Gen 8 Rate my Gen 8 OU Hyper Offensive Team

Anyone wanna rate my Hyper Offensive team?

Walking Death (Kommo-o) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Thunder Punch/ Ice Punch/ Poison Jab
- Drain Punch

Kommo-o is my sweeper and makes use of belly drum to maximize my attack stat with salac berry to inc
rease speed at 1/4 health.
I use either thunder punch or ice punch to get rid of pokemon like zapdos, tornadus therian, landorus, and corviknight.
This combination of moves and items allows kommo-o to be able to sweep very well.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill is obviously my suicide lead to setup stealth rock and get rid of things like sturdy and focus sash, and to turn some 2HKOs into OHKOs.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Prankster Grimmsnarl is my screen setter to allow my sweeper pokémon to setup, prankster allows me to setup screens with +1 priority.

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

I use Zeraora as my late game clear to finish up all of the remaining pokemon still alive after the sweep, and I use leftovers for recovery.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

I chose kartana as my second sweeper because it resists all of Kommo-o's weaknesses such as fairy, ice, dragon, and psychic.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Last but not least, Azumarill as wall breaker. Azumarill with huge power and choice band is really powerful and can take down almost any walls it can come across.

This is the first Hyper Offensive team i have built so I am open to critisism.
https://pokepast.es/b461e0a99e343133

Last edited:
Very good team, I only suggest changing the Zeraora a little, change knock off to play rough, change leftovers to either life orb or magnet, and give it either the adamant nature or hasty nature. Other than that, it looks like an amazing team! :)

Very good team, I only suggest changing the Zeraora a little, change knock off to play rough, change leftovers to either life orb or magnet, and give it either the adamant nature or hasty nature. Other than that, it looks like an amazing team! :)
Edit: not adamant nature, jolly. I got them mixed up

Anyone wanna rate my Hyper Offensive team?

Walking Death (Kommo-o) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Thunder Punch/ Ice Punch/ Poison Jab
- Drain Punch

Kommo-o is my sweeper and makes use of belly drum to maximize my attack stat with salac berry to inc
rease speed at 1/4 health.
I use either thunder punch or ice punch to get rid of pokemon like zapdos, tornadus therian, landorus, and corviknight.
This combination of moves and items allows kommo-o to be able to sweep very well.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill is obviously my suicide lead to setup stealth rock and get rid of things like sturdy and focus sash, and to turn some 2HKOs into OHKOs.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Prankster Grimmsnarl is my screen setter to allow my sweeper pokémon to setup, prankster allows me to setup screens with +1 priority.

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

I use Zeraora as my late game clear to finish up all of the remaining pokemon still alive after the sweep, and I use leftovers for recovery.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

I chose kartana as my second sweeper because it resists all of Kommo-o's weaknesses such as fairy, ice, dragon, and psychic.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Last but not least, Azumarill as wall breaker. Azumarill with huge power and choice band is really powerful and can take down almost any walls it can come across.

This is the first Hyper Offensive team i have built so I am open to critisism.
https://pokepast.es/b461e0a99e343133
Well your team is solid overall although you don’t need a lot of pokemon for entry hazards, you can discard your grimmsnarl, with something like a weavile, and, almost everyone uses weeviles when building A HO team, because it has a high attack and speed stats, but sadly has poor bulk, some ppl run focus sash bc of this, if u wanna be aggressive go with the CB set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)