Programming Random Battles helper tool

LINK TO SITE

Hey all,

I created an app to use while playing Random Battles on the simulator. It keeps track of your opponent's team and shows the possible movesets of their Pokemon. Each time they reveal a Pokemon, you add it to your list, and the possible moves in Gen 7 Random Battles will appear below. As the opponent reveals individual moves, you can click on them to mark them as "revealed." This helps you narrow down which moves each Pokemon might carry, which will lead to better decision making. There is also a toggle for "singles" and "doubles", which will update movesets accordingly.

I am hoping you guys can test and report bugs, and I am also looking for contributors, particularly with CSS and styling. These areas are not my strong suit, as I am a backend web developer specializing in NodeJS and PHP. Here is the link to the GitHub repository. Feel free to open a pull request.

Info: this is a React app and uses many new features of ES2017+. The folder structure and code organization is not the best, I just threw this together during the past few hours. I do plan on improving and polishing over time, and welcome any contributors. Once it is polished and looking good, I plan on adding other random formats, like past gens or Battle Factory sets. Also, this is currently hosted via GitHub Pages, but I plan on writing a NodeJS backend to host the app, images, and add optional authentication so you can save your favorite teams, replays, etc.

IMPORTANT: Currently using Bootstrap grid (not full Bootstrap library), need help moving to CSS Flexbox (remember, I am not good with CSS).

The current styling and theme is heavily inspired by pokpeast.es. Thanks to felixphew for creating an awesome project!

Please let me know your thoughts!

EDIT- my Showdown username is eddy22

Last edited:
UPDATE-

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback and messaged me here or on Showdown. I am pretty busy with work, but fully intend on improving this on the weekend. My goal is to add more formats this coming weekend, and possibly adding an easy-access damage calc feature the next weekend. Again, I welcome all any contributions to the GitHub repo, ESPECIALLY with CSS and styling.

If you aren't familiar with coding, posting bug reports or feature ideas still goes a long way. You can post here, submit an issue on GitHub, or message me on Showdown! (username is eddy22).

Finally, thanks to A Cake Wearing A Hat for allowing me to post this on the Random Battles room on Showdown!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)