Announcement RBY Happenings Thread

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
aerodactyl.png
dewgong.png
The new RBY UU Viability Rankings have been released, this time using vapicuno's method that we normally use for OU! Notably, Aerodactyl and Dewgong have actually risen to UU through this revision. The votes also introduced an E Rank featuring Arbok, Magneton, and Scyther.

The tier shift has been implemented on PS and will be live on the next hotpatch.

--

Additionally, Stadium OU analyses for Rhydon, Golem, and Exeggutor have been released over the past few days. More to come here, watch this space!

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
After discussion with C&C Leadership and in response to the recent survey, Past Gens C&C is extending OM support a bit. Leading this is RBY, with the following formats now having ruleset pages on the Strategy Dex created within the past week or so;
All of these have some form of discussion thread or are to get one in the near-future.

This aims to (kind of) modernize the old dexes that began prior to OMs being included, which also solves a community issue with having cohesive places to actually view all the rulesets. To my knowledge, this was the closest we got. The addition of these formats also aims to make some RoA Tour Nights more accessible, which have had complaints about a lack of resources on occasion.

Sample Sets are not guaranteed for any format, but there are bound to be some budding contributors out there; the RBY Discord is the best place to go if you're interested in any of this. Currently, people have shown interest in STABmons and 1v1, and there is some of mine and Beelzemon 2003's old content to transfer for the Stadium Cups.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Sample Sets are not guaranteed for any format, but there are bound to be some budding contributors out there; the RBY Discord is the best place to go if you're interested in any of this. Currently, people have shown interest in STABmons and 1v1, and there is some of mine and Beelzemon 2003's old content to transfer for the Stadium Cups.
Been chipping away at this all day with this since posting; there's around 3 years worth of documentation that I have to go through, primarily Beelzemon's content. I believe I've written in around 150 sample set entries so far.

I can confirm that so far, Petit Cup, LC Level 100, Pika Cup, Middle Cup, and Monotype have sample sets. Still waiting on some loose ends in regards to STABmons, 1v1, NFE, and more Monotype content, all of which have some support from their respective subforums. Tomorrow I'll likely work on Nintendo Cup 1999, which I did a large spreadsheet for a long time ago.

Expect the Pokemon pages to resemble more modern generations once this whole thing is over. This is a golden opportunity to have a lot of old OM content in a stable, sustainable place. This past year has really been a big area of development.

If anyone has any questions or contributions to make, by all means message me.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
For those interested in Stadium OU and Tradebacks OU, some big things have gone live on PS just now! Thanks to Kris for working on these, it's simply amazing.

Firstly, Stadium OU tiers are now implemented, using Lutra's latest VR as a metric; E-Rank is the cutoff. Generally, it's just way easier to see what people think is good in the metagame now. This should also make running Room Tours playing around with Stadium tiers a bit easier, as you can ban the StOU mons as they are rather than use a lengthy banlist. If you've ever been curious about a hypothetical Stadium UU, now is a better time than any to give it a look.
1632063040292.png

Also, Tradeback moves are finally represented in the Tradebacks OU teambuilder specifically, which previously required you to basically have a guide out while building. It has never been easier to access this metagame! Check out that Amnesia + Hypnosis Persian, eh? There's a Spotlight Ladder still ongoing now...if it strikes your fancy, get cracking!
1632062804231.png

Also, fun is infinite!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)