  • The opponent beaten must have at least 1300 elo. Your own elo does not matter.
  • The opponent must be using 6 Pokémon in their teams.
  • Forfeits and time-outs will only be counted if the opponent was at an extreme disadvantage/had no chance of winning the match at that point. (Moderators and hosts have complete discretion on this point.)
  • If you aren't able to reveal every Pokemon required for the challenge in your winning replay, do !showteam before saving the replay to prove you were using them. This is also required for challenges requiring lowered stats.
:rb/fearow:
Strike Fear
:rb/rapidash:
High Horsepower
:rb/pinsir:
Unchecked Aggression
:rb/nidoqueen:
Killer Queen
Win a game where your Fearow gets at least 4 KOes with Hyper Beam.​
Win a game in under 20 turns.​
Win a game without using recovery moves (Recover, Rest, etc.)​
Using Nidoqueen, land a KO with four different moves in one game.​

* Replays are required for all games and accounts used for these challenges must be created on or after August 31, 2023. Use !showteam after games if you didn't reveal the requisite Pokemon.

Last edited:

Sabelette

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:rb/nidoqueen: Hall of Fame - September 2023 (PU) :rb/fearow:

Obtain badges!​

Get a certain GXE!​

Reach a certain elo!​

Achieve a certain win streak!​
Champion​
Highest peak GXE at the end of the month​
Highest peak Elo at the end of the month​
Highest win streak at the end of the month​
Earth​
earth.png
Volcano​
volcano.png
Marsh​
marsh.png
Soul​
soul.png
Rainbow​
rainbow.png
Thunder​
thunder.png
Cascade​
cascade.png
Boulder​
boulder.png

:rb/porygon: Fun Challenges :rb/staryu:

:rb/fearow:
Strike Fear
:rb/rapidash:
High Horsepower
:rb/pinsir:
Unchecked Aggression
:rb/nidoqueen:
Killer Queen

Last edited:

Sabelette

Thanks to everyone for participating in the test of this concept! Clearly we will need some sort of reward and maybe slightly lower bars given you only get a month... That said, this was a good learning experience and I'll take it into account for the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)