Tournament RarelyUsed Premier League IX - Finals (Won by Sleek Slush Rushers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rupl9backup.png

Artwork by Kolohe. You can follow him on Twitter here!

:grimmsnarl: Spreadsheet :grimmsnarl:
:heliolisk: Announcements Thread :heliolisk:
:reuniclus: Scheduling Sheet :reuniclus:
:registeel: Replays :registeel:

Inting Enteis (4) vs. Sleek Slush Rushers (4)
SS1: Expulso vs. Danny
SS2: Scottie vs. TJ
SS3: TheFranklin vs. PokemonCestDur
SS4: EternalSnowman vs. QWILY
SM: Xiri vs. tlenit
ORAS: Alkione vs. Chaitanya
BW: Yay vs. GoldCat
BO3: Yourwelcomethanku vs. MrAldo

Good luck, finalists!
Inting Enteis (0) vs. Sleek Slush Rushers (0)
SS1: Expulso vs. Danny
SS2: Scottie vs. TJ
SS3: TheFranklin vs. PokemonCestDur
SS4: EternalSnowman vs. QWILY
SM: Xiri vs. tlenit
ORAS: Alkione vs. Chaitanya
BW: Yay vs. GoldCat
BO3: Yourwelcomethanku vs. MrAldo

Last edited by a moderator:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Inting Enteis (4) vs. Sleek Slush Rushers (4)

SS1: Expulso vs. Danny - Expulso has had a better tournament, and is usually regarded as the more experienced player. Even though his run has had some luck involved, you can't deny it is still part of the game. I trust him to both build a better team and play the game on a superior level than Danny, who is no sleeper btw. I think he could very well take the game, but I have to be more decisive in finals predicts.
SS2: Scottie vs. TJ - TJ is having a better run in the tier, and in the game as a whole. Both have similar records, but TJ is just regarded as the better player at the moment.
SS3: TheFranklin vs. PokemonCestDur - Franklin is both the better player and the better builder here. PCD beat zS last week, who had been owning the tour, but it's hard for me to expect any form of consistency from him from just having played 3 games in this season.
SS4: EternalSnowman vs. QWILY - Now this is a funny predict, cause I just mentioned not expecting anything out of 3 games of a season. QWILY has a 3-3 record against some middle of the pool names in the tour. A good dub vs Franklin as well. And ESM has a scarce 2-1 record, but he beat Pohjis in the bo3 slot. Now, I know that's like so little to make this claim, but I personally believe ESM will be taking this game.
SM: Xiri vs. tlenit - Both have been owning the SM RU pool. Xiri has shown more consistency, but his one loss this tour was vs tlenit. I think it could go either way, but I'll be bolding Xiri as my personal pick.
ORAS: Alkione vs. Chaitanya - Chait has just been better in ORAS RU. I remember one game this season where I was impressed by Alkione (in SS RU btw, but he went hard), but in general I think Chait will take this ORAS RU game easily.
BW: Yay vs. GoldCat - This should be a close one, but I think GK has a better grasp of this metagame. He consistently tries out new ideas, and proves he can play them well. Yay is a formidable opponent tho, and he is just as capable as GK to win this. I'll be predicting GuldKatt to win this, but similarly to the SM game, it could go either way.
BO3: Eternal Spirit vs. odr - I have more faith in odr's consistency, but as you all know, I'm a Gama fan. I think he can win any set ever, the same way it wouldn't surprise me if he lost it. I'll be bolding my boy for this one tho, woo go odr!

Fun series overall, can't wait to watch the games live.

Good luck and have fun!!

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Short tiebreak predicts:

Inting Enteis (2) vs. Sleek Slush Rushers (1)
SS1: TheFranklin vs. TJ - Close one, but I like how the enteis have been building a bit more, and I know Franklin has the experience and tier knowledge to pilot anything well enough, altho TJ proved he can play this tier in both his RUPL and RU Open showings.
SM: Xiri vs. odr - ODR saved all his energy last week, knowing he'd play in tiebreak. I value him more as a player and builder. woo go odr!!
ORAS: Eternal Spirit vs. Chaitanya - Idk how to predict this one LOL. Gama has experience in ORAS RU but most of his teams are so ugly. I value him more as a player so I'll be using that to predict him to win.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Man, what a season. I honestly never though about my team winning like this but I am SO GODDAMN HAPPY, I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW. I literally cannot believe it, winning RUPL is literally one of the things I always wanted in this forum and I have finally achieved it accompanied by absolute goats. I am so thankful.

TJ PRIME MINISTER TJ. What an outstanding performance. Ty so much for clutching it out so often.
Chaitanya Simply amazing. What a record and how reliable of a slot. Could honestly give you any team and you will pull a W almost certainly. Ty so much for such an outstanding season as well.
odr Man, we ended up lacking a bit in playoffs unfortunately LOL. But man, thanks a lot of handling the bo3 slot and thankfully the situation with the finals tiebreaker didnt end up affecting us. You are a bro and one of the greatest RU players ever.
QWILY I was so scared that it was gonna be 5 finals lost by you LOL, but that didnt happen thankfully. Thanks a lot for doing so well in SS and ending up positive.
Danny your last game sadly was the timer and ps bullshit but you still did outstanding. Chait vouched for this pick and honestly no regrets whatsoever. Ty so much.
Ampha eu ai. Sorry you couldnt play much but thanks for always being present and supporting.
PokemonCestDur Goat. Got recommended this pick and 10/10. Great performance where the losses were just small mistakes that could have been a solid 4-0. Hopefully we get to team up again.
Luna's Banned now What a meme, omg. This close to just veto you from the prize, smh. Jk, unfortunate 0-4 but you were always there to give your opinion on the builds and that is very appreciated. Hopefully you get another chance to improve your record on this.
Daruma same with Ampha, solid 1-1 with an unfortunate loss that was due to some hax. Solid performance, and will love to team up again.
GoldCat BW Goat. Shame we fell a bit short on playoffs but this was one of my confident slots and you always brought some cool stuff instead of some cookie cutter offenses. Nice stuff, hopefully we team up again.
tlenit One of my cheapest picks and one of the best. What a great and reliable performance. Sorry you had to pull through like that on the tiebreaker but thanks a lot of saving the dishes on that, and almost pulling through on an ass matchup with no dark resist.
Dj Breloominati♬ ToastedBunzzz02 sorry you guys couldnt play, the sad part of having so many people but thanks Spitfire for the constant support and being there for all season. ToastedBunzzz, you did provided some teams and small support but a shame you disappeared but hey, welcome to the hall of fame.
Inder Staxi Oathkeeper sorry you guys couldnt play more. Thanks a lot for always being available, hopefully a next time.
bb skarm thanks a lot for the support all season. Came in clutch and always ready to provide input, for pretty much nothing in exchange. Thank you so much for accompanying on the ride.
Mac3 thanks a lot for coming up with the support in finals!

You are all the best team and I will draft you all again.

Cheers!

HECK YEAH, WE ARE CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS

Last edited:

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
I am currently off of working 14 bloody hours at work today so this will be a bit shorter and simpler because my brain is just fried.

Really wish i was able to do more in this tour, i feel as though i played my games well, its just all my opponents just beat me cleanly (and one of those was subbing over odr into pohjis with 0 prep) which didn't really help my record either, but i was v close to winning both the games i did play in the bo3 so honestly in terms of how i played im satisfied, just wish i got some Ws. (I'm gonna say i should be given 1-4 just for giving QWILY my rain k thnx)

Chaitanya TJ tlenit GoldCat and everybody else smashed everybody so well and i would team with all yall again, aswell as odr if he learns how to use an alarm clock.

I would say I cant wait till next time but im not quite confident i get drafted again after going 0-4 on paper, so I'll say it twas a blast and it, thanks yall

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to the aldos, you guys were excellent all tour and definitely deserving winners.

I wont do full shoutouts after we didnt win the tour -- will save most of that for PMs -- but I felt I owed a few people special shoutouts bc of their great work this tour. This is even though our chat was dead af LOLOL Ive almost never had this few lines in a team tour. A lot of this was cuz i had graduation and a job so sorry if I didn't give you guys the best version of me as a manager :/.

TheFranklin thanks for co-managing with me, you were really helpful with a lot of roster decisions, prep, and so on -- big reason why we got this far, even before we factor in your good record on the sheet. Also thanks for putting up with everyone and their mother cheesing u this tour lol that would've tilted me so hard.

Xiri 7-1 is fantastic! Amazing work this season :) and that leads right into Yay ... thank you SO much for your hard work in prep as well as subbing into literally the tour-deciding game and playing very well against the tier's best player. That game def could've gone your way and I'm really impressed with how u played all your games this season. Aside from that, great work with Xiri in SM prep all tour long. The best 3k I could have asked for. (way better than Alkione who was also OK i guess...)

thanks to Yourwelcomethanku for the hard work in making scouts for most of the weeks and good SS team feedback/suggestions -- ty also for subbing in to play the last minute finals game, u did great despite the result (+ I screwed u over in oras)

thank you to Beraldinho and Sage for the help in finals, appreciate ya both

and finally a shoutout to MYSELF for going 7-2. Definitely dont click the spoiler box haha...
Screen_Shot_2022-05-30_at_12.29.50_AM.png

EDIT: late at night and i forgot omg but thanks so much for hosting btboy!! You did a great job :) big relief to not need a player/manager in the tour to also host this time

Last edited:

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Thanks btboy for hosting. Good and nice proactive way to handle whenever something came up. Fair to say there was quite a good bunch of stuff where you had to step in, heck, even in playoffs there was solid amount of situations. Keep it up! and yet again, thanks for good performance in the other end.

Luna's Banned now in nutshell for solid 10weeks straight
1653896586641.png

Last thanks to MrAldo for having me and trusting on my tight schedule during the tour.

hey, just wanted to pass by and shoutout some friends after this tour

Expulso thank you for believing in me to help in this tour. ik i'm not an active player at all lately and looking at that point i would feel like i was betting real high on your position. i have a lot of passion for sm and bw and i'm really glad you entrusted the prep work on these metagames to me. you are a nice manager, had a banger tournament and definitely deserved a tad bit more active team chat LOL but i hope you had a good time

Xiri you are actually the best, you are one of the strongest players i've seen in a while and i still have no idea how you won some of the games with the shit i gave you LOL i feel we had this huge relationship of trust in each other during the season for prepping and the games themselves and i'm really happy about it, if there's anybody i'd like to team up again, it is you :)

Scottie TheFranklin EternalSnowman Isza Alkione you all did your best and had a lot of cool in SS and i'm really glad for that! i particularly kinda skipped gen 8 because it's not really a metagame i enjoy, but i'm happy we had awesome players to put up to the task. it was awesome to team up with you :) alki im sorry for not bringing the demon i will remember it for a next time :psycry: also Sage Beraldinho ty for the help on playoffs sz

Miyami~~~ Yourwelcomethanku you two didn't have as many opportunities on the tour, but you were always active and helpful and stepped up when we needed the most. thank you friends

congratulations for the slush rushers and specially to MrAldo, i know you really wanted to win this as much as i did and you totally deserved a RUPL win after so long.

to me, it feels like i will never have a chance like this again, i had probably the best season i could and let the chance slip off my fingers when it mattered the most. on the bright side, i didnt have as much fun and joy playing mons in a long time, so maybe it means i should stick around for more?

cheers everybody, i hope for a wonderful rupl next year <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)