RBY Cup VIII - Finals [Won by shiloh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion

Art by MiniArchitect
Rules & Tournament Format

General Tournament Rules

• This is a standard RBY OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Replays will not be required until Quarterfinals.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a Tournament Director. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the RBY OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
  • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
    • Signing up with more than one account
    • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what plays to make)
    • Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for Smogon likes)
  • Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Standard Clauses / Mods
    • Desync Clause Mod: Desyncs changed to move failure.
    • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
    • Freeze Clause Mod: Limit one foe frozen
    • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
    • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
    • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
    • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
    • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Banned Moves
    • Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize
  • Banned Pokemon
    • Mew, Mewtwo
Prize

This tournament will award points towards Smogon Classic VIII
as well as the 2022 RBY OU Circuit, which awards a ribbon to the winner of the entire circuit. If you win the Cup itself, you also get a spot in the RBY Hall of Fame! There will also be special role given to you in the RBY Discord Server.

Resources

RBY OU Discord
RBY OU Forum
RBY Resource Hub
Mechanics Guide
RBY Speed Guide
RBY OU Sample Teams
RBY OU Viability Rankings

Round 8

shiloh vs chuva de perereca
shiloh vs LNumbers
chuva de perereca vs LNumbers

Please read this guide if you're unsure how to schedule with your opponent! Alternatively, watch this video made by teal6:

Round 8 will end Sunday October 2nd at 9:00 PM GMT-4.
Round 7 extensions will end Sunday September 25th at 9:00 PM GMT-4.

Replays are now required for all matches.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me on Discord or through Smogon PM/VM.

Have fun :heart:

Last edited:

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
can u guys hurry the fuck up? be more like shiloh - not like any of u ever prep for rby anyways.

if u cant just dc lnumbers cuz he seems to hold up any round OR award the win to whoever ensures that 18 pts doesn't make it so we don't lose another week to a 5 man tiebreak....

just checked and my God this cudve been done on Saturday since apparently everyone here played rbypl then anyways (even at almost the same time ffs - all posted in a 2 hour timeframe). pathetic.

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
won vs clark as well, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ou-651668
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ou-651673
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ou-651674

thanks a ton to Mako bc we've played hundreds of rby games going back 2 years, if not thousands. you had a ton of great ideas, and whenever i need an rby game i knew i could ask you. hope u sign up for spl again, bc ur gonna kill it. Amaranth for being my rby daddy, basically taught me the tier and will always give advice whenever i pm him, def wouldnt have picked up the tier if not for him. fuck etern.

def never saw myself here when i picked up the tier in wcop 2019, this tiers a ton of fun even if it can be infuriating at times.

LNumbers

When it's all been said and done, I'm still my #1
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
grats shiloh, ggs

wanted to thank everyone who helped me learn rby in the past weeks, you guys know who you are. Even though you don't wanna take the credit, I wouldn't have been able to get this far without you, so truly thanks for everything! I only started playing rby for this cup and never would have imagined liking the tier as much as I do now. It can be tilting at times, but that's just the game in general. I do think there's more to rby than people make it seem like most of the time. You can get far by just using solid teams and playing accurately. Anyway, I've already set my goals and I will keep pushing forward in the following weeks to get to where I want in this tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)