Tournament RarelyUsed Premier League IX - Semifinals (Tiebreak at #27)

rupl9backup.png

Artwork by Kolohe. You can follow him on Twitter here!

:grimmsnarl: Spreadsheet :grimmsnarl:
:heliolisk: Announcements Thread :heliolisk:
:reuniclus: Scheduling Sheet :reuniclus:
:registeel: Replays :registeel:

Inting Enteis (5) vs. Dabbing Darmanitans (3)
SS1: Expulso vs. umbry
SS2: Isza vs. London Beats
SS3: Scottie vs. Askov
SS4: TheFranklin vs. Lyss
SM: Xiri vs. Luthier
ORAS: Alkione vs. DugZa
BW: Yay vs. Spl4sh
BO3: Eternal Spirit vs. mncmt

Sleek Slush Rushers (4) vs. Masculin Basculins (4)

SS1: QWILY vs. GW
SS2: Danny vs. Jordy004
SS3: TJ vs. Mac3
SS4: PokemonCestDur vs. zS
SM: tlenit vs. xXcrossbowXx
ORAS: Chaitanya vs. gorex
BW: GoldCat vs. ninjadog
BO3: odr vs. Star

Good luck in seminfinals, everyone!
Inting Enteis (0) vs. Dabbing Darmanitans (0)
SS1: Expulso vs. umbry
SS2: Isza vs. London Beats
SS3: Scottie vs. Askov
SS4: TheFranklin vs. Lyss
SM: Xiri vs. Luthier
ORAS: Alkione vs. DugZa
BW: Yay vs. Spl4sh
BO3: Eternal Spirit vs. mncmt

Sleek Slush Rushers (0) vs. Masculin Basculins (0)
SS1: QWILY vs. GW
SS2: Danny vs. Jordy004
SS3: TJ vs. Mac3
SS4: PokemonCestDur vs. zS
SM: tlenit vs. xXcrossbowXx
ORAS: Chaitanya vs. gorex
BW: GoldCat vs. ninjadog
BO3: odr vs. Star

Last edited:

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
I'm kinda upset for not making playoffs and unfortunately ending with a negative record, but this was a great and fun tournament for me. Thank you Alpha Rabbit for drafting me, and thank you to everyone who was on the team, was a pleasure to team up with you all :)

Anyway, good luck to everyone in playoffs!

Inting Enteis (4) vs. (4) Dabbing Darmanitans
SS1: Expulso (40) vs. (60) umbry - For sure one of the best games in the semifinals. Both are really good players and Expulso has a better record than umbry, however, I think his teams are more exploitable than umbry's. Having this in mind, if umbry has good support from her team, I am sure she can win this one. Expulso is also a great player so seeing his name bolded would not surprise me.
SS2: Isza (30) vs. (70) London Beats - I think LB is the better player and has been playing the tier more than their opponent
SS3: Scottie (40) vs. (60) Askov - Interesting one, but I think Askov's matchups were harder than Scottie's, and even so they have the same record. This game is probably gonna be decided on builder, and I have been enjoying Askov's teams more.
SS4: TheFranklin (65) vs. (35) Lyss - Although Franklin's record ended way differently than I expected, I still think he's the best SSer in this pool, so I'll keep bolding him. However, Lyss is doing well in the tournament and I can see them winning if the matchup is on their side.
SM: Xiri (60) vs. (40) Luthier - Really good matchup but I really like how Xiri plays and I don't think they're gonna lose now
ORAS: banks (60) vs. (40) DugZa - Dugza is doing well in oras with a 3-1 record, but I think banks is the better player here and has a better team support
BW: Yay (65) vs. (35) Spl4sh - Apparently Yay found his place in BW with a good record, while Spl4sh still has not won in this tournament and is not playing BW as much as Yay.
BO3: Eternal Spirit (45) vs. (55) mncmt - HL of the week imo. mncmt's only loss was against Gama, but I don't think it's happening twice. With a 1-4 record in SS, Gama's team for sure needs to work harder on this. mncmt, on other hand, is doing pretty well in a rough bo3 pool with only 1 loss, so I'm bolding him.

Sleek Slush Rushers (5) vs. (3) Masculin Basculins
SS1: QWILY (60) vs. (40) GW - qwily has been playing the tier more
SS2: Danny (60) vs. (40) Jordy004 - Danny is doing well and I don't know his opponent too much
SS3: TJ (45) vs. (55) Mac3 - This is also one of the best games of the week. Both has positive records and are doing well, but I see Mac3 slightly favored due to his strong capabilities as a builder.
SS4: PokemonCestDur (30) vs. (70) zS - zs has the best record in the tournament, which makes it tough to predict against him.
SM: tlenit (65) vs. (35) xXcrossbowXx - crossbow has proved that he is a great SM player during the tournament, ending the regular season with a great record. However, tlenit is also doing pretty well in SM and is more experienced than his opponent, so I'm bolding him.
ORAS: Chaitanya (65) vs. (35) gorex - As well as Zs, Chaitanya has the best record in the tournament, and his only loss was against TSR, who is a pretty strong ORAS player. Gorex, on other hand, has a negative record and is not doing well in ORAS, so I need to bold chait. However, I wish the best of luck to gorex and really hope he proves to me that I'm wrong
BW: GoldCat (55) vs. (45) ninjadog - I was about to bold "vs." because I think this is an even matchup, but I'll be bolding gc cuz I trust his capabilities to bring some heat that is gonna win the game. Anyway, both are amazing BW players and are doing pretty well in the tournament, so I can see this going for both sides
BO3: odr (45) vs. (55) Star - The second game that I'm more excited to watch. Both are really strong players who have only one loss during the tournament, and Star's loss was precisely against odr, but I think Star is gonna take his revenge.

Last edited:

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
doing predicts cuz expulso asked me to like.. gasp

Inting Enteis (3) vs. Dabbing Darmanitans (3)
SS1: Expulso vs. umbry - both yass players, but expulso is more involved with the tier and with building. also he'll for sure luck her LMFAO..
SS2: Isza vs. London Beats - ISZA(RU MODE)
SS3: Scottie vs. Askov - idk like.. im biased sorry. i just havent watched a single of scottie's game this season so idk! gl both x
SS4: TheFranklin vs. Lyss - i think this could go both ways, lyss has a good? record i think while thefranklin has more experience in the tier
SM: Xiri vs. Luthier - super fun mu, but i rate luthier as a player more than i do xiri. might be dire for him tho cuz idk who's building in sm
ORAS: banks vs. DugZa - i dont rly follow this gen much but i've seen a couple of banks post on the rupl (and snake) threads
BW: Yay vs. Spl4sh - whoever lucks first wins me thinks
BO3: Eternal Spirit vs. mncmt - yass for sure the best mu here. i think gama won the bo3 in regular season but i cannot bold against mencemeat as he's been doing amazingly in lower tiers bo3s

all of these games look slayful and most of them could go either way. but go darmanitans oml..

Sleek Slush Rushers (2) vs. Masculin Basculins (5)
SS1: QWILY vs. bbeeaa - better player but should b fun to watch regardless nvm bea is out now like.. will edit whenever some1 gets subbed in
SS2: Danny vs. Jordy004 - has more experience within the tier
SS3: TJ vs. Mac3 - great mu, could go either way but mace has been insane in ru recently
SS4: Daruma vs. zS - he's 6-1 (and lucky). go zs!!
SM: tlenit vs. xXcrossbowXx - i think he's been winning more this season
ORAS: Chaitanya vs. gorex - have fun x
BW: GoldCat vs. ninjadog - ninjadog has been super consistent in bw ru, so not bolding for him feels p wrong
BO3: odr vs. Star - he won during the regular season, but should be a great series that could rly go either way

basculins have the more impressive lineup overall, but yeah again this rly could go either way me thinks

also want to thank zoey n garay for picking me up!! didnt rly expect to get drafted considering i've never rly played this tier before but i had fun building and playing despite my 0/10 record x

come back sensei axew

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
RU TIER LEADER PREDICTIONS:

Inting Enteis (4) vs. Dabbing Darmanitans (4)
SS1: Expulso vs. umbry - I'm higher on umbry's play in general, but Expulso is still good and has more tier knowledge, and honestly the tier is all up in the air at the moment. I trust that he'll be able to bring more solid and play it well.
SS2: Isza vs. London Beats - London has had a better tournament overall, and has felt more solid in general recently.
SS3: Scottie vs. Askov - Close one, but I'll go with Scottie on this one (despite me hating the new name). I'm just higher on him as a lower tier player.
SS4: TheFranklin vs. Lyss - King Franklin. I think his Ls have been people just calling out his offensive teams, and getting bopped on matchup. Lyss has also had a nice tournament, but I think Franklin is the more experienced player here, and I know he'll be able to change it up in the builder if needed.
SM: Xiri vs. Luthier - This one seems p fun. I'm higher on Luthier in general, but we all know how good he can be, that he sometimes makes himself look like a low ladder goon. You really always get trapped in the mind game, so I'm rooting for him.
ORAS: banks vs. DugZa - DugZa has the better record at the moment, so I can't argue against that. banks in general has more experienced, but I still think DugZa will just take this one.
BW: Yay vs. Spl4sh - Spl4sh isn't having the best tour per say, and Yay seems to be pretty comfortable this season.
BO3: Eternal Spirit vs. mncmt - LOL damn predicting a gama game is so fun. You can predict for and against him, and both reasons will always be valid. I think mncmt is using better teams than gama recently, so I'll bold him, but it is anyone's game really.

Sleek Slush Rushers (2) vs. Masculin Basculins (5)
SS1: QWILY vs. bbeeaa Frick bea man
SS2: Danny vs. Jordy004 - Think Danny has more experience in general. Jordy has been grinding the tier up, and has a positive record, but I'm favoring Danny still.
SS3: TJ vs. Mac3 - I think TJ is the better player, but Mac3 is such a wild card in the builder, and he can also pilot his teams well. I'm gonna bold Mac3 due to mainer bias, but can't count TJ out.
SS4: PokemonCestDur vs. zS - Sadly, zS is having a good tour, so I'm gonna favor him due to the dominant showcase this season.
SM: tlenit vs. xXcrossbowXx - Both players have had a good tournament, but I see crossbow as the more motivated one. I'll favor him based on how much more he'll care about this.
ORAS: Chaitanya vs. gorex - Noooo gorex don't sack your entire team to a Barbaracle walled by your Jellicent!! Chait is having a better tour and is more established in ORAS RU.
BW: GoldCat vs. ninjadog - Close one. GC did come on top in their last match, but ninjadog has been on a rampage ever since. I think his momentum will carry on to the playoffs.
BO3: odr vs. Star - Similar case as above. Star lost vs odr but has been on a streak ever since, while odr has played half his games :changry: it could go either way honestly, but once again, momentum gang

Thanks to the hustlers for a fun time again even though we were again a point and a game off clutching playoffs. Special mention to cyanize for helping with SM these two seasons, your teams are truly amazing and I'm happy to actually build new, fresh stuff in an old meta. Pohjis thank you for letting me drag you along these two seasons, your records in each season speak for themselves. robjr for keeping your headup despite 100% being the unluckiest player this tour. Under new management next year, I'm pretty sure your luck will turn around. Beraldinho thank you for helping the SS immensely this time, keep at it in SCL. Now because you asked beral:

Inting Enteis (4) vs. Dabbing Darmanitans (4)
SS1: Expulso vs. umbry - Honestly at this point I don't know who the manager of the darms really is. It was meant to be lunala, but now its umbry but umbry and the darms SS has been just using punny teams so he may as well be the manager given he wants to very quickly forget about the season the verns just had. In the end I'll conclude the darms just have a hydreigon for a manager with umbry being the main head. I think in a higher stake situation, umbry will probably win the rematch. Both have been quite good this tour but umbry's main weakness has been using the same punny teams again and again. Expulso has built some hot teams this tour but I'm giving the edge to umbry solely based on the fact that either punny will come up with something new for umbry's open run, the darms will finally try to build a generic team which doesn't take more than 10 brain cells, or umbry will use some bulky wincon expulso can't break. Building edge to expulso, playing edge to umbry.
SS2: Isza vs. London Beats - expulso and franklin probably sit down every week, build and test a bunch of good shit. Amongst the mix, they realise they're addicted to steelix. So they decide that amongst the 5 teams they build, the one with the least diversity and the most boring one goes to isza. Rather than putting the lucky and fire alkione here, expulso and frank have decided to go the boring route here and are gonna get punished. London beats has played solid this tour but has had to rely, like most of the darms, on the bulky wincon to carry the end game after being behind. How frank and expulso address this building wise will be cool to see.
SS3: Scottie vs. Askov - similar to gum idk like.. im biased sorry. Osh started well, but inted a few games in the middle. He seems to have inted slam too so he's firmly in the inting enteis mindset this tour. Having said that, if there's one guy you trust to deliver when it counts, it's mans here. Askov is cool and solid but honestly doesn't make very many plays in game while osh does. In a SS tier that's less mu dependent than others, I'll trust a guy who makes more plays in game
SS4: TheFranklin vs. Lyss - Frank has lost a bunch of games to some random HO but lyss is the most vanilla opponent possible who almost certainly looks uncomfortable using anything apart from BO. Funnily enough, if lyss uses HO, frank will be so paranoidly prepped for it that she'll lose from preview. I think in a fatter meta like this one, frank's building probably is better. They're both good pilots but I think to a degree the darm's building has recycled too much, they need to switch it up for poffs.
SM: Xiri vs. Luthier - Xiri's strength I think lies in his versatility while Luthier's strength lies in his brazen play. Luth hasn't been as good as he normally is this tour but I think it's cuz he's not stealing well since most of the time his mu is sucky at preview. Xiri has played solidly all around this tour but him haxing mael and then writing 'weird one' triggered me in the thread so I'm bolding Luthier
ORAS: banks vs. DugZa - No clue how Maple mate is 4-1 in this tour and in ORAS that too LOL. Izaya's probably secretly ghosting him somehow in ORAS. I think banks is better and objectively I should bold them but Treats & Stuff has some secret sauce this tour so I'm bolding him
BW: Yay vs. Spl4sh - Both are using standard BW RU teams, I think Yay is luckier so im gonna bold him.
BO3: Eternal Spirit vs. mncmt - this all depends on what mence loads up into double tyrantrum and glalie LOL. I'm bolding gama here cuz I think a TB is coming.

Sleek Slush Rushers (4) vs. Masculin Basculins (4)
SS1: QWILY vs. idk who - I would have bolded qwily even if he was vs bea tbh. He's more involved and played p solidly till now. Bea looks out of sorts in this tour and I kinda like the building from the rushers.
SS2: Danny vs. Jordy004 - Danny lost with stall while Jordy won with it so only one of them here is under the delusion that stall is somehow good in this tier. Danny's been building quite unique stuff but has inted a few end-games after playing good early-mid game. I haven't seen enough from Jordy in general to feel comfy bolding him while I think Danny can shrug off end-game nerves to take one home for KC.
SS3: TJ vs. Mac3 - I think TJ has probably cemented himself as one of the best players on the site period. He's like almost undefeated in slam and already qualified for playoffs, had a good SPL, made OST quarters. Man is killing it lowkey. However, he is vs Mac3 that has been killing it all things RU recently. The invitational run was impressive albeit mired by a bit of luck. I think playing wise TJ is better while building wise Mac3 is better very clearly. My gut is telling me that Mac3 will probably take it based off a clever build if he positions an unknown wincon late game really well.
SS4: Daruma vs. zS - if zS went 0-7 this tour, I'd still bold him off of that wcop game vs raptor. He soul read the first seed in smogtour which was super fun to watch. I love McSim and I think he can definitely take it but zs has been super fire this tour and off of form, u have to bold him
SM: tlenit vs. xXcrossbowXx - crossbow has brought some batshit crazy stuff but has neglected sometimes to bring some basic team essentialities like a ground resist. He's played pretty well but I can't, in good faith bold someone who doesn't use a ground resist. Tlenit is no nonsense and good all around. I've been impressed by some of the plays he's made. The game vs hurta for instance was very well played from him. Idk where he's gonna get his team from this week but I think this game is close regardless
ORAS: Chaitanya vs. gorex - Chait's been alright and lucky which is a super dangerous combination in this tier. I kinda firmly believe TSR's take on this tour that no one (apart from Feli) knows how to fucking play this tier. Respectfully to gorex, his lineup would be a lot better if he didn't self buy himself and used the money to buy an actual oras slot or another RU player. Chait can use anything and I think unless he has a terribad mu, will probably do well here.
BW: GoldCat vs. ninjadog - I've been quite impressed by GC for his building this tour and it's been quite good. ninjadog has just been using standard bw ru but he's been piloting it super well, the game vs eternally for instance was pretty impressive. I think that if GC can come up with some cool techs/nice composition he should win but otherwise I think ninjadog can make the more aggro plays to take it in this tier
BO3: odr vs. Star - odr is very talented but also super busy to put enough effort into this game. I think that playing wise both are on a very similar level and rarely/don't make mistakes. odr usually has good takes on the meta that take him far but I'm not 100% sure where his head is at currently. I think that star slightly edges him in the two old gens the way things are and could take the series but it's close either way.

Both series go to tiebreak, it's an interesting RUPL nonetheless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)