SV OU Rate My Battle Stadium Singles (Series 1) Team

Hi all, please rate my attempt at a Gen 9 team for Battle Stadium Singles (Series 1). It's had some success on Pokemon Showdown and I was hoping to leverage the expertise here to make it even better. The general strategy is to lead with Scizor, Garganacl, and Hatterene; subbing out Hatterene when necessary. If facing a Fire threat, sub in Ceruledge. If the opponent is using a stall tactic, sub in Ghouldengo to Trick Scarf them.

1670276149950.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics

Scizor has an excellent defensive typing. Choice band, Tera Steel, and Technician makes Bullet Punch hit very hard. Close Combat for combating other steel type. Acrobatics is more of a safety measure if someone knocks off Choice Band, turning it into a 110 Power move. U-turn for utility. Scizor's purpose in this team is to hit hard and fast without the need to setup with the loaded Bullet Punch. Since his only weakness if fire, he can safely be the lead Pokemon. If he encounters Fire, he can U-turn or switch into Ceruledge to absorb the hit to trigger Flash fire.
1670276138826.png

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Body Press
- Recover
- Iron Defense

This guy is tough. Not much explanation needed here, but he is a staller/setup sweeper. Hit the opponent with Salt Cure and then continue to power up with Iron Defense to pump up Body Press. Recover when needed to stay alive. Leftovers pushes his stalling even more. Tera Type of Water allows him to no longer fear Make It Rain from Gholdengo and can stand up to Palafin. Purifying Salt allows him to do very well against Ghost types.

1670276129128.png

Hatterene @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick Room
- Mystical Fire

Personal favorite of mine. Trick Room into sweeping with Psychic or Dazzling Gleam. It's almost surprise how well she can sweep teams with this setup. Mystical Fire to threaten her weakness of Steel types. Focus Sash high increases odds of getting Trick Room off and then sweeping. Magic Bounce to reflect hazards and statuses. Trick Room synergies well with Scizor and Garganacl on this team as they are on the slow side.

1670276096250.png

Ceruledge @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Setup Sweeper... but mostly added him because I hate fighting Skeledirge and Ghouldengo. Also synergies well with Scizor when they try to exploit his Fire weakness due to Flash Fire. With a Positive Speed nature and full Speed EVs, he is faster than non-scarfed Ghouldengo and can take it out in one shot with Bitter Blade. Flash Fire shuts downs Skeledirge's Torch Song and then Tera Typing to Normal completely shuts him down as his Ghost moves will no longer work. Shadow Sneak is to gain priority to revenge kill when necessary. Sword Dance provides the setup sweep when the match up is favorable to do so. Life Orb provides that extra edge to output more damage and can be recovered with Bitter Blade.

1670276107675.png

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Low Kick
- Trick

Gholdengo is highly prevalent in this meta, but his purpose on this team is to Trick the Choice Scarf onto stallers and setup sweepers. Too many times have I been defeated by the likes of Blissey, Garganacl, Substitute users, Clodsire, Annihilape, etc. Gholdengo seems to be the Trick user out there at the moment. The rest of his moves are for coverage to be a general purpose threat. Most people run Focus Blast for Fighting, but the accuracy hit is too much for me. Low Kick has sizable damage as the Pokemon we want to use it on are pretty heavy. Tera Fighting to gain a STAB move and threaten Dark types.

1670276117353.png

Meowscarada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Flower Trick

As for my 6th man pick, I ended up with Meowscarada due to defensive typing coverage and an optional lead Pokemon when Scizor has multiple bad match ups where Bullet Punch would be resisted. Meant to be a thorn in the opponents side: Taunt can screw up any plays for sweeping or stalling, Knock Off can remove any key items that allow the opponent to execute their strategy, U-turn for pivoting, and Flower Trick for guaranteed critical hit to blow through the likes of Bulk Up and Iron Defense. Heavy-Duty Boots because I couldn't think of anything better.

1670279480836.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Some move choices for consideration:
Scizor - Acrobatics -> Quick Attack. 99% of the time you are clicking Bullet Punch or U-Turn only. The other two moves are generally filler. Quick Attack gives you a technician boosted attack to revenge kill a mon that resists steel (Fire or Water mons, especially Rotom forms which are pretty common). It doesn't come up often but it can win you a game you would have lost without it.
Garganacl - Body Press -> Fissure. I think the meta has adjusted to Body Press (and there are plenty of ghost or tera ghost mons running around). Fissure gives you a 30% chance to just delete something, especially something trying to taunt or trick lock you. You also don't have too much for the hard stall match up. Fissure spam helps there, stall crumbles as soon as one piece falls.
Gholdengo - Low Kick -> Nasty Plot. Nasty Plot might seem weird on a choice set, but you can set up after you trick something. Also helps with the special attacks drops from Make It Rain. It will also help you to break through those special walls (hopefully you get the scarf onto them).

Last edited:
Some move choices for consideration:
Scizor - Acrobatics -> Quick Attack. 99% of the time you are clicking Bullet Punch or U-Turn only. The other two moves are generally filler. Quick Attack gives you a technician boosted attack to revenge kill a mon that resists steel (Fire or Water mons, especially Rotom forms which are pretty common). It doesn't come up often but it can win you a game you would have lost without it.
Garganacl - Body Press -> Fissure. I think the meta has adjusted to Body Press (and there are plenty of ghost or tera ghost mons running around). Fissure gives you a 30% chance to just delete something, especially something trying to taunt or trick lock you. You also don't have too much for the hard stall match up. Fissure spam helps there, stall crumbles as soon as one piece falls.
Gholdengo - Low Kick -> Nasty Plot. Nasty Plot might seem weird on a choice set, but you can set up after you trick something. Also helps with the special attacks drops from Make It Rain. It will also help you to break through those special walls (hopefully you get the scarf onto them).
  • So a Tera Steel Powered STAB Bullet Punch would do the same damage has a non-STAB Quick Attack right? I can see this being useful in situations where I don't Terastalize, but otherwise I think the damage is the same.
  • I like this Fissure change. So many times have I been stuffed with my Opponent having a Ghost type when I use Body Press. I might sub out Iron Defense for Stealth Rock since I don't need the massive defense to deal damage.
  • I'll give Nasty Plot a shot.

Yes tera bullet will do the same as quick attack. It's only more damage when you don't tera scizor. It is quite situational I know (its similar to the knock off situation, rarely comes up). Sometimes you might not want to lose your bug type so you can take a ground or fighting attack.

You really aren't clicking the other two moves really. It's mainly u turn and bullet punch. The other moves are really filler and situational imo.

Nice team and good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)