Other Tiers RBY Little Cup Hub

little_cup_RBY.png

diglett_XD.gif
R
BY Little Cup
eggy_XD.gif

Approved by Amaranth

Little Cup is a well-established format in later generations where the cutest combatants compete at level 5 in a captivating competition! Uniquely, Gen 1 Little Cup allows the use of Pikachu, Clefairy and Jigglypuff, which would later become NFE from Generation 2 onwards. If you're interested in this tier, you can discuss it and find games in the RBY Discord!

Pokemon Eligibility
In order to be used in LC, a Pokemon must comply with the following criteria:
  • The Pokemon must be able to evolve.
  • The Pokemon must be at its earliest evolution stage.
  • The Pokemon must be at level 5.
Clauses
Species Clause - One Pokemon of its species per team.
Tradeback Clause - Moves obtained via the Time Capsule in GSC are banned.
Evasion Clause - Minimize and Double Team are banned.
OHKO Clause - Horn Drill, Guillotine, and Fissure are banned.
Invulnerability Clause - Dig and Fly are banned.
Cleric Clause - Pokemon are healed prior to a battle, so no pre-status, etc.

Mods
These are mods implemented on Pokemon Showdown! for quality of life reasons.
Sleep Clause Mod - Only one Pokemon can be put to sleep by an opponent.
Freeze Clause Mod - Only one Pokemon can be frozen by an opponent.
Desync Clause Mod - Moves that would cause a desync on cartridge fail.

Banned Moves
Dragon Rage:
This move always inflicts 40 damage on the foe. This move is obviously entirely unbalanced in LC, where the only Pokémon who gets anywhere near 40 HP is Jigglypuff, who still gets OHKOed.
Sonic Boom: This move always inflicts 20 damage on the foe. For similar reasons to Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom has no place in the tier. This is due to the move reliably 2HKOing or OHKOing every Pokémon in the metagame barring Gastly and being learned by the fastest Pokémon in Little Cup, Voltorb, allowing it to muscle past would-be checks like Rhyhorn at ~74%.
Wrap: Due to the way damage is calculated at level 5, Wrap was far too much for the tier - notably, AgiliWrap Dratini was able to effortlessly rip apart teams with virtually no counterplay aside from Gastly once it set up with Agility.
Fire Spin: For a very similar reason as Wrap, lead AgiliSpin Ponyta was just way too much for the tier when it was legal. Ponyta has a phenomenal 90 base Speed, only one point slower than the fastest Pokémon in the tier, Diglett and Voltorb. Getting off a Fire Spin allows it to either pivot into a threat for free, or tear through teams virtually unopposed lategame thanks to how damage calculation works with level 5 Pokemon, making partial trapping immensely powerful. Unlike AgiliWrap Dratini, setting up with Ponyta is not quite as easy — now that Tradebacks are no longer played in the tier, Ponyta misses out on Hypnosis which granted it many more setup opportunities and it does not appreciate Diglett and Staryu being on nearly every team. However, even without Hypnosis, the reward for getting off a Fire Spin is just too great for this metagame (and as May mentions in her post here, Ponyta didn’t even have to run Hypnosis when Tradebacks *were* legal). It should be reiterated that Partial Trapping Clause is not in effect for RBY LC — Clamp is still legal as Shellder is the only available user.

Exeggcute's fantastic defensive typing grants it key resistances to three of the most common attacking types in the metagame. Additionally, its great bulk, ability to spread both sleep and paralysis and fire off a hard-hitting Explosion on something troublesome makes it one of the most versatile and necessary Pokemon in the metagame. It is by far the defining support Pokemon of the tier, while also not being a slouch in the offensive department either with its threatening Psychic.
Diglett is the tier's premier wallbreaker, thanks to its sky-high Speed (only tying with Voltorb) and its powerful Earthquake, making it one of the most essential members of any RBY LC team. Its raw power allows it to revenge kill many weakened Pokemon and very few things in the metagame are able to switch into it safely. However, Diglett itself also struggles to switch into many Pokemon due to its lackluster bulk. Once it's on the field, however, Diglett proves to be one of the most threatening Pokemon in the metagame.

Abra
Abra's gargantuan 105 base Special and blazing Speed tier allows it to switch in very easily on special attackers and strike back with a powerful Psychic. Its high Speed and ability to force switches also allows it to spread paralysis effortlessly; Abra's biggest flaw is its middling movepool without Tradebacks.

Compared to its Electric-type competition in Pikachu, Voltorb's movepool leaves a lot to be desired. However, Voltorb is still able to cement itself as one of RBY LC's biggest threats thanks to its blistering 19 Speed (tying only with Diglett) and access to Explosion, allowing it to threaten Pokemon with what will usually result in an OHKO. For example, Diglett is able to reliably OHKO Voltorb with Earthquake, but it may not want to stay in and risk the speed tie because Voltorb is able to remove it in return with Explosion. Reflect allows Voltorb to survive one Earthquake from Diglett if it sets up Reflect on the switch, giving it the opportunity to use Explosion even if it loses the speed tie. Take Down can also be ran to give Voltorb a non-Electric offensive option that won't result in Voltorb fainting.

Ponyta
Ponyta is a solid cleaner in RBY LC that sports great offenses and bulk. Notably, it's able to OHKO Exeggcute with Fire Blast, and can threaten faster Pokemon like Diglett once it sets up an Agility. Without an Agility, Ponyta still sits a fantastic Speed tier and can even spread paralysis with Body Slam.

Staryu
Staryu's great Special, unique access to the coveted Recover and its amazing Speed tier all make for a potent threat in the RBY LC metagame. Staryu is able to threaten almost any switchin thanks to its incredibly versatile movepool; which coverage moves to run on Staryu comes down to what you want it to check.

Gastly
Gastly is immune to Normal-type moves, giving it free switchins into the ever-present Body Slams, Explosions and Quick Attack. It also has access to Hypnosis, rare access to Grass-type coverage, and a fantastic 100 base Special.
Poliwag carves a niche for itself thanks to its great Speed tier, access to Hypnosis, and access to a powerful boosting move in Amnesia. The choice between running Psychic or Blizzard depends on whether you want Poliwag to hit opposing Water-types like Staryu or Exeggcute.
Pikachu's got an amazing Speed tier, spreads paralysis, and unlike its fellow Electric-type competition in Voltorb, isn't walled by Rhyhorn thanks to its access to Surf. It also has access to coveted priority in Quick Attack, allowing it to pick off weakened Diglett / Voltorb.

Rhyhorn's bulk and meaty base 85 Attack certainly makes it worth looking at - however, what really sets Rhyhorn apart is its Rock-typing, which allows it to switch in safely into threats like Voltorb without fearing Explosion, as well as other Normal-type attackers. It also has access to Fire Blast, which 2HKOes Exeggcute.
Rattata has great coverage in Blizzard which is able to 2HKO Exeggcute and access to the coveted Quick Attack to chip faster threats like Abra and Diglett. Body Slam allows it to paralyze potential threats on the switch.
Drowzee's high Special and solid bulk along with a very contested Psychic typing makes it form a fantastic Psychic spam core with Abra. Drowzee is also able to spread both paralysis and sleep, which is a rare trait in RBY LC.

Unlike its fellow Amnesia sweeper in Poliwag, Slowpoke carves a niche for itself thanks to its fantastic bulk which notably turns Diglett's powerful Earthquake into a measly 3HKO. Slowpoke can also spread paralysis, which is an important factor to being able to pull off a lategame sweep with it.

Pidgey
Another Route 1 Pokemon that has a surprisingly solid niche in the metagame! Pidgey's unique in that it's a Quick Attacker with a Ground immunity — it has many opportunities to switch in thanks to the abundance of Diglett in the metagame, whom it can switch in on and likely 2HKO with Double-Edge into Quick Attack. It can also 3HKO Exeggcute with Wing Attack, or OHKO it with Sky Attack. And, though much more niche, its access to its signature Mirror Move means that it can copy the Earthquakes it often switches into.

RBY LC was originally played with Tradebacks - in fact, the sample teams on-site are intended for a Tradebacks meta! This was because it was deemed that in RBY, movesets of Pokemon at level 5 were just so pathetically small that a metagame wouldn't be all that interesting with level-up moves excluded. Other RBY metagames aren't played with Tradebacks, so RBY LC was always just a bizarre exception to RBY tiering - banning Tradeback moves while also forcing Pokemon to have level 5 learnsets would also unnecessarily nerf mons like Exeggcute or Doduo! However, there is a solution - level looping in RBY LC allows Pokemon to reach level 101, before looping back to level 0. Then, you can use Rare Candies to level the Pokemon up to level 5, and boom! All of their level up moves are retained! The only caveat to this decision is that level looping, while replicable on cartridge, requires the use of Arbitrary Code Execution, which is typically frowned upon when it comes to tiering decisions, but Little Cup was already played with a similar ruleset on RBY 2k10 before the full extent of ACE was even discovered. I feel as though adapting a metagame that makes use of modern mechanics not available at the time of RBY forces us to get a bit more creative with rulesets, and doing it this way is healthy for the development of the metagame.
This also allows Clefairy to be used in LC, since, tragically, it can only be obtained at level 6 minimum in both RBY and GSC.

Last edited:
First off, not a big RBY dude so if I’m missing something obvious to others here, my mistake. Second off, I see you’re reserving posts, so if you need more space later, I’m happy to nuke this one later on

Staryu's access to Recover, amazing Speed tier and its vast Special movepool, along with its ability to spread paralysis makes it debatably the best and most versatile Water-type in the tier.
Staryu shouldn’t have access to recover at level 5, even if tradebacks are allowed. It’s a genderless Pokémon, so it can’t pass back level up attacks since it needs two parents with the move and one of its parents has to be Ditto.

Outside of that, aren’t a vast majority of level up attacks made completely illegal by the tradebacks clause? Things like Amnesia Poliwag are also just completely inaccessible at level 5 by nature of it being an RBY only level up move you can’t pass down to a level 5 Pokémon through breeding. If the rule set has some sort of rule that allows level up moves the Pokémon learns in RBY that can only be obtained from breeding in Gen 2, it might be a good clause to add to the rules or just info for somewhere in the OP.

Edit: Thanks for the explanation May! I think Recover Staryu and Amnesia Poliwag are still outliers though so I’ll leave them mentioned in this post, unless I’m also missing something there.

Edit 2: Thanks for the extra clarification meepbard!

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
If the rule set has some sort of rule that allows level up moves the Pokémon learns in RBY that can only be obtained from breeding in Gen 2, it might be a good clause to add to the rules or just info for somewhere in the OP.
Tradeback Clause only bans Tradeback Moves from GSC, so if the L5 Pokémon has access to moves from RBY in GSC, it can be traded down, if that makes sense. This means most level-up moves are available, only a few outliers like Leer Charmander.

First off, not a big RBY dude so if I’m missing something obvious to others here, my mistake. Second off, I see you’re reserving posts, so if you need more space later, I’m happy to nuke this one later on

Staryu shouldn’t have access to recover at level 5, even if tradebacks are allowed. It’s a genderless Pokémon, so it can’t pass back level up attacks since it needs two parents with the move and one of its parents has to be Ditto.

Outside of that, aren’t a vast majority of level up attacks made completely illegal by the tradebacks clause? Things like Amnesia Poliwag are also just completely inaccessible at level 5 by nature of it being an RBY only level up move you can’t pass down to a level 5 Pokémon through breeding. If the rule set has some sort of rule that allows level up moves the Pokémon learns in RBY that can only be obtained from breeding in Gen 2, it might be a good clause to add to the rules or just info for somewhere in the OP.

Edit: Thanks for the explanation May! I think Recover Staryu and Amnesia Poliwag are still outliers though so I’ll leave them mentioned in this post, unless I’m also missing something there.
Just added the explanation into the OP! RBY LC makes use of the level loop glitch, a glitch where you get a mon up to level 255 and loop it back to level 0, allowing it to retain level up moves at level 5.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Just added the explanation into the OP! RBY LC makes use of the level loop glitch, a glitch where you get a mon up to level 255 and loop it back to level 0, allowing it to retain level up moves at level 5.
Out of curiosity, what method is being used to access level looping? As far as I know, your only choices here are to use either arbitrary code execution or to use the Pokemon merge glitch to have a Pokemon go from any level at or below 100 to over 100, which is necessary to actually do the loop. Either is slightly concerning to have legalized in any fashion, arbitrary code execution for hopefully obvious reasons and the merge glitch for giving access to basically every move just as a side effect (mimic glitch on steroids).

I could certainly be missing something since RBY has way more glitches than I'm probably aware of, but I was fairly sure that you weren't using the old man glitch since I don't believe you can actually obtain certain Pokemon (like Clefairy) through that glitch, and I think it also means you only have access to the last 4 level up moves a Pokemon learns (as well as any it gets prior to Level 5 of course after you loop) which would cut out Recover Staryu in particular.

Reactions: erz

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Out of curiosity, what method is being used to access level looping? As far as I know, your only choices here are to use either arbitrary code execution or to use the Pokemon merge glitch to have a Pokemon go from any level at or below 100 to over 100, which is necessary to actually do the loop. Either is slightly concerning to have legalized in any fashion, arbitrary code execution for hopefully obvious reasons and the merge glitch for giving access to basically every move just as a side effect (mimic glitch on steroids).

I could certainly be missing something since RBY has way more glitches than I'm probably aware of, but I was fairly sure that you weren't using the old man glitch since I don't believe you can actually obtain certain Pokemon (like Clefairy) through that glitch, and I think it also means you only have access to the last 4 level up moves a Pokemon learns (as well as any it gets prior to Level 5 of course after you loop) which would cut out Recover Staryu in particular.
If we want to allow level looping and such for every move in the learnset, I can see valid arguments. Both methods are ways to obtain moves in the level up learnset, but why immediately go down to slope of allowing what's outside of the defined learnset? The ends justify the means to me, especially considering methods like the Pomeg glitch have historically been used to allow things in other LCs without causing any power imbalances.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
If we want to allow level looping and such for every move in the learnset, I can see valid arguments. Both methods are ways to obtain moves in the level up learnset, but why immediately go down to slope of allowing what's outside of the defined learnset? The ends justify the means to me, especially considering methods like the Pomeg glitch have historically been used to allow things in other LCs without causing any power imbalances.
It's more a question of "how is this possible on cart?" than anything. The Pomeg Glitch has been allowed largely because it didn't have any broken competitive implications (if you do the subglitch of a subglitch of the Pomeg Glitch in Glitzer Popping then you get into the 'hey this is pretty gamebreaking' territory), but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

To elaborate on what the issue is, level looping can only be done if you use rare candies on a Pokemon that is already over Level 100. Simple enough. The problem is obtaining that Level 101+ Pokemon. To get a Pokemon that is at or below Level 100 to be over Level 100 requires that you use arbitrary code execution (in which case why are you even bothering with the Level Loop glitch? just make it level 5 directly and call it a day) or that you use the merge glitch.

The merge glitch is. complicated. It can be used to go over Level 100, but only under certain circumstances, the most problematic of which being that the intended final result Pokemon has to require less experience to reach Level 100 than the other half of your merge. This means that all Pokemon in the Slow experience group (which includes Staryu) cannot use the merge glitch to get over Level 100. (AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND IT PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I HAVE THIS BACKWARDS SOMEHOW)

I don't really have a horse in this race, so if the final decision is that you can use ACE to get access to a Pokemon's entire level up moveset then sure, go for it. Don't bother with level looping though, just get the desired moves and set the mon to Level 5 - makes it much cleaner to understand.

It's more a question of "how is this possible on cart?" than anything. The Pomeg Glitch has been allowed largely because it didn't have any broken competitive implications (if you do the subglitch of a subglitch of the Pomeg Glitch in Glitzer Popping then you get into the 'hey this is pretty gamebreaking' territory), but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

To elaborate on what the issue is, level looping can only be done if you use rare candies on a Pokemon that is already over Level 100. Simple enough. The problem is obtaining that Level 101+ Pokemon. To get a Pokemon that is at or below Level 100 to be over Level 100 requires that you use arbitrary code execution (in which case why are you even bothering with the Level Loop glitch? just make it level 5 directly and call it a day) or that you use the merge glitch.

The merge glitch is. complicated. It can be used to go over Level 100, but only under certain circumstances, the most problematic of which being that the intended final result Pokemon has to require less experience to reach Level 100 than the other half of your merge. This means that all Pokemon in the Slow experience group (which includes Staryu) cannot use the merge glitch to get over Level 100. (AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND IT PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I HAVE THIS BACKWARDS SOMEHOW)

I don't really have a horse in this race, so if the final decision is that you can use ACE to get access to a Pokemon's entire level up moveset then sure, go for it. Don't bother with level looping though, just get the desired moves and set the mon to Level 5 - makes it much cleaner to understand.
Very much appreciate the insight here - it's great to have an LC player give their input :) I would actually like some discussion on this since Gen 1 LC is infamously known for struggling with this exact problem for years I swear to god this meta is cursed by some forest witch to arise once every 5 years and then struggle to get a concrete ruleset going that everyone agrees with.

The way I see it, we have 3 options here:

1. Allow Tradeback moves (ex. Lovely Kiss Poliwag, Ice Punch Abra) in RBY LC.
2. Allow level-up moves that have been bred down in GSC.
This notably prevents Staryu from getting Recover, and I'm sure there's a bunch of other weird move legality issues that arise with this method.
3. Allow ACE to allow level 5 Pokemon to learn level-up moves.

My personal take is that Tradebacks are dumb considering no other RBY meta allows Tradebacks, I just don't see the need for LC to be bizarrely exempt from this. I'm personally leaning towards 3 here - I'm aware that many RBYers are not particularly fond of ACE because there's the ever-present slippery slope argument that if we allow ACE then we also allow Spore Alakazam since that's also legal via ACE but I do think that giving mons moves that they can learn at a later level isn't exactly the same as Hackmons, and I feel like if ACE is discredited for RBY LC then we should really look into why stuff like Pomeg isn't (though that's a bit outside the scope of this thread).

I would really like some discussion on this topic since I do find it interesting and also since it's a point of contention that's come up every time a thread on RBY LC is created and then the meta just sorta sucks for a good while before dying off.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
3. Allow ACE to allow level 5 Pokemon to learn level-up moves.
I will point out that this is what RBY 2k10 effectively did before ACE was fully discovered, and it was actually played. The closest you can get "legally" is the Tradeback Clause "loophole" method I thought up before. If you want that on the table, I don't think people will actually oppose it once you realise the slippery slope is fallacious.

The core problem RBY LC has is that the builder on PS complicates things a lot. There's a lot of moves you can click that aren't legal, and the second someone gets that issue, they're going to give up. Tradebacks OU has had this issue for ages and the second PS made the builder work, people started trying it. This is partly why Illegal DVs weren't enforced post-discovery and simply had Tradeback Clause errata'd: people don't want to deal with it and want a clean solution that allows the Pokemon to be used to their full potential.

It seems fairly straightforward. It makes the metagame realistic on cart in a way that resembles future generations. LC was never truly an RBY thing and trying to make it such legally is going to be met with problems like this no matter how you slice it. ACE is a clean, fast way to force it to work, and it would make it the most accessible it can be.

You get the meta people actually played back, it's replicable on cartridge, and it works. Seems straightforward.

Clefairy, despite being LC eligible in RBY, is listed as NFE in the teambuilder
currently not battle-relevant due to rby lc having to be played in another tiers format but figured i'd let you know

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Clefairy, despite being LC eligible in RBY, is listed as NFE in the teambuilder
currently not battle-relevant due to rby lc having to be played in another tiers format but figured i'd let you know
This is actually correct, Clefairy is unavailable in both RBY and GSC at Level 5 (Level 6 is the lowest you can get one legally) so it's not eligible for LC.

EDIT: To clarify, the lowest level wild Clefairy you can encounter is Level 6, and breeding in GSC gets you a Level 5 Cleffa, which you need to evolve via friendship IIRC to get Clefairy, meaning the lowest one you can get that way is also Level 6

This is actually correct, Clefairy is unavailable in both RBY and GSC at Level 5 (Level 6 is the lowest you can get one legally) so it's not eligible for LC.

EDIT: To clarify, the lowest level wild Clefairy you can encounter is Level 6, and breeding in GSC gets you a Level 5 Cleffa, which you need to evolve via friendship IIRC to get Clefairy, meaning the lowest one you can get that way is also Level 6
RBY LC inherently works with levellooping which is discussed in nearly all posts itt, Clefairy being part of the tier is also mentioned within the first 2 sentences of the OP. Here's MeepBard's paragraph about it from the OP
Level Looping
RBY LC was originally played with Tradebacks - in fact, the sample teams on-site are intended for a Tradebacks meta! This was because it was deemed that in RBY, movesets of Pokemon at level 5 were just so pathetically small that a metagame wouldn't be all that interesting with level-up moves excluded. However, other RBY metagames aren't played with Tradebacks, so RBY LC was always just a bizarre exception to RBY tiering - banning Tradeback moves would also unnecessarily nerf mons like Exeggcute or Doduo! However, there is a solution - level looping in RBY LC allows Pokemon to reach level 255, before looping back to level 0. Then, you can use Rare Candies to level the Pokemon up to level 5, and boom! All of their level up moves are retained!

This also allows Clefairy to be used in LC, since, quite tragically, it can only be obtained at level 6 in both RBY and GSC. This isn't the first time glitches have been granted an exception in LC either - ADV and DPP LC both allow the use of the Pomeg Glitch to teach level up moves to genderless Pokemon, most notably Hydro Pump on Staryu and Tri Attack on Porygon.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
An RBY LC channel was added to the RBY server today, so in my infinite wisdom, I decided to "solve" Rattata's set.

For this, I did this spreadsheet.

Notable information;
  • Bubble Beam isn't very useful. It doesn't OHKO Rhyhorn consistently (though it does for Geodude), while Blizzard deals massive damage to them and KOs after Super Fang. No Fire-type is massively impacted by it, Body Slam does comparable (or even higher) damage. This particularly applies against Ponyta.
  • Blizzard covers the Grass-types and fliers, the latter of which is notable as Doduo and Pidgey appear to be quite strong, and beat over the Ground-types better than Bubble Beam does. Cubone and Sandshrew are valid in the format.
  • Thunderbolt should be carried for beating over Omanyte, Slowpoke, and Psyduck.
As for what the coverage actually lets you 2HKO guaranteed post-Super Fang...
Blizzard: :bellsprout::bulbasaur::cubone::diglett::doduo::dratini::geodude::oddish::paras::pidgey::rhyhorn::sandshrew::spearow::zubat:
Thunderbolt: :doduo::goldeen::kabuto::krabby::magikarp::omanyte::pidgey::poliwag::psyduck::shellder::slowpoke::spearow::squirtle::staryu::zubat:
Don't Thunderbolt vs Tentacool, Body Slam does more damage.

So your set, while it's probably obvious, should be;
Rattata
Level: 5
- Super Fang
- Body Slam
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt

--

Using the old recovered resource made by t3h Icy, I extracted the Speed Tiers he did for this metagame. You can find the uploaded and preserved document here. There are also a lot of details in this old thread.

PokemonSpeed
:voltorb:Voltorb19
:diglett:Diglett19
:ponyta:Ponyta18
:staryu:Staryu18
:meowth:Meowth18
:poliwag:Poliwag18
:pikachu:Pikachu18
:abra:Abra18
:magikarp:Magikarp17
:doduo:Doduo17
:gastly:Gastly17
:mankey:Mankey16
:rattata:Rattata16
:charmander:Charmander16
:vulpix:Vulpix16
:tentacool:Tentacool16
:spearow:Spearow16
:kabuto:Kabuto15
:horsea:Horsea15
:goldeen:Goldeen15
:growlithe:Growlithe15
:eevee:Eevee15
:ekans:Ekans15
:psyduck:Psyduck15
:pidgey:Pidgey15
:zubat:Zubat15
:krabby:Krabby14
:magnemite:Magnemite14
:seel:Seel14
:dratini:Dratini14
:venonat:Venonat14
:bulbasaur:Bulbasaur14
:nidoran-m:Nidoran M14
:caterpie:Caterpie14
:weedle:Weedle14
:koffing:Koffing13
:shellder:Shellder13
:cubone:Cubone13
:omanyte:Omanyte13
:sandshrew:Sandshrew13
:exeggcute:Exeggcute13
:squirtle:Squirtle13
:machop:Machop13
:clefairy:Clefairy13
:nidoran-f:Nidoran F13
:drowzee:Drowzee13
:bellsprout:Bellsprout13
:rhyhorn:Rhyhorn12
:paras:Paras12
:oddish:Oddish12
:grimer:Grimer12
:geodude:Geodude11
:slowpoke:Slowpoke11
:jigglypuff:Jigglypuff11

Does anyone have recommendations for my oddish I really would love for some move set pointers I would like to use worry seed pls dont judge

Reactions: Teh

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
Does anyone have recommendations for my oddish I really would love for some move set pointers I would like to use worry seed pls dont judge
Unfortunately Oddish doesn't learn Worry Seed in Pokémon Red, Blue, or Yellow. But if you were to use it, I would recommend this moveset:

Oddish
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Mega Drain / Swords Dance
- Double-Edge

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone want battle gen 8 lc?
This is the RBY forum, which is Gen 1. If you're looking for Gen 8 battles, the Ruins of Alph room on Pokemon Showdown is generally a good place. Also, there's a Discord for Sword/Shield (Gen 8) that you can join here where you can chat and look for battles too.

Quick personal VR now that I have lost the tour in Semis:

S rank.

1. :exeggcute:
2. :diglett:

A rank. (Rest will be unordered).

:voltorb:
:abra:
:ponyta:
:staryu:
:slowpoke:
:drowzee:
:poliwag:

B rank.

:pikachu:
:rhyhorn:
:omanyte:
:clefairy:
:doduo:
:bulbasaur:
:gastly:
:meowth:

C rank.

:krabby:
:rattata:
:dratini:
:bellsprout:
:tentacool:
:geodude:
:mankey:
:eevee:
:pidgey:
:kabuto:

D rank.

:machop:
:koffing:
:grimer:
:paras:
:spearow:
:vulpix:
:psyduck:
:cubone:
:sandshrew:
:charmander:
:shellder:

E rank.

:seel:
:horsea:
:goldeen:
:jigglypuff:
:growlithe:
:magnemite:
:zubat:
:venonat:
:ekans:
:squirtle:

Unviable rank.
:caterpie:
:weedle:
:magikarp:
:nidoran_m:
:nidoran_f:
:oddish:

Can justify weird placements if needed. Haven,t used every single Mon but built with a lot of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)