Tournaments RBY Grand Slam I - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This post modeled after Finchinator's Smogon Grand Slam posts. Thanks!

:mewtwo: :tentacruel: :mr. mime: :snorlax: :persian:

Welcome to the inaugural RBY Grand Slam! The Ubers, UU, NU, Stadium, and Tradebacks Opens will be live for the first time in the competition for the coveted title of the first ever RBY Grand Slam Champion!

The format consists of five separate tournaments: The RBY Ubers Open, The RBY UU Open, The RBY NU Open, The RBY Stadium Open, and the RBY Tradebacks Open. Depending on your performance in each Open, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour, Smogon Classic and previous years of Smogon Grand Slam (see this for further explanation). When all the Opens have been finished, the eight players with the most points will qualify for playoffs. There, the battlers will duke it out in a single elimination best-of-five series until there is one RBY Grand Slam champion.

Signups for each Open will be posted after the first round of the previous Open is completed. Here is the list of the three (five) Opens and the dates each signups will be posted:
  • The RBY Ubers Open - Hosted by Ctown6 - June 12th
  • The RBY UU Open - Hosted by phoopes - June 19th
  • The RBY NU Open - Hosted by ForgottenOnes - June 26th
  • The RBY Stadium Open - Hosted by Torchic - July 3rd
  • The RBY Tradebacks Open - Hosted by Heika - July 10th
If a tier shift happens to occur during a round, it will not be taken into account until the following round. Please also keep in mind that this tournament is entirely RBY and does not include metagames from future generations.

6/27 EDIT: Due to an oversight, I realize that I didn't say replays are required. Replays are now required for all matches.

Be sure to join the RBY Discord if you have any questions or wish to ask a host about a decision. The spreadsheet will be run by me, and I'll have a link to it in this post once it's ready.

The spreadsheet for this tournament can be seen here (when it's up)!

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD WITH "IN", POST IN THE TOURNAMENT THREADS WHEN THEY GO UP TO JOIN THE TOUR!

Good luck and have fun!​

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The spreadsheet for the tournament is here! And fully updated as of the time of this post! Wow! It's about time!

Here it is (also linked in the OP of this thread)
alright so it turns out I screwed up how points are given out the first time around lol so I updated the sheet with the actual correct points this time (as well as fixing a few small errors that I found too oops)

please double check me on everything on the sheet because I'm prone to errors! contact me here or on Discord @phoopes#0001 to let me know if I did anything wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)