RarelyUsed CCAT - SS Omastar - Revision

banner by Treecko :>
CCAT is a project where a forum builds a team together. This means there will be many steps and the community will decide what's best in each and every one of them.

The team here:

Omastar @ Lum Berry
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sleep Talk

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 208 HP / 96 Def / 204 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell

Torterra @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 96 Spd / 212 HP / 44 Atk / 156 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk
- Wild Charge

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost

1. In round 1, users will submit the focus pokemon of the team. The majority of the time the pokemon is a sweeper, however any type of pokemon can become the focus pokemon for the team. Remember that while the focus pokemon should be successful the majority of the time, it should also be interesting enough to sustain interest in the CCAT. The CCAT is also a learning experience, so don't be afraid to go a little outside of the box and explore. At the end of the round 1, there will be a vote on the submitted pokemon sets by users. The pokemon that wins the majority of the votes will be the focus pokemon. Dont use too standard and top sets to begin our CCAT.
  2. At the beginning of each new round, users will submit a pokemon set to compliment the focus Pokemon. The pokemon set should aim to contribute to the function of the focus pokemon (the pokemon chosen in round 1) and prevent the team as a whole from being threatened by the majority of the metagame. Again, the sets submitted by users will be subject to vote and whichever pokemon garners the most votes wins. After to finish the first mons like 2-3 we chose a playstyle for our team.
  3. After step 2 has been repeated for all the Pokemon in the team, we will have our semi-final team. Our semi-final team will be subject to a ladder test in order for us to revise any errors in our teambuilding.
  4. After step 3, we will revise our team to get the final product.
RULES:
  • What you say must be viable
  • No SPAM
  • Nominate only once
  • DO NOT post things just because they look cool
  • The metagame must be friendly to what you post
  • DO NOT post stuff that is not viable anymore
Changes in Format / Reminders:
  • There are no more bonus votes for getting your set featured on the team.
  • There are no more slashes on Pokemon sets. Different slashes can take a team in different directions.
  • There will be no more "singular" voting. You will have the ability to vote for multiple Pokemon in one round (ussually 2-3). You must follow the direction of the post the starts a voting round. You MUST use all your votes.
  • You CAN vote your own set.
  • There will be no voting on the "team direction." The direction the team will be taking is reflected in the Pokemon sets you submit / vote for.
  • Do not vote for the set you think has the highest chance of winning. Vote for the set that you find is the most contributing to the team while being interesting at the same time.
  • Try not to have a submission be your only contribution for the CCAT. Discussion is important too for convincing / guiding users on the direction the team should take, the flaws of other submitted sets, and the threats that are found in the metagame now.
Note: Molk and me can rejected sets if we think that dont worth, is a big difference between lures or "underrated" stuff and just bad gimmicky or mons with a very limited niche or very restrictive stuff like suicide hazards lead to begin our ccat or very niche walls which restric our ccat, so this stuff will be not allowed on the vote. Just check the Viability RU ranking thread and RU playstyle classification thread

OP taken from the OU CCAT, thanks @ThePillsburyDoughBoy and this project was approved by @Molk and @DittoCrow
So lets go to submit your set!

Last edited:

Omastar @ Lum Berry
Weak Armor / Timid
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- HP Grass

One of the most underrated sweepers in the tier. Outruns premium scarf user Rotom-C and demolishes it with Ice Beam. Also finds setup opportunities on status users such as Uxie, stuff like Entei, Normal and Flying types, etc. I'd be really interested to see what the RU community can come up with to support this guys sweep

edit @Molk no grass gem? :'( really good for powering through the mosn you listed together with hp fire, and you can sleep moltres i guess, or have a team that can deal with it. lilligant is definetly a very good starting point anyway though due to having to have team support to eliminate the things it cant with hidden power

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Lilligant has always been a threatening Pokemon in RU imo, and i think its definitely a good option to start a team off with. Lilligant has been well known as a Pokemon that has a decent amount of solid checks and counters thanks to her coverage issues, having to choose between hitting things with Hidden Power Fire or Hidden Power Rocks, but is incredibly powerful otherwise, often completely sweeping unprepared teams with a combination of Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance, and posing a major threat to a variety of teams once its checks are weakened or eliminated by her teammates. If we choose Lilligant as the centerpiece of the CCAT, we'd have to focus on trying to take advantage of or eliminating the Pokemon that she struggles with when running the Hidden Power she is, which makes her a great option to teambuild around, especially because of how amazing the payoff can be when she's supported effectively. For example, the set i posted above struggles with Pokemon such as Emboar, Escavalier, Ferroseed, and Klinklang, so we'd have to try and find ways to get them out of the way or turn them into a way to get an easy advantage with a teammate.

Uxie @ Light Clay
Levitate / Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

I was going to suggest Klinklang, but apparently these have to be kinda rare sets. I was pretty shocked when I saw this set existed for Uxie in the smogon descriptions I have actually never seen it, other than the occasional filler move screen. I understand that generally a sweep is picked for this round, but the first pokemon on any heavy offense team in RU would have to be Uxie. RU is basically as offensive as HGSS OU, correct me if I'm wrong, and dual screens Azelf was very popular at the time. I can see Dual Screens Uxie being a similar beast in RU. As it is faster than a good number of threats, and with its impressive bulk can generally start off every match with at least one screen and protect. The only huge problems are Aerodactyl and Accelgor [that I can think of] which are frail and can be killed off to bring in Uxie later.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

This is a pretty underrated set atm, but I think it's actually pretty good. While people often like to use Uxie as their Sub Calm Minding Psychic-type, Mesprit is really cool mainly due to its arguably better coverage with Ice Beam + Psyshock, as well as its ability to just hit stuff hard immediately, unlike Uxie. It also wrecks a lot of slower teams that lack Spiritomb since Mesprit sets up on Slowking and 2HKOes it with Psyshock at +6, and most defensive cores have no solid answer to Mesprit's powerful Psyshock + Ice Beam combination, outside of Spiritomb of course. Thanks to its still decent bulk, Speed, and ability to hit hard immediately, it's still quite a threat vs offense as well. This guy would also be interesting to build around simply because, in the teambuilding process, we would have to consider the advantages that Mesprit has over SubCM Uxie and consider how to support those effectively, and make the team so that Mesprit functions better on it than SubCM Uxie would, which would be an interesting challenge for the RU community to take on.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Substitute
-X-Scissor

This might be stretching it, as Ninjask is looked down upon for obvious reasons, but I think Ninjask would be a great and interesting start for this CCAT. It is obviously shut down in the eyes of some players because of its attraction to noobs and lack of proper teambuilding, so that's why I thought of it. When built around with the top players of RU, Ninjask could show its fullest potential. Idk how many RU Pokemon would love +2 speed and be able to tear teams apart. I also suggested it because I like the variety and abundance of Rapid Spin users in RU, but that's for later parts of this project.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Scolipede @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail

One of the most underrated Pokemon in RU, Scolipede is an incredible Pokemon; and this incredibly rare set is quite a monster indeed. Scolipede can use the famed SubSD combo to threaten teams with frightening power; and Megahorn and Aqua Tail provide great coverage for Scolipede to sweep. Scolipede's Speed is also excellent by RU standards, and it can outspeed and kill most things in general. Scolipede can also run Salac Berry, so after three Subs, it can outspeed everything and Swarm powers up its Megahorn even greater. You only need an SD boost or a Salac boost, and it's simply GG. If you get both, then Scolipede will win you the game. This is an incredible set that would be interesting to build around (and not in the way I did), and would be really cool to use and harness Scolipede's sweeping prowess.

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Drain Punch
-Thunderpunch

Choice Band Golurk makes its entrance! This Pokemon's power output is similar to that of CB Druddigon, with excellent STAB moves and coverage moves that abuse its useful ability, Iron Fist. Earthquake is a must with the Steel, Electric, and Fire-types running around RU, and it has 225 BP after STAB and the item are factored in, on top of 100% accuracy. Shadow Punch works wonders on Uxie and Mesprit, as well as other threats such as Slowking and the rare Haunter, giving them all a headache, especially since three of these four Pokemon are immune to Earthquake. Drain Punch forms the infamous Ghost-Fighting coverage while giving Golurk a lone support of recovery, which is very important since Golurk gets worn down by Spikes quickly. Iron Fist is also used as the ability to bolster Drain Punch's power and recovery. Finally, Thunderpunch also gets a boost from Iron Fist and hits many Pokemon that resist a combination of the other moves, namely Moltres and Galvantula, as well as bulky Waters. Golurk's sheer power and the difficulty an opponent has trying to switch things into it make it an excellent candidate for a CB user with very few "counters," especially due to the fact that many of RU's top physical walls are weak to at least one of its STABs.

Last edited:

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power
- Roost

This guy is a bit weird. Everyone knows that its potential was limited immensely by its bad ability, but what this thing does wield is massive offensive stats especially on the physically attacking side, a high speed, and a pretty dangerous movepool that includes a STAB Acrobatics. This thing is pretty hard to switch into for anything, becoming a very dangerous wallbreaker, while outspeeding a majority of the RU metagame as well, only being outpaced by stuff that it easily OHKOs - most physical walls are hard pressed to take on an Earth Power as well. Of course, Archeops's power is held back by its fraility and Defeatist, making it a bit tough to switch into the field, but all the power it offers make it a cool Pokemon overall.

To make it work teammates would probably have to focus on it not becoming dead weight too quickly. There are a select few Pokemon that can wall it, and there are quite a few things that provide offensive pressure toward it. Keeping it healthy is something that would help it reach its full potential and overall be devastating, which I think would make it good for the focus of the CCAT.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
@ Lum Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

Because I'm too lazy to write a long explanation for this guy, using manly bullet points.

• Gatr and Kabutops have been chosen over Samurott in the past for a set like this, but I believe this guy has the potential to be even better by beating things Gatr and Kabutops can only dream of (Tangrowth), greatly damage Ferroseed without the need of only good for Ferroseed moves like Superpower, and beat regen cores easily with a bit of hazard support when it sets up.
  • Lum Berry is pretty cool because it allows Samurott to set up on stuff like defensive Slowking, beat Lead Smeargle 100% of the time, and avoid those annoying scald burns. Only relevant OHKO it will miss is OHKOing standard Amoonguss with Megahorn after SR+a layer Spikes, but that only has a 18% chance with a Jolly Nature and a life orb, and can be sniped by LUM +2 Megahorn after SR+2 layers of spikes. Samurott can beat Amoonguss if it decides to go for Spore instead of giga drain if Megahorn doesn't miss; and even if it goes for Giga Drain, Samurott has good chances of winning.
  • I prefer Jolly because fuck Absol ruining a sweep with its Sucker Punch if I decide to run Adamant.
  • A better bug Type than Scolipede.

Last edited by a moderator:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When I saw this thread I knew for a fact Omastar would be the first mon proposed, classic RU.

Anyways, I am proposing the following set, cause I think it could be the start of a very cool RU team, that isn't cookie cutter (lilligant, omastar) yet still functions well (ninjask).

Scyther @ Eviolite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Bulky swords dance Scyther is the perfect kind of pokemon for CCAT, not only does it easily benefit from certain teammates which lead to a clear team direction, but it also can benefit it's teammates with the use of Baton Pass, making this set an interesting starting point for a team. This set is surprisingly bulky with eviolite, and it's fast roost can be used to avoid some of it's weaknesses, while after certain threats on the opposing team are eliminated, this Scyther can sweep by itself. Best bug listed so far besides Samurott.

Mesprit @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
Zen Headbutt
Fire Punch
Trick
U-turn

Physical Mesprit is often overlooked, if not forgotten, despite the fact that this set is actually onsite (which I didnt know untill I started to write this). Okay, I did some more playing and I didnt really like the Twave Ebelt set :/
So I opted to go for CB > Ebelt and switch Twave out for Trick to troll 'mons like Mola and Ferro. Choice Band is to have some more Power, with Zen Headbutt being the STAB, Fire Punch having some nice Coverage and U-turn to scout and deal some damage against Slowking.
However it needs Support from other pokes to deal with Dark Types, Bulky waters and Druddigon

Last edited:

ss234

bop.

Rhydon @ Choice Band
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Double-Edge
- Megahorn

CB rhydon is a fantastic wallbreaker, and 2HKO's everything in the tier after just sr bar alomomola. The set is very straight forward-eq + stone edge is STAB, megahorn hits tangrowth / uxie / slowking for huge damage, reckless double edge is a cool move to spam early on because no steels / rocks are coming in on rhydon and 2HKO's things like poliwrath after sr. Defensively, rhydon can check things like entei, subroost moltres and it can also take cb head smashes from aggron to name a few. So basically, rhydon rips huge holes in people's teams and can check a few dangerous pokes too. It's also incredibly manly.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Double-Edge

No this is not subliminal messaging for my analysis but looking through my many teams this set was the one that stood out the most to me (besides Choice Band Mesprit but that is pretty much covered by Turtleye (although IMO Ice punch over Thunder Wave :s)) as being effective as both a lure (Scarf Rotoms, +1 Lilligant and +2 Omastar) and a revenge killer (A bunch of other stuff) whilst also maintaining momentum in-battle. All of these are effective in starting a team. It has great coverage in those moves and being able to take out so many top-tier threats as well as revenge killing other revenge killers is just perfect IMO. Baton Pass passes Sap Sipper boosts which is great in a tier overgrown with Grass types (no pun intended) and with a boost it can attempt to clean in the end.

Dragonair @ Eviolite
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Why not start off with a hidden gem? Dragonair can easily set up a couple of Dragon Dances on the majority of special attackers in the RU tier and doesn't need much support at all. Remove Steel Types which can be done with constant bashing and forcing switches or wearing them down over time. Walling Magmortar, Typhlosion and Lilligant is always nice. Imo it makes a fine first choice on a team due to it fitting on offense, bulky offense and defensive teams as a mid/late game sweeper.

Last edited:

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Psychic
- Air Slash

Really one of the more underrated sweepers atm. This guy is really scary when he gets set up, and with his immunity to hazards, this can be quite easy. LO + 3 Attacks gives him very good coverage and power, even further boosted by the Calm Minds he can pull off so easily against choice locked fighting types, walls lacking Taunt or Thunder Wave, and whatever he can cause a switch against, which is a good amount of common things such as Escavalier, Steelix, Qwilfish, Amoonguss, etc. Many of his counters and checks are either very easy to lure with another team member or are extremely frail (Manectric). If you're wondering why I use Air Slash over Roost, it's simply because the last slot is very nice to have for taking down Gallade and Slowking easier, and in my experiences with it, I've never found myself using Roost much, as you're generally outspeeding everything or what outspeeds you has an SE move that can 2HKO so Roost isn't necessary. You also aren't taking hazard damage every time you come in. Overall, a rather underrated, but effective set for Sigilyph, that can be very dangerous given the right support.

No pic damn phone
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, Bold Nature
Sleep Powder
Giga Drain
Hidden Power Fire
Leech Seed
I love this set. It beats a lot of common mons in the tier (Slowking, Non HP fire Sceptile, most physical attackers) and Put them to sleep or Leech Seed them. The most common Pokemon in RU, Slowking, is 3HKOED. Fire and Dragon types can pose a huge threat to this set. But the rest of the team can fix that. I think this would be a great thing to start off a team with.

Tangrowth (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Sleep Powder

Choice Specs Tangrowth almost has no switch ins to a Leaf Storm in RU especially when you're playing against Offense which is the most used play style in this meta by far. When it gets a free switch in, it's either killing a mon or crippling unless opponent has a hard counter such as Roselia and Fire Types which is why it carries HP Rock to destroy them on the switch in (especially Moltres). Choice Specs on Tangrowth is completely underrated, underused and much better than the defensive set in this meta imo and with hail gone this thing has become even more viable. With the right support Tangrowth can simply rip apart teams with ease, would love to see a team built around this.

Last edited:

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Jynx @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power Fire
-Lovely Kiss

Jynx is sexy in RU etc etc. Anyways this set is designed to be an extreme lure. I've run many, many, many variants of Jynx in RU, as I absolutely love the Pokemon and I find it one of the top threats in RU. With all those sets and move options, you never know what can take it out or take its attacks. The shown set is one of my personal favorites: Lovely Kiss + 3 attacks. The selected three attacks are the most effective atm, with LO Energy Ball actually able to 2HKO Slowking all the time after Rocks, HP Fire OHKOs offensive Escavalier, a very common switch in, and Psychic is the main power STAB and gets useful coverage on Fire types, esp Band Emboar and Entei. Ice Beam is generally inferior on this set, as all it hits is Druddigon and Sigilyph better than what is already here, and Sigi destroys it anyways. LO Psychic deals massive damage to Druddi as well, so after a bit of residual damage Druddi is dead anyways. Lovely Kiss puts stuff out of comission so easily, and on such a fast mon, it is very useful. Def a cool starting point for a team.

EDIT: @Hot N Cold that is one sexy af Aerodactyl pic you found

Last edited:
@Explorer

I see you took my suggestions but a small nitpick on the description as it still notes No Guard in there. I would use ThunderPunch over Stone edge as it gets boosted by Iron Fist and basically hits the same stuff. And it doesnt have accuaracy issues who Stone Edge does have now.

@Dcae

Nice set you have there mate :). But im not sure it will be the best idea to use a lure on a team a huge amount of the ladder will also recognize :/

Last edited:

Fraxure @ Eviolite | Mold Breaker
Adamant | 120 HP / 180 Atk / 24 Def / 184 Spe
Dragon Dance | Outrage | Low Kick | Substitute

hiya n_n

Fraxure is really cute. Look at him, he's completely adorable. Also this set smashes so many teams it isn't even funny, like really tho. Equipped with Eviolite, Fraxure is an impressively bulky Pokemon, and even with only this much investment in bulk Fraxure manages to take physical hits better than standard Leftovers Druddigon. While it has been long since encouraged to run a faster spread on Fraxure in order to outpace foes such as Swellow and Sceptile, with a noticeable tilt towards bulky offense / balanced I've found that a bulkier SubDD Fraxure is pretty ridiculously potent as a breaker and late-game cleaner. Resistances to key types, including (and limited to .-.) Fire, Electric, Water, and Grass, also play a critical role in its effectiveness as a Pokemon, allowing to comfortably play around and set up on a plethora of bulky Water-types, grab a boost against and Entei or Rotom-C, maybe beat Tangrowth 1v1 if you're in the mood for that sorta thing, etc. It even has Mold Breaker, so not even niche 'mons like Quagsire can handle this man. For reference, the EV spread aims to minimize hazard damage, outpace Sigilyph at +1 and most defensive 'mons before a boost, prevent it's Sub from being broken by some fairly common attacks (Poliwrath's Circle Throw, 2 Momo Waterfalls, etc.), and obviously maximize damage output '-'

I personally think that focusing a team around a more "obscure" 'mon would be a lot more fun than a mainstay of the tier (not naming names, you know who you are :< ) since it encourages us as a community to go a little bit further outside our comfort zones as team-builders, though it's all too possible that's just me '~' Thanks for your time friends n_n

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Gallade @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Everyone knows that Gallade is a beast, but this is the newest set we've (I've?) discovered with it. Sub + 3 Attacks blends the flexibility of the Bulky Swords Dance set and the offensive "pop" of the Offensive Swords Dance set into one. With a Life Orb and maximum offensive EVs, Gallade is able to really lay the hurt on the opponent with its great coverage. Drain Punch is pivotal on this set. It has decent power, lets Gallade recover HP it loses to making Substitutes, and most importantly, allows the use of Life Orb in the first place. Psycho Cut hits Qwilfish and Amoonguss which is really cool as both may come in expecting a Fighting STAB move and Sub allows you to scout their switch-in and successfully 2HKO them without fear of status. Night Slash allows Gallade to hit Uxie, Mesprit, and Sigilyph. It will 2HKO Mesprit and Sigilyph while it 3HKOes Uxie (important since it means you just need to hit it once before to be able to KO it later). Although some may be turned off by building a team around a Pokemon as common as Gallade, remember that this set is newly discovered and not many people have a lot of experience with it. This would let us focus on a newly discovered set that some have shown can work, but others may not know how to work with it due to how new the set is (only got uploaded on-site a week or so ago)

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Tauros @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast

This is an incredible Pokemon that is underrated. Tauros is an excellent wallbreaker that can deal real good damage to the opposing team. SF+LO Rock Climb is pretty powerful, while Sheer Force negates the LO damage. Earthquake provides pretty good coverage alongside Rock Climb and hits Klinklang and friends pretty hard, while Rock Slide or Zen headbutt are nice. Tauros's Speed and power are the keys to its success, and it also has fine physical bulk to take a hit or two if it misses out on a KO. Fire Blast is icing; and although it seems silly coming off of a paltry 40 SpA, SF+LO powers it up and it does good damage against Tangrowth, Steelix, and Escavalier, making Tauros all the more difficult to wall. This thing is something that should be rather interesting to build around; as it's pretty damn good.

• Nominate only once
@ScraftyIsTheBest So just choose between Scolipede or Tauros, not both, thanks.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 240 Atk / 36 SAtk / 232 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

• Here the mixed dragon, physically based mixed attacker Aerodactyl. Second mon faster on the tier without Choice Scarf after Accelgor, Stone Edge is the mainly offensive move more stronger because STAB , Earthquake is a very solid move by coverage to hit rock and steels mostly and them with a perfect accuracy. Fire Blast helps to bluffer Tangrowth, Ferroseed, Escavalier, Steelix and Durant which otherwise should to counter / check very well Aerodactyl, last move is Roost to to keep Aerodactyl healthy because Stealth Rock weakness + Life Orb recoil, this should down Aerodactyl too fast to do the work done.

Okey, submit round finished, i'm rejecting Ninjask and Tauros because was the second from Scrafty, so the final list to vote here:

• Shell Smash Omastar
  • Offensive Quiver Dance Lilligant
  • Dual Screens Uxie
  • SubCM Mesprit
  • SubSalac Scolipede
  • Choice Band Golurk
  • Acrobatics Archeops
  • Swords Dance Samurott
  • Bulky Swords Dance Scyther
  • Choice Band Mesprit
  • Choice Band Rhydon
  • Choice Scarf Sawsbuck
  • Bulky Dragon Dance Dragonair
  • Offensive CM Sigyliph
  • Defensive Tangrowth
  • Choice Specs Tangrowth
  • Hidden Power Fire Jynx
  • Dragon Dance Fraxure
  • Substitute + 3 Atk Gallade
  • Physically Based Mixed Attacker Aerodactyl

Your guys can give your thoughts about their votes, i'll vote after.

Everyone gets 3 votes. You must use all of your votes. Your votes must be on separate submissions and any order. You can vote your own set.

Deadline is 3 days from now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)