Rate my rain dance team please Gen 5 OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Description: Hi and thanks for taking a look at my team. I know a bit about pokemon but not that much (especially not the jargon). This is the team that I've been working on for a fair amount of time. It is a basic rain dance team for use in [Gen 5] OU with:
1) Toxicroak, which is used to handle grass types and as general purpose. I can sometimes sweep with it if I get swords dance in enough times and can get rid of some psychic types with a well timed sucker punch. I especially like it because, with dry skin, black sludge, and drain punch, it can last for a long time.

2) Gastrodon, which can I use as general purpose, mainly against flying and steel types. It can be made to stall with recover and sometimes gets the sp. atk boost if I'm playing against a person who doesn't know what storm drain is.

3) Jolteon, which is used for types water isn't effective against. Its super speedy and can sweep sometimes...

4) Politoad, which is used to initialize the rain, and to either get rid of my opponents last pokemon or to get rid of a super stat boosted one with perish song.

5) Sharpedo, which is used to clean up after others or sometimes on its own with protect/speed boost and its super high atk.

6) Cloyster, which is used as a sweeper if I can manage to get shell smash/white herb up in time and as a last resort against entry hazards with rapid spin. Most people use focus sash but I don't like it because I sometimes use it to get rid of entry hazards.

I understand if my team is rubbish, I just want an honest opinion so I can get better at this. The main issues I have now are that I think my team may be too sweeper orientated, that my team isn't cohesive enough and I still have issues with breloom and ferrothorn

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)