our house (Pelipper) @ Power Belt
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost
  • Damp Rock is (understandably) banned. Leftovers or rocky helmet are decent choices but I chose Power Belt for the slowest U-Turn in 2019.
  • Does not get Defog until Home
  • It’s Pelipper. You know what this mon does.
  • Lead with it

Our House (Dracovish) @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Low Kick
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
  • Low kick kills steels. Alternatively now that dynamax is banned try earthquake. I prefer low kick because fuck ferrothorn.
  • You don’t need the scarf on a team with Barraskewda so a band allows you to fuck stuff over
  • Crunch for Jellicent

Our house (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Poison Jab
  • CB Barraskewda is a fantastic physical sweeper.
  • CC and psychic fangs are necessary coverage for steels and pex
  • Last move is completely up for discussion, I like PJab because it kills fairies
(Mantine) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
  • Mantine is mandatory to not autolose to Grass teams
  • Specs Hurricane in the rain kills things
  • Hydro Pump misses suck
  • Before dynamax ban I had Agility over rain dance but post ban I think an emergency rain setter is a good thing
hour ouse (Drednaw-Gmax) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Earthquake
  • Gmax doesn’t matter anymore but I like it’s sprite more
  • Rock coverage is great to have
  • Superpower is a move
  • Earthquake is a last minute addition for electric teams which otherwise can be a tough matchup
in the middle of (Ludicolo) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
  • Ludicolo fits better than toad in mirror water matchups
  • Second emergency rain dancer is great
In short it’s a pretty brain dead HO rain team. Perfect for laddering. I’m not a very amazing player typically but this team has given me a lot of success esp for something that started as a meme. Comments welcome.

our house (Pelipper) @ Power Belt
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Our House (Dracovish) @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Low Kick
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Our house (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Poison Jab

(Mantine) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance

hour ouse (Drednaw-Gmax) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Earthquake

in the middle of (Ludicolo) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Introduction
Hey Stealthbomber16, I noticed a few problems with your team that could be easily tweaked, such as the fact that you did not have any hazard setters, an Electric immunity, and no Speed control outside of the rain, alongside a few other things. Here are my suggestions to help improve your team!

Major Changes
Seismitoad > Drednaw
:seismitoad:>:drednaw:
This was a fairly simple change, the idea behind it was to give you a new Stealth Rock setter since Dyna/Gigantamax are banned from Monotype, Drednaw can no longer use its unique move to set them up. Seismitoad also provides an Electric immunity to the team thanks to its part Ground typing. Another thing that Seismitoad can do is help against other Water teams with Grass Knot.

Toxapex > Ludicolo
:toxapex:>:ludicolo:
Since you can not Dynamax to reset Rain with a Water-type max move, I thought giving Pelipper a good defensive switch in could allow it to pivot in and out of battle with more ease, giving it more opportunities to set up rain. It provides the team with Toxic Spikes, allowing the breakers an easier time muscling past teams. Haze is there to stop dangerous setup sweepers from becoming too much for the team such as Corviknight and Gyarados.

Minor Changes
Pelipper
:pelipper:
The EVs on Pelipper were a bit weird so I tweaked those first. I made Pelipper physically defensive due to the fact that most of the metagame are physical threats not special. Since you were adamant on making Pelipper the slowest possible U-turn user it should be noted against Pokemon like Tyranitar, which you are usually faster than should be switched out of to preserve Pelipper. This item is really niche and has a lot more cons than pros but does help against other weather setters, however, it is worse in every other matchup. Because of this, I would seriously recommend trying to use Leftovers on Pelipper, which allows it to switch into the match with more ease, giving it more opportunities to set rain. Also since Pelipper does not have really any special attack investment it would be better used with Knock Off or Protect>Hurricane. This allows it to either remove items off the opponent and or to scout attacks from Choice locked Pokemon such as Darmanitan.

Dracovish
:dracovish:
The main change I made with Dracovish was to make it Choice Scarf, this gave the team a good form of Speed control while also being able to take advantage of Fishous Rend's effect against more Pokemon. This also allows Dracovish to hit with devastating power inside of the rain. The other change I made was to make Psychic Fangs into Outrage, this gave Dracovish a way to hit Dragon-types such as Hydreigon and Dracozolt for actual damage.

Barraskewda
:barraskewda:
On Barraskewda I gave it a Life Orb so it can switch between attacks with more ease, while still hitting with tons of power. The other thing I did was gave it Crunch as an additional way to hit Ghost-type Pokemon such as Jellicent and Dragapult for damage, since Poison Jab still does not beat its main target of Whimsicott due to Prankster Substitute+Leech Seed+Protect, which is the most common set on it at the moment. I know that you said Poison Jab takes on Fairies but the truth is Waterfall hurts them more under rain more than Poison Jab could anyway, so there was no reason to keep that move.

Conclusion

{team can be found by clicking on the sprites above}
This is the final version of your team after I tweaked it around a bit to play more smoothly. Anyway, good luck with the team, and I hope you enjoy playing with my version of the team. If you have any questions, let me know, I'm maroon on PS! and maroon#1999 on discord and wouldn't mind answering any potential questions, comments, or concerns!

Introduction
Hey Stealthbomber16, I noticed a few problems with your team that could be easily tweaked, such as the fact that you did not have any hazard setters, an Electric immunity, and no Speed control outside of the rain, alongside a few other things. Here are my suggestions to help improve your team!

Major Changes
Seismitoad > Drednaw
:seismitoad:>:drednaw:
This was a fairly simple change, the idea behind it was to give you a new Stealth Rock setter since Dyna/Gigantamax are banned from Monotype, Drednaw can no longer use its unique move to set them up. Seismitoad also provides an Electric immunity to the team thanks to its part Ground typing. Another thing that Seismitoad can do is help against other Water teams with Grass Knot.

Toxapex > Ludicolo
:toxapex:>:ludicolo:
Since you can not Dynamax to reset Rain with a Water-type max move, I thought giving Pelipper a good defensive switch in could allow it to pivot in and out of battle with more ease, giving it more opportunities to set up rain. It provides the team with Toxic Spikes, allowing the breakers an easier time muscling past teams. Haze is there to stop dangerous setup sweepers from becoming too much for the team such as Corviknight and Gyarados.

Minor Changes
Pelipper
:pelipper:
The EVs on Pelipper were a bit weird so I tweaked those first. I made Pelipper physically defensive due to the fact that most of the metagame are physical threats not special. Since you were adamant on making Pelipper the slowest possible U-turn user it should be noted against Pokemon like Tyranitar, which you are usually faster than should be switched out of to preserve Pelipper. This item is really niche and has a lot more cons than pros but does help against other weather setters, however, it is worse in every other matchup. Because of this, I would seriously recommend trying to use Leftovers on Pelipper, which allows it to switch into the match with more ease, giving it more opportunities to set rain. Also since Pelipper does not have really any special attack investment it would be better used with Knock Off or Protect>Hurricane. This allows it to either remove items off the opponent and or to scout attacks from Choice locked Pokemon such as Darmanitan.

Dracovish
:dracovish:
The main change I made with Dracovish was to make it Choice Scarf, this gave the team a good form of Speed control while also being able to take advantage of Fishous Rend's effect against more Pokemon. This also allows Dracovish to hit with devastating power inside of the rain. The other change I made was to make Psychic Fangs into Outrage, this gave Dracovish a way to hit Dragon-types such as Hydreigon and Dracozolt for actual damage.

Barraskewda
:barraskewda:
On Barraskewda I gave it a Life Orb so it can switch between attacks with more ease, while still hitting with tons of power. The other thing I did was gave it Crunch as an additional way to hit Ghost-type Pokemon such as Jellicent and Dragapult for damage, since Poison Jab still does not beat its main target of Whimsicott due to Prankster Substitute+Leech Seed+Protect, which is the most common set on it at the moment. I know that you said Poison Jab takes on Fairies but the truth is Waterfall hurts them more under rain more than Poison Jab could anyway, so there was no reason to keep that move.

Conclusion

{team can be found by clicking on the sprites above}
This is the final version of your team after I tweaked it around a bit to play more smoothly. Anyway, good luck with the team, and I hope you enjoy playing with my version of the team. If you have any questions, let me know, I'm maroon on PS! and maroon#1999 on discord and wouldn't mind answering any potential questions, comments, or concerns!
This looks much more cohesive, thank you! I’ll give it a whirl and come back in a few days!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)