Rate my team please! (Peak 1600, im normally a 1400 player) Balance Kommo-o

:SS/weavile: :SS/Tapu lele: :SS/Slowking-Galar: :SS/Ferrothorn: :SS/landorus-therian: :SS/Kommo-o:

Introduction

hi everyone, this is my first team I have made all by scratch and I think it’s good but that it has some room for improvement, would appreciate all and any forms of input/criticism. My idea was to make this a balance team having 2 sweepers, 2 tanks (a specially defensive and defensive one) and 2 bulky Pokémon (slightly defensive and slightly spthat could also do a good amount of damage with large coverage.

first Pokémon is weavile :SS/weavile:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel
- Low Kick
weavile is a good ice type user with access to prio move, not sure whether or not I want swords dance instead of low kick, mainly because of my only other fighting type move being body press Ferro on the team.
The next Pokémon is Tapu Lele :SS/Tapu Lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Lele is my scarf abuser for the team, I chose this Pokémon with the scarf set as opposed to specs because my team was destroyed by dragapult :pokemon dragapult and this was a good counter, good STAB with moonblast and psyshock, I brought energy ball for coverage but after using it for a bit I don’t feel as if it’s the best choice.

third is one of my personal favorite Pokémon
:SS/Slowking-galar:

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpA
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Future Sight
- Shadow Ball

With access to regenerator, incredibly high Special defense and high defense, as well as a strong move pool, this Pokémon can take a lot and return good damage, however because I’m running Assault vest, this Pokémon is very vulnerable to a knock off so make sure to predict the enemy’s knock off before letting slwoking take the next hit

The Defense for the team
:SS/Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Toxic

Ferrothorn is an incredibly strong defensive pokemon that can sometimes win matchups that it shouldn’t due to rocky helmet. If you can get chip on a kartana :pokemon kartana or urshifu :pokemon Urshifu-rapid-strike then you could potentially switch in Ferrothorn and he’ll be able to deal enough barb damage to make sure they get KO’d with your Ferrothorn. Gyro ball can catch a lot of opponents off guard and will do 50-60% to enemy sweepers often, predicting a u-turn? Get a free 28% damage by switching in this guy. Amazing Pokémon

for my spD bruiser I have this guy
:SS/Landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth rock
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
Landorus is a great ground/electric immunity pokemon as well as a strong user for knock off and equake. I debated heavily and I’m still not sure whether or not a mandibuzz would be better in its place so some feedback would be nice. Not much else to say about this Pokémon he’s just very strong always.

And lastly my physically defensive potential sweeper
:SS/Kommo-o:
Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Boomburst
bulletproof is a good ability if you can predict the moves it will negate. This set is surprisingly very strong and can set up clang soul on a lot of different things, this move set has coverage for just about everything. Enemy not knowing whether or not you’re phys or spec will always be to your advantage.

And that’s the team! like I said before any and all criticism and feedback is welcome, I feel like this team is close to being very strong but I just lack the skills to see where all of my weaknesses are and how to changeup To fix those weaknesses.

Last edited:
Sorry for the pictures not working the moderator told me this is how it worked but I must have misinterpreted something

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey jpflame, you're not supposed to make a new thread to update the descriptions, but should rather pm me the updated descriptions so that I can add them to your thread and unlock it. Anyway, I won't annoy you more as you made the effort to add descriptions and I'll let this thread open (and delete the old one which is still locked).

As for the Pokemon sprites you need to add a ":" at the end (this is why they don't show up), you have a little "edit" button to modify your post. (Tell me in pm if you need help with this).

Hey jpflame, you're not supposed to make a new thread to update the descriptions, but should rather pm me the updated descriptions so that I can add them to your thread and unlock it. Anyway, I won't annoy you more as you made the effort to add descriptions and I'll let this thread open (and delete the old one which is still locked).

As for the Pokemon sprites you need to add a ":" at the end (this is why they don't show up), you have a little "edit" button to modify your post. (Tell me in pm if you need help with this).
thank you so much, you’ve been a great help! the reason I made a new thread was due to some major team changes between the two teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)