Rate My OU 1 vs 1 (New to Competitive Battling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is my team:

Switches:

Battle 1
Battle 2
Battle 3

Changes in Red
Changes to changes in Blue

In Depth:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic (Stealth Rocks)

So Skarmory is my suicide lead for the team. (I have a shiny sprite up there just because Shiny Skarmory looks BA). But anyways, he is the suicide lead that will set up the basic entry hazards with Spikes. Usually, not all 3 layers can be set up, so the second thing to do is to poison as many opposing Pokemon possible with Toxic. Roost is to stay alive as long as possible to set entry hazards and poison the opposing team and Whirlwind is meant for stalling so the most amount of enemy Pokemon can come in contact with the Spikes before they get Rapid Spined out. Skarmory, if not KOed right away, will also act as my Physical Wall.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is my Special Wall. I switch him in whenever I anticipate water-type moves, which both of my special sweepers are weak against (down below). He is also a great utility with his Stealth Rock. Leech Seed is a direct counter to Aegislash, which is a pretty hard Pokemon to fight against, this also allows for successful stalling. Gyro Ball is to counter Fairy Type Pokemon and to deal damage in general.

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Mamoswine is my main Physical Sweeper. He doesn't have good Def or SDef, so I wasn't sure which stat to invest my last 4 EV's into, but I just took Smogon's suggestion and added it to SDef. Also, for the moveset, the Earthquake and Icicle Crash are for STAB. Ice Shard for priority is used when there is Special Effective opportunities and I need to outspeed the opponent. I have Stealth Rocks just for the lack of a better move, so I should probably change that. Mamoswine is also who I turn to anytime I need to outspeed an opponent. Since it has Ice Shard's +1 priority, it can get a hit on any opponent and hopefully knock it out with STAB boost.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Crunch (Fire Fang)

For Garchomp, even though we aren't supposed to post X and Y teams, he has a Garchompite. But these are all still Gen 5 and below Pokemon... Anyways, Earthquake and Dragon Claw are for STAB, but his speed is quite slow, so he won't be facing any other Dragon Type Pokemon. I have Stone Edge to combat Flying Type Pokemon, because of 2 Pokemon weak to that. Since Garchomp loses speed once Mega-Evolved, it can really only be switched out when Ferrothorn has paralyzed the opponent or the opponent has a definite disadvantage in speed. Keldeo's Icy Wind helps with that.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump (Surf)
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind

Keldeo is my Dragon Type check, Special Sweeper. He has Icy Wind to combat Dragon Types and hopefully slow them down so I can bring out Garchomp and outspeed them with a Dragon Type STAB move. I have Secret Sword to counter Dark Types that pose a threat to Gengar. I don't know if Hydro Pump is the best move, maybe it should be switched out for Surf for better accuracy. Keldeo also has Calm Mind to break any stalls. I don't know if Keldeo should be holding Leftovers. He has not yet been outspeeded by any other Pokemon yet, but there are many Pokemon faster than it in the OU metagame, so which item should he be holding?

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Disable (Sludge Bomb)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Gengar is my ultimate Frail Cannon Special Sweeper. He is Choice Scarfed and has Timid nature to outspeed pretty much anything. He rocks Focus Blast to get rid of any Steel Type Pokemon that could wall my Garchomp and has Thunderbolt to get rid of any Water Type checks that check my two Physical Sweepers. Shadow Ball is there for STAB and Aegislash, if I can catch it in Attack Form. I also have Disable so that I can block out any move that is a huge threat to the entire team.

Change(?):

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes (Toxic)

- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

So this is my team. I have tested it in Showdown multiple times and this team has served me quite well. However, I have lost pretty bad a few times, and I'm not sure what I could do to make it better. Please suggest corrections for any flaw you see!

Thanks!

Last edited:
A clasic team, put the hazards on the way with Scarmory and Ferrothorn, i only see one problem for your team... the sun, we have to rate this team like what it is, a 5th gen team, and sun is the law any sun based team can run hard on you, also DD Garchomp with berry can chek your entire team with fire fang and outrage. i will only suggest change Scarmory for Tentacruel.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
First off, lengthen your descriptions a bit more. Anyway, on to the team.

Magnezone. Skarmory and Ferrothorn's biggest threat. No real counter to it, but you can check it, so I guess you're okay there.
Garchomp. (Ignoring Garchompite) Don't run Crunch. Just don't. You don't have a single Fire type move on the team. Run Fire Fang.
Skarmory. No Stealth Rocks? Get rid of Toxic for Stealth Rocks. It allows for quick and easy setup. Then switch SR on Mamo to Superpower.

No real main weaknesses, but definitely watch out for Magnezone. Also you have no spinner, so I'd go with Mega_Lucario's Tentacruel, but put it in Ferrothorn's spot. Still Specially bulky and can spin. Kinda need Skarm for those Whirlwinds.

Keldeo and Gengar can check Magnezone also you can allways run Fire fang with Garchomp instead of Crunch, also if you want to put Tentacruel run Toxic instead of Toxic spikes, Toxic Spikes work best for stall, a Toxic, Scald Tentacruel with Protect and Leftovers is awesome if you don't have a rain team.

OK, so I wasn't quite sure exactly what sun does to a battle, could someone please enlighten me on that? And also, now that Ferrothorn is out of the team, there isn't any Steel Type moves that any Pokemon knows. I'm scared of Fairy Type Pokemon which have almost no weaknesses. I guess I could use STAB, but that doesn't seem as effective.

ok... the sun, with sunny day and drought fire type pokemons can crush your team Scarmory, Mamoswine, Ferrothorn and Gengar will be down quickly, remember this is gen 5, if you wanna use this in gen 6 wait just a little more to post on RMT

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
even though all of your pokemon are available in gen 5, your team is a gen 6 team because of some held items. even your replays are from a gen 6 tier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)