Pet Mod RBY CAP (CAP 3 - Competitive Learnset)

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright, pretty clear win for Gravity Monkey!

CAP 2 - Remaining Flavor
This is the final slate of RBY CAP 2! This will include weight, height, unimportant moves, and tradebacks moves. The only real important thing to this is that the unimportant moves CANNOT include any moves that will see regular play - don't give the Pokemon any new, amazing options that it doesn't have otherwise. Other than that, as usual, you have until Saturday!

Dracolilla
DracollilaCropped.png

Height: 5.5 feet or 1.7 m
Weight: 4.4 pounds or 2kg

For Tradebacks, assume the only TM it gains is Headbutt and that it's
in the Mineral Egg Group.

Level-Up Moves
Starting Moves:
Vise Grip, Confuse Ray, Disable, Defense Curl

Earlygame Moves:
Level 10: Sand Attack
Level 13: Twineedle
Level 17: Razor Leaf
Level 22: Double Kick
Level 24: Gust
Level 26: Leech Life

Midgame Moves:
Level 28: Wing Attack
Level 30: Agility
Level 32: Fury Swipes,
Level 34: Haze
Level 36: Harden,
Level 38: Jump Kick,

Lategame Moves:
Level 40: Hi Jump Kick
Level 46: Explosion
Level 50: Guillotine
Level 56: Screech
Level 60: Meditate

TM/HM Moves
(Moves with TM/HM in Blue are mandatory to all mons.)

TM02: Razor Wind
TM04: Whirlwind
TM05: Mega Kick
TM06: Toxic
TM09: Take Down
TM10: Double-Edge

TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Submission
TM20: Rage

TM24: Thunderbolt
TM29: Psychic

TM30: Teleport

TM31: Mimic
TM32: Double Team
TM34: Bide
TM35: Metronome
TM36: Self-Destruct

TM47: Explosion
TM43: Sky Attack
TM44: Rest
TM46: Psywave

TM50: Substitute

HM01: Cut
HM02: Fly
HM04: Strenght

Event Moves
The following moves were distributed in events, be it at Toys-R-Us, Gamestop or other
miscelanious locations and events. Thus, these four moves are excluse to one another
and cannot be used in the same set.
-> Thunder Wave
-> Focus Energy
-> Conversion
-> Recover

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
The best phase!

Height: 3'05'' (About as big as Wartortle)
Weight: 60.0lbs (Similar to Butterfree, but lighter)

Moves highlighted Yellow are already locked in and are solely there to make this look more cohesive.
Moves highlighted Blue are mandatory TMs.
Moves struck through are banned and exist for realism.

Level-Up Moves:
Recover - L1
Leech Life - L1
Screech - L1
Jump Kick - L1
Twineedle - L38
Agility - L41
Pin Missile - L45
Razor Leaf - L48
Hi Jump Kick - L55
  • ClairDeLuna's submission made this difficult to work with. There isn't a Pokemon with a remotely similar learnset here, I think only the Punch Yokai (Magmar, Electabuzz, Jynx) really compare. I used that and Beedrill for guidance.
  • I went with the idea of this being a late-game Pokemon given the design specification, which is something done with the Punch Yokai and Mewtwo. Thus, like them, the learnset has a massive gap between starting moves and what it comes with. The idea for the initial learnset is it panicking and trying to kick the player's party away from its nest, which I think is a nice touch. My mind has me placing this on the Victory Road trail, Route 23, at L38-41.
  • Totals to 9, which is average for the generation.
  • Recover is set up to be incompatible with Thunder Wave.

TM Moves:
Mega Punch - TM01, learned by Hitmonlee and other Pokemon that get Fighting-type moves.
Razor Wind - TM02, learned by many Pokemon with wings.
Whirlwind - TM04
Mega Kick - TM05
Toxic - TM06
Take Down - TM09, most Pokemon learn this.
Double-Edge - TM10, learned by many Pokemon, extremely few exceptions, shouldn't break the world apart
Hyper Beam - TM15, learned by every fully-evolved Pokemon except the dogshit ones
Rage - TM20
Mega Drain - TM21, learned by most Leech Life learners
Solar Beam - TM22, learned by most Pokemon that get Mega Drain
Dragon Rage - TM23
Thunderbolt - TM24
Thunder - TM25
Psychic - TM29
Teleport - TM30
Mimic - TM31
Double Team - TM32
Bide - TM34
Self-Destruct - TM37
Swift - TM39, widespread generic move which seems to fit this theme anyway
Rest - TM44, learned by every Pokemon
Psywave - TM46
Explosion - TM47
Substitute - TM50, learned by every Pokemon
Flash - HM05

Total: 27, which is quite high, but the same amount as Dragonite. The way the concept learnset was submitted meant there were a lot of moves it "had" to get to be consistent with the generation's habits, eg. Psychic learners must get Teleport and Psywave as well.

Stadium Event:
Thunder Wave
- Some mythical fantasy land where it's obtained with an L40 Dracolilla, which has Thunder Wave replacing Recover. This would satisfy the learnset incompatability demand set by ClairDeLune's submission. Moveset would be Thunder Wave / Leech Life / Screech / Jump Kick. There are no move relearners in Gen 1 and it'd be at too high a level to go back and learn it. However, Stadium 2 would fix this, meaning Tradebacks would allow the combination to work, which frankly seems fair anyway.

Tradeback Moves:
Headbutt - TM02, learned by a vast majority of Pokemon
Roar - TM05, most sound-based move learners get this, does nothing.
Ice Punch - TM33, learned by most Pokemon with arms.
Defence Curl - TM40, seems appropriate for a moth-like creature like this.
Thunder Punch - TM41
Fire Punch - TM48
Psybeam - Egg Move involving Paras
Counter - Egg Move involving Paras
Haze - Egg Move involving Dratini
Supersonic - Egg Move involving Dratini

Total: 10. Could add more.
Presuming the Egg Groups are Bug and Dragon.

--

Total learnset is 36, 2 more move than Dragonite in total. That's 46 with Tradebacks.

As mentioned before, this Pokemon was difficult to work with realism-wise because of the way the moveset submission operated. However, I think what dropped ended up looking ok despite being at least slightly bloated. For the Jump Kick line of moves, I looked at some of the beta learnsets, which distributed the moves in a rather widespread manner.

Last edited:

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
1653730456060.png

Height - 4'01"
Weight - 72 LBS / 32.7 KG

Level Up Moves
Leech Life - L1
Tackle - L1
Confuse Ray - L1
Agility - L4
Vise Grip - L7
Disable - L10
Razor Leaf - L18
Double Kick - L23
Twineedle - L30
Jump Kick - L34

Pin Missile - L38
Hi Jump Kick - L44

TMs and HMs
TM01 - Mega Punch
TM02 - Razor Wind
TM04 - Whirlwind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Double Edge
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Submission
TM20 - Rage
TM21 - Mega Drain
TM23 - Dragon Rage
TM39 - Swift
TM44 - Rest
TM47 - Explosion

HM01 - Cut

Tradeback / Event Moves

Tradebacks

Solar Beam - TM22
Ice Punch - TM33
Thunder Punch - TM41

Events (Must be mutually exclusive with one another)
Counter
Thunder Wave
Recover​

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
First off, I'd like to say that Enigami has left the council, and it wasn't mentioned in this thread but pac is taking a break from social media until around September. Thank you both for your contributions to this project!

On a bit of a happier note, we are going to have a playtesting tournament on Sunday the 5th at 1 PM GMT-4! If you'd like to participate, make sure you join the Showdown server linked here at that time. Whether or not it's round robin or single elimination will depend on how many people sign up. Be sure to make it out if you can!

DuoM2

whao
The tour has concluded! It ended up being round robin because of there being 3 participants, congrats to analysis geek for winning! Below are some replays feat. confusion in the chat about the 1/256 message being different...

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen1rbycap-37
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen1rbycap-38
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen1rbycap-39

Slates will return soon.
Some notes from having played here; note me and my opponets were new to RBY OU so take this all with a grain of salt.
-> Dracolilla seemed to do both a ton and very little at the same time? Its damage with Hi Jump Kick was smaller than I thought it'd be while Twineedle was pretty meh outside of hitting Excggutor.
-> Fblast Tauros, on top of helping on the ditto also deals a substatial amount of damage to Lagosnow. That's something to consider.
-> Gengar outspeeds both Draco and Lago and threatens sleep. No idea how much that matters but could be interesting if Fblast Tauros does pick up usage as EQ Tauros (who doesn't hit well Lago or Lilla) could fall off.
-> Egg gets outspeed and hit super 2x or 4x super effective. Can we get an F for Eggxecutor?

Overall can't wait to see where this tier goes next; maybe a new lead mon for CAP3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)