longhiep341 Xiri
Failbor Chains of Markov
Banbadoro Clementine
forsh

Xceloh

sommar
is a Tiering Contributor
Predictions but based on the trainer card characters

MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore: I'm not too sure what LordTheodore's character is, it looks like some japanese symbol or letter. Since Victini can create letters, we know that from V-create, I think it's fair to say that Victini wins this one
LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890: Lance vs Zard-X. Usually this would be a terrible matchup for Zard, but since it's mega and Lance usually uses slow dragon or flying types Charizard should win this with it's added dragon typing. However Lance does have an Aerodactyl which just needs to get rocks up.
soTsoT vs teresbahji: Guy with gun vs cavewoman, guy with gun wins pretty easily since cavewoman probably doesn't have modern weapons
pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san: Red doesn't talk so pokeblade just won't schedule and therefore loses by activity.
sunsets vs Puckbud12: Really depends on where you are fighting this, but i don't think we are fighting underwater unfortunately so the swimming gear won't be that useful. Mega Beedrill should take the win on this one.
Luchik vs tob: Idk who these anime girl characters are but Tobi's anime girl is playing Ring Fit Adventure which means she is a gamer. Therefore Tobi will win.
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial: Casual's man only has a knife whereas arcex's anime girl has some crazy weapon or something, idk i can't see what it is but it looks insane. Still all that light coming out from the outfit makes it easy for Casual's hooded man to spot and hide from her accordingly. He can then sneak up with his knife and win.
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh: We all know Piplup is better than Haunter, especially in Piplup's home region Sinnoh where everyone hates Mindy's Haunter, but why would you give it a clover to make it a grass type, it's now weak to Haunter's Poison attacks so therefore Haunter wins.
Xceloh vs Crunchman: This matchup really depends on if Crunch's train is moving or not. Jonesy from Fortnite would never be able to take an attack from a moving train, but the train is easily mined if it's standing still. You already know Jonesy wants to mine the train too because he needs resources for his build battles vs other toxic children. Only way for the train to start moving though is to activate it's Steam Engine, but that isn't possible as Jonesy doesn't have water or fire type attacks other than a rocket launcher which is a super rare item meaning it's highly unlikely the Train gets going.
Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore: Wigglytuff is a pretty cute pokemon and therefore u wanna hug it, but if we have learnt anything from Super Smash Bros, then it's that Jigglypuff (probably Wigglytuff too) is a demon if it uses rest on you while you're close to it. Wigglytuff's Wigglytuff is sleeping which means it is out for blood.
Blui vs RandomPopplio: Blue usually loses the starter battle so i think Popplio got it this time
Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus: Hilda has already beaten Alder in Pokemon Black and White so I can't see it changing this time either.
El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh: Lucas would probably win vs a police officer normally, but he just looks super scared in this picture so I'm going with DUC's police guy.
longhiep341 vs Xiri: This really depends on what kinda minecraft block this is, but unfortunately we can't see because something happened with the textures. Still it looks like the red haired guy has a tool of some sort so he should be able to break the block eventually.
Failbor vs Chains of Markov: Brycen man isn't actually real, he's just a movie character so Calen just can't lose because the battle isn't real
Banbadoro vs Clementine: Clementine's pyjamas boy has a frying pan with an egg in it. Hapu's Mudsale is still a huge threat but if the pyjamas boy can get the Mudsdale to switch team if he gives the Mudsdale the egg, he might be able to turn the tide of this battle and i think that's doable.

Predictions based on my lucky coin:

MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore: Tough matchup here, but it looks like the coin is in Theodore’s favor. Should be a splendid battle.
LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890: I may not know who Grandmaster is, but the coin doesn’t lie. LoSco is quite good, so I imagine he will simply miss all of his important moves here.
soTsoT vs teresbahji: Teres! Today you are a lucky fellow, and my coin has chosen you. I wish you all the best in your ventures
pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san: Finally, the coin lands on heads. Blade is a well-rounded player, so no surprise he takes this one. It looks like luck is on his side
sunsets vs Puckbud12: Puck…. The greatest warrior I ever knew…… can they be stopped?
Luchik vs tob: This list is long, will I run out of coin-related things to say?
Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial: Casual will casually take this match…. Ohhhhh yeahhhh
HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh: first flip was a misfire, but landed on Haunter. Second was Trefleuh. Decided to give em a tie, spice things up a bit
Xceloh vs Crunchman: Xceloh’s a great player, and crunch seems cool based on my very limited interactions with them. Today, the coin chose crunch
Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore: Never thought I’d see the day…. The coin has chosen you wiggly….. stand proud
Blui vs RandomPopplio: This list is quite long
Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus: The king returns for his crown….. but will the coin favor him next time?
El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh: Forgive me forsh….
longhiep341 vs Xiri: Looks like Xiri is getting Xirious
Failbor vs Chains of Markov: Failbor shall fail. We cannot run from fate
Banbadoro vs Clementine: Luck favors the French

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
Thank you to nearly all our competitors for submitting their rankings in a timely fashion! Without further ado, the Opens each respective pair of competitors will be drawing from for Round 1 are:
MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore
Gen 8, Gen 6, Classic, Doubles, Multi-Factory

LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890
Gen 8, Gen 7, Classic, Doubles, Multi-Factory

soTsoT vs teresbahji
Gen 8, Gen 7, Gen 6, Classic, Doubles

pokeblade101 vs Kaneki-san
Gen 8, Gen 7, Gen 6, BDSP, Doubles

sunsets vs Puckbud12
Gen 8, BDSP, Classic, Doubles, Multi-Factory

Luchik vs tob
Gen 8, Gen 7, Classic, Doubles, Hackmons

Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial
Gen 8, Gen 7, Gen 6, Classic, Multi-Factory

HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh
Gen 8, Gen 7, Classic, Doubles, Hackmons

Xceloh vs Crunchman
Gen 8, Gen 6, BDSP, Classic, Doubles

Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore
BDSP, Classic, Doubles, Hackmons, Multi-Factory

Blui vs RandomPopplio

Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus
Gen 8, Gen 7, Gen 6, Hackmons, Multi-Factory

El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh

longhiep341 vs Xiri
Gen 6, Classic, Doubles, Hackmons, Multi-Factory

Failbor vs Chains of Markov
Gen 8, Gen 7, Gen 6, Classic, Doubles

Banbadoro vs Clementine
Gen 8, Gen 6, Classic, Doubles, Hackmons

In order to avoid confusion, every respective list of Opens above is structured the same way, in the same relative order. To be clear: either player may choose any of the 5 Opens while battling. You are NOT restricted to the Opens you personally ranked highest. Once the matchup begins, the losing player (or the higher seed, for game 1) may choose ANY Open from their matchup's list. Additionally, please remember that, when applicable, the intra-Open formats are chosen in the moment of selecting that Open, not before.

Since we're already halfway through the week, I'll also reiterate that, given good-faith scheduling efforts, hosts will be (judiciously) generous with extensions for Round 1. Game on!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, i'm going to go ahead and give my thoughts and predictions in some of the games. Disclaimer: i'm quite new to the random battles format and i haven't had the pleasure of seeing all of you play so my predictions will be based solely on what i know and have seen. Hopefully I get to know each of you better through the conclusion of this tour. So without further ado

MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore: Michael is one of those players who has a fundamental understanding of how to play competitve mons in general. He's always playing to his wincons, has a strategy in mind when playing, and he plays slowly and thinks of all possibilites and usually reaches the one that gets him the win. Most people make predictions for the sake of making predictions but michael makes predictions that get him the win in the long run and doesn't his wincon. I haven't seen lord theodore play but if this lord has any connections with lady luck i do hope he can cash in those favors cause Michael is going to play hard, play aggressive and he will not make mistakes.

LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890: I haven't seen much of either of them play but i will give this to Loscon based on experience

soTsoT vs teresbahji: Teres is a player who loves random battles, his passion drives him to conquer all the ladders in the randomized format (except for battle factory ig). I'm definitely going to side with teres in this battle because besides knowing the game well when it comes to random battles you definitely need experience. Experience helps you play enough times where you know what pokemon the level balancing has buffed to be a wincon and helps you familiarize yourself with common sets of certain mons. Kind of surpised Teres didn't pick hackmons but that just goes to show how many tiers he can play. Now for soT he is a really solid player, his run up to the top seed has proven this. He's got just as much skills as Teres and knows the game well. This will be a fun match but ultimately the passion that Teres displays for the randomized format on showdown will give him the edge.

sunsets vs Puckbud12: I'm quite unfamiliar with both of these players but puckbuds main tier seems to be gen 8 looking at his open performances and in that same tier sunsets was a top finisher so if that's any indication to go by i'm going to have to side with sunsets

Luchik vs tob: Tob is a fantastic player and one of the guys who taught me doubles. I owe Tob a lot for my doubles run he was the man with the all the doubles answers. I mean who knew that screens only reduces damage by 25% rather than 50, not me but Tob certainly knew. I'm going to be bias here and pick Tob i'm really not sure who both of these players are but i do have a certain bias in this game and want tob to win which is no way me disrespecting his opp i just don't know much about them.

Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial: I'm going to say arcex here because i like his personality. He always had a comment after winning some of his games in gen 6 which I found amusing. He didn't give up until the end of his run and i'm going to say he rides that momentum to a win. Casual dot i dont know much about but from what i've heard he is a good player.

HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh: I've faced them both at one point or another and based off of that i'll give this win to Trefleuh. Two tiers which I strongly think Tref will win is, the doubles and gen 7 tier besides that could be anyones game. This in no way means haunter is bad aside from playing him in doubles I haven't seen him in any other tiers so he may very well be super good in those tiers. I just know tref a bit more cause he talks like all the time in randbats chat.

Xceloh vs Crunchman: This is going to be a close match but I think Xceloh is going to win. Imo he might be the overall better player. Crunch will definitely get that doubles win though.

Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore: Wiggly is a funny guy, always has an opinion on everything you couldn't pull this guy away from the keyboard even if you knocked him senseless. With all the talking he does i'm going to say he has the skills to back it up. However i'm not very familiar with his opponent so you never know his opponent might be a hidden genius. If Wiggly doesn't choose gen 2 classic round 1 I really urge his opponent to probably get that tier out of the way cause wiggly will pick gen 2 rands and bleed you dry.

Blui vs RandomPopplio: Based on their open performances aside from gen 8 singles Blui has had an overall stronger showing in their chosen opens from their list, so i'll give the nod to Blui here.

Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus: My favorite player in the format Typhlosion48/dorapult/sealed ruins. To this day I still don't know what his main account is. What I can say is that Dorapult had a stranglehold on the gen 8 ladder for many months. Dorapult still holds the record for the highest gxe in the gen 8 ladder. Michael is number 1 currently but when Dora was running things on the gen 8 ladder forget seeing number 1 but Michael wasn't even in the same gxe percentage as Dorapult. Apart from being a great player, this man carries zero ego even going as far as to help me review replays of some of my games. I had just started out in the format and first thing i did was message the number 1 guy in the format to give me tips and help me. Let me tell ya this guy never even complained once and handled my many rages in pm and provided tips to dealing with dynamax threats. Seriously though I owe a lot to my start in random battles to Dorapult and even if he was facing michael i'd pick him to win. Michiellius is no slouch as well he is the current winner of the random battles monthly ladder tour which shows how well he knows the tier and pokemon. This will definitely be a fun battle but i'm giving the edge Dorapult.

El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh: I don't much about either player but looking back on the open performances i'm going to give this to El quimico. Forsh is a gen 7 main though and he will definitely be looking to win that tier but el quimico seems to be more well rounded. Both fantastic players should be a good one.

longhiep341 vs Xiri: I've gotten to both of these players through my time on Team Asia. Both are great players and great people. Hiep is a huge threat in doubles, as i've experienced first hand and will end up beating xiri in that tier. However Xiri probably gets the nod from me when it comes to Gen 6 and multi factory. This matchup will probably come down to classic if hiep gets gen 2 in classic he will most likely win but if xiri can get to pick for classic then it would probably go to him since i think hiep gets doubles and hackmons and xiri gets gen 6 and factory. Since Hiep is seeded higher he'll probably start with classic and pick the preferred tier so i'm going to predict he'll win.

Failbor vs Chains of Markov: I haven't seen Chains play much but he definitely ended the year off strong with great performances in the final two tours of the circuit to finish off strong and make it into playoffs, which shows if he puts his mind to it he can be a really strong contended. His opponent on the other hand is failbor a tour room regular who plays any and all tiers in smogon. I'm going to give the edge to Failbor because playing the many tiers allows you to utilize the lesser known pokemon which in random battles if you utilize well can be the slight edge that can you get you the win.

Banbadoro vs Clementine: I'm not familiar with Clementine but Banbadoro has won the hackmons open and is quite versatile in many tiers. I'll give it to Banba but i've heard Clementine is good so should be interesting match.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, i'm going to go ahead and give my thoughts and predictions in some of the games. Disclaimer: i'm quite new to the random battles format and i haven't had the pleasure of seeing all of you play so my predictions will be based solely on what i know and have seen. Hopefully I get to know each of you better through the conclusion of this tour. So without further ado

MichaelderBeste2 vs LordTheodore: Michael is one of those players who has a fundamental understanding of how to play competitve mons in general. He's always playing to his wincons, has a strategy in mind when playing, and he plays slowly and thinks of all possibilites and usually reaches the one that gets him the win. Most people make predictions for the sake of making predictions but michael makes predictions that get him the win in the long run and doesn't his wincon. I haven't seen lord theodore play but if this lord has any connections with lady luck i do hope he can cash in those favors cause Michael is going to play hard, play aggressive and he will not make mistakes.

LoSconosciuto vs Grandmaster7890: I haven't seen much of either of them play but i will give this to Loscon based on experience

soTsoT vs teresbahji: Teres is a player who loves random battles, his passion drives him to conquer all the ladders in the randomized format (except for battle factory ig). I'm definitely going to side with teres in this battle because besides knowing the game well when it comes to random battles you definitely need experience. Experience helps you play enough times where you know what pokemon the level balancing has buffed to be a wincon and helps you familiarize yourself with common sets of certain mons. Kind of surpised Teres didn't pick hackmons but that just goes to show how many tiers he can play. Now for soT he is a really solid player, his run up to the top seed has proven this. He's got just as much skills as Teres and knows the game well. This will be a fun match but ultimately the passion that Teres displays for the randomized format on showdown will give him the edge.

sunsets vs Puckbud12: I'm quite unfamiliar with both of these players but puckbuds main tier seems to be gen 8 looking at his open performances and in that same tier sunsets was a top finisher so if that's any indication to go by i'm going to have to side with sunsets

Luchik vs tob: Tob is a fantastic player and one of the guys who taught me doubles. I owe Tob a lot for my doubles run he was the man with the all the doubles answers. I mean who knew that screens only reduces damage by 25% rather than 50, not me but Tob certainly knew. I'm going to be bias here and pick Tob i'm really not sure who both of these players are but i do have a certain bias in this game and want tob to win which is no way me disrespecting his opp i just don't know much about them.

Casual dot exe vs arcexofficial: I'm going to say arcex here because i like his personality. He always had a comment after winning some of his games in gen 6 which I found amusing. He didn't give up until the end of his run and i'm going to say he rides that momentum to a win. Casual dot i dont know much about but from what i've heard he is a good player.

HaunterBoy28 vs Trefleuh: I've faced them both at one point or another and based off of that i'll give this win to Trefleuh. Two tiers which I strongly think Tref will win is, the doubles and gen 7 tier besides that could be anyones game. This in no way means haunter is bad aside from playing him in doubles I haven't seen him in any other tiers so he may very well be super good in those tiers. I just know tref a bit more cause he talks like all the time in randbats chat.

Xceloh vs Crunchman: This is going to be a close match but I think Xceloh is going to win. Imo he might be the overall better player. Crunch will definitely get that doubles win though.

Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore: Wiggly is a funny guy, always has an opinion on everything you couldn't pull this guy away from the keyboard even if you knocked him senseless. With all the talking he does i'm going to say he has the skills to back it up. However i'm not very familiar with his opponent so you never know his opponent might be a hidden genius. If Wiggly doesn't choose gen 2 classic round 1 I really urge his opponent to probably get that tier out of the way cause wiggly will pick gen 2 rands and bleed you dry.

Blui vs RandomPopplio: Based on their open performances aside from gen 8 singles Blui has had an overall stronger showing in their chosen opens from their list, so i'll give the nod to Blui here.

Typhlosion48 vs Michielleus: My favorite player in the format Typhlosion48/dorapult/sealed ruins. To this day I still don't know what his main account is. What I can say is that Dorapult had a stranglehold on the gen 8 ladder for many months. Dorapult still holds the record for the highest gxe in the gen 8 ladder. Michael is number 1 currently but when Dora was running things on the gen 8 ladder forget seeing number 1 but Michael wasn't even in the same gxe percentage as Dorapult. Apart from being a great player, this man carries zero ego even going as far as to help me review replays of some of my games. I had just started out in the format and first thing i did was message the number 1 guy in the format to give me tips and help me. Let me tell ya this guy never even complained once and handled my many rages in pm and provided tips to dealing with dynamax threats. Seriously though I owe a lot to my start in random battles to Dorapult and even if he was facing michael i'd pick him to win. Michiellius is no slouch as well he is the current winner of the random battles monthly ladder tour which shows how well he knows the tier and pokemon. This will definitely be a fun battle but i'm giving the edge Dorapult.

El químico del pueblucho vs Forsh: I don't much about either player but looking back on the open performances i'm going to give this to El quimico. Forsh is a gen 7 main though and he will definitely be looking to win that tier but el quimico seems to be more well rounded. Both fantastic players should be a good one.

longhiep341 vs Xiri: I've gotten to both of these players through my time on Team Asia. Both are great players and great people. Hiep is a huge threat in doubles, as i've experienced first hand and will end up beating xiri in that tier. However Xiri probably gets the nod from me when it comes to Gen 6 and multi factory. This matchup will probably come down to classic if hiep gets gen 2 in classic he will most likely win but if xiri can get to pick for classic then it would probably go to him since i think hiep gets doubles and hackmons and xiri gets gen 6 and factory. Since Hiep is seeded higher he'll probably start with classic and pick the preferred tier so i'm going to predict he'll win.

Failbor vs Chains of Markov: I haven't seen Chains play much but he definitely ended the year off strong with great performances in the final two tours of the circuit to finish off strong and make it into playoffs, which shows if he puts his mind to it he can be a really strong contended. His opponent on the other hand is failbor a tour room regular who plays any and all tiers in smogon. I'm going to give the edge to Failbor because playing the many tiers allows you to utilize the lesser known pokemon which in random battles if you utilize well can be the slight edge that can you get you the win.

Banbadoro vs Clementine: I'm not familiar with Clementine but Banbadoro has won the hackmons open and is quite versatile in many tiers. I'll give it to Banba but i've heard Clementine is good so should be interesting match.
El químico del pueblucho he is calling you well rounded. In America that means fat. You gon take that?

Also please if I lose round 1 do not remember me as a gen 7 main, please. I main gen1 and your mum only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)