Rate my OU Rain(sigh) Team

Hello, I'm kinda "new"(8 months) to the competitive pokemon scenario but so far I've been able to keep myself going up in the ladder, staying at stable 1900 spread among many alts.
This is my first RMT so please, be kind haha

The team is centered around Gyarados, my favorite pokemon, but still im struggling against some teams and I feel that i can improve this team way more..
I like slow and fast paced teams, but I would really like to transform this gyarados in a true MVP

So let us go to the team

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psyshock

Jirachi always pop in my teams not only because he looks cool, but any job given to him is job done, I'm using the wish+CM set for sweeping purposes and for giving support to my gyarados, they both work together and along with celebi

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

The job of this little green dude here is to cripple and wall, hes been doing it fine, but I feel like I could give him an offensive twist, Giga Drain and Recover helps keep him healthy, while u-turn is for giving my team momentum, thunder wave is there to obviously cripple fast pokemons.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

Toed, Celebi and Jirachi make my defensive core, and there is no surprise this jumping toad would appear..
He gives power to gyarados and make all the Thunders hit with 100% accuracy, also making weather wars possible.
I've made him defensive because i felt like Jirachi wouldn't be enough, and I didn't want all the weight up on rachi shoulder, scald is there for the accuracy and the occasional burn along with toxic
Protect is for scouting purposes and Perish Song is there as a filler but occasionally if someone tries to set up Toad wouldn't leave it cheap

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolty's job is to scout and rack some kills here and there, he's fast and works wonders with Rain.
He and Gyarados compliment each other very well and help me get past walls
Thunder is there for obvious reasons while Volt Switch gives momentum in conjunction with celebi u-turn.
Signal Beam and HP Ice are fillers, so I can hit psychic and dark pokemons for super effective damage, while HP Ice finish dragons and Landorous-T

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

This is my "Suicide Lead" sash Terrakion.
His job is obvious, he sets SR for me and can get past some physical walls like Blissey and Ferrothorn.
Stone Edge is there so i can nail those flying pests and luckily get a crit.
Sometimes I can pull off Swords Dance and it gives me a really good sweeping potential with him, but nonetheles Rakion is just there to get those SR UP

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Bounce

Here is the MVP, my favorite pokemon, he looks fearsome doesn't he?
The goal of this set is to set up and sweep, and dude he does it just fine
Waterfall is his main stab move, and he hits like a truck after one DD and rains up
Substitute can make his job easier by blocking status and helping him build up his rage
Bounce is there just to hit those who can resist his waterfall, but after 2 boosts and rain on most pokemons get OHKO or 2HKO by it.

So thank you very much guys, this is my first RMT as i mentioned.
I achieved some success with this team, but i feel like i can improve it way more.
Hope you guys rate it and give me some ideas where I could fix and improve it!

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
First off, nice team you got there. Lemme help you make it alittle better :)

I know bounce on gyrados works but using bounce on a rain team scares me since a thunder would knock it right out of the sky if its not behind a sub. I see that sub is there so guess its alright. Ice fang is another option you can use if you want to hit dragons harder.

I dunno about using terra as a suicide lead. Its a really powerful poke so its a shame to let it die so early. Sash is good but maybe you can have a spinner (tentacruel/starmie) to help perserve it when its at 1hp. Gyrados would also apreciate a spinner since sub after rocks would knock it down to half its hp. Other than that i think the team is solid. good luck!

Thanks for the rating!
The idea of a spinner is nice, and gyarados would welcome it but i think i would be left with no power to deal with ferro..
hes kinda hard to deal with without someone who can hit him hard, other than that i will look forward for it! and the gyarados changes are really good, thanks

ur rachi set looks lik it cud work but a calm mind set mite appreciate more speed so things lik mamoswine dont force u out so easily

celebi mite like psychic a bit more thn giga drain cause ur team isnt tht breloom frendly and celebi can juss take the sleep and kill it

i wud scarf terrakion and give rachi rocks so u can revenge kill things lik d nite.

a spinner wud b quite useful for gyarados i hate having so much hp taken off for switchin him in and it cud be bad if ur tryin to setup. starmie cud b useful as it takes advantage of rain while spinning

Hey Buddy,
First off what Ito said about bounce, kinda risky there..

My only suggestion which you may not agree with would be to throw in a spinner rather than Jirachi. I know he's a great poke, but based on the thousands of ou matches I've played, he's only a threat when he's flinching you.. I recommend forretress. He's not on my main team, but is extremely useful and bulky..
Donphan is another option with his ice shard..

Other than that it pretty solid.. If you ever consider replacing Jolt, try Raikou for his move pool and Magnezone to trap and boost on other steel types..

Take care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)