Rate please, my team needs help ;_;

So I made a team...it mainly revolves around victini and ninjask. It got me really easy wins in pokemon showdown until I started going against better people and this team struggles quite a bit. Here is my team.

Victini @ Focus Sash
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- V-create
- Brick Break

Like I said, this team is really about Victini. I considered getting blue flare and fusion bolt trying to get that double damage off at times, but I figured I'd rather take full advantage of ev's and just focus it on the physical attack. Really, what I do is I get some passes from ninjask and wipe (hopefully) the opponents team with it.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Ninjask is pretty straight forward. Just spam substitute+protect, get the speed buff on him, and whenever the opponent uses a turn to buff himself, use status moves, or switch pokemon and let me keep my substitute, I sword dance to give even more buff to victini, or just baton pass the substitute so victini has 1 more turn to live along with the focus sash if enemy uses hydro pump or such.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Alakazam really is just there... to deal some special attack damage, or revenge kill. If enemy takes out bulky attacker pokemon and i'm afraid that he tanks a shot from victini and survives, i would just take out alakazam, because he has the focus sash and I know he will live. He's been my favorite pokemon for few generations and I wanted to put him in haha...

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 4 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald

So far, this seems like the most useless one. Especially because victini and alakazam already show fatal weakness to dark type, and this even makes my team weaker against dark types. I really just wanted a spinner. Some suggestions needed here please :(

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Foul Play

I put sableye, really for that taunt and prankster. The team i struggle the most against were trick room teams, since my ninjask speed actually puts me on a disadvantage under trickroom. and i just taunt with sableye to stop that. Not to mention he's pretty good tank with no weakness (in gen 5) and prankster will o wisp combo.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is simple, as you can see hes just a tank, setup pokemon. I do sometimes lead with it if i dont particularily see opponent's fire type pokemon to be really threatening or think that he won't start with it.

So here is my team, strategy is super simple.
Usually: Ninjask start, substitute protect > gain speed from his ability (and sword dance mayb) > baton pass to victini > sweep.

and I found 2 major weakness. Taunt, and trick room. Really when opponent has one of those two it really gets hard to play this team and the team I have right now really doesn't have good enough back up.

Please help; thank you :)

instead of foul play on sableye take full advantage of prankster by putting on choice scarf with trick as your lead. Also on ninjask instead of a focus sash since you can sub protect without getting hit, put on a ganlon berry to raise defense by 1.5, which can make all the difference.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
I personally think teams based around speed passing from ninjask aren't reliable against bigger players in general, but whatever floats your boat. Ganlon berry is an awful idea, use leftovers to get 5 subs max.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)